Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,047 members, 7,880,275 topics. Date: Thursday, 04 July 2024 at 03:23 PM

Chioma Okoli Released On Bail (Photos) - Food (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / Chioma Okoli Released On Bail (Photos) (40012 Views)

Chioma Okoli: Court Remands Erisco Tomato Paste Reviewer In Prison Over Comment / Police Place Chioma Okoli On Watchlist Over Erisco Product Review / Erisco Foods Arrests Chioma Egodi For Saying There Is Too Much Sugar In Tomato (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Chioma Okoli Released On Bail (Photos) by assholemods: 5:23am On Jun 02
Rebelutionary:

I gave the person a link to read and shut up. You will get sued if you make unfounded allegations in the name of reviews in those "saner climes".
The scanner clime crew.
Re: Chioma Okoli Released On Bail (Photos) by Macmilla(m): 5:26am On Jun 02
Demayour:

But then, the question still remains.

If the woman is as powerful and influential, would she have been treated as such? Taking the person to court is one thing, locking up someone when they've not been declared guilty for a very long time is another thing.

Is thus how democracy works in the country we copy it from or aren't we practicing aristocracy in disguise?
I guess you didn't hear that the senseless girl was told to apologize to end the matter. She did and was set free, but after release, she went back to say the apology she gave was fake and was under duress. She was obviously rearrested and the mumu probably couldn't meet her bail requirements. Influential or not, if you do anyhow, you see anyhow. Go and ask Ekweremadu.

3 Likes

Re: Chioma Okoli Released On Bail (Photos) by Macmilla(m): 5:28am On Jun 02
luminouz:

Jesus...so you don't see the logic in that guy's posts?

Many men on NL are NPCs
My brother, I've given up on trying to talk sense into some people. It will never work. You just can't reason with most Nigerians.
Re: Chioma Okoli Released On Bail (Photos) by Macmilla(m): 5:36am On Jun 02
Babalegba:
Lol, you vexed write that long thesis. Fact of the matter is that people like me are supporting her because of the bullying she faced from erisco.
She was wrong initially but for erisco to set the IGP on her has got to count as bullying. It's time nigerians tell all these rich people that impunity has to stop.

You obviously didn't hear that they gave her opportunity to simply apologize publicly and try to correct the damage she has done. But what did she do? She apologized, but once she was released she twitted that the she was forced to do the apology and that people shouldn't mind the apology. She actually claimed she was being bullied when Erisco and the police were just trying to settle things peacefully. She was obviously rearrested and the mumu probably couldn't meet her bail requirements.
So she was actually the one that tried to bully Erisco and was so stupid she didn't know when to stop. Now she is out, I hope she has learnt some lessons.

2 Likes

Re: Chioma Okoli Released On Bail (Photos) by Macmilla(m): 5:38am On Jun 02
PHIPEX:
Pls tell us the basis the Miyyeti Allah leader was discharged? On what basis were those repentant Boko Haram suspects discharged?

A bully always has a reason why he bullies people. Erisco is just a bully. Do you know how many times he called Nigeria Banks "killers"? Should CBN have arrested him?
You obviously don't know how the law works. All you know is sentiments and emotions.
Re: Chioma Okoli Released On Bail (Photos) by Macmilla(m): 5:40am On Jun 02
meum:

I’ve said it a couple of times in my previous posts.
Na PR expert work. If you don’t know forgerabourit.

It might interest you to know this same man fighting this woman demarketed other brands(without mentioning their names) on live TV. He said they add sugar/corn starch/additives while his brand is 100% pure tomatoes without additives. That was that period when he used to wear ankara suits to promote Naija. 2013/2014 or so. I can still remember those interviews because I watched them.
The bold part makes all the difference. Can't you see? Jeez!

