Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,181,617 members, 7,914,668 topics. Date: Thursday, 08 August 2024 at 09:56 AM

Strike: Operations Resume At Lagos Airport - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Strike: Operations Resume At Lagos Airport (3925 Views)

Normal Traffic Operations Resume In USA / Airline Operators Suspend Shutdown Of Operations, Resume Flights / Nnolim Nnaji: International Flights To Resume At Enugu Airport Today (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Strike: Operations Resume At Lagos Airport by amoreobansu: 3:45pm On Jun 04
Aviation Unions have opened barricaded airport terminals, following suspension of an indefinite strike by the Nigerian Labour Congress, NLC, and Trade Union Congress, TUC.

Francis Akinjole, General Secretary of Air Traffic Services Senior Staff Association of Nigeria, ATSSSAN, said that the strike was β€˜relaxed’ for a week to enable the unions to continue talks with the Federal Government on a new minimum wage.

Mr Akinjole said that all blocked access points at the domestic airport terminals I (General Aviation Terminal) and II (Murtala Muhammed Airport II) and others had been opened.

Alale Adedayo, President General of Association of Nigerian Aviation Professionals, ANAP, said that the organised labour had accepted Federal Government’s offer for continued negotiations.

Mr Adedayo said that flight operations had re-started on the domestic wing of the Murtala Mohammed International Airport, Ikeja.

The activities at the domestic wing are in full swing.

Passengers were seen boarding Value Jet, Ibom Air, Arik Air and United Nigeria Airline at Murtala Mohammed Airport II managed by Bi-Courtney Aviation Services Ltd.

Muyioluwa Maraiyese, a Value Jet passenger going to Abuja, said that he expected the labour unions to barricade roads during the strike to disallow road transport since they disrupted flight operations.

However, at the Lagos to Abuja check-in stand of the Air Peace, it was announced that flights had been re-scheduled.

An aggrieved passenger of the airline, Monalisa Phillip said that the airline did not give any reason for the flight re-scheduling.

NAN reports that the NLC and TUC on Tuesday suspended the indefinite strike for a week to enable continued negotiations with the Federal Government on a new minimum wage.

The unions embarked on the strike on Monday following inconclusiveness of negotiations on a new minimum wage.

https://dailynigerian.com/strike-operations-resume-lagos/

6 Likes

Re: Strike: Operations Resume At Lagos Airport by Holyfic: 4:11pm On Jun 04
Wen Dem go bring light embarassed

7 Likes

Re: Strike: Operations Resume At Lagos Airport by 0001Lagos: 4:12pm On Jun 04
Good to know
Re: Strike: Operations Resume At Lagos Airport by EmperorCaesar(m): 5:06pm On Jun 04
Holyfic:

The most important thing for now

5 Likes

Re: Strike: Operations Resume At Lagos Airport by idanone(m): 6:53am On Jun 05
God bless Nigerians, may our labour not be in vain.

2 Likes

Re: Strike: Operations Resume At Lagos Airport by Judolisco(m): 6:53am On Jun 05
Labour union don carry una handicap again grin
1 day strike and yet nothing to show for it, d federal government will go to court to block any further attempts to go on an industrial action....

1 Like

Re: Strike: Operations Resume At Lagos Airport by jiz: 6:53am On Jun 05
GEJ is indeed a kind man, then strike revert the fuel to 97/L and further reduce to 87/L. APC mock him that he gave us 10naira change grin grin. Strike will only be effective when you have kind hearted president unlike this heartless man.....Buhari is cluless and Tinubu is heartless. APC praise singer can go to hell

7 Likes

Re: Strike: Operations Resume At Lagos Airport by wizelink(m): 6:53am On Jun 05
Hmm
Re: Strike: Operations Resume At Lagos Airport by Peakdesign23(m): 6:54am On Jun 05
Whatever! I’m glad that we had light yesterday.
Re: Strike: Operations Resume At Lagos Airport by tunwadanta: 6:54am On Jun 05
They chickened out as expected!

1 Like

Re: Strike: Operations Resume At Lagos Airport by Bobloco: 6:54am On Jun 05
I must commend the NLC/TUC and Nigerians of goodwill for their support in making this strike action a success.

