Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,174,289 members, 7,891,333 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 July 2024 at 11:44 AM

How Wealth Was Measured Before Forbes List - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / How Wealth Was Measured Before Forbes List (990 Views)

I Just Measured The Size Of My Rooster For The First Time / Forbes Releases Top 10 African Richest Musicians In 2018 (see Full List) / 3 SECRETS of Confidence, Sex, and Wealth No One Wants Men to Know (Picture) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Wealth Was Measured Before Forbes List by Nonexisting1: 7:53pm On Jun 03
How our ancestors measured wealth.

5 Likes

Re: How Wealth Was Measured Before Forbes List by EreluRoz: 7:57pm On Jun 03
This is stressful, thank God I wasn't born during that time.
Re: How Wealth Was Measured Before Forbes List by Mariangeles(f): 8:13pm On Jun 03
Africa was very rich (in food and natural resources) and content, until white people came to corrupt the land.

They deceived the black man into believing and accepting that true wealth should be measured by how much paper (currency) one possesses.

They succeeded in making Africa poor (especially mentally).

3 Likes

Re: How Wealth Was Measured Before Forbes List by ojun50(m): 8:19pm On Jun 03
EreluRoz:
No be only ooh
Re: How Wealth Was Measured Before Forbes List by obiekunie01: 9:14pm On Jun 03
EreluRoz:

not really.

African man marries more than 4 wives to give him o much children to farm his vast lands.

3 Likes

Re: How Wealth Was Measured Before Forbes List by Zonefree(m): 10:52pm On Jun 03
EreluRoz:
It's not stressful, you're just lazy.

6 Likes

Re: How Wealth Was Measured Before Forbes List by PerfectStranger(m): 11:47pm On Jun 03
EreluRoz:
Calm down,your step brothers and sisters will assist grin

2 Likes

Re: How Wealth Was Measured Before Forbes List by ednut1(m): 2:02am On Jun 04
Mariangeles:
Africa was very rich (in food and natural resources) and content, until white people came to corrupt the land.

They deceived the black man into believing and accepting that true wealth should be measured by how much paper (currency) one possesses.

They succeeded in making Africa poor (especially mentally).
somebody came to tell you. One umbrella is worth 100 slaves, one ogogoro bottle is worth 30 slaves. You accepted but you still want to blame the white man. No accountability 🥱

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Wealth Was Measured Before Forbes List by Sapasenator: 2:26am On Jun 04
I love the olden days, I for marry 20 wives and create an harem.

2 Likes

Re: How Wealth Was Measured Before Forbes List by Sonnobax15(m): 6:57am On Jun 04
grin
One foreign cockerel up there said it would be stressful grin.

She should be thankful to her stars she wasn't born during that era, cuz maybe Dem for even use her take exchange tubers of yam throway lipsrsealed

1 Like

Re: How Wealth Was Measured Before Forbes List by EmperorCaesar(m): 8:29am On Jun 04
Thank God for the white men
This is the siIliest way to measure wealth as you cant even assign true value to a bunch of these things in relative to other non-food resources

Trying to accrue wealth in this format would even lead to unneccessary buying up and owning of resources in a repetitive form, all in a bid to outdo others and to prove you are the wealthiest

The whites prolly got a lot of things wrong with us, but definitely not this
Re: How Wealth Was Measured Before Forbes List by Mariangeles(f): 7:57pm On Jun 04
ednut1:
somebody came to tell you. One umbrella is worth 100 slaves, one ogogoro bottle is worth 30 slaves. You accepted but you still want to blame the white man. No accountability 🥱

Are those what you were sold for?

(1) (Reply)

Coping In 'working-class' Courtship / Ladies Corner 3 / Women Cry All The Time!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.