Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,168,813 members, 7,872,706 topics. Date: Wednesday, 26 June 2024 at 08:16 PM

How NLC Power Disconnection Impacts Hospitals - Bearded Dr. Sina - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / How NLC Power Disconnection Impacts Hospitals - Bearded Dr. Sina (12047 Views)

Bearded Men Carry ‘More Germs Than Dogs’ ― Study / List Of Military Clinics And Hospitals In Nigeria / Little Girl Dies Of Ear Infection After 3 Lagos Hospitals Failed To Treat Her (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

How NLC Power Disconnection Impacts Hospitals - Bearded Dr. Sina by nlfpmod: 1:57pm On Jun 03
The Bearded Dr Sina has explained how the disconnection of power by NLC is affecting healthcare delivery in Nigeria:

Let me give you an update of what is going on in Hospitals now due to the NLC shutting light and the strike

I got to work this morning.

First, The Electronic Medical Record was shut down which means we didn't have access to patients and what was done and cannot do anything.

Pharmacies and Laboratory cannot function because they run on light which means patients cannot get their medications and get there.
So we can't really say what's going on in the blood.

Patients that had stroke, infection of the chest and many Organ infection cannot get scans

Xrays, CT scans , Abdominopelvic Uss cannot function again because they run on light

Pending reports and patients that need urgent Radiology scans cannot get it. Their life hanging and Doctors not being sure of what exactly is going.

Many elective surgeries canceled. I doubt there is a chance for emergency surgery.

As All personnels aren't entirely available. No Light to power to the machines in theaters

Let me mention. Accident and Emergency was in stark darkness like when God hovered around the Earth.

Dialysis center can't function since it needs light.

People that have kidney problems and need urgent dialysis cannot have it. Those on the waiting list who came from home to get their sessions cannot get it

They'd have to go home and look for alternatives.

I can't comment on the Paediatrics but I'd wonder Don't incubators need light for the premature babies?

What is going to happen to those that need emergency procedures.

Imagine the amount of people that will die

Oh to mention, the food and dietetics department won't be supplying food to patients since they are also part of the strike.

The wards will get empty, patients have been told what's going on. They are sad.. they are crying

But our hands are tied. What can we do?

It is so sad that the government is quite insensitive to the plight of people.

See the ricochet effect of a day's strike, see how heavy the health sector is hit.

See how many innocent Nigerians will suffer and die.
Typing this with a heavy heart.

Source: The Bearded Dr Sina

13 Likes 3 Shares

Re: How NLC Power Disconnection Impacts Hospitals - Bearded Dr. Sina by Mnewton(m): 2:00pm On Jun 03
Nigeria is currently on a bicycle seat:
Any minimum wage less than 200k, is same old story;
Politicians be cashing out like no man’s business while the masses are patiently waiting for the right time to revolt “suffering and smiling” indeed

37 Likes

Re: How NLC Power Disconnection Impacts Hospitals - Bearded Dr. Sina by billionman: 2:00pm On Jun 03
That's the ripple effect the strike will have on the general economy and healthcare

9 Likes

Re: How NLC Power Disconnection Impacts Hospitals - Bearded Dr. Sina by Kindness218: 2:00pm On Jun 03

10 Likes

Re: How NLC Power Disconnection Impacts Hospitals - Bearded Dr. Sina by DeltaOil: 2:00pm On Jun 03
Has there ever been light b4?

28 Likes

Re: How NLC Power Disconnection Impacts Hospitals - Bearded Dr. Sina by YoungLionken(m): 2:00pm On Jun 03
BAT's incompetency is crumbling everything in the country undecided! The old dingbat should quit now that he still can sad!!!

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: How NLC Power Disconnection Impacts Hospitals - Bearded Dr. Sina by Edoreborn: 2:01pm On Jun 03
Tinubu should bring back everything to where he met it..What of we that are not working? U can't even manage 500 per meal cos it won't do anything for ur body..In one area for kd,,na so people dey die everyday because of hunger n lack

27 Likes

Re: How NLC Power Disconnection Impacts Hospitals - Bearded Dr. Sina by Lindajames1010: 2:01pm On Jun 03
I’m looking for a UI/UX designer.
I have a job for you……. Pls DM

If you know someone that’s really good at it, you can as well DM too so you can connect us

2 Likes

Re: How NLC Power Disconnection Impacts Hospitals - Bearded Dr. Sina by zed7: 2:01pm On Jun 03
Nonsense. Which hospital in Nigeria has ever depended on Nepa? Every hospital has a generator, most even have inverters now.

This doctor is a slowpoke. I can understand the impact of no light in a developed nation, in this forsaken country, we have always provided our own alternative power.

The strike must go on. You can't be earning millions monthly while people can barely buy garri to eat. 60k is an insult to Nigerians, that's a mere $40, in a country where almost everything is imported.

You've saved billions by removing subsidy on fuel and electricity. Channel that savings to the welfare of citizens and not squander it.

61 Likes 6 Shares

Re: How NLC Power Disconnection Impacts Hospitals - Bearded Dr. Sina by Figger(m): 2:01pm On Jun 03
Nigeria is truly a zoo, no doubt.

