Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,181,635 members, 7,914,710 topics. Date: Thursday, 08 August 2024 at 10:38 AM

Minimum Wage: Strike Begins As National Assembly's Intervention Fails - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Minimum Wage: Strike Begins As National Assembly's Intervention Fails (12569 Views)

Nationwide Strike Begins Monday Midnight - NLC, TUC / Minimum Wage Strike: FG Reacts To The NLC 14-Day Ultimatum / New Minimum Wage Nationwide Strike Begins September 26 – Nigeria Labour Congress (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Minimum Wage: Strike Begins As National Assembly's Intervention Fails by Judolisco(m): 7:54am On Jun 03
Max na Wednesday dem go call am off.... Useless labour union
Re: Minimum Wage: Strike Begins As National Assembly's Intervention Fails by Olichoke: 7:54am On Jun 03
Hope they won't call it off tonight?

The present NLC's leadership is a joke in my opinion.
Re: Minimum Wage: Strike Begins As National Assembly's Intervention Fails by Franchise21(m): 7:54am On Jun 03
helinues:
It go flop as usual

https://www.nairaland.com/8112820/another-flopped-nlc-tuc-strike
Bateria, advice your President to do the needful

2 Likes

Re: Minimum Wage: Strike Begins As National Assembly's Intervention Fails by Callosobruchus(m): 7:54am On Jun 03
In as much as I want the increment of minimum wage which will reflect the present economic realities I'm still not impressed with how the NLC and TUC are going about it.This is glaringly becoming political,it's an LP vs APC battle.They don't really care about us whether we live or die,they're just struggling to look for what will help them and their families.This reminds me of Emefiele's cashless policy prior to the general elections.
Re: Minimum Wage: Strike Begins As National Assembly's Intervention Fails by Procashtips(m): 7:56am On Jun 03
helinues:
It go flop as usual

An enemy of the greater good spotted.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Minimum Wage: Strike Begins As National Assembly's Intervention Fails by oyeb15: 7:56am On Jun 03
Government is making almost #500 / 1 litre of pms sold to Nigerians yet nothing to show.

For d fools who think government pays subsidy in cash, Buhari government consolidated it in crude oil payment for many years. Tinubu feel Nigerians don't deserve d grace of cheap fuel at d expense of their revenue. So, he increased fuel price to generate more revenue from Nigerians.

The only solution is government to look elsewhere to generate revenue and let Nigerians get their fuel cheap. We owned d crude.

Diversify d economy to agriculture
Federalism is too expensive
Bicameral legislature is a waste
Ministers of and ministers for is wastage
Government officials must fall under minimum wage
Sell or cede some states like Bornu , Adamawa,yobe , Katsina sokoto, zamfara to other countries
States with no economic value should be merged with others.
One federal senator is ok for each state

Politics should not be job. Create an enabling environment so people can find something doing.

No country can progress with expensive energy.

3 Likes

Re: Minimum Wage: Strike Begins As National Assembly's Intervention Fails by Ijaya123: 7:57am On Jun 03
What Labour is asking for is unrealistic. Half a million every month as minimum wage? Common!
Re: Minimum Wage: Strike Begins As National Assembly's Intervention Fails by phemmie06(m): 7:57am On Jun 03
[sup][/sup]
Re: Minimum Wage: Strike Begins As National Assembly's Intervention Fails by coputa(m): 7:57am On Jun 03
89green:
grin Nigeria should have left all this strike nonsense behind, high time our leaders begin to put things in place, cost of everything has risen but minimum wage remains the same.

Even those who earn 200k,300k per month are bitterly complaining
Salary increase will not solve the problem,there will always be a corresponding increase in goods and services
Re: Minimum Wage: Strike Begins As National Assembly's Intervention Fails by marca(m): 7:58am On Jun 03
Hmmm... Nigeria the country of abundance but lack the so called abundance... God help us heal our land and give us our daily bread
Re: Minimum Wage: Strike Begins As National Assembly's Intervention Fails by Kennedy97: 7:58am On Jun 03

1 Like

Re: Minimum Wage: Strike Begins As National Assembly's Intervention Fails by marca(m): 7:58am On Jun 03
Hmmm... Nigeria the country of abundance but lack the so called abundancy... God help us heal our land and give us our daily bread
Re: Minimum Wage: Strike Begins As National Assembly's Intervention Fails by Blitzking: 7:59am On Jun 03
Why can't someone make a placard and ask..is 900naira too much for you vote.....we will make it 50naira

Then another group make a caricature of the president...una neva see anything..
Re: Minimum Wage: Strike Begins As National Assembly's Intervention Fails by Emma1Oj(m): 8:00am On Jun 03
Paragon311:
Let's get it started....

It is about time Government needs to Man up and do the needful...

Everything, I mean absolutely everything is damn expensive....

To eat alone these seems like a fortune...
I begine to imagine, if working class are complaining this much, whats going on with jobless pple both married and single

2 Likes

Re: Minimum Wage: Strike Begins As National Assembly's Intervention Fails by phemmie06(m): 8:00am On Jun 03
I foresee inflation..
The Federal government has shown us the path to solve the nation's problem.

They have reverted our National anthem, so let them revert the value of naira and their take home pay
Re: Minimum Wage: Strike Begins As National Assembly's Intervention Fails by telleyway: 8:01am On Jun 03
coputa:
https://dailytrust.com/minimum-wage-strike-begins-as-n-assemblys-intervention-fails/

The speed with which nass take debate on old new national anthem and president's ascent almost on the same day.
What's keeping them from using at least a fraction of it to tackle the minimum wage since last year?