2 Likes

Re: Chioma Okoli Released On Bail (Photos) by okoroemeka(m): 5:40am On Jun 02
namqul:
That lady is very wrong in everything.
she refuse to retract and tender an apology online,that is why the case was blown out of proportion,she only wrote a letter of apology but the company demanded it to be on same platform she used to defame them and she refused,if you are the business owner what option else do you have?

3 Likes

Re: Chioma Okoli Released On Bail (Photos) by Macmilla(m): 5:42am On Jun 02
cnonyechi:

All this long story is for nothing, we no buy again. Nobody would have boycotted the product cos of Chioma's reviews, it's a review for crying out loud, people boycotted and are boycotting cos of the proud and inhuman actions of the md of the company. When I heard him speak and vow I knew naaa, I no fit chop him product.
Main market no know say one person no come market.

2 Likes

Re: Chioma Okoli Released On Bail (Photos) by Macmilla(m): 5:47am On Jun 02
Biglittlelois:

Chioma said it had too much sugar not killing people, don't quote me saying nonsense next time.
Madam, don't tell me you came here to comment without knowing what you are commenting on? Shoo? Please ask questions before you comment. She said the tomato had too much sugar. I'm sure we wouldn't be talking about it if she stopped there. But the mumu woman subsequently added in her comment section that it is killing people. When someone challenged her serious accusation, she simply said to the person "wait till e kpai you" (wait till it kills you). But she can't provide even one person the tomato killed or was suspected to have killed. The police told her to apologize, she refused. When she later apologized, she was released, but she immediately twitted that the apology was under duress and should be ignored. That's when Erisco decided to bring the hammer.

4 Likes

Re: Chioma Okoli Released On Bail (Photos) by lagosrd: 5:57am On Jun 02
immortalcrown:
Sentiment rules Nigeria. That is why majority of Nigerians condemn the action ERISCO Foods takes against the lady. Most nigerians place emotions above facts. The best way to handle the case is for the public to send apologies to the brand and assure the brand that its product will not be boycotted. You cannot save the lady by threatening the company. If you keep threatening the company, the company will choose to die as a hero than dying as a coward.

Right from the moment the lady defamed the product, sentimentalists quickly began to beat drums of boycott against the product. According to ERISCO, the demand for the defamed product sharply dropped following the defamation. But sentimentalists now claim that the defamation would not have affected the brand. They claim that what will affect the brand is the action being taken against the lady. So, the brand should have waited to fold up before challenging the defamation? Before you judge a person, put yourself in his or her shoes.

The lady lied against the product by claiming it kills people. Who will keep quiet when accused of killing people? Who? If you condemn ERISCO Foods but cannot keep quiet when you are accused of murder, you are nothing but a hypocrite.

I would have condemned the action of ERISCO Foods if the lady tendered a sincere apology and the public joined her to ask the brand for forgiveness. The same public that the brand's survival depends on believes the lady's claim about the product and threatens to boycott the product. So, the company is trying to save its reputation.

I know she had miscarriage while in police custody, and it saddens me. But we should also know that many workers in ERISCO Foods may loose their jobs and die of hunger because of her defamation. Are you saying it is right for her to try to kill people but it is wrong for the people to try to defend themselves? ERISCO Foods didn't get her arrested to cause her the miscarriage. ERISCO Foods got her arrested for the sake of justice. The miscarriage is a coincidence, not a deliberate action.

She said the paste contains Sugar. It is true, and the company never said otherwise. On the body of the paste, Sugar is listed as one of the ingredients in the paste. But the sentimentalists quickly joined her to cry that the company is deadly for putting Sugar in the paste. They implied that the company has been deceiving the public. How? Does the company hide the fact that the product contains Sugar? If not that you are stupid, you would have checked the ingredients in the paste before displaying your stupidity.

The company explained that the paste is a multipurpose one that can substitute butter for bread. I saw some comments saying that such paste is being consumed for the same purpose in some Western countries. So, ignorance landed the lady and her fans into this mess. Who does a review without a thorough research?

