Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,169,822 members, 7,876,109 topics. Date: Sunday, 30 June 2024 at 09:56 AM

No Pastor Should Earn Less Than 100k/month! GOs Should Allow Them Breathe! - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / No Pastor Should Earn Less Than 100k/month! GOs Should Allow Them Breathe! (25474 Views)

I Stop Going To Church Because No Pastor As Been Able To Explain This Bible Vers / Words Of A Nonentity On Tithe: Why A Pastor Should Not Talk Like Biodun Fatoyinb / How Come No Pastor Is Healing Corona Virus Patients??? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: No Pastor Should Earn Less Than 100k/month! GOs Should Allow Them Breathe! by Anguldi(m): 9:30am On Jun 02
Now y'all know why Bishop Oyedepo threatened pastors with death for those that ate his money shocked
Re: No Pastor Should Earn Less Than 100k/month! GOs Should Allow Them Breathe! by Urgent1Million: 9:30am On Jun 02
frankblinkz:
[color=#000099][/color]
Can someone explain to me,the real definition of gives Cesar what belongs to Cesar.

I'm currently in between Christianity nor traditional.

I want to choose one and hold firm.

The above question will decide my fate
There's no single formula that works for everyone. Do what works for you.
Most of the richest, most generous and friendly people may not even belong to any religion.
Peace.

1 Like

Re: No Pastor Should Earn Less Than 100k/month! GOs Should Allow Them Breathe! by Chevrolet076(m): 9:31am On Jun 02
Are there union of pastors too? Make dem protest abeg. Why sending money to headquarters?

This pastor thing should be regulated by govt and CBN abeg. The amount of funds in the christian ecosystem is massive.

1 Like

Re: No Pastor Should Earn Less Than 100k/month! GOs Should Allow Them Breathe! by Roger3D(m): 9:32am On Jun 02
Daejumong:
General overseers need to treat local church pastors the way Jesus treated his disciples !

The average salary of a pastor in Nigeria is 30,000 to 40,000 Naira ( 30-40USD) a month! How can a pastor with a family survive on this? With the prevailing conditions in the country, GOs need to up their pay. These pastors are crying and unhappy ! Many of them work full time and don’t have any other source of income!

These pastors have to also ensure that a large percentage of income generated in church through tithes and offerings are sent to the headquarters on a weekly basis! I have had some of these devoted pastors tell me how they feel sad that the headquarters takes almost everything and they have little or nothing to run their local churches!

I find this preposterous, someone slaves away to build a local ministry and sends almost everything to the headquarters for the big boy at the top to live large with his family! GOs are not more important, special or better than any child of God.

Gal 3: 28 There is neither Jew nor Greek, there is neither bond nor free, there is neither male nor female; for ye are all one in Christ Jesus.

The General overseers in the headquarters fly private jets, drive bulletproof luxury cars and live a life of luxury while the foot soldiers( pastors in local churches) wallow in poverty!
Jesus was difficult to separate from his disciples because they had the same quality of life hence the need to have a Judas betray him when the time arose.

I am looking forward to a time when it will be difficult to separate pastors of local branches from the GOs. A time when they will all wear same quality of suits, drive same quality of cars, have access to fly the private jets and also have same quality of life! That is when I will be convinced the GOs really want to be like Jesus!

All in all, General overseers need to be more considerate and put less financial pressure on their pastor foot soldiers. They should also pay them decent salaries(minimum of 100k/mth and ensure the financial gap between them and their pastors is significantly narrowed!
Mark 10:43-45
43 But among you it will be different. Whoever wants to be a leader among you must be your servant, 44 and whoever wants to be first among you must be the slave of everyone else. 45 For even the Son of Man came not to be served but to serve others and to give his life as a ransom for many.

Kindly share so this will get to the GOs!
You dumb pentecostal Christians
Re: No Pastor Should Earn Less Than 100k/month! GOs Should Allow Them Breathe! by demoBaba: 9:33am On Jun 02
kingxsamz:
If you people can just agree that church is a business and money making venture, nobody will complain.
And how are you people claiming that the world is about to end and rapture will happen anytime soon but you're advocating for increase in pastors salary? 😂
. And building different branches.

1 Like

Re: No Pastor Should Earn Less Than 100k/month! GOs Should Allow Them Breathe! by Vello(m): 9:38am On Jun 02
Daejumong:
General overseers need to treat local church pastors the way Jesus treated his disciples !

The average salary of a pastor in Nigeria is 30,000 to 40,000 Naira ( 30-40USD) a month! How can a pastor with a family survive on this? With the prevailing conditions in the country, GOs need to up their pay. These pastors are crying and unhappy ! Many of them work full time and don’t have any other source of income!

