Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,192,399 members, 7,947,674 topics. Date: Friday, 13 September 2024 at 06:38 AM

Ezekwesili: Aisha And Me Will Never Sing The New National Anthem - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ezekwesili: Aisha And Me Will Never Sing The New National Anthem (486 Views)

'Nigeria We Hail Thee' Not My National Anthem, Will Never Sing It - Ezekwesili / Buhari, Aisha And Children Celebrate Eid-El-Filtri In Aso Rock (Photos) / Reno Omokri: Why Didn't Aisha And Her Children Celebrate Buhari’s 76th Birthday? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ezekwesili: Aisha And Me Will Never Sing The New National Anthem by ganisucks(f): 4:40pm On Jun 01
Former Minister of Education, Obiageli Ezekwesili, has backed activist Aisha Yesufu’s stance against the new national anthem “Nigeria we hail thee.”

Ezekwesili vowed never to sing the new national anthem because President Bola Tinubu and the National Assembly breached the Nigerian constitution.

A video of Yesufu had surfaced online where she refused to recite the new national anthem.

Sharing the footage on social media, the activist wrote: “#NotMyNationalAnthem.”

Reacting, Ezekwesili vowed to continue singing the abolished version of the national anthem.

Posting on X, she wrote: “@AishaYesufu, Definitely #NotMyNationalAnthem as I already publicly conveyed.

“In my case, whenever and wherever the National Anthem is called for, I shall continue to sing #AriseOCompatriots as #MyNationalAnthem.

“The Lawmakers @nassnigeria and the @NGRPresident grievously breached the Constitutional provisions and process for amendment of legislation and therefore cannot foist another National Anthem on us.

“I refuse to join them in the Kangaroo Act of violating the Constitution.”

1 Like

Re: Ezekwesili: Aisha And Me Will Never Sing The New National Anthem by ganisucks(f): 4:40pm On Jun 01
Gbam! Nigeria has only one king, and his name is King Charles. Nigerians will never bend the knee to a Nazi sympathizer and not-a-member of the Royal family. All these secessionists should go and create their precious new country on the planet Nevertune. Nigerians are not TRAITORS. Capiche?!
Re: Ezekwesili: Aisha And Me Will Never Sing The New National Anthem by PresidObi: 4:40pm On Jun 01
That's a measured distraction from the criminals in power grin

They will continue throwing up irrelevant issues and people will be so occupied that 8 years will pass without anyone noticing, hunger and poverty can be endured when people are tearing themselves apart with the fuel being poured in by the government.

That's the strategy of a BAT

1 Like

Re: Ezekwesili: Aisha And Me Will Never Sing The New National Anthem by ganisucks(f): 4:45pm On Jun 01
PresidObi:
That's a measured distraction from the criminals in power grin

They will continue throwing up irrelevant issues and people will be so occupied that 8 years will pass without anyone noticing, hunger and poverty can be endured when people are tearing themselves apart with the fuel being poured in by the government.

That's the strategy of BAT
Don't be deceived. He has no strategy. He's just walking around blind. Four years, and he leaves.

1 Like

Re: Ezekwesili: Aisha And Me Will Never Sing The New National Anthem by illicit(m): 4:47pm On Jun 01
So what?

Heavens gonna fall?

🥵

3 Likes

Re: Ezekwesili: Aisha And Me Will Never Sing The New National Anthem by nwaimkper: 4:48pm On Jun 01
I'm not singing it likewise I don't care

1 Like

Re: Ezekwesili: Aisha And Me Will Never Sing The New National Anthem by SoNature(m): 4:49pm On Jun 01
Introducing a new national anthem was dumb, to say the least.

1 Like

Re: Ezekwesili: Aisha And Me Will Never Sing The New National Anthem by Raskimonojendor: 4:49pm On Jun 01
Dumb (Aishatu) and Dumber (Obby).
Misery loves company grin

10 Likes

Re: Ezekwesili: Aisha And Me Will Never Sing The New National Anthem by G0odharddick: 4:54pm On Jun 01
How tinubu fans are celebrating the new national anthem is a mystery.

Come on, there are more pressing issues to tackle in this country but some idiots are celebrating the new anthem?

Is it the new anthem the masses will eat?

I am very sure some idiots will quote me now and say everyone should go and farm as though we were all farming during GEM era!

APC and tinubu supporters are fools

1 Like

Re: Ezekwesili: Aisha And Me Will Never Sing The New National Anthem by Nzogbu2012: 4:56pm On Jun 01
During the biafran civil war. Ojukwu attacks Midwest region. After conquering the Midwest. He appointed Nwazu Okonkwo as their governor. The Biafrans soldiers subjected midwesterners to brutal military rule. Killed their men & raped their women. Ojukwu also looted Central Bank of Nigeria in Benin

He wasn't satisfied so he moved to Ore. He killed Yoruba people. The action forced the Yoruba leaders to involved in the war. That's where this man came up with Yoruba army that defeated Ojukwu. Ojukwu was initially winning the war until he brought the war to Yoruba land. This man here is the one that defeated Ojukwu before he ran away.

