Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,197,217 members, 7,963,985 topics. Date: Wednesday, 02 October 2024 at 03:10 AM

We Won’t Be Part Of Western Region - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / We Won’t Be Part Of Western Region (1128 Views)

Return To Regionalism: We Won’t Be Part Of Western Region – Lagos Indigenes / Western Region Ministerial List In 60s / The Superiority Of The Western Region In 1969 As Published By NY Times (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Go Down)

Re: We Won’t Be Part Of Western Region by Iceberg3: 3:37pm On Jun 02
We don't know what is hard here,the real lagosians say they wanna govern their own state,ronus from iragbiji, Oshogbo,won to si arawon 😁😁🤣🤣🤣🤣

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: We Won’t Be Part Of Western Region by flokii: 3:38pm On Jun 02
Iceberg3:

Oga it is the progeny of Adele, prince Adeniji Adele that's saying this!

What's difficult here,go back to your Oshogbo,at least your "beloved" Betty ain't the 1st lady anymore 😁

It's you Igbos that are obsessed with Lagos.. we Yorubas aren't. It's part and parcel of our birthright and heritage.

Moreover there is no big deal with me living in Osogbo or Ibadan.. as long as it's Western region and inter-connected with road and rail system, I'm fine.

What I am kicking against is this alien behaviour of some Lagosians attacking and inciting other Lagosian through unguarded utterances.. The Aworis, Egbas, Ijebus, Eguns etc. are all indigenous to Lagos but don't go about making reckless statements like some are busy doing. It's until internal clashes start in Lagos that eyes of people like Bode George will clear.

FYI, the Lagos State today is made up of over 85% of lands ceded to her by Ogun State.

1 Like

Re: We Won’t Be Part Of Western Region by Iceberg3: 3:42pm On Jun 02
Iamgrey5:
My mum is from lagos state not lagos island and has always felt part of southwest Nigeria even till date.

My mum is ijebu from lagos.
There's no arguments about that, Lagos remains a south west state and the indigenes of the state wanna be stakeholders. I am sure your dear mum too and her Lagos family will fancy that..also you should not be biased cos the Gbadebo Rhodes Vivour is also a lagos indigenes which you guys denied o.

3 Likes

Re: We Won’t Be Part Of Western Region by Tochi360: 3:43pm On Jun 02
ElSudani:

Don't be ridiculous. Ibos are totally obsessed with Lagos. Can you imagine Iwuanyanwu saying Ibos developed Lagos when there are are historical records to the contrary?
A Yoruba man wants to go to London or New York, the Ibo man wants to go to Lagos.

Very incoherent talk.

Look around You,Igbos are in the middle belt,North,SS and other States in SW aside Lagos. Have You been to Owode Ibadan??
Go to Cameroon,go to the Igbo communities in Ghana,Togo, Benin Republic,Congo, Guinea Bisau,Ivory coast etc you will see that truly Igbo brings in the new game in business, commerce and standard of living,You are just obsessed and addicted to doing your senseless tribal banters with your co shameless tribalist from the other side grin cheesy

Just imagine how You sound, Yorubas want to go to London but Igbos want to go to Lagos grin grin grin cheesy you guys will never ever understand how lame y'all sound when you do dis dry, senseless tribal gbasgbos grin grin grin

My brother moved his family from Lagos to London recently,they are Igbos too oo,no dey do this senseless tribal gbasgbos e dey make person sound very very STUPID to tell you the truth grin grin

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: We Won’t Be Part Of Western Region by Iceberg3: 3:45pm On Jun 02
flokii:

It's you Igbos that are obsessed with Lagos.. we Yorubas aren't. It's part and parcel of our birthright and heritage.

Moreover there is no big deal with me living in Osogbo or Ibadan.. as long as it's Western region and inter-connected with road and rail system, I'm fine.