These pastors have to also ensure that a large percentage of income generated in church through tithes and offerings are sent to the headquarters on a weekly basis! I have had some of these devoted pastors tell me how they feel sad that the headquarters takes almost everything and they have little or nothing to run their local churches!

I find this preposterous, someone slaves away to build a local ministry and sends almost everything to the headquarters for the big boy at the top to live large with his family! GOs are not more important, special or better than any child of God.

Gal 3: 28 There is neither Jew nor Greek, there is neither bond nor free, there is neither male nor female; for ye are all one in Christ Jesus.

The General overseers in the headquarters fly private jets, drive bulletproof luxury cars and live a life of luxury while the foot soldiers( pastors in local churches) wallow in poverty!
Jesus was difficult to separate from his disciples because they had the same quality of life hence the need to have a Judas betray him when the time arose.

I am looking forward to a time when it will be difficult to separate pastors of local branches from the GOs. A time when they will all wear same quality of suits, drive same quality of cars, have access to fly the private jets and also have same quality of life! That is when I will be convinced the GOs really want to be like Jesus!

All in all, General overseers need to be more considerate and put less financial pressure on their pastor foot soldiers. They should also pay them decent salaries(minimum of 100k/mth and ensure the financial gap between them and their pastors is significantly narrowed!
43 But among you it will be different. Whoever wants to be a leader among you must be your servant, 44 and whoever wants to be first among you must be the slave of everyone else. 45 For even the Son of Man came not to be served but to serve others and to give his life as a ransom for many.

Let those lazy pastors go find work to do. Pastoring branches is holy slavery and not economically not viable.

I see one such noise making church around my house and the pastors are only paid N5,000. They are men with family o. The G.O would give them the slave wage with a condition that "IF GOD TRULY. CALLED YOU, HE WILL FEED YOU". Many are hopelessly bound in this holy evil and languishing. This is one of the reasons I detest church and pulled out 5 years ago.

It's only Africa that permits this form of religious centres proliferation without regulations.

Rather than advocate for salary increase, let's focus on liberating them. We don't need branch pastors instead, let them go find other rewarding engagements for themselves and families.

Enough of holy stupidity

2 Likes

Re: No Pastor Should Earn Less Than 100k/month! GOs Should Allow Them Breathe! by Kaido: 9:40am On Jun 02
Re: No Pastor Should Earn Less Than 100k/month! GOs Should Allow Them Breathe! by Vikithora: 9:42am On Jun 02
All eyes shall soon agree with Pastor Abel Damina's teachings against Transactional Gospel teachings.
Monetizing the grace and gifts of God in a man of God's Ministry life-selling 'anointed' bottle/sachet water, oil, handkerchief,apron, t-shirt,stickers batches etc-ignoring 'freely you were given,freely you should give to others.

Soon 'free the sheepie'shall results in a revolution of empty seats in church services.

One them (Nigeria G.O) asked Benny Hinn what his thoughts is on Nigeria pastors attacking fellow pastors on issues on 'transactional gospel messages '- B.Hinn replied - they (Nigeria pastors) should focus on preaching the Cross,dead,burial and resurrection of Jesus Christ and focusing on his callings only.
I don't know how hearing such reply settles down with such MoG.
Re: No Pastor Should Earn Less Than 100k/month! GOs Should Allow Them Breathe! by RepoMan007: 9:44am On Jun 02
farouk2much:
This thing they surprise me. For long. But today is the day i will speak about it, am a devoted muslim and am so proud of my religion.. Why is it that islamic topic is strictly only for muslims. And Christian topic is for all..... Nairaland do something about this.
It's supposed to be islamic topic for muslims only..... And Christian topic should go with Christian only
Seun recognises that islam is a cult and not necessarily a religion so accords them the privileges due to a cult. They have dress code. Secret greetings signs, language system, kill deserters, accept supplementary spiritualism to beat up islam etc.

Christianity which is the liberal one and truth on the other hand cant afford to be closed to people.

1 Like

Re: No Pastor Should Earn Less Than 100k/month! GOs Should Allow Them Breathe! by HeadNigga: 9:46am On Jun 02
MindHacker9009:

Their focus should be on the RAPTURE.
a woman in trousers raptured? This is Photoshop.
Re: No Pastor Should Earn Less Than 100k/month! GOs Should Allow Them Breathe! by youngrichnigga: 9:46am On Jun 02
Some of them are worse than politicians, they play the card of "you're doing it for God"....Not only their pastors but their workers in all spheres of their businesses ranging from the churches, schools etc angry angry angry angry

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: No Pastor Should Earn Less Than 100k/month! GOs Should Allow Them Breathe! by jaxxy(m): 9:53am On Jun 02
I don't see why anybody serving in God's house feels entitled to a salary even the go's should not be paid a dime. They can only be appreciated when necessary.