8 Likes

Re: Ezekwesili: Aisha And Me Will Never Sing The New National Anthem by yyba: 5:06pm On Jun 01
Is like oby ezekwesili think she is important in Nigeria oo mumu woman you are nobody

1 Like

Re: Ezekwesili: Aisha And Me Will Never Sing The New National Anthem by 11Monkeys: 5:11pm On Jun 01
Are you expecting these two animals to lead you to the promised land? grin grin

1 Like

Re: Ezekwesili: Aisha And Me Will Never Sing The New National Anthem by Jostoman: 5:15pm On Jun 01
Waiting concern me with new national anthem .
Re: Ezekwesili: Aisha And Me Will Never Sing The New National Anthem by Jostoman: 5:18pm On Jun 01
Waiting concern me with new national anthem . Misplace priority government.
Re: Ezekwesili: Aisha And Me Will Never Sing The New National Anthem by Jostoman: 5:20pm On Jun 01
Up on all the problems nigerians are facing now na national anthem them carry for head like gala.
Re: Ezekwesili: Aisha And Me Will Never Sing The New National Anthem by EmperorCaesar(m): 5:35pm On Jun 01
Igbos like to unite with others in rebellion against greatness

So yea ..I expected this from day1

1 Like

Re: Ezekwesili: Aisha And Me Will Never Sing The New National Anthem by blacknp(m): 5:49pm On Jun 01
G0odharddick:
How tinubu fans are celebrating the new national anthem is a mystery.

Come on, there are more pressing issues to tackle in this country but some idiots are celebrating the new anthem?

Is it the new anthem the masses will eat?

I am very sure some idiots will quote me now and say everyone should go and farm as though we were all farming during GEM era!

APC and tinubu supporters are fools
Just like yourself no doubts whatsoever, or please, how does one differentiate u from them, some of you supporters carry the broom, whilst others carry the umbrella?
Re: Ezekwesili: Aisha And Me Will Never Sing The New National Anthem by ElSudani: 5:51pm On Jun 01
I still wonder how Ezekwesili became a minister. That woman is a hardcore Biafran.
Two angry and equally ugly hags.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Ezekwesili: Aisha And Me Will Never Sing The New National Anthem by Thegamingorca(m): 5:51pm On Jun 01
ganisucks:
Gbam! Nigeria has only one king, and his name is King Charles. Nigerians will never bend the knee to a Nazi sympathizer and not-a-member of the Royal family. All these secessionists should go and create their precious new country on the planet Nevertune. Nigerians are not TRAITORS. Capiche?!

You no dey tire?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Ezekwesili: Aisha And Me Will Never Sing The New National Anthem by blacknp(m): 5:52pm On Jun 01
ElSudani:
I still wonder how Ezekwesili became a minister. That woman is a hardcore Biafran.
Obasanjo na Igbo, unconfirmed rumor, no smoke without fire.
Re: Ezekwesili: Aisha And Me Will Never Sing The New National Anthem by ElSudani: 5:53pm On Jun 01
blacknp:
Obasanjo na Igbo.

Who knows.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Ezekwesili: Aisha And Me Will Never Sing The New National Anthem by TimeManager(m): 6:00pm On Jun 01
One thousands Ezekwesilly are inconsequential.
-Kiss the truth!
Re: Ezekwesili: Aisha And Me Will Never Sing The New National Anthem by AcadaWriter: 8:16pm On Jun 01
So what?Heavens gonna fall?🥵
Re: Ezekwesili: Aisha And Me Will Never Sing The New National Anthem by SensetionalGoal(m): 8:20pm On Jun 01
ganisucks:

Why are you always off point...
Read what you wrote up there and see how stupid you sound.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ezekwesili: Aisha And Me Will Never Sing The New National Anthem by Splashme: 8:33pm On Jun 01
And me too ... I will never sing the new National Anthem

Besides, a thief will never be my president too.
Re: Ezekwesili: Aisha And Me Will Never Sing The New National Anthem by yommen: 9:13pm On Jun 01
Small time, her people will chest beat about dead and buried biafuro. Here she is masturbating over a national song while keeping mute over insecurity imposed on her people by themselves.
Re: Ezekwesili: Aisha And Me Will Never Sing The New National Anthem by Nzogbu2012: 10:31pm On Jun 01
Attention seeker

They should never spend Nigeria money again because Tinubu is the president.....

Idiot

(1) (Reply)

APC / Share Your Opinion:what Do You Think Atiku Or Obi Would Have Done Differently? / Hate Him All You Can, But Tinubu Has Displayed Rare Democratic Ideals

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.