What I am kicking against is this alien behaviour of some Lagosians attacking and inciting other Lagosian through unguarded utterances.. The Aworis, Egbas, Ijebus, Eguns etc. are all indigenous to Lagos but don't go about making reckless statements like some are busy doing. It's until internal clashes start in Lagos that eyes of people like Bode George will clear.

FYI, the Lagos State today is made up of over 85% of lands ceded to her by Ogun State.
No problem nah,all the people whose land were ceded, probably against their wish,all they are saying is that they want to be stakeholders of where they now belong,they want to be major players of the place you and your Ogun pushed them to,simple,period. You cannot push me away and still carry yourself come to still control me nah,haba!

2 Likes

Re: We Won’t Be Part Of Western Region by CharlotteFlair: 3:46pm On Jun 02
ElSudani:

Ok sir, but I need more explanation.
Good. Because if you were Yoruba or has even travelled deep into Yoruba towns and villages, you'd have realized what ghost towns they were because once they left for the city, they never really come back. You would usually find a population of old people. Their children left many years ago and are living large in Lagos, their roots forgotten.

2 Likes

Re: We Won’t Be Part Of Western Region by ElSudani: 3:47pm On Jun 02
Tochi360:

Very incoherent talk.

Look around You,Igbos are in the middle belt,North,SS and other States in SW aside Lagos. Have You been to Owode Ibadan??
Go to Cameroon,go to the Igbo communities in Ghana,Togo, Benin Republic,Congo, Guinea Bisau,Ivory coast etc you will see that truly Igbo brings in the new game in business, commerce and standard of living,You are just obsessed and addicted to doing your senseless tribal banters with your co shameless tribalist from the other side grin cheesy

Just imagine how You sound, Yorubas want to go to London but Igbos want to go to Lagos grin grin grin cheesy you guys will never ever understand how lame y'all sound when you do dis dry, senseless tribal gbasgbos grin grin grin

My brother moved his family from Lagos to London recently,they are Igbos too oo,no dey do this senseless tribal gbasgbos e dey make person sound very very STUPID to tell you the truth grin grin

Bullcrap. Not a few people became billionaires just transporting Ibos to Lagos. Think about that. Ekenedili Chuckwu, Ifesinach, Young shall grow etc.
Re: We Won’t Be Part Of Western Region by Topsido(m): 3:48pm On Jun 02
Says a one man group sponsored by Gbadebo Rhodes Vivour. De Renenneisance look at that mumu name.
Re: We Won’t Be Part Of Western Region by Iamgrey5(m): 3:52pm On Jun 02
Iceberg3:

There's no arguments about that, Lagos remains a south west state and the indigenes of the state wanna be stakeholders. I am sure your dear mum too and her Lagos family will fancy that..also you should not be biased cos the Gbadebo Rhodes Vivour is also a lagos indigenes which you guys denied o.
That's the problem.

If some people in lagos island feel they should run lagos, other parts of lagos will always gang up against them.

The Aworis and ijebus will always gang up against them and they will continue to just make noise.
Re: We Won’t Be Part Of Western Region by ElSudani: 4:00pm On Jun 02
CharlotteFlair:
Good. Because if you were Yoruba or has even travelled deep into Yoruba towns and villages, you'd have realized what ghost towns they were because once they left for the city, they never really come back. You would usually find a population of old people. Their children left many years ago and are living large in Lagos, their roots forgotten.

Nonsense, So those people who are operating million dollar businesses outside of Lagos are what?
Re: We Won’t Be Part Of Western Region by Iceberg3: 4:06pm On Jun 02
Iamgrey5:
That's the problem.

If some people in lagos island feel they should run lagos, other parts of lagos will always gang up against them.

The Aworis and ijebus will always gang up against them and they will continue to just make noise.
You are the one saying this...gang up against them for what?
Whether island or mainland,all are indigenes of Lagos state and their views should be respected,simple.