Everything you write here is not uo to reasons why she should be in jail simple. How many people have been sent to jail in the advanced country because of bad product review? Either sentiments or no sentiment, emotions or no emotions. An eye for an eye makes everyone blind .

No one is above mistakes and there is always a bigger brother shield and human face to everything in life. What is the gain in keep a nursing mother in jail. What will come out of it other than apology and sentence? Will she be killed there ? This is not a good omen at all.

How many bad reviews do you think coca cola receives everyday, and how many people have been sent to jail because of that . They should have called here explain to her , make her make public apologies and move on. Simple

1 Like

Re: Chioma Okoli Released On Bail (Photos) by Macmilla(m): 6:10am On Jun 02
1Sharon:

It's funny how you have the gall to bring up sentiments when that's exactly what you did in your first paragraph. Do you think there is any business on earth that doesn't have negative reviews? Do you think any business is above criticism? Is Erisco God that cannot be blasphemed?

What do you this is?

Chioma didn't defame anything. Her comment that the product was "killing people" was simply an exaggeration and figure of speech. You guys know this but want to be mischievous and obtuse.

Travel to a working country. REFUNDS and DISCOUNTS are given for negative reviews. Nobody goes to prison.

Travel to an advanced country and experience sanity.
Na waa o. Madam can you just stop? Figure of speech again? Haba!
I don't know if you are married, but imagine you are married and I go to your husband and tell him that you have been sleeping around with several men in your community. I also went and publicized it to the community that you are a married prostitute. And when you confront me, I ask you why are you complaining, that it is just a figure of speech. I guess you will give me a high five, right?

2 Likes

Re: Chioma Okoli Released On Bail (Photos) by wealthyvic1: 6:16am On Jun 02
[quote author=Front0lane post=130259279] For her foolish life if she hear Erisco she go take off like bullet train [

Mumu keep your dirty mouth shut
Re: Chioma Okoli Released On Bail (Photos) by Macmilla(m): 6:21am On Jun 02
femi4:
Most of you are educated illiterate. You have data, go to YouTube and see divers reviews of youtubers with thousands of followers
Please show me ONE YouTube review, just one, that said a product is killing people when the the product has killed absolutely no one.
Note: saying a product "can kill people", is completely different from "it kills people". If you don't know the difference, go back to primary school.

2 Likes

Re: Chioma Okoli Released On Bail (Photos) by Macmilla(m): 6:26am On Jun 02
Carazon:

The saner climes is only in the imagination. Most of them have not travel outside their states while majority of them don't even know road to their state capitals
The thing taya me o. Saner climes where defamation doesn't exist? Saner climes where you are free to give false accusations with no repercussions? Chai!
Re: Chioma Okoli Released On Bail (Photos) by xeju: 6:34am On Jun 02
Whilst I don't endorse the company's way of seeking justice, I would mention that claiming a product is killing people without credible evidence isn't a reasonable review.
nlfpmod:

Inibehe Effiong
Re: Chioma Okoli Released On Bail (Photos) by Front0lane: 6:36am On Jun 02
Erisoc suppose add you join her make the two of you go rest your foolish mouth for prison like 2 years each

[quote author=wealthyvic1 post=130262827][/quote]
Re: Chioma Okoli Released On Bail (Photos) by Macmilla(m): 6:47am On Jun 02
Rebelutionary:
Erisco opened his business to play right? He doesn't mean business? I thought they were sharing Discounts Codes and Free Vouchers for just any Negative and Nigeria is a banana republic? Mtscheww.

Oh it is now exaggeration plus figure of speech abi? That's why she's in court, she will prove that it was exaggeration and educate the judge about figure of speech.

If you followed this case, Chioma pushed her luck too far! She was giving the opportunity to recant this before it got to court but mbanu just like many Nigerians talk anyhow because they believe "freedom of speech" doesn't have limits. Now she will educated on the difference between a Review and an Allegation!
Seriously, the way some dumbfvcks jump into an issue without any background information and start whipping out sentiments is just irritating. Nigerians really do talk anyhow.

