Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,169,868 members, 7,876,302 topics. Date: Sunday, 30 June 2024 at 02:21 PM

I Found Bugs Inside Golden Morn - Michael Taiwo - Food (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / I Found Bugs Inside Golden Morn - Michael Taiwo (31963 Views)

Try Adding Groundnut To Your Golden Morn And Cornflakes Combo / 9 Surprising Side Effects Of Golden Morn And Its Benefits / How To Make Golden Morn (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Found Bugs Inside Golden Morn - Michael Taiwo by Atarakpa: 3:06pm On Jun 02
sleek214:
You bought expired golden morn. Trash it and move on. Everything must not be on social media. You normally bought at Amazon, so why did you come to Nigeria to buy? Rubbish and Bobrisky
I doubt if you read all the paragraph.
Re: I Found Bugs Inside Golden Morn - Michael Taiwo by Atarakpa: 3:07pm On Jun 02
MrDoGood:

Which bread 🥪 is 1,200?

I bought freedom loaf at freedom supmarkt in lekki for 1500 this morning.
Re: I Found Bugs Inside Golden Morn - Michael Taiwo by Richyfj(m): 3:08pm On Jun 02
How can wevil survived in a sailed packed?? Execept its kept open
Re: I Found Bugs Inside Golden Morn - Michael Taiwo by israelmao(m): 3:29pm On Jun 02
Kill the bug and eat in peace.The combined effort of Mr. Lifeless and Emilokan has damaged Nigerian economy beyond recognition.
Re: I Found Bugs Inside Golden Morn - Michael Taiwo by Stevenbright(m): 3:29pm On Jun 02
nlfpmod:
A Nigerian social media user, Michael Taiwo, claims he found weevils inside the Golden Morn he bought for his kids.

Source: Michael Taiwo

This is not about the quality of the product but the fact that it was not sold on time as a result of low purchasing power and it most likely have spent more than it's shelf life on the retainer's shop.
Re: I Found Bugs Inside Golden Morn - Michael Taiwo by OmoGomesIlorin: 3:30pm On Jun 02
I thought Golden Morn was an app and he found a bug on the app
Re: I Found Bugs Inside Golden Morn - Michael Taiwo by Ojetayo17(m): 3:34pm On Jun 02
Calosobruccus maculatus...... grains Insect store pest..

1 Like

Re: I Found Bugs Inside Golden Morn - Michael Taiwo by Scientheosopher(m): 3:36pm On Jun 02
sleek214:
You bought expired golden morn. Trash it and move on. Everything must not be on social media. You normally bought at Amazon, so why did you come to Nigeria to buy? Rubbish and Bobrisky
He said it hasn't expired!
And even if it's expired, should there be weevils in it when it's tightly sealed?

I hope that some day you'll drink an expired substance, say, medicine, so that you'll understand why he is alarmed.
Re: I Found Bugs Inside Golden Morn - Michael Taiwo by KosiGee(m): 3:39pm On Jun 02
sleek214:

How’s that expired. It’s written on the packet that it’s supposed to expire by April 2025. It was made early this year( Jan 2024 to expire April 2025).

It’s bad packaging and storage.
What a coincidence. I’ve got a packet at home which I opened this morning. Need to check it when I get home
Re: I Found Bugs Inside Golden Morn - Michael Taiwo by KayB: 3:39pm On Jun 02
With these reactions and comments so far manufacturing companies will continue to care less about Nigerian consumers.
The package was well captured with indelible inscriptions yet people are saying it could have expired..
EDUCATED ILLITERATES

1 Like

Re: I Found Bugs Inside Golden Morn - Michael Taiwo by iykofias(m): 3:45pm On Jun 02
Nothing but a bad stunt, no weevil were seen
Re: I Found Bugs Inside Golden Morn - Michael Taiwo by KosiGee(m): 3:46pm On Jun 02
Stevenbright:

This is not about the quality of the product but the fact that it was not sold on time as a result of low purchasing power and it most likely have spent more than it's shelf life on the retainer's shop.

It was produced and packaged by Nestle Foods less than 5 months ago and it still has more than 10months before expiration.
Re: I Found Bugs Inside Golden Morn - Michael Taiwo by imagrg(m): 3:47pm On Jun 02
Are you sure it's not a repackaged product from Aba? grin
Re: I Found Bugs Inside Golden Morn - Michael Taiwo by prophetfire: 3:48pm On Jun 02
sleek214:
You bought expired golden morn. Trash it and move on. Everything must not be on social media. You normally buy on Amazon, so why did you come to Nigeria to buy? Rubbish and Bobrisky
Didn't you see where he wrote that it's not expired. Anyway you are a Nigerian. You people read only headlines and begin to comment. Also things that are health hazards are enjoyable to you people because of ignorance.
Re: I Found Bugs Inside Golden Morn - Michael Taiwo by Stevenbright(m): 3:50pm On Jun 02
KosiGee:

It was produced and packaged by Nestle Foods less than 5 months ago and it still has more than 10months before expiration.

Ok, I see. Thanks for the clarification.

