Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,189,453 members, 7,937,378 topics. Date: Sunday, 01 September 2024 at 10:58 PM

Pictures Of Arterial Road N20 Named After Wole Soyinka - Travel (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Pictures Of Arterial Road N20 Named After Wole Soyinka (30400 Views)

The Itakpe-Warri Railway Buhari Named After Goodluck Jonathan In Pictures / Young Man To Wole Soyinka: Leave My Seat - Tonye Cole, Mo Abudu, Kate Henshaw / 31 Roads In Lagos And The Famous Nigerians They Were Named After (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Pictures Of Arterial Road N20 Named After Wole Soyinka by Treasure17(m): 10:16am On Jun 05
BabaO2:

That is what is called real development.
Take development to the villages/people, same way he built Lagos, by opening up ipaja, lekki. vgc, aja, magodo, alaba international etc.
Lmao. What's the job of local government then? A president so obsess with roads is worrisome.
Re: Pictures Of Arterial Road N20 Named After Wole Soyinka by Treasure17(m): 10:16am On Jun 05
MaziObinnaokija:
sad don't mind dem.Abeg! U sight our online President OBI OF AGULU there?
Mtcheeew.
Re: Pictures Of Arterial Road N20 Named After Wole Soyinka by phemray(m): 10:19am On Jun 05
SoNature:

You don leave road commissioning begin dey talk about another thing. Let's talk about it.

Nobody actually knows people's stance on fairness, justice and equity until their own people are involved. We all know Sonyinka criticised Jonathan and Buhari. He called Patience Jonathan unprintable names.

The moment it got to the turn of his friend and tribesman who has made the economy much worse than he met it, instead of calling his attention to it, he's in the media all the time talking about Peter Obi. This is the same tactics BATerians employ here on Nairaland.

Shunning tribalism or being able to tell truth to power is a choice, education and travelling around the world cannot change it.

But let us be sincere in our saying and doings, have u ever seen any SE man that is honest and selfless without thinking of what will be his benefit first? They are everywhere and we can see them, they are not hidden Thier characters. Are they condemning Kanu' Actions? What did Obi said about IPOB? Why Kanu did not sponsored #Endsars in the SE? Why Lagos and instructed that Lagos properties be destroyed? Has he be condemned? Rather justifications. All Nigerian major problems started from them: the first coup, the first war, cessation agitation , #endsars, political instability, religion sentiments. Which one among these shows patriotism from the zone?I don't even know why they didn't allowed them to stay alone?. Now wole soyinka is not calling Tinubu to order? To reverse the subsidy and naira floating or what exactly?

2 Likes

Re: Pictures Of Arterial Road N20 Named After Wole Soyinka by Treasure17(m): 10:20am On Jun 05
Tareq1105:

Can children of hate ever be pleased? Tinubu do road, they're sad, he no do road, they insult him. All that interest them is Tinubu's failure and shortcomings. They've forgotten that Tinubu success is for their own good.
Judging by the premise of his administration, nothing about success here aside misery and with him as the president, no success at the end of the tunnel.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Pictures Of Arterial Road N20 Named After Wole Soyinka by Treasure17(m): 10:22am On Jun 05
77up:
Keep crying ๐Ÿ˜ญ
You too. And get a life kid.
Re: Pictures Of Arterial Road N20 Named After Wole Soyinka by tishbite42: 10:26am On Jun 05
Lithiumite:

Show us anywhere or anytime he has praised the tinubu govt or supported it.

Let others from other tribes too criticise tinubu, simple!!.....that man has been in the struggle for several decades and he deserves some rest,let others too take up from where he stopped,but u guys trying to disrepute his Laudable achievements and person is what is totally unacceptable....you would never hear any yoruba speak ill of the revered achebe or nwanpka even ekwensi.....
Shut up, bloody liar
Circa 2012, 2013, you vile humans insulted Achebe for documenting history in a book
You guys are the worst humans in Nigeria
Re: Pictures Of Arterial Road N20 Named After Wole Soyinka by Fearurcreeator: 10:33am On Jun 05
JohnnA1:
If you see how Wole Soyinka was denigrated on Facebook; falsehood spread about his credibility and Nobel prize, you'll begin to wonder if he would survive such hatred and vitriol.

This is a Yoruba man that fought, and even went to prison for the Igbos Biafran cause undecided

BUT WHEN GOD CHOOSES TO BLESS A MAN, NO HORDE FROM HELL CAN STOP IT!

Congratulations my Erudite Scholar.

