Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,178,399 members, 7,904,489 topics. Date: Monday, 29 July 2024 at 02:20 PM

My Childhood Trauma Is Affecting My Adult Relationship, What Do I Do? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / My Childhood Trauma Is Affecting My Adult Relationship, What Do I Do? (1525 Views)

How Has Your Childhood Trauma Shaped Your Adult Love Relationships? / This Is Affecting My Relationship / In A Relationship, What Statement Hurts You Most During An Argument? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Childhood Trauma Is Affecting My Adult Relationship, What Do I Do? by julietozy: 12:32pm On Jun 05
Okay, I’m Amara, a 26 year old girl, just living life. When I was six, my dad passed away, and it hit me hard. My mum, she was busy dealing with her own stuff, so I felt kinda left out in the cold.

Growing up, I started feeling like I wasn’t good enough, you know? Like maybe if I was better, my dad would still be here. It messed with my head big time.

As I got older, I kept looking for love in all the wrong places. I thought maybe I could fix things by finding the right guy, but it just made things worse. I kept ending up with guys who were all closed off, just like my mum.

But deep down, I was scared. Scared they’d leave me, like my dad did. So, I’d push them away before they had the chance.

Looking back now, I can see I’ve been holding onto the past too much. It’s like I’ve been stuck in this loop, making the same mistakes over and over again. But I’m starting to see things clearer now. If I wanna change, I gotta start with myself. I need to face up to my past, deal with the pain, and learn to love myself first. It’s gonna be tough, but I’m ready to give it a shot.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pjG7yR_k3wQ

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My Childhood Trauma Is Affecting My Adult Relationship, What Do I Do? by Auxtan(m): 1:07pm On Jun 05
You're already on your recovery phase for having identified what could possibly be the problem.

Now is time to keep doing what you feel will get you shake off this phase.

When you meet a guy, free your mind and learn to see him for who he truly is. He is not any other person but who you see him to be by relating with him.

Don't assume things, just try understanding him and with that you will get a better view if he is really what you want for a partner or not.

Success!

3 Likes

Re: My Childhood Trauma Is Affecting My Adult Relationship, What Do I Do? by Cesarr1: 1:51pm On Jun 05
julietozy:
Okay, I’m Amara, a 26 year old girl, just living life. When I was six, my dad passed away, and it hit me hard. My mum, she was busy dealing with her own stuff, so I felt kinda left out in the cold.

Growing up, I started feeling like I wasn’t good enough, you know? Like maybe if I was better, my dad would still be here. It messed with my head big time.

As I got older, I kept looking for love in all the wrong places. I thought maybe I could fix things by finding the right guy, but it just made things worse. I kept ending up with guys who were all closed off, just like my mum.

But deep down, I was scared. Scared they’d leave me, like my dad did. So, I’d push them away before they had the chance.

Looking back now, I can see I’ve been holding onto the past too much. It’s like I’ve been stuck in this loop, making the same mistakes over and over again. But I’m starting to see things clearer now. If I wanna change, I gotta start with myself. I need to face up to my past, deal with the pain, and learn to love myself first. It’s gonna be tough, but I’m ready to give it a shot.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pjG7yR_k3wQ
omor mine is worse o
tho im a guy
omor my own be say i be very attractive person like 8 / 10
no b say i no dey see fine girls , infact girls talk to me a lot , but i cant seem to keep meaning relationship with them wey pass Bleep , mayb na too much of redpill shit.. bro i cant walk with girl on the street o , cos i just feel all eyes on me trama shit and other stuffs im still trying to find answers to. tho i stammer mayb that one of the problem.
the mata long but keypad no fit talk much
just that in 2 days ill be 3 years younger than op
Re: My Childhood Trauma Is Affecting My Adult Relationship, What Do I Do? by chimzyyy: 3:22pm On Jun 05
just open up your heart and free old burdens
Re: My Childhood Trauma Is Affecting My Adult Relationship, What Do I Do? by lawalayo1a: 3:27pm On Jun 05
walking away from pain and focusing on things that bring happiness hould be your focus

1 Like

Re: My Childhood Trauma Is Affecting My Adult Relationship, What Do I Do? by Asavivian: 4:10pm On Jun 05
all i can is dont let your past determine your present and future most especially
Re: My Childhood Trauma Is Affecting My Adult Relationship, What Do I Do? by freemanq(m): 9:40pm On Jun 05
Meet your village king for advice, it will definitely help
Re: My Childhood Trauma Is Affecting My Adult Relationship, What Do I Do? by LexngtonSteele: 10:43pm On Jun 05
Amara... find a Yoruba Demon to ease your pain.

Don't compound your trauma by meeting someone that you will eventually drink corpse water or fight relatives over inheritance.

Another PLUS, he will take you out of a pit latrine to Lagos which is Heaven to you. grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My Childhood Trauma Is Affecting My Adult Relationship, What Do I Do? by julietozy: 4:45pm On Jun 10
LexngtonSteele:
Amara... find a Yoruba Demon to ease your pain.

Don't compound your trauma by meeting someone that you will eventually drink corpse water or fight relatives over inheritance.

Another PLUS, he will take you out of a pit latrine to Lagos which is Heaven to you. grin

grin grin grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My Childhood Trauma Is Affecting My Adult Relationship, What Do I Do? by Fahvvy: 3:01am On Jun 11
If your childhood trauma is still affecting you as an adult, then deal with it! undecided...
Re: My Childhood Trauma Is Affecting My Adult Relationship, What Do I Do? by Theama(m): 10:11am On Jun 11
Take it to God in prayer
See a therapist ( abi na psychologist)

(1) (Reply)

Love Or Money, Inward Beauty Or Outward Beauty You Decide / Your Partner Calling You With A Disguised Voice And A Blocked Number / Am In Love With Someone From A Different Tribe-i Smell Trouble.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.