God's service is either a calling or a sacrifice not a bank job where u work for a salary and not for God.

These lazy criminals coming to the house of God just because of money should know they are far from God. God's work is not a salary job.

If u need money desperately go and get a real job like every other person..

2 Likes

Re: No Pastor Should Earn Less Than 100k/month! GOs Should Allow Them Breathe! by vibratingpenis: 9:53am On Jun 02
Daejumong:

Who asked them not to have other sources of income?

If you ain't okay with what you are getting, get another hustle and quit the damn stupidity and slavery.

And Jesus didn't pay anyone. You must be a fool to include Jesus in tHis Nonsense you wrote. Jesus even told all His disciples to make sure they have a handiwork, which of his disciples didn't have a vocation?

Nonsense people called christians who don't know shishi about Christ. You can say your bullshit But never include Christ in it, that is where I flare in.

1 Like

Re: No Pastor Should Earn Less Than 100k/month! GOs Should Allow Them Breathe! by Tradepunter2: 9:54am On Jun 02
MindHacker9009:

Their focus should be on the RAPTURE.

Omoo the devil is really distracting the church..... This is what the Bible called little foxes eating the grapevine......

Make una leave all these distractions and pray for empowerment from God in order to win souls..... Church physical building does not matter....... The soul you win is your responsibility, guiding him or her like a Shepard...... LAZY CHRISTIANS THINK ITS BY BRINGING SOMEONE TO CHURCH.... THE LAST DAY GO SHOCK UNA
Re: No Pastor Should Earn Less Than 100k/month! GOs Should Allow Them Breathe! by Administration1: 9:56am On Jun 02
Most pastors actually earn less than that in Winners Chapel,
Re: No Pastor Should Earn Less Than 100k/month! GOs Should Allow Them Breathe! by CentralBank(m): 10:00am On Jun 02
malali:
While the call to improve the living conditions of local church pastors is understandable, it is essential to recognize that the congregation itself largely comprises individuals on minimum wage or even unemployed. The commercialization of worship, which should be free and dedicated to glorifying God, is fundamentally flawed and contradicts biblical teachings.

Commercialization of Worship:
The notion that pastors should live in luxury while their congregation struggles is antithetical to the spirit of Christianity. Worship should not be a means for financial gain but a pure expression of faith. Jesus himself condemned the commercialization of religion, as seen in Matthew 21:12-13, where he drove out the money changers from the temple, declaring, "My house shall be called a house of prayer, but you make it a den of robbers."

Congregational Hardships:
Many members of these congregations are barely surviving on meager incomes. With unemployment and poverty rampant, it is unjust to divert resources that could alleviate their suffering towards maintaining an opulent lifestyle for church leaders. The focus should be on serving the community, not on personal enrichment.

Biblical Perspective on Leadership:
True leadership in Christianity is about servitude, not luxury. Mark 10:43-45 emphasizes that those who wish to lead must become servants, following Jesus' example of humility and self-sacrifice. Similarly, 1 Peter 5:2-3 instructs leaders to shepherd their flock willingly and eagerly, not for selfish gain but as examples to the believers.

Financial Accountability:
General Overseers must ensure financial accountability and transparency. The significant disparity between the wealth of church leaders and the poverty of their congregations is a clear sign of misplaced priorities. James 5:1-5 warns against the hoarding of wealth and the exploitation of workers, highlighting that such actions are condemned by God.

The focus should not be on increasing salaries to exorbitant levels but on ensuring fair compensation that reflects the economic realities of the congregation. Church leaders must embody the principles of humility, service, and selflessness that Jesus demonstrated, prioritizing the welfare of their flock over personal luxury.

ChatGPT?
Re: No Pastor Should Earn Less Than 100k/month! GOs Should Allow Them Breathe! by clockwisereport: 10:05am On Jun 02
Jokerman:
What stops these pastors from complaining to their GOs?
They see their GOs as God
Re: No Pastor Should Earn Less Than 100k/month! GOs Should Allow Them Breathe! by dejavubobo1(m): 10:09am On Jun 02
frankblinkz:
[color=#000099][/color]
Can someone explain to me,the real definition of gives Cesar what belongs to Cesar.

I'm currently in between Christianity nor traditional.

I want to choose one and hold firm.

The above question will decide my fate
It simply means the things of the world belongs to the world(cars, houses, position and all kind of wealth). It all ends here on earth.
But the things of the spirit is the only way to eternity through Jesus Christ.

