Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,170,680 members, 7,878,986 topics. Date: Wednesday, 03 July 2024 at 10:51 AM

Soldiers Invaded My Home, Took Away My Sister, 15-year-old Brother- Abia Doctor - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Soldiers Invaded My Home, Took Away My Sister, 15-year-old Brother- Abia Doctor (29803 Views)

APC Admits Oyetola, Others Took Away Official Vehicles After Approval / Soyinka: Herdsmen Cows Invaded My Home, Police Lied. There'll Be Suya Feast Next / Olu Falae: Fulani Herdsmen Killed My Guard, Cut Out His Heart, Took Away Rifle (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Soldiers Invaded My Home, Took Away My Sister, 15-year-old Brother- Abia Doctor by Noerection: 1:21pm On Jun 01
A Nigerian medical doctor, Rose Agwu, has cried out for help after soldiers invaded her home in Abia State and arrested her 15-year-old brother and sister.

Agwu, who resides near Obikabia Junction in the Aba area of the state, said the soldiers broke into her home and took away her siblings, sparing only her 72-year-old father at about 5 am on Friday.

She revealed this in a series of posts on her Social handle on Friday morning.

According to Agwu, her siblings were taken without any information on their whereabouts or the reason for their arrest.

She stated, “Around 5 am in the morning, the Nigerian Army invaded my house, broke the gate and our door, and took my 15-year-old brother and my sister, who had just come home, away, leaving only my aged father.

“Till now, they have not been released. We are still trying to locate them. Please help us ask the Nigerian Army the logical reason behind this and how they can account for all the people they took and their plans for them.

“I don’t want to hear stories, please. This is how people go missing and get killed. Please release my siblings, they know nothing about the shooting or unknown gunmen, please.”

This incident came after five soldiers were killed at an Army checkpoint in the Aba area of the state on Thursday.

Following the attack, the Nigerian military vowed that the killers would not go scot-free.

After 24 hours, Agwu, who noted that June 1 was her sister’s birthday, lamented that her siblings were still in custody.

She stressed that her siblings’ rights were being abused by their unlawful detention.

She wrote, “At exactly this time 5 am yesterday while I was at the hospital running my Accident and Emergency shift and saving lives, the Nigerian army broke into my home, forced my 72-year-old father to sit in an unhealthy position while they took away my 15-year-old brother and sister.

“Till now my siblings have not been returned home. My family has been in panic and living in fear. The doors and gates were broken, no arrest warrant was shown, no official statement as to why they took my minor sibling or sister. This is not how justice is served!

“Children are experiencing something traumatic even to a grown adult. How will my siblings recover from this assault and abuse of their human rights?

Today, June 1, is my sister’s birthday and she’s in Army custody for a crime she knows nothing about. My sister is unproblematic. My family has no relation to the crisis going on in the country. We are law-abiding citizens and mind our business but here we are.”

She called on the state governor, Alex Otti, to come to her family’s rescue and save her siblings.

“It’s my sister’s birthday today! A very traumatic birthday indeed. She’s being held by the Nigerian army who, without intelligence information, moved around arresting innocent law-abiding citizens living around where the attack on soldiers happened,” she stated.

Like Agwu, many residents near Obikabia Junction in the Aba area have gone online to raise the alarm after soldiers allegedly raided their homes and picked up young people.

CleverNation claimed that his friend was taken away by soldiers who invaded his hotel room.

#clevernation23 wrote, “They took my friend who came to Aba to buy goods on Monday but had to lodge in a hotel. The military invaded the hotel and carried every occupant away.”

This move has caused public outrage as Nigerians condemned the invasion of homes and the arrest of innocent residents.

#Samdgreat01 wrote, “You see, this is my problem with how the Nigerian Army works. Terrorists and criminals attacked your men, and you go around without intelligence detaining innocent citizens. The real terrorists are still moving freely and can wreak havoc again. Families of innocent people will grieve while terrorists strike again. The cycle continues. Lawlessness.

Terrorists attacked you and went their way. You went around picking up people in the area indiscriminately, even as young as 15, to an unknown location. You’ll torture them, perhaps kill some; you’ve done it before. Real terrorists are still intact in their location. Conduct a proper investigation and gather intelligence to go after them. You’re not so different from the terrorists.”

Ike God called for a proper investigation to bring the real perpetrators to justice instead of unlawfully arresting innocent citizens.

He wrote, “I call on Alex Otti to interface with the @HQNigerianArmy Chief, Lt. Gen. Taoreed Lagbaja, to facilitate the immediate and unconditional release of all innocent and hapless Abia teenagers and youths abducted by rogue elements within the Nigerian Army on a reprisal attack.