Africa's FIRST, and Nigeria's ONLY Nobel laureate in Literature: Professor Wole Soyinka ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿพ ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿพ ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿพ

Igbos are ingrates

2 Likes

Re: Pictures Of Arterial Road N20 Named After Wole Soyinka by Treasure17(m): 10:39am On Jun 05
Felabrity:
Make president dey leave his office dey commission Road with ribbon in 2024
Imagine the pettiness.
Re: Pictures Of Arterial Road N20 Named After Wole Soyinka by Abimagicfine: 10:49am On Jun 05
CapitalLens:
President Bola Tinubu on Tuesday, 4th June commissioned the Arterial Road N20 in Abuja and named it the Wole Soyinka Way.

In his address President Tinubu said his heart was filled with joy and pride and commended the FCT Minister, Barrister Nyesom Wike and his team for their hard work and dedication to the development of the nation's capital.

The President also stressed the importance of investing in infrastructure to sustain the growth of the FCT and said the FCT Minister and his team were doing a great job in increasing the value of the FCT.

While describing Wike as an inspiration to many, the President commended him for proposing to name the road after Nobel Laureate Wole Soyinka who is also an inspiration to many across the world.

Oya Obideeots make una dey c'ry

2 Likes

Re: Pictures Of Arterial Road N20 Named After Wole Soyinka by Krankhead: 11:11am On Jun 05
Treasure17:
Ordinary village road is an achievement of a president in 2024. Unimaginable.
Sorry for your loss. Do you need Alabukun to calm.you down? Because your wailing continues till.2040
Re: Pictures Of Arterial Road N20 Named After Wole Soyinka by blueAgent(m): 11:13am On Jun 05
Tareq1105:

Must you have hand shake with him? What is important is to feel his good works.

Ironically you are feeling his works( Hunger)

ZOMBIE cool
Re: Pictures Of Arterial Road N20 Named After Wole Soyinka by EmmyMaestro(m): 11:16am On Jun 05
They are building nice roads with no landscaping angry angry
Re: Pictures Of Arterial Road N20 Named After Wole Soyinka by BrutusOj(m): 11:31am On Jun 05
But why is Wike's trousers always looking funny? He is working anyways, Abuja has a serious face lift now. Next should be taskforce enforcing 'keep Abuja clean' especially Wuse, Garki and parts of Asokoro littered with polythene bags.
Re: Pictures Of Arterial Road N20 Named After Wole Soyinka by Anatolia: 11:40am On Jun 05
The road is as ugly as Wole Soyinkaโ€™s heart.
Re: Pictures Of Arterial Road N20 Named After Wole Soyinka by Lithiumite: 12:32pm On Jun 05
tishbite42:

Shut up, bloody liar
Circa 2012, 2013, you vile humans insulted Achebe for documenting history in a book
You guys are the worst humans in Nigeria

That book was one of the best historical literary works by the great achebe...... anyone could have divergent views from the literary icon but that's where it ends,no civil Yoruba or human at that will ever disrepute the intellectualism of Achebe.
Re: Pictures Of Arterial Road N20 Named After Wole Soyinka by 7upnigeria: 1:10pm On Jun 05
Treasure17:
Ordinary village road is an achievement of a president in 2024. Unimaginable.

Maybe you need to list your own life achievement in ONE YEAR.
Re: Pictures Of Arterial Road N20 Named After Wole Soyinka by aalangel(f): 1:41pm On Jun 05
Mtcheww...
Re: Pictures Of Arterial Road N20 Named After Wole Soyinka by PHAYOL81: 2:55pm On Jun 05
This poster sha want make wailers cry to their bed tonight. See as road fine and it's in honour of their enemy. O ma ga o!
Re: Pictures Of Arterial Road N20 Named After Wole Soyinka by Quintessence44: 3:10pm On Jun 05
kingar:
They spent more than $60B, they forget that a transmission line is a super highwayโ€ฆ.. they could not even make a down payment for a roasted ๐ŸŒฝ

Donโ€™t take the fools on Nairaland as representative of Igbos.

I am Igbo and I love and admire the great Wole Soyinka, our world class Nobel laureate.
Re: Pictures Of Arterial Road N20 Named After Wole Soyinka by Arostar2023: 3:11pm On Jun 05
PHAYOL81:
This poster sha want make wailers cry to their bed tonight. See as road fine and it's in honour of their enemy. O ma ga o!