6 Likes

Re: How NLC Power Disconnection Impacts Hospitals - Bearded Dr. Sina by Mo6M: 2:02pm On Jun 03
Which serious business individual depends on NEPA? Oga bearded, abegi go rest jor......

22 Likes

Re: How NLC Power Disconnection Impacts Hospitals - Bearded Dr. Sina by Ejyksneh(m): 2:02pm On Jun 03
Tinubu legacy at play.
Attrocities of sadwest Ewedu munchers in Nigeria cannot be over emphasized.

Yaríbas are cursed.....I have given all of them quite notice in my house, I will leave only the one called Oyebanke Bashorun because she rides my cock every night, even though she's a dirty type

2 Likes

Re: How NLC Power Disconnection Impacts Hospitals - Bearded Dr. Sina by NinjaMetahuman: 2:02pm On Jun 03
How is that even legal?

They need to have all the heads of labour arrested.

51 Likes 1 Share

Re: How NLC Power Disconnection Impacts Hospitals - Bearded Dr. Sina by yungchop: 2:02pm On Jun 03
Sometimes I wonder if these people think at all, isn't it obvious it's this same masses that you're fighting for that will still bear the result of any senseless action of thiers?? If una like make una no get light, these politicians send una?

6 Likes

Re: How NLC Power Disconnection Impacts Hospitals - Bearded Dr. Sina by skyman200(m): 2:02pm On Jun 03
Cha!!!!!, Federal government of Nigeria why??
Re: How NLC Power Disconnection Impacts Hospitals - Bearded Dr. Sina by ironheart(m): 2:02pm On Jun 03
You guys run on diesel, the fight is for your patients to be able to afford your service

5 Likes

Re: How NLC Power Disconnection Impacts Hospitals - Bearded Dr. Sina by bestman09(m): 2:02pm On Jun 03
This government is really insensitive.
Re: How NLC Power Disconnection Impacts Hospitals - Bearded Dr. Sina by sofeo(m): 2:02pm On Jun 03
Alright
Re: How NLC Power Disconnection Impacts Hospitals - Bearded Dr. Sina by komzy589(m): 2:02pm On Jun 03
We’ve never had it this bad🤦‍♂️
I’ve never been a supporter or believer of Tinubu and his party but I didn’t imagine he’d perform this poor

7 Likes

Re: How NLC Power Disconnection Impacts Hospitals - Bearded Dr. Sina by Sirkingsnado: 2:02pm On Jun 03
grin grin if you are expecting anything good from tinubu na you sabi

Baba wan make every one poorer

4 Likes

Re: How NLC Power Disconnection Impacts Hospitals - Bearded Dr. Sina by florianwirtz: 2:03pm On Jun 03
So Hospitals no get Gen?

5 Likes

Re: How NLC Power Disconnection Impacts Hospitals - Bearded Dr. Sina by NinjaMetahuman: 2:03pm On Jun 03
Mo6M:
Which serious business individual depends on NEPA? Oga bearded, abegi go rest jor......
small scale businesses rely on nepa.

How many small business owner can afford 600-1k for diesel or petrol?

3 Likes

Re: How NLC Power Disconnection Impacts Hospitals - Bearded Dr. Sina by tuoyoojo(m): 2:03pm On Jun 03
Them nor get gen ni
Re: How NLC Power Disconnection Impacts Hospitals - Bearded Dr. Sina by Danandosky(m): 2:04pm On Jun 03
It's a sad situation... The current government is insensitive

3 Likes

Re: How NLC Power Disconnection Impacts Hospitals - Bearded Dr. Sina by TemmyT002(m): 2:04pm On Jun 03
The only time APC takes an action that favors Nigerians is if they or their inner core member is are personally and thoroughly affected.
They have no care or passion for good governance.
They just want to be in power, have fun, and get rid of anyone who complains or tries to stop them.
They don't really care.
They Are Nigeria's big mistake.

3 Likes

Re: How NLC Power Disconnection Impacts Hospitals - Bearded Dr. Sina by iCauseTrouble: 2:04pm On Jun 03
Re: How NLC Power Disconnection Impacts Hospitals - Bearded Dr. Sina by wizelink(m): 2:05pm On Jun 03
This is really pathetic.
Re: How NLC Power Disconnection Impacts Hospitals - Bearded Dr. Sina by Enceladus(m): 2:05pm On Jun 03
Nah, let people keep supporting nonsense. Shutting off the national grid is just a fucking dumb idea from a dumb labour leader.

3 Likes

Re: How NLC Power Disconnection Impacts Hospitals - Bearded Dr. Sina by Skillsnigeria: 2:05pm On Jun 03
Hmmm
Re: How NLC Power Disconnection Impacts Hospitals - Bearded Dr. Sina by GlorifiedTunde(m): 2:05pm On Jun 03
Don't blackmail NLC

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Drug Or Injections: Which Do You Prefer? / New Strike Looms In Hospitals: JOHESU Gives FG 15-Day Ultimatum / Coronavirus: NCDC Says FG To Site Isolation Centres In FCT, 7 States

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.