1 Like

Re: Chioma Okoli Released On Bail (Photos) by Macmilla(m): 6:49am On Jun 02
immortalcrown:
You are the abuser of human rights. You are the brutal one. Otherwise, point out any falsehood or injustice in my comment.
No they will not. They just want you to confirm to their sentimental bullcrap. A lot of nigerians are just annoyingly silly.
Re: Chioma Okoli Released On Bail (Photos) by Macmilla(m): 7:00am On Jun 02
Tonididdyx:

You've being running your mouth all day like your brain is on hire.
You wrote all that nonsense to justify why the lady deserve what she got.
But you failed to see the elephant in the room, which is, erisco created the awareness to all of this, it could have died a silent death but NO, the company has alerted nigerians to 1001 reasons why it's product should be boycotted.

I for one won't see gino in the market and now but erisco Abe aricso, when I'm not mad!
And you forget that in marketing every publicity can be good publicity. All you that claim to be professional PR agents know absolutely nothing about PR.
Let's take a simple example. Do you know the number of people who never knew about Erisco before this saga, but now know about them? Do you know the number of people that will want to get and taste their product just to know if it is actually that bad? My dear do you know what that it? SALES. Do you know how many of them will taste it and say "this product is actually good"? Do you know how many of them that will continue using it after it passed their taste test? I personally have been looking for the product to buy. So if you think people are boycotting the product, de play. If you are waiting for when Erisco will fold up, de play. Every single thing about this whole story is playing in favor of Erisco. All they need to do is make sure their product is above average.

1 Like

Re: Chioma Okoli Released On Bail (Photos) by michlins(m): 7:08am On Jun 02
cnonyechi:

All this long story is for nothing, we no buy again. Nobody would have boycotted the product cos of Chioma's reviews, it's a review for crying out loud, people boycotted and are boycotting cos of the proud and inhuman actions of the md of the company. When I heard him speak and vow I knew naaa, I no fit chop him product.
I don't know where you people keep your sense when talking honestly.

I hope someone accuses you of murder and the public joins in condemning you. Then I will see how you would react to it

If you don't buy, you're infinitesimal in the grand scheme of things

2 Likes

Re: Chioma Okoli Released On Bail (Photos) by Macmilla(m): 7:11am On Jun 02
1Sharon:

😂😂

IYKYK!

Illiterate. Pls show me where somebody has been thrown in jail for giving a negative review.Especially while pregnant.

Olodo. Shey na US you dey ni?? You wan be superstar.
Please why are you mentioning pregnancy like it is some get-out-of-jail free card? Are you saying you have not seen pregnant women sent to jail? Are you saying that pregnancy stops people from being sent to jail? You are really not making sense.
And when will you learn the difference between negative reviews and defamation/false accusation?
Re: Chioma Okoli Released On Bail (Photos) by Macmilla(m): 7:15am On Jun 02
Beverlyjean:

If she said all she said without mentioning erasco ...she would not be in trouble... she was specific, and it landed her I trouble... if erasco mentioned names of brands, he would have been in hot soup
Why is this difficult for people to understand?
Re: Chioma Okoli Released On Bail (Photos) by immortalcrown(m): 7:18am On Jun 02
lagosrd:
Everything you write here is not uo to reasons why she should be in jail simple. How many people have been sent to jail in the advanced country because of bad product review? Either sentiments or no sentiment, emotions or no emotions. An eye for an eye makes everyone blind .

No one is above mistakes and there is always a bigger brother shield and human face to everything in life. What is the gain in keep a nursing mother in jail. What will come out of it other than apology and sentence? Will she be killed there ? This is not a good omen at all.

