Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,181,736 members, 7,915,037 topics. Date: Thursday, 08 August 2024 at 03:18 PM

Wife Insists On Having Separate Bedrooms After Wedding - Family (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Wife Insists On Having Separate Bedrooms After Wedding (28111 Views)

Woman Impregnated Twice By Her Twin Brother Insists On Marrying Him (pics) / My Wife Insists No Sex Until Wedding Night Even After Our Traditional Wedding / My Wife Changed 2 Weeks After Wedding!! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Wife Insists On Having Separate Bedrooms After Wedding by Blendy77(f): 6:31pm On Jun 07
The woman is not ready for marriage. U can have a room but it should be ur excess luggage that is kept there and the room used for other things when needed. How can a man be married and still be alonely at night? Which kain nonsense be that? Issues n misunderstanding are easily resolved when together. This is my husband, He wont even answer u sef. That ur bedroom will be occupied by the 2 of you till u move back to the matrimonial room grin

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Wife Insists On Having Separate Bedrooms After Wedding by mechanics(m): 6:32pm On Jun 07
It's a matter of choice
Re: Wife Insists On Having Separate Bedrooms After Wedding by fredopareto(m): 6:36pm On Jun 07
lonelydora:
There's a difference between having a separate room and sleeping together.

If she will have her separate room and sleep with her husband, then, there's no issue. But is she wants to have her room and still sleep in that room while husband sleeps in another room, it's a red flag.

She wants to be doing dirty chats with her ex-boyfriends. She might even be a l*sbian.

sense no go kill u.. haaaa. Agba awo 97 senses..
Re: Wife Insists On Having Separate Bedrooms After Wedding by meobizy(f): 6:41pm On Jun 07
When time reach, I go cross the bridge. Pointless thread.
Re: Wife Insists On Having Separate Bedrooms After Wedding by descarado: 6:41pm On Jun 07
Innomach:
Common sense should tell you that it will be almost impossible to share same room, same bed with someone without having body contact or talks. But when you are in separate rooms, one can simply walk into his/her room, bolt the door and that's the end..... Certain issues are best resolved faster by intimacy than words.

Intimacy sweeps problems under the carpet. It does not solve it cos when it happens next time, you will lament that no solution was reached before. This is not girlfriend-boyfriend relationship but marriage.

2 Likes

Re: Wife Insists On Having Separate Bedrooms After Wedding by descarado: 6:44pm On Jun 07
Ishilove:

Yezzur grin
grin
Re: Wife Insists On Having Separate Bedrooms After Wedding by judedwriter(m): 6:47pm On Jun 07
This topic is for those who can afford a 2, 3 or 4 bedroom house! grin

Anyways, privacy is golden for introverts, but for Extroverts it is opposite! An introverted couple will always seek private rooms.
Re: Wife Insists On Having Separate Bedrooms After Wedding by Faposky95: 6:52pm On Jun 07
We4all:

The man is obviously a traditional man and wired in a certain way. If he doesn't like the idea, he should take a bow. It's not by force.

You're not married....!
Re: Wife Insists On Having Separate Bedrooms After Wedding by Atlantis585: 6:54pm On Jun 07
Either she is afraid of deek or she is getting it from another source.
Re: Wife Insists On Having Separate Bedrooms After Wedding by godofuck231: 6:55pm On Jun 07
Na to employ BBL house girl , only to serve him na , she can't send his maid on any errand while in 5he house ,all those hot Brazilian maids

Re: Wife Insists On Having Separate Bedrooms After Wedding by CaptainGo: 6:59pm On Jun 07
immortalcrown:
Who you are before marriage determines who you will be in marriage. Stop fooling yourself. My concept or understanding of marriage will not allow me desire to have a separate room when I get married.

You know nothing about marriage my friend.

Get married first. Revisit this post after 3 years, and you would understand why staying in different rooms is no big deal.

You cannot come and tell married people what works and what doesn't.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Wife Insists On Having Separate Bedrooms After Wedding by Defacto4truth: 7:00pm On Jun 07
Let her go and throw away her juju because no hiding place in marriage
Re: Wife Insists On Having Separate Bedrooms After Wedding by Bitterkola100: 7:01pm On Jun 07
Mariangeles:
Separate bedrooms in marriage is nonsense!
Couples who have separate bedrooms will hardly be able to resolve issues in their marriage (quickly).
Whoever wants a separate bedroom in marriage is selfish and simply not ready for marriage.
exactly what i used to think till my chairman got married.
Since they got married over seven years now with three kids they have been living in separate rooms, they have never had any serious issue, they do not quarrel and the woman is very loyal too.

To each their choice and whatever works for them, for me personally i can't live in different rooms with my wife.

3 Likes

Re: Wife Insists On Having Separate Bedrooms After Wedding by immortalcrown(m): 7:01pm On Jun 07
CaptainGo:
You know nothing about marriage my friend.

Get married first. Revisit this post after 3 years, and you would understand why staying in different rooms is no big deal.

You cannot come and tell married people what works and what doesn't.
You as a professor in marriage should use facts to counter my points.

