Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,181,718 members, 7,914,964 topics. Date: Thursday, 08 August 2024 at 02:04 PM

Wife Insists On Having Separate Bedrooms After Wedding - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Wife Insists On Having Separate Bedrooms After Wedding (28107 Views)

Woman Impregnated Twice By Her Twin Brother Insists On Marrying Him (pics) / My Wife Insists No Sex Until Wedding Night Even After Our Traditional Wedding / My Wife Changed 2 Weeks After Wedding!! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Wife Insists On Having Separate Bedrooms After Wedding by EmmyMaestro(m): 4:38pm On Jun 07
Her reasons sound valid but it is still a no for me. It is good the argument came up before the marriage if not if it came later e no go funny.

Besides, i thought that separate rooms are for polygamous homes where all the wives will have their own rooms then when it is time for the meeting, Oga can tell anyone of the wives "I will see you tonight" or they can tell the man "your attention is needed"
Re: Wife Insists On Having Separate Bedrooms After Wedding by xtianchris(m): 4:39pm On Jun 07
Mariangeles:
Separate bedrooms in marriage is nonsense!
Couples who have separate bedrooms will hardly be able to resolve issues in their marriage (quickly).
Whoever wants a separate bedroom in marriage is selfish and simply not ready for marriage.
There's a motive behind every action
Re: Wife Insists On Having Separate Bedrooms After Wedding by ednut1(m): 4:39pm On Jun 07
Woman load fit contain one room Let her have her own room na. Then she sleeps in yours

2 Likes

Re: Wife Insists On Having Separate Bedrooms After Wedding by AskNgige2: 4:40pm On Jun 07
Jeon:
I support separate bedrooms .At least one suppose to have a private space and time.
No be everytime I go dy inhale someone's breathe, odour, or fart.
LMAO 🀣🀣🀣🀣 u
Re: Wife Insists On Having Separate Bedrooms After Wedding by freeman67: 4:41pm On Jun 07
Re: Wife Insists On Having Separate Bedrooms After Wedding by AskNgige2: 4:42pm On Jun 07
Reason why I suppose to abolish marriage,
But we can have kids, knack but live our separate ways..

Try friends with benefits and see how peaceful it is..

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Wife Insists On Having Separate Bedrooms After Wedding by Ishilove: 4:42pm On Jun 07
Mariangeles:

Very true.
I don't quite agree. I grew up in a family where my parents had separate bedrooms. It is when I started visiting social media that I discovered some couples have just one bedroom to themselves. All my childhood friends grew up with parents with similar ideals and all of them, my parents included are still waxing strong till date

8 Likes

Re: Wife Insists On Having Separate Bedrooms After Wedding by Harddiskng(m): 4:42pm On Jun 07
Jeon:
I support separate bedrooms .At least one suppose to have a private space and time.

Is either you are planning to get married to a dirty human or you’re already married to one.
Re: Wife Insists On Having Separate Bedrooms After Wedding by Lexusgs430: 4:43pm On Jun 07
He should allow her ........ It's a blessing in disguise......😜🀣

1 Like

Re: Wife Insists On Having Separate Bedrooms After Wedding by jaxxy(m): 4:44pm On Jun 07
She doesn't need her own room for any of that. if she needs alone time she can temporarily use a guest room not have her own room.

The man doesn't want to marry a stranger.

However to defense after cohabiting in same room after these issues become obvious or unbearable they both can workout a solution or agree on her having her room but it will be both their decision not just hers or else soon she will be asking for privacy that's completely abnormal in marriage.
Re: Wife Insists On Having Separate Bedrooms After Wedding by faithfull18(f): 4:45pm On Jun 07
To each, his own.
Re: Wife Insists On Having Separate Bedrooms After Wedding by hammer567: 4:46pm On Jun 07
MY BROTHER, AT LEAST THIS WAY, NOBODY GO TAKE KNIFE CUT YOUR PRICK, IF U DEY SLEEP.

MAKE SURE U LOCK YOUR DOOR WITH BOT AND KEYS.

NO MORE SLEEPING WITH ONE EYE OPEN AFTER U AND MADAM FIGHT.

3 Likes

Re: Wife Insists On Having Separate Bedrooms After Wedding by Obierika(m): 4:47pm On Jun 07
Negroid001:
I like this idea. E no good to dey see your wife every time. She go quick ugly for my eyes.
Too much familiarity.

Really? grin
Re: Wife Insists On Having Separate Bedrooms After Wedding by MASTAkiLLAh(m): 4:47pm On Jun 07
Argument that never happened.