Which ever you set your mind on you will get. (Perishable earthly wealth or eternity

As regards the topic why would anyone think of collecting salary from working for God. I can't be a pastor cause it involves a lot of sacrifice to stable the sheep. But alas in Nigeria patorship is like securing a lucrative job with a multinational. The hunger, greed and economic woes makes people think about financial gains above humanity and selflessness which Jesus Christ preached.
Re: No Pastor Should Earn Less Than 100k/month! GOs Should Allow Them Breathe! by Ubdavis(m): 10:13am On Jun 02
Who fixed the salary
Re: No Pastor Should Earn Less Than 100k/month! GOs Should Allow Them Breathe! by We4all: 10:15am On Jun 02
Some pastors that I know have full time jobs. Are pastors supposed to be on salary or allowance? If the pay is small, then they should go work their ass out.
Re: No Pastor Should Earn Less Than 100k/month! GOs Should Allow Them Breathe! by kareemkamil(m): 10:17am On Jun 02
Hmmm, junior Yahoo challenging senior Yahoo

2 Likes

Re: No Pastor Should Earn Less Than 100k/month! GOs Should Allow Them Breathe! by femi4: 10:17am On Jun 02
Jokerman:
What stops these pastors from complaining to their GOs?
They should go n work. Pastoring isn't a full time job, it's a side huzzle
Re: No Pastor Should Earn Less Than 100k/month! GOs Should Allow Them Breathe! by Enemyofpeace: 10:20am On Jun 02
The disciples of Jesus did not hen anything during their time and they wear only fed with bread and fish

1 Like

Re: No Pastor Should Earn Less Than 100k/month! GOs Should Allow Them Breathe! by oyeb15: 10:20am On Jun 02
Christianity is business
Re: No Pastor Should Earn Less Than 100k/month! GOs Should Allow Them Breathe! by BOUNTYDOG(m): 10:22am On Jun 02
The way it should be is any money raised in the church should be property of christ, so every pastor should have rights to all the facility and church should cater for all their needs, not one person acquiring all in his name and not giving pastor, members access to
the private jets et al
If a GO cannot rule God's property LIKE this
How can our govts rule d nation like its national thing and not private?
Re: No Pastor Should Earn Less Than 100k/month! GOs Should Allow Them Breathe! by oyeb15: 10:22am On Jun 02
Pentecostals should be eradicated in Nigeria.

Tinubu over to you like d national anthem.

2 Likes

Re: No Pastor Should Earn Less Than 100k/month! GOs Should Allow Them Breathe! by advanceDNA: 10:23am On Jun 02
Daejumong:
[b]General overseers need to treat local church pastors the way Jesus treated his disciples !

I don't know of all churches but I know a winners pastor...he said they don't pay bills and rent and collect some allocation at branch

.and even collect full relocation cost when they get transfered ..they technically earn more than 100k

1 Like

Re: No Pastor Should Earn Less Than 100k/month! GOs Should Allow Them Breathe! by Ewedegubbler: 10:27am On Jun 02
farouk2much:
This thing they surprise me. For long. But today is the day i will speak about it, am a devoted muslim and am so proud of my religion.. Why is it that islamic topic is strictly only for muslims. And Christian topic is for all..... Nairaland do something about this.
It's supposed to be islamic topic for muslims only..... And Christian topic should go with Christian only

because it is the religion of unpeaceful peace and intolerance
Re: No Pastor Should Earn Less Than 100k/month! GOs Should Allow Them Breathe! by JuanDeDios: 10:28am On Jun 02
Daejumong:
That's a low salary. But these pastors work part time, right? I mean, they hold regular jobs and only do church during non-working hours, right? Anyway, it's still small.
Re: No Pastor Should Earn Less Than 100k/month! GOs Should Allow Them Breathe! by membranus: 10:33am On Jun 02
So true an observation, and truer still is the counsel of equal treatment between pastors and their church owners or leaders.
Re: No Pastor Should Earn Less Than 100k/month! GOs Should Allow Them Breathe! by BABAawoo47: 10:35am On Jun 02
damosky12:
You people just don't get tired of this agenda against church, pastors, GOs. It always cone in one indirect for or another.

First, church is not an industry and pastoring us not a job. It's not something you do to earn. Secondly, for pastors collecting salaries, you don't know what the arrangement is with the church. I have never seen pastors carrying placard protesting minimum wage.

Why do you love taking panadol for another man's headache? And it's not like you care about the church or pastors...
why will pastors carry placard? If you are a member close to them, they will open up to you about it.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Adeboye: Christians Don’t Need Guns For Self-Defence / The Ogboni Cult And Anti Catholic/ Islam / Daddy Freeze: Prosperity Doctrine Is Fraudulent & Satanic From The Pits Of Hell

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.