Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,181,746 members, 7,915,070 topics. Date: Thursday, 08 August 2024 at 03:54 PM

Price Hike Forces Many South Africans To Dump DSTV - TV/Movies (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Price Hike Forces Many South Africans To Dump DSTV (25655 Views)

DSTV Price Hike: Five Alternatives Nigerians Are Opting For / Price Hike: Dstv Shuns Court Injunction, Retains New Rates / Why You Should Dump DStv For TStv (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Price Hike Forces Many South Africans To Dump DSTV by emynike2001(m): 8:07pm On Jun 03
I have stopped using Dstv since February this year.

Am not subscribing to them again, I think some Nigerians are yet to realise how hard its when you subscribe and still buy fuel to watch those channels and the worst of it all is the repetition of programs.

Funny enough in this midst of this sufferings we go through as Nigerians they still make life unbearable by their unreasonable price increase TOO BAD.

And their customer care will not stop calling your phone encouraging you to subscribe as if they are not sensitive to this harse economy realities or as if they don't know what we are passing through.

If south Africans boycott their services na we go embrace am?

I rest my case
Re: Price Hike Forces Many South Africans To Dump DSTV by annford: 8:25pm On Jun 03
Robertgreene1:
Interesting....l subbed my Gotv for #5100 last Monday.... something that was #4200 last month...the girl shocked me further when she told me that a Gotv decorder goes for 50k now... something l bought for #4500 way back in 2015 with one month free subscription oo when l was still in the uni...
Worse part is that the only channel l watch on Gotv these days is only Aljazeera news and sometimes football on Super Sports select finish...when I'm not busy working oo....all other channels are wack!!!
I asked the girl about startimes decorder...she told me it goes for only #13500 and with a sub of less than 4k l can enjoy better channels...
Please anyone that uses Startimes here...does it show Aljazeera news?
This Gotv don tire me...l wan port to Startimes!

Since you enjoy watching Aljazeera, you can still watch it on GOtv Smallie of N1,575. Just downgrade to that package and save some cash.

1 Like

Re: Price Hike Forces Many South Africans To Dump DSTV by youngsahito(m): 8:46pm On Jun 03
Robertgreene1:
Interesting....l subbed my Gotv for #5100 last Monday.... something that was #4200 last month...the girl shocked me further when she told me that a Gotv decorder goes for 50k now... something l bought for #4500 way back in 2015 with one month free subscription oo when l was still in the uni...
Worse part is that the only channel l watch on Gotv these days is only Aljazeera news and sometimes football on Super Sports select finish...when I'm not busy working oo....all other channels are wack!!!
I asked the girl about startimes decorder...she told me it goes for only #13500 and with a sub of less than 4k l can enjoy better channels...
startimes shows Aljazera but you won't get any premiership game. I will advise you to get the antenna if you reside in Lagos.

1 Like

Re: Price Hike Forces Many South Africans To Dump DSTV by Melagros(m): 10:25pm On Jun 03
Tareq1105:

I discouraged all my (7) neighbors and colleagues in the office from renewal of their DStv subscriptions.

I'm still campaigning against DStv anywhere I found myself.

Until DStv introduce Pay As You Watch. How can I subscribe only to travel on official assignment after 2 weeks, then came back and watch for just 4 days only for DStv to shut me out telling me to resubscribe.
My brother, let's do more about this matter
If I may ask, what is the way out of this quagmire? , cos I'm planning to port to Startimes
Re: Price Hike Forces Many South Africans To Dump DSTV by Ezmans: 10:38pm On Jun 03
jmoore:
They still have over 8 million subscribers which is more than Nigerian subscribers. Don't get carried away with the word 'DUMP' in the headline. Read the contents.