How many bad reviews do you think coca cola receives everyday, and how many people have been sent to jail because of that . They should have called here explain to her , make her make public apologies and move on. Simple
Ignorance is your problem. That is why you do not know that a review is different from a defamation.
Re: Chioma Okoli Released On Bail (Photos) by immortalcrown(m): 7:21am On Jun 02
Kaa4:
You're simply paid for the epistle. How come you are the first to respond and comment in a long missiv. Erisco has more damage to itself than whatever the lady had not intended. The company must have been in trouble before the review.

Instead of Erisco contacting NAFDAC to do a damage control, it went after a helpless minion. The company has lost. I am sorry if I see the product I will not buy it.
You are indirectly telling the public that the only time you say the truth is when you are paid. You speak without thinking and without making enquiries. That is why you do not know that even NAFDAC has tested the product in reaction to the girl's definition.
Re: Chioma Okoli Released On Bail (Photos) by immortalcrown(m): 7:22am On Jun 02
Tonididdyx:
Immortalclown
Beta take down that gibberish you call a post, in years to come your children will read it and be ashamed of you
You just predicted your ugly future.
Re: Chioma Okoli Released On Bail (Photos) by Macmilla(m): 7:23am On Jun 02
Beverlyjean:

Now can u shut up ... and I never said I live in Yankee...u have a defect with comprehension...not surprised
I hope all these "saner climes" will now shut up. Ndi negative PR where una dey? Silly people talking rubbish.
"Untrue and malicious", these can never be overemphasized. You can not make a review that is untrue and malicious and call it a review. You will get away with it only if the company lets you go. But if they decide to sue, you are going down. You can claim 'figure of speech' all you want and it won't save you. You don't practice your literary prowess on people's business. And the court is not your literature class to use figure of speech as defence. You go explain taya. Know this and know peace.
Re: Chioma Okoli Released On Bail (Photos) by immortalcrown(m): 7:24am On Jun 02
Armanipounds:
You sound like you work for the company or maybe one of it's Directors? Lol, I see vexation and pains in how you wrote these epistles..
Remain a hater of truth until you point out any exaggeration in my comment.
Re: Chioma Okoli Released On Bail (Photos) by Macmilla(m): 7:25am On Jun 02
1Sharon:

That's defamation, you illiterate.

Ofcourse you don't live in the US, you don't need to tell me twice. Ode.
Are you even serious?

Re: Chioma Okoli Released On Bail (Photos) by Macmilla(m): 7:29am On Jun 02
1Sharon:

Where was the defamation? Do you know what a figure of speech is? Illiterate.
I give up

Re: Chioma Okoli Released On Bail (Photos) by Rebelutionary: 7:29am On Jun 02
Macmilla:

Seriously, the way some dumbfvcks jump into an issue without any background information and start whipping out sentiments is just irritating. Nigerians really do talk anyhow.
So so annoying!
Re: Chioma Okoli Released On Bail (Photos) by Rebelutionary: 7:31am On Jun 02
Demayour:

What detemines whether someone should be held behind bars?
That a crime is deemed to have been committed in the eyes of the law! And the law won't keep you behind bars in offences such as this that's why she's on bail currently! Oya answer my simple question! Waiting
Re: Chioma Okoli Released On Bail (Photos) by Macmilla(m): 7:33am On Jun 02
meum:

Yes I know. I frowned at her review when I saw it that time. It specifically portrayed the brand in bad light. It was wrong. I feel both parties allowed gragra to take over.

There’s another one I saw. The lady showed the brand & went ahead to show how the vegetable oil turns to a black sticky substance like coal tar. That was also not good for the brand image but the brand hasn’t sued her. As far as I know, I’ve not heard about her being sued for that.
She SHOWED IT.
So it is TRUE and NOT MALICIOUS.
All Chioma needed to do was show the people the tomato has killed and Erisco will hide in shame. Did she even say how it kills people? No. She only said it contains sugar and therefore kills people. Since when did sugar become poison?

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply)

Can You Eat These Halloween Themed Cupcakes? (pics) / Picture Of Giant Rat I Killed In My Farm / Is This A Vulture Meat

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 86
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.