In 2025, a nation is celebrating the commissioning of an intercity road? I wonder what you guys will do when the coastal road is finished? I guess the US president will be invited to commission it tongue
Re: Pictures Of Arterial Road N20 Named After Wole Soyinka by Quintessence44: 3:13pm On Jun 05
Asiri1991:
That name won't stick. It is the symbol of cultism and its related vices.

You are from an ethnic group known worldwide for heavy drug dealing, with multiple daily arrests of your kith and kin, SO SHUT UP YOUR DIRTY HYPOCRITE LIPS THERE, you and your fellow Igbo bastards with the temerity to insult a great NIGERIAN like Soyinka.
Re: Pictures Of Arterial Road N20 Named After Wole Soyinka by fabolouz1(m): 3:50pm On Jun 05
These cats travel to other countries and enjoy good infrastructures but they can't replicate same at home .
Constructing this kind of road in a country's capital in this 21st century smacks of mischief .
Re: Pictures Of Arterial Road N20 Named After Wole Soyinka by ADSP116(m): 5:08pm On Jun 05
NIGERIA and AFRICAN only NOBLE LAUREAT.good that you still hammer weting they pain them mostly
JohnnA1:
If you see how Wole Soyinka was denigrated on Facebook; falsehood spread about his credibility and Nobel prize, you'll begin to wonder if he would survive such hatred and vitriol.

This is a Yoruba man that fought, and even went to prison for the Igbos Biafran cause undecided

BUT WHEN GOD CHOOSES TO BLESS A MAN, NO HORDE FROM HELL CAN STOP IT!

Congratulations my Erudite Scholar.

Africa's FIRST, and Nigeria's ONLY Nobel laureate in Literature: Professor Wole Soyinka ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿพ ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿพ ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿพ

1 Like

Re: Pictures Of Arterial Road N20 Named After Wole Soyinka by Asiri1991: 5:10pm On Jun 05
Quintessence44:

You are from an ethnic group known worldwide for heavy drug dealing, with multiple daily arrests of your kith and kin, SO SHUT UP YOUR DIRTY HYPOCRITE LIPS THERE, you and your fellow Igbo bastards with the temerity to insult a great NIGERIAN like Soyinka.

Be healed. Just finish your prescription; you will be fine.
Re: Pictures Of Arterial Road N20 Named After Wole Soyinka by WhiteWood: 6:02pm On Jun 05
SoNature:

You don leave road commissioning begin dey talk about another thing. Let's talk about it.

Nobody actually knows people's stance on fairness, justice and equity until their own people are involved. We all know Sonyinka criticised Jonathan and Buhari. He called Patience Jonathan unprintable names.

The moment it got to the turn of his friend and tribesman who has made the economy much worse than he met it, instead of calling his attention to it, he's in the media all the time talking about Peter Obi. This is the same tactics BATerians employ here on Nairaland.

Shunning tribalism or being able to tell truth to power is a choice; education and travelling around the world cannot change it.

Lol

1 Like

Re: Pictures Of Arterial Road N20 Named After Wole Soyinka by Treasure17(m): 6:42pm On Jun 05
7upnigeria:

Maybe you need to list your own life achievement in ONE YEAR.
Mtcheeew.
Re: Pictures Of Arterial Road N20 Named After Wole Soyinka by Treasure17(m): 6:44pm On Jun 05
Krankhead:
Sorry for your loss. Do you need Alabukun to calm.you down? Because your wailing continues till.2040
Not expecting anything reasonable from someone whose moniker is krankhead.
Re: Pictures Of Arterial Road N20 Named After Wole Soyinka by PHAYOL81: 7:33pm On Jun 06
Arostar2023:

In 2025, a nation is celebrating the commissioning of an intercity road? I wonder what you guys will do when the coastal road is finished? I guess the US president will be invited to commission it tongue

Sorry if my comment strike a cord, I never meant to hurt you. And I'm likewise sorry to let you know my celebration was misunderstood as I wasn't in such mood for the road constructed but for the honour given to a great SAGE naming such road after him. Hope you're happy now.
Re: Pictures Of Arterial Road N20 Named After Wole Soyinka by Arostar2023: 7:50pm On Jun 06
PHAYOL81:

Sorry if my comment strike a cord, I never meant to hurt you. And I'm likewise sorry to let you know my celebration was misunderstood as I wasn't in such mood for the road constructed but for the honour given to a great SAGE naming such road after him. Hope you're happy now.

Nothing personal friend.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

The Return Of Parked Tankers On Expressways In Lagos (PHOTOS) / Recession Bites Hard, My Experience On Arikair Yesterday / My Niger State Experience.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.