2 Likes

Re: We Won’t Be Part Of Western Region by Iamgrey5(m): 4:11pm On Jun 02
Iceberg3:

You are the one saying this...gang up against them for what?
Whether island or mainland,all are indigenes of Lagos state and their views should be respected,simple.
The only people always pushing for things like this are those on the island
Re: We Won’t Be Part Of Western Region by Tochi360: 4:25pm On Jun 02
ElSudani:

Bullcrap. Not a few people became billionaires just transporting Ibos to Lagos. Think about that. Ekenedili Chuckwu, Ifesinach, Young shall grow etc.

How dis rubbish wey you write take make sense to You now grin people doing Their transport business na im you dey take make point cheesy grin

You want to drop lamba that Yorubas don't freak for Lagos,tell that to small pikin like Your type.
I lived in Iworoko and had an eatery business around oshikita around Eksu the indigines perceive Lagos as small London same goes to indigenous people from other States in Nija bcus overtime people perceive Lagos as a top place to relocate and start business.

I am not even making my point from a Tribal angle,you are just so possessed and addicted to this senseless tribal gbasgbos which is why you are trying to drag me into your childish,dry tribal gbasgbos grin cheesy

Ayam not doing.
Stop doing senseless tribal gbasgbos,it makes people sound extremely STUPID and FOOLISH at the same time grin grin

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: We Won’t Be Part Of Western Region by ElSudani: 4:35pm On Jun 02
Tochi360:

How dis rubbish wey you write take make sense to You now grin people doing Their transport business na im you dey take make point cheesy grin

You want to drop lamba that Yorubas don't freak for Lagos,tell that to small pikin like Your type.
I lived in Iworoko and had an eatery business around oshikita around Eksu the indigines perceive Lagos as small London same goes to indigenous people from other States in Nija bcus overtime people perceive Lagos as a top place to relocate and start business.

I am not even making my point from a Tribal angle,you are just so possessed and addicted to this senseless tribal gbasgbos which is why you are trying to drag me into your childish,dry tribal gbasgbos grin cheesy

Ayam not doing.
Stop doing senseless tribal gbasgbos,it makes people sound extremely STUPID and FOOLISH at the same time grin grin

What arrant nonsense are you talking about? Eatery business is not bad but if you want to hit it big time, sell that business and buy a bus. I don't need to spell the rest out for you.
Re: We Won’t Be Part Of Western Region by Tochi360: 4:37pm On Jun 02
ElSudani:

What arrant nonsense are you talking about? Eatery business is not bad but if you want to hit it big time sell that business and bus. I don't need to spell the rest out for you.

grin grin grin guy carry your matter go front, normal normal tribalist no dey ever make sense grin grin grin

Oya continue to dey wail, dey cry Igbo yoooo, Igbo eeehhhh since na the destiny wey your Oluda give you when you dey come dis World.
Re: We Won’t Be Part Of Western Region by ElSudani: 4:39pm On Jun 02
Tochi360:

grin grin grin guy carry your matter go front, normal normal tribalist no dey ever make sense grin grin grin

Oya continue to dey wail, dey cry Igbo yoooo, Igbo eeehhhh since na the destiny wey your Oluda give you when you dey come dis World.

Even if you do Ado to Awka you will do very well, trust me.
Re: We Won’t Be Part Of Western Region by CharlotteFlair: 5:15pm On Jun 02
ElSudani:

Nonsense, So those people who are operating million dollar businesses outside of Lagos are what?
Abeg swerve 😂
Re: We Won’t Be Part Of Western Region by Nzogbu2012: 5:27pm On Jun 02
ArewaNorth:
Indigenes of Lagos State have vowed to reject a Bill seeking the return of Nigeria to regional government.

By Dapo Akinrefon

Speaking under the aegis of De Renaissance Patriots Foundation, the Lagos Indigenes, in a statement by its Media Office, revealed that a proposed Bill seeking approval of the National Assembly to return Nigeria to regional system is set to be considered but insisted that Lagos State people will not be part of the Western Region.

But De Renaissance Patriots Foundation, in a statement by Adelani Adeniji-Adele said: “This bill that is being proposed or suggested spells an ominous sign to us from Lagos State. It is a further attempt to subsume our aspiration into a larger group that is antithesis to whatever we believe in as indigenes of the state.

