Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,173,119 members, 7,887,243 topics. Date: Friday, 12 July 2024 at 03:38 AM

Minimum Wage: Strike Begins As National Assembly's Intervention Fails - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Minimum Wage: Strike Begins As National Assembly's Intervention Fails (12514 Views)

Nationwide Strike Begins Monday Midnight - NLC, TUC / Minimum Wage Strike: FG Reacts To The NLC 14-Day Ultimatum / New Minimum Wage Nationwide Strike Begins September 26 – Nigeria Labour Congress (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Minimum Wage: Strike Begins As National Assembly's Intervention Fails by tuoyoojo(m): 9:10am On Jun 03
By tomorrow, the strike would be called off
Re: Minimum Wage: Strike Begins As National Assembly's Intervention Fails by Pat081: 9:39am On Jun 03
sevo:
nah tinibu go pay workers #494k? dey play...it is not in the heart of the wicked to do good
abi when he was governor of Lagos did workers enjoy him ? Capital NO talk less when he now has the power to Nigeria
Re: Minimum Wage: Strike Begins As National Assembly's Intervention Fails by opeldavid: 9:46am On Jun 03
Renewed hope in the mud. Renewed shege. APC has come to destroy this country.

People that were against labour going on strike b4 now, are no longer speaking against it. The suffering is now affecting everybody.
Re: Minimum Wage: Strike Begins As National Assembly's Intervention Fails by waziriinsurance: 10:25am On Jun 03
amidst the issue of economic hardship, insurance is thy only way out, insure your tommorow, call 09166742366 for all your insurance needs
Re: Minimum Wage: Strike Begins As National Assembly's Intervention Fails by Callosobruchus(m): 10:32am On Jun 03
mairogo:

A battle between LP and APC? I guess all organs of NLC and TUC like ASUU, NASU, COEASU, NUPENG, PENGASSAN, MHWUN, JUSUN, SSANU, NUBIFE et al that have joined the strike are all LP affiliates. Some of you prefer to play politics with the lives of Nigerians.

Come to think of it, if NLC and TUC are LP agents, what stops APC from winning the hearts of Nigerians and putting LP to shame?
You think all of these bodies you mentioned are willing to go on strike?Do they have a choice?APC winning the hearts of people eventually is not impossible.
Re: Minimum Wage: Strike Begins As National Assembly's Intervention Fails by garykoeman: 10:34am On Jun 03
Pat081:
abi when he was governor of Lagos did workers enjoy him ? Capital NO talk less when he now has the power to Nigeria

Did workers enjoy obi when he was governor.

Or otti who is still paying 18k are workers enjoying him too.
Re: Minimum Wage: Strike Begins As National Assembly's Intervention Fails by Pat081: 10:39am On Jun 03
garykoeman:

Did workers enjoy obi when he was governor.

Or otti who is still paying 18k are workers enjoying him too.
Na you can answer that question yourself
Re: Minimum Wage: Strike Begins As National Assembly's Intervention Fails by garykoeman: 10:40am On Jun 03
Labour are unrealistic with this demand.

Most state governors are still paying 18k minimum wage.

Ajero is being political and tribal with this demands.
Re: Minimum Wage: Strike Begins As National Assembly's Intervention Fails by HellVictorinho6(m): 10:50am On Jun 03
except tinubu and his team stop getting paid

4get

These strikes aint helping shit

embarassed
Re: Minimum Wage: Strike Begins As National Assembly's Intervention Fails by pek(m): 10:59am On Jun 03
I support this strike 100%. Minimum wage can't be less than 150,000
Re: Minimum Wage: Strike Begins As National Assembly's Intervention Fails by ItswellMike: 7:27pm On Jun 03
helinues:
It go flop as usual

https://www.nairaland.com/8112820/another-flopped-nlc-tuc-strike
Helinues and Seun are useless pigs .
E-warriors of the Drug Lord.
Afoonja
Ban me for all I care

Re: Minimum Wage: Strike Begins As National Assembly's Intervention Fails by DaddyYankee: 7:30pm On Jun 03
ItswellMike:

Helinues and Seun are useless pigs .
E-warriors of the Drug Lord.
Afoonja
Ban me for all I care
seun Osewa
dominique
mukina2
Lalasticlala
Mynd44
Rule 2
Re: Minimum Wage: Strike Begins As National Assembly's Intervention Fails by ItswellMike: 8:33pm On Jun 03
DaddyYankee:

seun Osewa
dominique
mukina2
Lalasticlala
Mynd44
Rule 2
Uwaka
Afoonja
Ban ban ban
Seun, Helinues and urself are PIGS
Re: Minimum Wage: Strike Begins As National Assembly's Intervention Fails by Exceed15: 8:44pm On Jun 03
Let the negotiation continues while the strike is still on - Good one from NLC president.
Re: Minimum Wage: Strike Begins As National Assembly's Intervention Fails by mairogo: 10:39pm On Jun 03
Callosobruchus:
You think all of these bodies you mentioned are willing to go on strike?Do they have a choice?APC winning the hearts of people eventually is not impossible.
If they aren't willing to go on strike, why did they join? Have you heard of any affiliate of both labour centres that pulled out of the strike?

Nigerians may be anything but I like how united they are on this matter, shows we can speak with one voice of we want.

I want APC to win the hearts of Nigerians, I want them to be responsive to the needs of Nigerians, that'slhow much I want my country to succeed irrespective of who's leading her.
Re: Minimum Wage: Strike Begins As National Assembly's Intervention Fails by Callosobruchus(m): 7:21am On Jun 04
mairogo:

If they aren't willing to go on strike, why did they join? Have you heard of any affiliate of both labour centres that pulled out of the strike?

Nigerians may be anything but I like how united they are on this matter, shows we can speak with one voice of we want.

I want APC to win the hearts of Nigerians, I want them to be responsive to the needs of Nigerians, that'slhow much I want my country to succeed irrespective of who's leading her.
If you know how the public service works then you'd understand that sometimes you just have to go on strike against your will inorder not to displease labour for you may need them in future.Am I against FG for not increasing the minimum wage?Yes.Am I against labour for fighting for an increment of the national minimum wage?No.Am I against the Ajaero led NLC for presenting an unrealistic figure inorder to make people suffer and make APC and Tinubu's regime unpopular?Hell yeah!!!This is politics 101,if you intend to know more about Ajaero go and meet any APC politician in Imo State and ask him or her about what happened prior to the last gubernatorial election in Imo.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Yar’adua Returns To Work Next Week - Associates / I Will Rather Kill Myself Than To Commit Suicide / Governor Okowa's Message To Obasanjo At 79

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.