“The investigation to fish out and prosecute the daredevil UGM or MOU who attacked the Army checkpoint in Obikabia Junction, Obingwa, Aba, is a matter for the IGP Kayode Egbetokun-led @PoliceNG. The Nigerian Army must quit flexing muscles with armless and harmless Nigerian citizens and go after real terrorists wreaking havoc across Nigeria. Dear HE @alexottiofr, kindly look into the abduction of hapless Abia teenagers, raised by #RoseAgwu254246.“

https://punchng.com/soldiers-invaded-my-home-took-away-my-sister-brother-abia-doctor/

80 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Soldiers Invaded My Home, Took Away My Sister, 15-year-old Brother- Abia Doctor by Noerection: 1:22pm On Jun 01
We warned you to be wary of Peter Obi’s supporters
What is the difference between IPOB terrorists and Peter Obi’s supporters to those quoting me?

See below Before election 👇🏾👇🏾👇🏾

mrvitalis:

Have you conducted any polls to define your position ?

Obi is the best candidate among the top contenders ...he is from Igbo , he would defend the interest of south South better than anyone

So tell me why should a south South person from rivers state vote Tinubu or Atiku ...after what APC did to ameachi or what PDP did to wike ?

So tell me on what basis should any rivers man vote Tinubu or Atiku

After election 👇🏾👇🏾👇🏾👇🏾
mrvitalis:

The only criminal are the Nigerian Army they mine, kill and steal from Igbos

Self determination is a fundamental right

114 Likes 15 Shares

Re: Soldiers Invaded My Home, Took Away My Sister, 15-year-old Brother- Abia Doctor by condensedmilk: 1:24pm On Jun 01
angry
Re: Soldiers Invaded My Home, Took Away My Sister, 15-year-old Brother- Abia Doctor by Kafirbigot: 1:25pm On Jun 01
Is this the useless retaliation?

Is this the retaliation..?

Are these the much advertised retaliations?

Beerfraud, even with this alternate moniker, I still perceive your ewedu pigsty odour from far... ..

We are still waiting for the retaliation...

Nonsense

89 Likes 12 Shares

Re: Soldiers Invaded My Home, Took Away My Sister, 15-year-old Brother- Abia Doctor by 0001Lagos: 1:27pm On Jun 01
Noerection:
We warned you to be wary of Peter Obi’s supporters
stop talking like a dunce

Obi this, Obi that, you no dey tire?

234 Likes 29 Shares

Re: Soldiers Invaded My Home, Took Away My Sister, 15-year-old Brother- Abia Doctor by OmotolaDeniro(f): 1:28pm On Jun 01
This is getting intense

1 Like

Re: Soldiers Invaded My Home, Took Away My Sister, 15-year-old Brother- Abia Doctor by swagana: 1:31pm On Jun 01
This is really bad and condemnable.The army shouldn't go about picking up minors from their homes.
IPOB una well done o.After sit at home and killing of soldiers what next?
IPOB should get out of Abia state.

34 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Soldiers Invaded My Home, Took Away My Sister, 15-year-old Brother- Abia Doctor by Ofunaofu: 1:40pm On Jun 01
It's quite unfortunate

2 Likes

Re: Soldiers Invaded My Home, Took Away My Sister, 15-year-old Brother- Abia Doctor by Ibst: 1:54pm On Jun 01
May God have mercy upon us

1 Like

Re: Soldiers Invaded My Home, Took Away My Sister, 15-year-old Brother- Abia Doctor by seborrhic: 1:56pm On Jun 01
Same modus operandi everytime and they think acts like this will tame ugm?

75 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Soldiers Invaded My Home, Took Away My Sister, 15-year-old Brother- Abia Doctor by muyico(m): 2:01pm On Jun 01
let me hears NA side??

3 Likes

Re: Soldiers Invaded My Home, Took Away My Sister, 15-year-old Brother- Abia Doctor by OhuDealer: 2:03pm On Jun 01
Nothing new.

IDF you lot support has been doing this to Palestinians since 1960s.

14 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Soldiers Invaded My Home, Took Away My Sister, 15-year-old Brother- Abia Doctor by swagana: 2:04pm On Jun 01
mrvitalis ngwanu go and rescue these little ones that has been kidnapped due to IPOB recklessness that you supported.

21 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Soldiers Invaded My Home, Took Away My Sister, 15-year-old Brother- Abia Doctor by OhuDealer: 2:06pm On Jun 01
swagana:
This is really bad and condemnable.The army shouldn't go about picking up minors from their homes.
IPOB una well done o.After sit at home and killing of soldiers what next?
IPOB should get out of Abia state.

I am enjoying this.

When I was warning them that celebrating the genocidal IDF and the brutal indiscriminate killings of Palestinians in the name of fighting Hamas will bring bad karma to them , they continued with their senseless cheer leading.

Collective punishment is now on the table courtesy of the IDF you so much worship.

Go to ICC and complain.

16 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Soldiers Invaded My Home, Took Away My Sister, 15-year-old Brother- Abia Doctor by Melagros(m): 2:10pm On Jun 01
COMRADES, I don't know why the army keeps making caricature of herself? You would not call for reinforcement during attacks until thereafter you'll start arresting civilians

59 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Soldiers Invaded My Home, Took Away My Sister, 15-year-old Brother- Abia Doctor by Noerection: 2:11pm On Jun 01
0001Lagos:

What is the difference between IPOB terrorists and Obidients

mrvitalis:

The only criminal are the Nigerian Army they mine, kill and steal from Igbos

Self determination is a fundamental right

mrvitalis:

Have you conducted any polls to define your position ?

