Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,008 members, 7,880,159 topics. Date: Thursday, 04 July 2024 at 01:19 PM

Chioma Okoli Released On Bail (Photos) - Food - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / Chioma Okoli Released On Bail (Photos) (40010 Views)

Chioma Okoli: Court Remands Erisco Tomato Paste Reviewer In Prison Over Comment / Police Place Chioma Okoli On Watchlist Over Erisco Product Review / Erisco Foods Arrests Chioma Egodi For Saying There Is Too Much Sugar In Tomato (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Chioma Okoli Released On Bail (Photos) by nlfpmod: 9:29pm On Jun 01
We perfected the bail of Chioma Okoli yesterday, and also successfully secured her release from the Medium Security Custodial Centre in Suleja, Niger State where she was remanded on Tuesday after her arraignment at the Federal High Court in Abuja.

She has since reunited with her family and is recuperating and will be seeking proper medical care.

Chioma is grateful to Nigerians who have supported her materially and otherwise.

This case further demonstrates that there are people of conscience and goodwill who would not hesitate to commit their energies, resources and voices in pursuit of the course of justice and in defence of the oppressed.

Some people have helped Chioma in ways that are simply profound and humbling; we are eternally gratefully to everyone of them.

Thank you.

History will vindicate the just.

Inibehe Effiong

30 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Chioma Okoli Released On Bail (Photos) by immortalcrown(m): 9:32pm On Jun 01
Sentiment rules Nigeria. That is why majority of Nigerians condemn the action ERISCO Foods takes against the lady. Most nigerians place emotions above facts. The best way to handle the case is for the public to send apologies to the brand and assure the brand that its product will not be boycotted. You cannot save the lady by threatening the company. If you keep threatening the company, the company will choose to die as a hero than dying as a coward.

A defamation is not a review. Defamation is lying against a person or thing. Chioma lied that ERISCO tomato paste kills people. A review is saying the truth about a person or thing, whether the truth is sweet or not. Chioma is not being punished for her review of the paste. She is being punished for her defamation of the paste. The brand first asked her to withdraw her defamatory statement and apologise, she refused. The brand then sued her and she failed to prove her claim in court. Why are you blaming the brand? Does she own the world? She should either admit that she lied or prove that she said the truth.

Right from the moment the lady defamed the product, sentimentalists quickly began to beat drums of boycott against the product. According to ERISCO, the demand for the defamed product sharply dropped following the defamation. But sentimentalists now claim that the defamation would not have affected the brand. They claim that what will affect the brand is the action being taken against the lady. So, the brand should have waited to fold up before challenging the defamation? Before you judge a person, put yourself in his or her shoes.

The lady lied against the product by claiming it kills people. Who will keep quiet when accused of killing people? Who? If you condemn ERISCO Foods but cannot keep quiet when you are accused of murder, you are nothing but a hypocrite.

I would have condemned the action of ERISCO Foods if the lady tendered a sincere apology and the public joined her to ask the brand for forgiveness. The same public that the brand's survival depends on believes the lady's claim about the product and threatens to boycott the product. So, the company is trying to save its reputation.

I know she had miscarriage while in police custody, and it saddens me. But we should also know that many workers in ERISCO Foods may loose their jobs and die of hunger because of her defamation. Are you saying it is right for her to try to kill people but it is wrong for the people to try to defend themselves? ERISCO Foods didn't get her arrested to cause her the miscarriage. ERISCO Foods got her arrested for the sake of justice. The miscarriage is a coincidence, not a deliberate action.

She said the paste contains Sugar. It is true, and the company never said otherwise. On the body of the paste, Sugar is listed as one of the ingredients in the paste. But the sentimentalists quickly joined her to cry that the company is deadly for putting Sugar in the paste. They implied that the company has been deceiving the public. How? Does the company hide the fact that the product contains Sugar? If not that you are stupid, you would have checked the ingredients in the paste before displaying your stupidity.

The company explained that the paste is a multipurpose one that can substitute butter for bread. I saw some comments saying that such paste is being consumed for the same purpose in some Western countries. So, ignorance landed the lady and her fans into this mess. Who does a review without a thorough research?

299 Likes 29 Shares

Re: Chioma Okoli Released On Bail (Photos) by meum: 9:32pm On Jun 01
I say it again EFL would have used this negative PR well.

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Chioma Okoli Released On Bail (Photos) by vengertime: 9:37pm On Jun 01
I won't lie, my cousin and I saw that Erisco tomato paste in a super market and we bought some to see if this lady was being serious with her review or being mischievous.