1 Like

Re: Minimum Wage: Strike Begins As National Assembly's Intervention Fails by Sleekfingers: 8:01am On Jun 03
Which strike ? Most people are going to work
Re: Minimum Wage: Strike Begins As National Assembly's Intervention Fails by donleo92(m): 8:01am On Jun 03
g
Re: Minimum Wage: Strike Begins As National Assembly's Intervention Fails by TemmyT002(m): 8:03am On Jun 03
Anytime NLC wants to go on strike, I don't take it seriously.
It's a total waste of time.
Nothing will happen.
If it happens, it will either flop massively or never last long.

1 Like

Re: Minimum Wage: Strike Begins As National Assembly's Intervention Fails by mairogo: 8:03am On Jun 03
Callosobruchus:
In as much as I want the increment of minimum wage which will reflect the present economic realities I'm still not impressed with how the NLC and TUC are going about it.This is glaringly becoming political,it's an LP vs APC battle.They don't really care about us whether we live or die,they're just struggling to look for what will help them and their families.This reminds me of Emefiele's cashless policy prior to the general elections.
A battle between LP and APC? I guess all organs of NLC and TUC like ASUU, NASU, COEASU, NUPENG, PENGASSAN, MHWUN, JUSUN, SSANU, NUBIFE et al that have joined the strike are all LP affiliates. Some of you prefer to play politics with the lives of Nigerians.

Come to think of it, if NLC and TUC are LP agents, what stops APC from winning the hearts of Nigerians and putting LP to shame?

2 Likes

Re: Minimum Wage: Strike Begins As National Assembly's Intervention Fails by aviara: 8:04am On Jun 03
Recall that Tinubu during the campaigns boasted that he will go ahead with his economic reforms despite the impact on the citizens. He said even if they strike for a long period, that won't make him give in to their demands.

This strike should ground this govt until it comes to term with reality and do the bidding of the people. I think democracy should be about the people.
Re: Minimum Wage: Strike Begins As National Assembly's Intervention Fails by Agboogashi: 8:05am On Jun 03
helinues:
It go flop as usual

You can say that again my dear.
Re: Minimum Wage: Strike Begins As National Assembly's Intervention Fails by sukar886: 8:08am On Jun 03
This is the worst governmemt, things are very hard

2 Likes

Re: Minimum Wage: Strike Begins As National Assembly's Intervention Fails by Akwamkpuruamu: 8:12am On Jun 03
helinues:
It go flop as usual

You say u de abroad and living a fairly decent life and earning money that can give you a living life. Yet you don't want workers in Nigeria to earn a decent living. If this isn't witchcraft, I don't know what else to qualify it

3 Likes

Re: Minimum Wage: Strike Begins As National Assembly's Intervention Fails by aviara: 8:13am On Jun 03
oyeb15:
Government is making almost #500 / 1 litre of pms sold to Nigerians yet nothing to show.

For d fools who think government pays subsidy in cash, Buhari government consolidated it in crude oil payment for many years. Tinubu feel Nigerians don't deserve d grace of cheap fuel at d expense of their revenue. So, he increased fuel price to generate more revenue from Nigerians.

The only solution is government to look elsewhere to generate revenue and let Nigerians get their fuel cheap. We owned d crude. Diversify d economy.

No country can progress with expensive energy.

Tinubu prides himself as a master in revenue generation but the simple truth of the IGR of Lagos is that a good part of it is through EXTORTION. This is the model he wants to replicate at the national level that has brought untold hardship, crazy inflationary trend and misery to millions of Nigerians

TINUBU should RESIGN to save himself from further embarrassment

1 Like

Re: Minimum Wage: Strike Begins As National Assembly's Intervention Fails by edungene7: 8:26am On Jun 03
Governance is serious business it is not ran by propaganda APC is playing hide and seek Nigerians are in for a long ride of suffering
Re: Minimum Wage: Strike Begins As National Assembly's Intervention Fails by Oilwell(m): 8:32am On Jun 03
helinues:
It go flop as usual

Bros, like I said before you must have some mental issues.

PENGASSAN dey on full compliance over here.

1 Like

Re: Minimum Wage: Strike Begins As National Assembly's Intervention Fails by ambale(m): 8:34am On Jun 03
helinues:
It go flop as usual

You definitely cannot be a human Sha

Should we talking about flopping or make the government do the right thing?
Re: Minimum Wage: Strike Begins As National Assembly's Intervention Fails by Senprince100: 8:36am On Jun 03
They were able to buy bulletproof SUVs for themselves but can't solve the problem of a common man
Re: Minimum Wage: Strike Begins As National Assembly's Intervention Fails by Image123(m): 8:39am On Jun 03
Labour should be reasonable and realistic in their demands.

1 Like

Re: Minimum Wage: Strike Begins As National Assembly's Intervention Fails by Theoarhics: 8:45am On Jun 03
The last time we had a strike like this was when Jonathan was in govt. The stupid Waba former NLC president was romancing with Buhari and APC
Re: Minimum Wage: Strike Begins As National Assembly's Intervention Fails by SenecaTheYonger: 8:48am On Jun 03
Whalis:
I have said this before. It doesn't matter how much government agreed to pay workers as our leaders are wicked and know how to get back to us. For instance they can agree to pay 100k minimum today but go back to devalue naira making the 100k valueless.
Minimum wage in 1980 was about #100. #1 was $1.50 . So to say #100 was $150.
If workers had benchmarked their pay against dollar the minimum pay today would have been @$150.

This is a reasonable assessment.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

3rd Mainland Bridge To Be Closed For Repairs From July 1st - Nov 6th / SERAP Gives Buhari 14 Days Ultimatum To Probe Ganduje / Ramadan: Buhari Suspends FEC To Break Fast

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.