Obi is the best candidate among the top contenders ...he is from Igbo , he would defend the interest of south South better than anyone

So tell me why should a south South person from rivers state vote Tinubu or Atiku ...after what APC did to ameachi or what PDP did to wike ?

So tell me on what basis should any rivers man vote Tinubu or Atiku

82 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Soldiers Invaded My Home, Took Away My Sister, 15-year-old Brother- Abia Doctor by Noerection: 2:12pm On Jun 01
Front page straight

78 Likes

Re: Soldiers Invaded My Home, Took Away My Sister, 15-year-old Brother- Abia Doctor by yyba: 2:14pm On Jun 01
Your brother and sister are criminals, this is very commendable from the army.

13 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Soldiers Invaded My Home, Took Away My Sister, 15-year-old Brother- Abia Doctor by yyba: 2:15pm On Jun 01
0001Lagos:

this is just the beginning nothing like tiredness

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Soldiers Invaded My Home, Took Away My Sister, 15-year-old Brother- Abia Doctor by yyba: 2:16pm On Jun 01
Ofunaofu:
It's quite unfortunate
that is very commendable from the army

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Soldiers Invaded My Home, Took Away My Sister, 15-year-old Brother- Abia Doctor by yyba: 2:17pm On Jun 01
Melagros:
COMRADES, I don't know why the army keeps making caricature of herself? You would not call for reinforcement during attacks until thereafter you'll start arresting civilians
the civilians are the real criminals. This is very commendable from the army

15 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Soldiers Invaded My Home, Took Away My Sister, 15-year-old Brother- Abia Doctor by Noerection: 2:18pm On Jun 01
Kafirbigot:
Is this the useless retaliation?

Is this the retaliation..?

Are these the much advertised retaliations?

Beerfraud, even with this alternate moniker, I still perceive your ewedu pigsty odour from far... ..

We are still waiting for the retaliation...

Nonsense
one step at a time

2 Likes

Re: Soldiers Invaded My Home, Took Away My Sister, 15-year-old Brother- Abia Doctor by TimeManager(m): 2:21pm On Jun 01
Lol, everybody is guilty until proven innocent. These are the so called innocent citizens that often give out information on targeted checking points to ipob terrorists, help them keep their weapons and open their doors to ipob to hide. I thought ipob have guns and are brave, why not come out and fight?

-Kiss the truth!

13 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Soldiers Invaded My Home, Took Away My Sister, 15-year-old Brother- Abia Doctor by Pennywise2: 2:28pm On Jun 01
I pity anyone shedding innocent blood army or civilian

2 Likes

Re: Soldiers Invaded My Home, Took Away My Sister, 15-year-old Brother- Abia Doctor by Bulldozer90: 2:32pm On Jun 01
Before it was army killing defenceless agitators .Now it's the armed militants killing soldiers. If the soldiers start target people and minors in their homes, the soldiers' families can be targeted too. They all live in Nigeria and things will always change as far as time runs.

21 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Soldiers Invaded My Home, Took Away My Sister, 15-year-old Brother- Abia Doctor by ScamHunter: 2:33pm On Jun 01
kestolove95, I noticed that you have deleted your rash comment. I also pray to the Lord God that the curses I place on you never happen to you. I pray that the Lord Jesus open your eyes and deliver you from hatred and darkness and cause you to have the light of life. You shall not die untimely. Amen.

kestolove95:
Go ND pick Dia corpse at aba river..

"Whosoever diggeth a pit shall fall into it and whosoever rolleth a stone, it shall come back to him." As you have wished another, so shall it be unto you. Amen. Your people shall pick your corpse from the nearest river to you at the moment.

35 Likes 9 Shares

Re: Soldiers Invaded My Home, Took Away My Sister, 15-year-old Brother- Abia Doctor by Fiscus105(m): 2:36pm On Jun 01
You haven't told us the full story, perhaps your 15 years old brother not reveal his true identity to you.

10 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Soldiers Invaded My Home, Took Away My Sister, 15-year-old Brother- Abia Doctor by whytediamond(m): 2:36pm On Jun 01
sad
Re: Soldiers Invaded My Home, Took Away My Sister, 15-year-old Brother- Abia Doctor by Praktikals(m): 2:37pm On Jun 01
grin

1 Like

Re: Soldiers Invaded My Home, Took Away My Sister, 15-year-old Brother- Abia Doctor by Ttipsy(f): 2:37pm On Jun 01
yyba:
Your brother and sister are criminals, this is very commendable from the army.
and you still want to share same country with pple u call Criminal??

Shameless man

45 Likes 5 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

It’s wrong to say results of presidential Poll were not transmitted - INEC Tech / South-east Presidency: Who Is Your Preferred Candidate?? / INEC Directs Sokoto REC, Dr Nura Ali, To Stay Away From Office

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.