I made my earlier point because of my experience. For instance, buying bread in a not so well patronized shop now a days lead to buying spoiled bread. The same is true for eggs and some other products.
Re: I Found Bugs Inside Golden Morn - Michael Taiwo by prophetfire: 3:51pm On Jun 02
Stevenbright:

Do you guys read at all? You didn't read where he wrote that it's not expired? Tueeehhhhh for you guys and the way you make light of serious matters.
No wonder your useless government officials don't regard you people at all but treat you like chaff.
Re: I Found Bugs Inside Golden Morn - Michael Taiwo by guru90: 3:52pm On Jun 02
Destiny killer a.k.a Market killer... Why can't you trash it silently without public announcement.
And purchase another one from Amazon...

Peace ...
Re: I Found Bugs Inside Golden Morn - Michael Taiwo by 9ise(m): 3:55pm On Jun 02
My guy wan trend
Re: I Found Bugs Inside Golden Morn - Michael Taiwo by Stevenbright(m): 3:58pm On Jun 02
prophetfire:
Do you guys read at all? You didn't read where he wrote that it's not expired? Tueeehhhhh for you guys and the way you make light of serious matters.
No wonder your useless government officials don't regard you people at all but treat you like chaff.

Mr Man from a perfect and best country in the world. What are you doing on nairaland which belongs to a country whose leaders are useless and I am disappointed that the useful government of your heaven on earth country don't teach morals/manners to it's citizens, reason why you insult people thinking you are communicating. Tueeehhhhh...
Re: I Found Bugs Inside Golden Morn - Michael Taiwo by andrenz: 4:00pm On Jun 02
Enter debugging mode and debug it
Re: I Found Bugs Inside Golden Morn - Michael Taiwo by Greigns: 4:01pm On Jun 02
Same I reported back to the stores and they replaced it,it turned out that the sachet was punctured.. it's normal..
Re: I Found Bugs Inside Golden Morn - Michael Taiwo by blowjohn(m): 4:05pm On Jun 02
Oblongata:
You get mind dey buy Golden morn for this economy wey ordinary bread na 1200? EFCC suppose arrest this guy grin

For where u dey see bread of 1,200 naira?
For my area na 1800 grin grin grin
Re: I Found Bugs Inside Golden Morn - Michael Taiwo by Solofresh2: 4:19pm On Jun 02
immortalcrown:
Lakaka!
grin
Re: I Found Bugs Inside Golden Morn - Michael Taiwo by Kobojunkie: 4:19pm On Jun 02
nlfpmod:
A Nigerian social media user, Michael Taiwo, claims he found weevils inside the Golden Morn he bought for his kids.
He should have taken a picture of the actual bugs inside of the bag and maybe sealed the contents off and saved it too. undecided
Re: I Found Bugs Inside Golden Morn - Michael Taiwo by tosyne2much(m): 4:30pm On Jun 02
Probably an attention plotting to rubbish the Golden Morn company

1 Like

Re: I Found Bugs Inside Golden Morn - Michael Taiwo by StreetTyga: 4:30pm On Jun 02
Another najiko saga... useless idiotttss everywhere. Jobless people
Re: I Found Bugs Inside Golden Morn - Michael Taiwo by Love800(m): 4:34pm On Jun 02
What do you mean by repackaged stuff?
Orathird:
This may be a repackaged stuff
Re: I Found Bugs Inside Golden Morn - Michael Taiwo by Sleekfingers: 4:40pm On Jun 02
nlfpmod:

Source: Michael Taiwo

You bought fake golden morn.....90% of consumables in Nigeria are adulterated or expired ,
Re: I Found Bugs Inside Golden Morn - Michael Taiwo by Sleekfingers: 4:45pm On Jun 02
ElevationD:
The manufacturing and expiry date are stated there.

However the man failed to show images of the weevils. How can we believe the story?

Cereals just like grains are agricultural products that are susceptible to pest infestation. You can find them in food like beans, rice, wheat, etc. The a hole into seeds and habit there. I think there was oversight while processing was going on. Possibly also the weevils escaped while processing was going on and got packaged into their packs.

It is not enough to go to social media to disparage the organization, or put citizens on high alert, as noticed. There is a possibility to damage the reputation of the organization.

It is unfortunate.

So he should keep quiet abi?

Are you not aware of high rate of fake and expired products in Nigeria? Where people clean the expiring date or change it ? Fake baby foods , drugs, tomatoes paste , power milk, fizzy drink etc
Re: I Found Bugs Inside Golden Morn - Michael Taiwo by Silentgroper(m): 4:46pm On Jun 02
Anguldi:
Will you keep quiet lipsrsealed Better protein tongue

Crunch on every bite, tasty as fvck ..

grin

1 Like

Re: I Found Bugs Inside Golden Morn - Michael Taiwo by Frezhkid10(m): 4:56pm On Jun 02
casualobserver:

He should look at the ingredients and be more concerned about the list of chemicals he is feeding his kids.
Golden morn is an healthy food..no preservative nor harmful chemical in it.
Re: I Found Bugs Inside Golden Morn - Michael Taiwo by Frezhkid10(m): 5:03pm On Jun 02
OP there is a contact number on the pack for complains…have you called the number??..
It’s even a toll free line so you don’t need airtime to dail.
Call before posting on Social media!!!!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Watch Almajiri Children Scramble For Remnants Of Food Left By A Man / Which Nigerian Food Would You Confidently Offer A Foreigner? (pics) / African Civet, Grass Cutter: The Bush Animals God Of The Forest Blessed Us With

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.