My honest review is that the sugar content was intense, which I'm not even bothered about because Gino and Tastytom also has sugar in them when you taste them raw.

However, the tomato paste when Cooked for jollof rice it taste like burnt rubber or plastic. The taste was horrible. It's not something I could use twice.

Thank God I didn't review it on Facebook or Instagram. Because that man don't take criticism

111 Likes 10 Shares

Re: Chioma Okoli Released On Bail (Photos) by dibunotion(m): 9:37pm On Jun 01
Understand that social media is not another world. You are accountable to your words

56 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Chioma Okoli Released On Bail (Photos) by Biglittlelois(f): 9:37pm On Jun 01
Where exactly is it in the law or constitution that explicitly states that public criticism of a product is illegal or attracts jail time?

Can only happen in a banana Republic where freedom of speech is not guaranteed.

30 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Chioma Okoli Released On Bail (Photos) by immortalcrown(m): 9:37pm On Jun 01
meum:
I say it again EFL would have used this negative PR well.
How? Educate me, please.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Chioma Okoli Released On Bail (Photos) by Alamkir: 9:37pm On Jun 01
Go into the world and sin no more

1 Like

Re: Chioma Okoli Released On Bail (Photos) by Niyonice(m): 9:37pm On Jun 01
It is well. This thing no suppose go this far, na something just normal online apology should have solved.

I get L-shape chair +a sitter for sale at Monatan, Ibadan. Check signature for contact.

3 Likes

Re: Chioma Okoli Released On Bail (Photos) by ecomalchemistt(m): 9:38pm On Jun 01
Ok
Re: Chioma Okoli Released On Bail (Photos) by Front0lane: 9:38pm On Jun 01
For her foolish life if she hear Erisco she go take off like bullet train

41 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Chioma Okoli Released On Bail (Photos) by TheDemola: 9:38pm On Jun 01
Well done. Shame on Erisco

16 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Chioma Okoli Released On Bail (Photos) by Ohraykon: 9:38pm On Jun 01
Chai we should be careful on social media o, no talk anyhow again o

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: Chioma Okoli Released On Bail (Photos) by Nonny95: 9:38pm On Jun 01
Obidients 1. Umu ekwensu 0

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Chioma Okoli Released On Bail (Photos) by Ayo25: 9:39pm On Jun 01
When I listen to Nigerians complain about anyhowness in the country at times, I will just laugh. We all created the kind of country we have. Nigerians are not consistent and logical in their analysis of any issue. They are moved more by emotions.
immortalcrown:
Sentiment rules Nigeria. That is why majority of Nigerians condemn the action ERISCO Foods takes against the lady. Most nigerians place emotions above facts. The best way to handle the case is for the public to send apologies to the brand and assure the brand that its product will not be boycotted. You cannot save the lady by threatening the company. If you keep threatening the company, the company will choose to die as a hero than dying as a coward.

Right from the moment the lady defamed the product, sentimentalists quickly began to beat drums of boycott against the product. According to ERISCO, the demand for the defamed product sharply dropped following the defamation. But sentimentalists now claim that the defamation would not have affected the brand. They claim that what will affect the brand is the action being taken against the lady. So, the brand should have waited to fold up before challenging the defamation? Before you judge a person, put yourself in his or her shoes.

The lady lied against the product by claiming it kills people. Who will keep quiet when accused of killing people? Who? If you condemn ERISCO Foods but cannot keep quiet when you are accused of murder, you are nothing but a hypocrite.

I would have condemned ERISCO Foods if the lady tendered a sincere apology and the public joined her to ask the brand forgiveness. The same public that the brand's survival depends on believes the lady's claim about the product and threatens to boycott the product. So, the company is trying to save its reputation.

I know she had miscarriage while in police custody, and it saddens me. But we should also know that many workers in ERISCO Foods may loose their jobs and die of hunger because of her defamation. Are you saying it is right for her to try to kill people but it is wrong for the people to try to defend themselves? ERISCO Foods didn't get her arrested to cause her the miscarriage. ERISCO Foods put got her arrested for the sake of justice. The miscarriage is a coincidence, not a deliberate action.

She said the paste contains Sugar. It is true, and the company never said otherwise. On the body of the paste, Sugar is listed as one of the ingredients in the paste. But the sentimentalists quickly joined her to cry that the company is deadly for putting Sugar in the paste. They implied that the company has been deceiving the public. How? Does the company hide the fact that the product contains Sugar? If not that you are stupid, you would have checked the ingredients in the paste before displaying your stupidity.

