Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,191,581 members, 7,944,751 topics. Date: Monday, 09 September 2024 at 11:55 PM

Diane Rwigara: Kagame Critic Barred From Rwanda's Presidential Race - Foreign Affairs (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Diane Rwigara: Kagame Critic Barred From Rwanda's Presidential Race (13053 Views)

Rwanda’s Paul Kagame Wants A 4th Term / Rwanda's President Paul Kagame Approves The Retirement Of 924 Military Officials / Kagame Deports 18 Chinese Investors For Mistreating Rwandan Employees (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Diane Rwigara: Kagame Critic Barred From Rwanda's Presidential Race by ngwababe(f): 12:50am On Jun 09
DeepsightX:

Who told you Kagame is working? Propaganda.

They don't have 24/7 light?
Re: Diane Rwigara: Kagame Critic Barred From Rwanda's Presidential Race by Gerrard59(m): 6:31am On Jun 09
DeepsightX:

Dont be silly. What good job. Do you know his human rights record?
Mandela that did one term only and quit, was he a white man? Or not an African?

Dont support the sit tightism of African leaders please. Paul Biya is still there in Cameroun in his 90s. Too many others to mention in the past.
Its a bad thing. Its not a monarchy. Stop supporting it.

Paul is incompetent. Lee Kuan Yew lasted over 30 years before stepping aside. Guess who? His son. grin

If Paul is competent in terms of infrastructural and economic development, fine by me. Anyway, as someone stated, he is going nowhere so far he is on the same page as West is.

1 Like

Re: Diane Rwigara: Kagame Critic Barred From Rwanda's Presidential Race by Gerrard59(m): 6:33am On Jun 09
TEYA:

If the country works well then that's fine. How did Obj handing over to Yar'dua and then to GEJ and then to Buhari and Tinubu favour you? If OBJ retained power and Nigeria worked superbly well, how will that even be a problem? China got to where they are because Mao stayed in power for like 25 years. Singapore got this far because Lee Kwan Yew stayed in power for about 30 years. Kagame staying in power for about 30 years is serving Rwanda well too. Oyinbo deceived you into accepting democracy without any foundation, one president will be in power for 4 years and before he knows what's happening, it's time to leave, and in comes another one that will destroy everything he worked to build. We will never get anywhere that way!

Those countries, including Rwanda which is smaller than Niger state, are largely homogenous. Nigeria is too ethnically and religiously heterogeneous for a life long dictator in a democratic dispensation.

2 Likes

Re: Diane Rwigara: Kagame Critic Barred From Rwanda's Presidential Race by Tellmeastory: 8:21am On Jun 09
Lol
Re: Diane Rwigara: Kagame Critic Barred From Rwanda's Presidential Race by anonimi: 8:41am On Jun 09
Gerrard59:

Paul is incompetent. Lee Kuan Yew lasted over 30 years before stepping aside. Guess who? His son. grin

If Paul is competent in terms of infrastructural and economic development, fine by me. Anyway, as someone stated, he is going nowhere so far he is on the same page as West is.

Why are you so obsessed with infrastructural development without emphasising services and utilities as well as maintenance despite your own education and exposure in countries that have electricity, water & sanitation, healthcare, law & order etc functioning?

Is this why you expect us blacks to forever be inferior to whites for them to determine Biya’s reign rather than the people of Cameroon, as the people of Japan do for their PM

1 Like

Re: Diane Rwigara: Kagame Critic Barred From Rwanda's Presidential Race by DeepsightX: 9:27am On Jun 09
Topman7:

Mumu.... Kagame can reach any deal he wants with any country. The UK are paying him money to take in those migrants, and he needs skilled personnel, so it's a win-win.

You do NOT hate white imperialism. You are a liar.

If you hated white imperialism, you would reject western imposition of political systems and ideologies on Africa.

Why should their ideologies be sacrosanct?

These are the same people that raped your land for centuries.

If you used your sense, you would know that the only reason they could possibly be pushing this their 'western democracy' on you is because they know they can use it to exploit you, and infiltrate your system with their local stooges whom you will call the ''opposition''.

OR WHAT IS IT....?

You think they've turned a new leaf, and are now desperate to see Africa's rise and prosperity? grin grin

If they are, why do they retain TRILLIONS OF DOLLARS in looted African funds by their ''democratically elected'' stooges, and refusing to return the money and shut down the transactions loopholes?

Listen, Mr Man.

It's time you stopped being a bitch for these westerners.

You don't even know you're their bitch.

Learn from China.

When the west says 'Do A', China does 'Z'.

When the west says 'Do W', China does 'E'.

In fact Africa doesn't need to think too much about what to do to move forward.

Just listen to whatever the west says you should do.

And then do the opposite.

Maximum 10 YEARS, and Africa will be the replica of Heaven on Earth that it is meant to be.