“The first most important is that vast consultations were not held on the matter to find out if being submerged into another subgroup is a thing we desire. It cannot be generally assumed.

“Generally and since Lagos and its environs became a colony, we have always maintained that we prefer a stand alone status and not be part of any Western Region or Province.

“In recent times, our various indigenous groups had always maintained that we as indigenes of Lagos had always been having a raw deal from our neighbours in the South West, who see nothing good in us as they are only for project to marginalize us and see our state as ‘spoils of war’.

“We recall that in our history of over 100 years, Lagos indigenes in their various forms, towns and villages have never made progress and development as part of any region not to talk of the Western Region. The brief balkanization of our state to be part of the Western Region was an aberration.

“Nothing should be assumed especially from the contents of this proposed bill, especially if it has the inclusion of Lagos State as part of any region. We demand a referendum to actually reflect the wishes of the people.

“We, the indigenes of Lagos State, do not wish to be part of the regional state as being proposed in the Bill returning Nigeria to regional government. Our leaders and traditional rulers opposed it in 1953 and we gained respite in 1967. We, offspring of our heroes’ past, will not accept it.

“We enjoin our representatives in the National Assembly to consult with the elders statesmen and stakeholders before taking any action on the Bill. This is beyond the ruling party and state government affairs. Lagos State cannot be brought into nothingness through the South West Region proposal by this Bill surreptitiously.
https://www.vanguardngr.com/2024/06/return-to-regionalism-we-wont-be-part-of-western-region-lagos-indigenes/

This is fake ....because Lagos indigene is comprises

Bec of all the states in the south west ...so no sector of people have
Re: We Won’t Be Part Of Western Region by Iceberg3: 7:01pm On Jun 02
Iamgrey5:
The only people always pushing for things like this are those on the island

And they are entitled to that,their state,their business,their affairs.
Re: We Won’t Be Part Of Western Region by lionshare: 7:19pm On Jun 02
Iceberg3:

And they are entitled to that,their state,their business,their affairs.

Certainly, they are entitled to their state business. However, if this proposal is to fly, Lagos State must forgo all areas presently under its jurisdiction that were previously part of the Western Region. Let us see who will ultimately laugh last.
Re: We Won’t Be Part Of Western Region by DMerciful(m): 7:23pm On Jun 02
Lies. Lagos was the first colony created in Nigeria
ElSudani:

Nonsense. There's no Lagos without Yorubaland because the current Lagos territory was carved out of it.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: We Won’t Be Part Of Western Region by XerXers: 8:20pm On Jun 02
ElSudani:

You cannot pay a relative of mine to live in Lagos. That is her choice and it doesn't mean Lagos is bad or good. There are many people like that. The only people who are totally obsessed with Lagos are SEners.
You are naturally unadventurous.
Re: We Won’t Be Part Of Western Region by ElSudani: 8:48pm On Jun 02
XerXers:

You are naturally unadventurous.

I don't agree with you having been to more than 20 countries in the world.
Re: We Won’t Be Part Of Western Region by Iceberg3: 9:29pm On Jun 02
lionshare:

Certainly, they are entitled to their state business. However, if this proposal is to fly, Lagos State must forgo all areas presently under its jurisdiction that were previously part of the Western Region. Let us see who will ultimately laugh last.
Oga please leave their lands and properties for the owners o,haba
Re: We Won’t Be Part Of Western Region by DeadCountry: 9:34pm On Jun 02
Awori people, the original owners of Lagos has always been a different people from the yorubas. They have different mentality and different way of life which is more civilized.
Re: We Won’t Be Part Of Western Region by Mynd44: 9:42pm On Jun 02

(1) (2)

Eedris Abdul Kareem: Yoruba Muslim FASCIST Obidients Hate. What Changed? / ( Pat Utomi May Be The Last) / Female Governorship Candidates In Lagos, Who Are Their Husbands?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.