No man will ever complain if his house has enough rooms and madam wants her separate corner, we all know they'll hardly sleep there except once in a while. It's usually women who insist on staying in master bedroom and rejecting the idea of their own rooms. You bloggers and content creators should stop lying for Africa cool

6 Likes

Re: Wife Insists On Having Separate Bedrooms After Wedding by spiceadole: 4:49pm On Jun 07
I SUPPORT separate bedroom in marriage.
My parents had it and still do.
My husband's parents still do.
There is ABSOLUTELY nothing wrong with separately bedrooms.

My husband and I have separate bedrooms.
Some times,we sleep In each other's room but we maintain our separate rooms.

Marriage is not bondage.
Sometimes, breathing space is required.

11 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Wife Insists On Having Separate Bedrooms After Wedding by LeeSmart: 4:49pm On Jun 07
Omor before i met my wife i use to date the daughter of the current CoS to the gov. of benue state, she told me daht if i eventually get married to her daht we're going to have our seperate bed rooms nd she was serious about, no be me u go do daht kind play with. Daht was how the relationship died a natural death.
Re: Wife Insists On Having Separate Bedrooms After Wedding by Theoarhics: 4:49pm On Jun 07
Make the husband no give her toilet infection

1 Like

Re: Wife Insists On Having Separate Bedrooms After Wedding by hafeeanubasy: 4:51pm On Jun 07
LilMissFavvy:
I didn't know issue of room can be a problem to a man. Most men who build houses usually include a room for their wife. Some who can afford renting enough space give madam a room, but here is a man, whining over nothing. Way back, my mum had her room, so the so called tradition that couples must share a room is not true. Lack of money is what make couples squeeze themselves into one room.

Majority of well to do modern women have huge baggages of clothes, shoes, make-up tables etc, so what size of room would be enough to contain a rich woman's properties?.

After marriage she can always go stay in another room to have her quiet time, or would he not allow it? Looks like the man is a narcissist.

Exactly!

Its not traditional.
Infact,Its western and whitish.

I grew up seeing my mum and dad staying in different rooms.I got married and I maintained it!

6 Likes

Re: Wife Insists On Having Separate Bedrooms After Wedding by spiceadole: 4:51pm On Jun 07
Ishilove:

I don't quite agree. I grew up in a family where my parents had separate bedrooms. It is when I started visiting social media that I discovered some couples have just one bedroom to themselves. All my childhood friends grew up with parents with similar ideals and all of them, my parents included are still waxing strong till date

Same with me

My parents still have separate bedrooms.
Many of my uncles and aunts operate same with their spouses.
It's this age of social media that makes it look abnormal.

1 Like

Re: Wife Insists On Having Separate Bedrooms After Wedding by nwakibie3(m): 4:51pm On Jun 07
But when they were into courtship they shared one bedroom anytime he visits the guy abi she no dey mensurate then

She has something to hide jare
Re: Wife Insists On Having Separate Bedrooms After Wedding by freeman67: 4:53pm On Jun 07
grin grin grin

That's your opinion and it's not bad. I think the husband should have his own separate room too. Where he will have his own lone time and arrange his own stuff since he is not clumsy and like his stuff arranged.

The masters bedroom will be like a stadium for match when needed. That way, no one goes to each others room. His own sibling too will not have any reasons to come the masters bedroom.

Whenever he wants his space he can just go there and be on his own. That is what is missing here.
Re: Wife Insists On Having Separate Bedrooms After Wedding by Didi2d(m): 4:54pm On Jun 07
It's a no no for me.

I have said it several times, any woman that clamor for separate room from her husband cheats.
She needs that privacy, that late night time, to call and probably do video chats with her boy friend or man friend. Period!
Re: Wife Insists On Having Separate Bedrooms After Wedding by McLizbae: 4:54pm On Jun 07
Two rooms for the couple is fine for many reasons. What I do not want is one calling it his/her room. It's just better be called a functional name such as work roomnor something.
Re: Wife Insists On Having Separate Bedrooms After Wedding by descarado: 4:55pm On Jun 07
All people that matters have separate bedrooms including our parents. The advantages outweighs the disadvantages unless you live in 1 or 2 bedroom apartments, you have no reason packing yourselves in one room

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Wife Insists On Having Separate Bedrooms After Wedding by Negroid001(m): 4:56pm On Jun 07
Obierika:

Really? grin

Yeah bro.
Re: Wife Insists On Having Separate Bedrooms After Wedding by Niok: 4:58pm On Jun 07
Well growing up we lived in a four bedroom flat in Lagos
My mum and dad had separate bedrooms
I only had vivid knowledge of My mum going to my dads room whenever they want to make love hahaha grin
Re: Wife Insists On Having Separate Bedrooms After Wedding by ElevationD: 4:58pm On Jun 07
Mariangeles:
Separate bedrooms in marriage is nonsense!
Couples who have separate bedrooms will hardly be able to resolve issues in their marriage (quickly).
Whoever wants a separate bedroom in marriage is selfish and simply not ready for marriage.