You are saying that Nigerians only come online to complain, do you have stats of Nigerian DSTV subscribers of 2022 and 2023? No, you don't. You are just making assumptions that they have not lost subscribers in Nigeria.
they lost many subscribers am one them
Re: Price Hike Forces Many South Africans To Dump DSTV by WannaHowzit(m): 2:14am On Jun 04
JaceBlaze:

R1.00 = N1500 but you believe SA can benefit anything from your currency?🀑

Many Nigerians cant afford a single meal nowadays πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚ And still they wanna compare themselves to South Africans πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ‡³πŸ‡¬πŸ‘ŽπŸΎπŸ‘ŽπŸΎπŸ‘ŽπŸΎ Bragging on a tinubulated hungry stomach πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚

2 Likes

Re: Price Hike Forces Many South Africans To Dump DSTV by jspinsight: 6:41am On Jun 04
Robertgreene1:

You can sub ur gotv for 3300 and still watch Ajazera News

1 Like

Re: Price Hike Forces Many South Africans To Dump DSTV by JaceBlaze: 8:06am On Jun 04
WannaHowzit:

Many Nigerians cant afford a single meal nowadays πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚ And still they wanna compare themselves to South Africans πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ‡³πŸ‡¬πŸ‘ŽπŸΎπŸ‘ŽπŸΎπŸ‘ŽπŸΎ Bragging on a tinubulated hungry stomach πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚

"Tinubulated" grin

Lord have mercy on whatever is remaing of the wildlife over there because the hunger in the land won't be untinubulated anytime soon😒

1 Like

Re: Price Hike Forces Many South Africans To Dump DSTV by WannaHowzit(m): 10:57am On Jun 04
JaceBlaze:

"Tinubulated" grin

Lord have mercy on whatever is remaing of the wildlife over there because the hunger in the land won't be untinubulated anytime soon😒

😁😁😁

2 Likes

Re: Price Hike Forces Many South Africans To Dump DSTV by Phyde: 4:10pm On Jun 04
Nice2023:

It doesn't consume up to 5data a month.
I have android smart box. I don't understand the 5data a month you mentioned. Can you educate me more, sir.
Re: Price Hike Forces Many South Africans To Dump DSTV by GentleBosss: 5:10pm On Jun 04
Phyde:

I have android smart box. I don't understand the 5data a month you mentioned. Can you educate me more, sir.
i provide IPTV service. Check my ads for more Info
Re: Price Hike Forces Many South Africans To Dump DSTV by Phyde: 12:36pm On Jun 05
GentleBosss:
i provide IPTV service. Check my ads for more Info
Nice reviews on your ads. I am still playing around some latest builds on Kodi. That App is loaded with amazing stuff you can't finish exploring if you can get the right setup and strong network.
Re: Price Hike Forces Many South Africans To Dump DSTV by ThaRealist: 5:48pm On Jun 05
Bullfallo:
Since I bought android smart box.

I didn’t think I will subscribe dstv again.

Even in the western world cable tv have lost market share to data tv. Data tv in few years to come will remove cable tv from business. Data tv is the future once smart tv penetrate every household.

Data tv is much more expensive but you ger the quality of service like choice of what you want. And if you are streaming boring movies you can just stop it. You can reverse or forward movie. The control worth the price

Hey chief how can I get this, do you have a plug for this?
Re: Price Hike Forces Many South Africans To Dump DSTV by Bullfallo(m): 6:03pm On Jun 05
ThaRealist:

Hey chief how can I get this, do you have a plug for this?
buy from konga, jumia or jiji.

Search android tx box. Price ranges and base on 1gb ram to 4gb ram. Anyone below 30k is 1gb ram in respective of what the seller claimed. An app called device info will show actual ram and rom.
Re: Price Hike Forces Many South Africans To Dump DSTV by Phyde: 8:14am On Jun 06
Newly data subscription GLO sim with free bonus on all network call for sales. Sim will be
Reach out let's discuss if you are within Lagos.
Thanks

Re: Price Hike Forces Many South Africans To Dump DSTV by eraglory: 6:30pm On Jun 22
annford:

Since you enjoy watching Aljazeera, you can still watch it on GOtv Smallie of N1,575. Just downgrade to that package and save some cash.
Good evening sir.
Pls can u assist me with a token till next week when I'll be paid?

Since morning I've not had anything and there's no hope anywhere.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

#bbnaija: "If I Survive This Eviction, I Will Win" - Mike Tells Khafi / BBNaija: Seyi Banned From Participating In Future VETO Power Task / BBNaija: Hermes Nominates Phyna, Amaka, 3 Other Housemates For Possible Eviction

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.