1 Like

Re: Wife Insists On Having Separate Bedrooms After Wedding by SeriouslySense(m): 7:05pm On Jun 07
smiley smiley
Re: Wife Insists On Having Separate Bedrooms After Wedding by Goalnaldo(m): 7:12pm On Jun 07
hammer567:
MY BROTHER, AT LEAST THIS WAY, NOBODY GO TAKE KNIFE CUT YOUR PRICK, IF U DEY SLEEP.

MAKE SURE U LOCK YOUR DOOR WITH BOT AND KEYS.

NO MORE SLEEPING WITH ONE EYE OPEN AFTER U AND MADAM FIGHT.
Another angle grin grin
Re: Wife Insists On Having Separate Bedrooms After Wedding by chukkystar(m): 7:15pm On Jun 07
Mumu just full thread.. The writer obviously conditioned people's Minds to pick wanting a separate room. It's disrespectful if the Husband doesn't accept it. That's why I say couples must date minimum a Year before Marriage.. It's even Him that owns the House and She wants Her room now imagine if it's Hers wahala..
Re: Wife Insists On Having Separate Bedrooms After Wedding by Kingrshd3: 7:17pm On Jun 07
Jeon:
I support separate bedrooms .At least one suppose to have a private space and time.
No be everytime I go dy inhale someone's breathe, odour, or fart.

That's a sign u don't love ur partner or not really ready for the chess game called MARRIAGE šŸ˜”
Re: Wife Insists On Having Separate Bedrooms After Wedding by Kingrshd3: 7:18pm On Jun 07
AskNgige2:
Reason why I suppose to abolish marriage,
But we can have kids, knack but live our separate ways..

Try friends with benefits and see how peaceful it is..

Matured idea but may not build a true lovely family in disguise šŸ¤”

1 Like

Re: Wife Insists On Having Separate Bedrooms After Wedding by Kingrshd3: 7:21pm On Jun 07
LeeSmart:
Omor before i met my wife i use to date the daughter of the current CoS to the gov. of benue state, she told me daht if i eventually get married to her daht we're going to have our seperate bed rooms nd she was serious about, no be me u go do daht kind play with. Daht was how the relationship died a natural death.

U na correct guy because I can't imagine d wife I really want to get hold off anytime I like or want will request a separate room šŸ˜²šŸ˜³ meaning she ain't ready for marriage then make she dey go her mama house .

Rubbish šŸ˜”
Re: Wife Insists On Having Separate Bedrooms After Wedding by Sapasenator: 7:22pm On Jun 07
godofuck231:
Na to employ BBL house girl , only to serve him na , she can't send his maid on any errand while in 5he house ,all those hot Brazilian maids

Be very careful the kind of pictures you post here, You are distracting brothers like us, Just look at the middle for chrissake ?
Re: Wife Insists On Having Separate Bedrooms After Wedding by We4all: 7:25pm On Jun 07
Faposky95:

You're not married....!

I don't have to be in order to think smart.

1 Like

Re: Wife Insists On Having Separate Bedrooms After Wedding by Innomach(m): 7:38pm On Jun 07
Well, you may be right. But know that wahala for marriages no dey finish. If any marriage must survive, certain things must be forgotten or maybe pretend they never happened or they simply doesn't exist. Trying to reconcile difficult or in some cases, irreconcilable matters is the very reason marriages collapse. Marriage is so complex that no one can know it all to teach or advice because what works for couple A, might never work for couple B. But I can bet you, the only thing that works consistently is COMPROMISE and letting sercain things go.

descarado:

Intimaty sweeps problems under the carpet. It does not solve it cos when it happens next time, you will lament that no solution was reached before. This is not girlfriend-boyfriend relationship but marriage.

1 Like

Re: Wife Insists On Having Separate Bedrooms After Wedding by MarketDispatch: 7:38pm On Jun 07
loveoris:
Is it su a heated lady what she wants.

Hear me out!!!

lol

She simply wants her own room so that she can chat and talk to her ex and Sugar daddies without disturbance from her Husband...
Re: Wife Insists On Having Separate Bedrooms After Wedding by lekonso: 7:43pm On Jun 07
Nothing wrong in having a separate room for the madam. To me, it is an excellent arrangement. That doesn't affect your unity in any way.

2 Likes

Re: Wife Insists On Having Separate Bedrooms After Wedding by IJEYdiamond(f): 7:49pm On Jun 07
hammer567:
MY BROTHER, AT LEAST THIS WAY, NOBODY GO TAKE KNIFE CUT YOUR PRICK, IF U DEY SLEEP.

MAKE SURE U LOCK YOUR DOOR WITH BOT AND KEYS.

NO MORE SLEEPING WITH ONE EYE OPEN AFTER U AND MADAM FIGHT.