The person already included divorce when she signed on the wedding day.
She has things to hide that she does not want her husband to find out.
She may be gay and wants privacy with her gay partner.
Menstrual cramps generally cease after childbirth, so the excuse is not valid.
Her love or commitment is incomplete.
She will neither be loyal nor obidient.
Re: Wife Insists On Having Separate Bedrooms After Wedding by geewean(m): 4:58pm On Jun 07
So you like this no get body smell, breath and you no dey fart? Nigerian women so so dramatic and na why I dey happy Una dey meet Una match.

So what is marriage to you? Did your parents live in desperate rooms?

All these ghetto girl in shanty towns will demand a lifestyle their father never gave them from another man.

No wonder organ harvesters use you guys to cash out well .

Na organ harvesters go give you separate room and you wake up on day see say your kidney don disappear.

Na front page we go dey see Tori Tori Una no wan learn.I won't be shocked if you just finished writing NECO exams today ......πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚

Jeon:
Re: Wife Insists On Having Separate Bedrooms After Wedding by Etosha: 5:00pm On Jun 07
If you are not a deep sleeper and you marry someone that snore heavily... Well.
Re: Wife Insists On Having Separate Bedrooms After Wedding by timmyblue(m): 5:01pm On Jun 07
Most lesbians or bisexual as we have here in naija always want separate bedroom... She wan dey hide make calls and do rubbish
Re: Wife Insists On Having Separate Bedrooms After Wedding by descarado: 5:01pm On Jun 07
spiceadole:

Same with me

My parents still have separate bedrooms.
Many of my uncles and aunts operate same with their spouses.
It's this age of social media that makes it look abnormal.

Anybody who will cheat will cheat.
What people don't know is that too much closeness breeds suffocation and nobody wants that. Let your husband or wife breath. As for sex, it will always happen in any part of the house at any time, not necessarily at night. Heaven help you if your partner is the farting or snoring type cheesy

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Wife Insists On Having Separate Bedrooms After Wedding by Babastrong(m): 5:06pm On Jun 07
loveoris:
Is it such a bad idea though? I mean, to actually want separate bedrooms from your husband? Maybe his room bigger, the Master bedroom to accommodate both parties but another smaller separate room for wifey....just saying.

An intending couple got into a heated argument just a few weeks before their wedding when during a conversation the wife stated that she wanted her own bedroom. The man didn't take it to heart at first assuming she was joking, but soon enough realized the pretty lady wasn't joking at all. She meant every word of it. This ensued in a huge argument that dragged on for days. Members of the family and friends even got involved at some point. I remember my dad calling to ask me how I felt about the whole situation, my answer was pretty much simple- Give the young lady what she wants.

Hear me out!!!

Firstly, the space is not an issue, its not like they need to go buy or rent another house to accommodate this arrangement. They own a house of their own that has enough rooms that nobody uses.
Secondly, her reasons are very valid, which probably would be my reasons too. We don't always want to talk, be cuddled or argue, sometimes we just need our space to think clearly and enjoy the solitude. She went ahead to say she doesn't like herself during her menstrual phase so she stays away from everyone, doesn't go to work, she is just indoor writhing in pain and consoling herself. She would like to continue with that without having to bother or lash out at her husband simply because she is in pain. She made him understand that he is only fighting it because he has been conditioned traditionally that they must have the same room. However, if he is been truthful to himself he would realize that alone times can't be bought with money, doesn't mean they don't love each other anymore, it just means there is a need for recharge.

Her other reason was she wouldn't want her siblings or very close friends to ever have a reason to step into their matrimonial bedroom, which is the husband's room.
Her last reason, very valid too, is that she is quite a clumsy person, she looks for one outfit for the day and the whole place is upside down, her husband however is very neat freak and loves everything exactly how they should be. She said she wants to have her freedom and be able to have her things in a separate room, that way her mess is out of his face.

I personally think its a great idea for a woman to have a separate room that is hers, she can decorate it to her taste, have her me times, like her own closet. Even though most of the night I will be in my husband's room cuddled up, cos what is sleep without my man. But I'd love to know the option is there for me when I need to be alone for whatever reason. Moreso, the room is not going to be out of bound to my husband, he can always come in whenever he wants, the bed will be big enough for two, just incase the HS ministers to us right there....lol

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Is Bride Price Necessary After All These? / Why Are Some Men Abandoned By Their Wives and Children At The Old Age? / Should I Allow My Mum To Visit Us

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.