Strike action seems to be the only language the government understands.

1 Like

Re: Strike: Operations Resume At Lagos Airport by jiz: 6:55am On Jun 05
Restored since. Maybe you are on Bandit grin grin
Holyfic:
Re: Strike: Operations Resume At Lagos Airport by Omecio: 6:55am On Jun 05
Is alright
Re: Strike: Operations Resume At Lagos Airport by BigYash: 6:55am On Jun 05
Tinubu Nigerian Labor Congress (TNLC)
Re: Strike: Operations Resume At Lagos Airport by Judolisco(m): 6:56am On Jun 05
EmperorCaesar:

The most important thing for now
dem Don bring light for Abuja o
Re: Strike: Operations Resume At Lagos Airport by oche2020: 6:56am On Jun 05
Short lived strike, they should have grounded everything for a week... Government here only listen to strike, mostly when Airports are affected

2 Likes

Re: Strike: Operations Resume At Lagos Airport by BoldBrainz(m): 6:56am On Jun 05
Holyfic:

But there's been light since last night.
Re: Strike: Operations Resume At Lagos Airport by Whitecoal711: 6:56am On Jun 05
Useless strike, unserious NLC,
Them don collect
Re: Strike: Operations Resume At Lagos Airport by jiz: 6:57am On Jun 05
Ajero too get family grin grin you want make they use his head roast suya in this heartless APC regime
Judolisco:
Labour union do carry una handicap again grin
1 day strike and yet nothing to show for it, d federal government will go to court to block any further attempts to go on an industrial action....
Re: Strike: Operations Resume At Lagos Airport by jiz: 6:59am On Jun 05
To shut airport and shutdown national grid is a bold step. Strike is suspended for 5days....let's see how the future event will turn
oche2020:
Short lived strike, they should have grounded everything for a week... Government here only listen to strike, mostly when Airports are affected

3 Likes

Re: Strike: Operations Resume At Lagos Airport by iLoveYouToo(m): 6:59am On Jun 05
Una sure say grid never collapse?
Re: Strike: Operations Resume At Lagos Airport by Judolisco(m): 7:01am On Jun 05
jiz:
Ajero too get family grin grin you want make they use his head roast suya in this heartless APC regime
shey him no know dat one before him contest to be Labour president? To me dis is by far d worst Labour union, I've seen since I was born..... They removed subsidy without any provisions and NLC dey look for one year....one whole year o
Re: Strike: Operations Resume At Lagos Airport by AbuTwins: 7:04am On Jun 05
They don't want Muslims to go for Hajj before?
Re: Strike: Operations Resume At Lagos Airport by Ekaette1621990: 7:05am On Jun 05
Let me reserve my comment.

But I feel like commenting my reserves
In fact comrades, I have nothing to say.
😁😁😁😁😁😁😁

Anyway I laugh in Swahili πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚
Re: Strike: Operations Resume At Lagos Airport by MaziObinnaokija: 7:26am On Jun 05
sad May that Power grid strike πŸ•ERO and his IPOBIDIENTS PARTY if dey dare touch am again
Re: Strike: Operations Resume At Lagos Airport by Pootle: 8:56am On Jun 05
but light no dey
Re: Strike: Operations Resume At Lagos Airport by EmmyMaestro(m): 11:20am On Jun 05
They brought light but it is low current, this people want to blow someone's TV.

So this is what happens when they put off power grid and put it on again. Abeg they should not try it again
Re: Strike: Operations Resume At Lagos Airport by Patojargz: 4:12am On Jun 06
MaziObinnaokija:
sad May that Power grid strike πŸ•ERO and his IPOBIDIENTS PARTY if dey dare touch am again

Ur mumu don too much...
Re: Strike: Operations Resume At Lagos Airport by MaziObinnaokija: 5:51am On Jun 06
Patojargz:

My father's mumu don too much...
Re: Strike: Operations Resume At Lagos Airport by Patojargz: 6:41am On Jun 06
[quote author=MaziObinnaokija post=130328848][/quote] Useless OP

(1) (Reply)

Renewal Of Usa Visa / See What Happens To Some Nigerians Who Try To Cross To Europe Via Sahara Desert / Underwater Hotels, Places Around The World.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.