U are well oooo... shei u know..šŸ¤£šŸ¤£šŸ¤£šŸ¤£šŸ¤£šŸ¤£
Re: Wife Insists On Having Separate Bedrooms After Wedding by Etimemy: 8:00pm On Jun 07
We4all:

The man is obviously a traditional man and wired in a certain way. If he doesn't like the idea, he should take a bow. It's not by force.
What is the good thing about having a separate bedroom?
Re: Wife Insists On Having Separate Bedrooms After Wedding by Dada4me: 8:12pm On Jun 07
A woman died recently in her separate room after she developed complications in the middle of the night and could not reach out to the husband who was in another room, for help.
Re: Wife Insists On Having Separate Bedrooms After Wedding by bluefilm: 8:19pm On Jun 07
I prefer separate bedrooms
Re: Wife Insists On Having Separate Bedrooms After Wedding by Honestey: 8:22pm On Jun 07
She should have demanded for separate house or better still separate streets. Make she dey free and her husband too free kpatakpata. Happy married separate life

1 Like

Re: Wife Insists On Having Separate Bedrooms After Wedding by Plut0cracy: 8:24pm On Jun 07
loveoris:
Is it such a bad idea though? I mean, to actually want separate bedrooms from your husband? Maybe his room bigger, the Master bedroom to accommodate both parties but another smaller separate room for wifey....just saying.

An intending couple got into a heated argument just a few weeks before their wedding when during a conversation the wife stated that she wanted her own bedroom. The man didn't take it to heart at first assuming she was joking, but soon enough realized the pretty lady wasn't joking at all. She meant every word of it. This ensued in a huge argument that dragged on for days. Members of the family and friends even got involved at some point. I remember my dad calling to ask me how I felt about the whole situation, my answer was pretty much simple- Give the young lady what she wants.

Hear me out!!!

Firstly, the space is not an issue, its not like they need to go buy or rent another house to accommodate this arrangement. They own a house of their own that has enough rooms that nobody uses.
Secondly, her reasons are very valid, which probably would be my reasons too. We don't always want to talk, be cuddled or argue, sometimes we just need our space to think clearly and enjoy the solitude. She went ahead to say she doesn't like herself during her menstrual phase so she stays away from everyone, doesn't go to work, she is just indoor writhing in pain and consoling herself. She would like to continue with that without having to bother or lash out at her husband simply because she is in pain. She made him understand that he is only fighting it because he has been conditioned traditionally that they must have the same room. However, if he is been truthful to himself he would realize that alone times can't be bought with money, doesn't mean they don't love each other anymore, it just means there is a need for recharge.

Her other reason was she wouldn't want her siblings or very close friends to ever have a reason to step into their matrimonial bedroom, which is the husband's room.
Her last reason, very valid too, is that she is quite a clumsy person, she looks for one outfit for the day and the whole place is upside down, her husband however is very neat freak and loves everything exactly how they should be. She said she wants to have her freedom and be able to have her things in a separate room, that way her mess is out of his face.

I personally think its a great idea for a woman to have a separate room that is hers, she can decorate it to her taste, have her me times, like her own closet. Even though most of the night I will be in my husband's room cuddled up, cos what is sleep without my man. But I'd love to know the option is there for me when I need to be alone for whatever reason. Moreso, the room is not going to be out of bound to my husband, he can always come in whenever he wants, the bed will be big enough for two, just incase the HS ministers to us right there....lol

Iā€™m beginning to think I would want separate rooms. I swear there are just times I really hate people
Re: Wife Insists On Having Separate Bedrooms After Wedding by Peacefulguy90: 8:29pm On Jun 07
immortalcrown:
Nonsense! That means she is incompatible with the man.

Just admit that you don't understand the meaning of marriage and the level of commitment that is required in marriage. Anybody, whether male or female, who plans to not share a room with his or her future spouse will not be commited and sincere in the marriage. The inability or the unwillingness to share one room clearly means incompatibility. Quote me anywhere.

All the reasons presented in this article are childish. Only two of those reasons appear a bit reasonable but are not enough for someone not to share one room with his or her spouse. Let me address those two reasons.

Menstrual pain:
When she battles with the menstrual pain in her separate room, is the husband expected to check on her? If yes, why should she have a separate room? Is it not easier for the husband to check on her when they share the same room? Or should he not check on her? If yes, who will be blamed if she becomes unconscious and something goes wrong? If pregnancy disturbs her and she vomits and becomes too weak to feed herself or put her room in order, will the husband be expected to take care of her in the situation? If yes, it is wrong for her to use menstrual pain as an excuse to have a separate room. If unfortunately she becomes bedridden to urinate and defecate in bed, will the husband be expected to take care of her? If yes, why should she use menstrual pain as an excuse to have a separate room?

Giving her siblings and her friends access to her own room:
What will a married woman keep or do in her matrimonial home that her husband is not worthy to know but her siblings and her friends are worthy to know? Answer this very question if you are not supporting infidelity in marriage. Remember that infidelity is not only about sex.

Every other reason presented in the article is very silly. You know that you keep rooms untidy but you are not willing to adjust and learn how to tidy up your room. You now want to use that bad attitude as an excuse to have a separate room. Any adult that identifies his or her weakness and is not willing to work on it is very insincere and manipulative. Quote me anywhere.
Everyone for his or her taste.....for me,her room will be different, because,I hate so many artificial things women do use.....so,she should have her own

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Should I Allow My Mum To Visit Us / Is 700k Per Month Too Small? / Wives, What Would You Do When Your Husband Starts Beating You Up?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.