The company explained that the paste is a multipurpose one that can substitute butter for bread. I saw some comments saying that such paste is being consumed for the same purpose in some Western countries. So, ignorance landed the lady and her fans into this mess. Who does a review without a thorough research?

78 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Chioma Okoli Released On Bail (Photos) by TechCapon(m): 9:39pm On Jun 01
angry
Erisco will soon arrest her again
Re: Chioma Okoli Released On Bail (Photos) by WorkBank: 9:40pm On Jun 01
immortalcrown:

I would have condemned ERISCO Foods if the lady tendered a sincere apology and the public joined her to ask the brand forgiveness. The same public that the brand's survival depends on believes the lady's claim about the product and threatens to boycott the product. So, the company is trying to save its reputation.

I know she had miscarriage while in police custody, and it saddens me. But we should also know that many workers in ERISCO Foods may loose their jobs and die of hunger because of her defamation. Are you saying it is right for her to try to kill people but it is wrong for the people to try to defend themselves? ERISCO Foods didn't get her arrested to cause her the miscarriage. ERISCO Foods put got her arrested for the sake of justice. The miscarriage is a coincidence, not a deliberate action.

E no go better for you n your generation with this useless epistle.

47 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Chioma Okoli Released On Bail (Photos) by LDaVinci: 9:40pm On Jun 01
immortalcrown:

You dont deserve freedom.

42 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Chioma Okoli Released On Bail (Photos) by thatigboman: 9:40pm On Jun 01
immortalcrown:

many are mad

85 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Chioma Okoli Released On Bail (Photos) by immortalcrown(m): 9:40pm On Jun 01
WorkBank:
E no go better for you n your generation with this useless epistle.
This shall be your condition until you point out any falsehood or injustice in my comment.

61 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Chioma Okoli Released On Bail (Photos) by Wizpa(m): 9:40pm On Jun 01

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Chioma Okoli Released On Bail (Photos) by Asquare84(m): 9:41pm On Jun 01
Justice need to be served to serve as a deterent to others who think they can use social media to talk anyhow.

31 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Chioma Okoli Released On Bail (Photos) by immortalcrown(m): 9:42pm On Jun 01
thatigboman:
many are mad
You are a good example.

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Chioma Okoli Released On Bail (Photos) by chipet67(m): 9:42pm On Jun 01
Nonny95:
Obidients 1. Umu ekwensu 0
Sometimes you guys make us to celebrate the defeat of PO.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Chioma Okoli Released On Bail (Photos) by namqul(m): 9:42pm On Jun 01
That lady is very wrong in everything.

30 Likes 1 Share

Re: Chioma Okoli Released On Bail (Photos) by Wizpa(m): 9:42pm On Jun 01
Biglittlelois:
Where exactly is it in the law or constitution that explicitly states that public criticism of a product is illegal or attracts jail time?

Can only happen in a banana Republic where freedom of speech is not guaranteed.

Oya, go try am if e sure for you grin

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Chioma Okoli Released On Bail (Photos) by TheDemola: 9:42pm On Jun 01
immortalcrown:

So you think the path the company is towing is what will now save it? What happens if the case ends up, not favoring to the company?

20 Likes 1 Share

Re: Chioma Okoli Released On Bail (Photos) by omooba05: 9:43pm On Jun 01
It is well
Re: Chioma Okoli Released On Bail (Photos) by immortalcrown(m): 9:43pm On Jun 01
TheDemola:
So you think the path the company is towing is what will now save it? What happens if the case ends up, not favoring to the company?
What would have happened if the company didn't challenge the lady in court?

14 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Chioma Okoli Released On Bail (Photos) by Benwallt(m): 9:44pm On Jun 01
Chioma must go to jail. She must regurgitate n vomit every obidunse morsel she's swallowed. She must purged

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Chioma Okoli Released On Bail (Photos) by Carazon: 9:44pm On Jun 01
The oppressor here is the lady that wants to kill another person's business using review as a cover.
Erisco is only trying to prove to the public that his product is not ki***ing anybody as the lady alleged. QED

40 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Chioma Okoli Released On Bail (Photos) by AkumTemi: 9:44pm On Jun 01
nlfpmod:

Inibehe Effiong

No history will vindicate you, she went off track by posting that rubbish on Facebook, thinking it will increase followership on her page, people should learn to be responsible with what they post. She brought it upon herself and should have learnt her lessons.

37 Likes 3 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply)

Can You Eat These Halloween Themed Cupcakes? (pics) / Is This A Vulture Meat / Picture Of Giant Rat I Killed In My Farm

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 96
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.