The west is hypocritical and useless, yes. This doesn't mean we should embrace dictatorship. Did Paul Kagame not come to office via elections. Please.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Diane Rwigara: Kagame Critic Barred From Rwanda's Presidential Race by TEYA: 9:29am On Jun 09
Gerrard59:

Those countries, including Rwanda which is smaller than Niger state, are largely homogenous. Nigeria is too ethnically and religiously heterogeneous for a life long dictator in a democratic dispensation.
Homogenous and they almost wiped themselves out in an ethnic conflict? Excuse is the most abundant resource on earth. It is three major groups that are ruling this country, no excuse.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Diane Rwigara: Kagame Critic Barred From Rwanda's Presidential Race by anonimi: 9:59am On Jun 09
DeepsightX:
U are just a joker. If only you know how I hate white imperialism.

You are ssuming too much.

For u, once Kagame is against the West, he must have no opposition. That is idiotic.

The same Kagame that has done a deal for immigrants to the UK to be sent to Rwanda. OLODO.

Is it possibly a reflection of the barely evolved socioeconomic condition of many blacks, despite being educated and exposed to other cultures

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Diane Rwigara: Kagame Critic Barred From Rwanda's Presidential Race by Gerrard59(m): 12:17pm On Jun 09
anonimi:

Why are you so obsessed with infrastructural development without emphasising services and utilities as well as maintenance despite your own education and exposure in countries that have electricity, water & sanitation, healthcare, law & order etc functioning?

Is this why you expect us blacks to forever be inferior to whites for them to determine Biya’s reign rather than the people of Cameroon, as the people of Japan do for their PM

I mentioned infrastructural and economic development, not just the former. I am a capitalist, an unrepentant one at that. I am all for economic performance regardless of how the governing country is. Economic prosperity comes before knowing how to maintain infrastructure. Hungry people aren't interested in maintaining anything. And even after prosperity, they don't know how to maintain their infrastructures, well, you lease the maintenance to those who do. The koko is to be prosperous.

1 Like

Re: Diane Rwigara: Kagame Critic Barred From Rwanda's Presidential Race by Padipadi: 12:25pm On Jun 09
God1000:
This Paul kagame and Vladimir Putin of Russia are the same, very paranoid and despotic.

How can one man be ruling since 2000

I wonder o. Include Ayatollah Khomeini, Kim Jung Un, Burkina Faso military ruler and all those Arab league I must die there leaders too.
That Burkina Faso own just dey play with their constitution.
The truth is power is being misused everywhere in the world.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Diane Rwigara: Kagame Critic Barred From Rwanda's Presidential Race by Versal: 12:31pm On Jun 09
Africa is not mentally ripe for rotational governance.
Paul is doing well.
Let him continue.
Re: Diane Rwigara: Kagame Critic Barred From Rwanda's Presidential Race by anonimi: 12:40pm On Jun 09
Gerrard59:

I mentioned infrastructural and economic development, not just the former. I am a capitalist, an unrepentant one at that. I am all for economic performance regardless of how the governing country is. Economic prosperity comes before knowing how to maintain infrastructure. Hungry people aren't interested in maintaining anything. And even after prosperity, they don't know how to maintain their infrastructures, well, you lease the maintenance to those who do. The koko is to be prosperous.

I am also more of a private sector focused capitalist but understand the need to tax the rich progressively and make them donate for every single child to have free education and for every single resident to have basic healthcare, equitable law and order etc that are carried on by adequately educated and compensated workers.

Is this not a fundamental difference between us blacks in widespread poverty, and the rich races?

If you understand that, then why don’t you emphasise it in your posts

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Diane Rwigara: Kagame Critic Barred From Rwanda's Presidential Race by anonimi: 1:53pm On Jun 09
Versal:
Africa is not mentally ripe for rotational governance.
Paul is doing well.
Let him continue.

If Paul is not going to live forever, what will happen when he dies

Are you mentally ripe to contemplate and address this question?

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Diane Rwigara: Kagame Critic Barred From Rwanda's Presidential Race by Gerrard59(m): 2:12pm On Jun 09
anonimi:

I am also more of a private sector focused capitalist but understand the need to tax the rich progressively and make them donate for every single child to have free education and for every single resident to have basic healthcare, equitable law and order etc that are carried on by adequately educated and compensated workers.

Is this not a fundamental difference between us blacks in widespread poverty, and the rich races?

If you understand that, then why don’t you emphasise it in your posts

Your first paragraph is a very good strategy or development initiative. I like it. I think Singapore did the same with excess export earnings. Hopefully, Namibia and Guyana do the same with their oil revenues when the time comes.

I am not against such, but I am more interested in economic growth and subsequent prosperity first. You cannot tax your way to prosperity.
Re: Diane Rwigara: Kagame Critic Barred From Rwanda's Presidential Race by anonimi: 2:45pm On Jun 09
Gerrard59:
Your first paragraph is a very good strategy or development initiative. I like it. I think Singapore did the same with excess export earnings. Hopefully, Namibia and Guyana do the same with their oil revenues when the time comes.

I am not against such, but I am more interested in economic growth and subsequent prosperity first. You cannot tax your way to prosperity.

Based on what you know/may find out about South Korea, China, Japan, India etc economic growth and subsequent prosperity, is free basic education and healthcare critical to achieving it?

1 Like

Re: Diane Rwigara: Kagame Critic Barred From Rwanda's Presidential Race by Gerrard59(m): 3:49am On Jun 10
anonimi:

Based on what you know/may find out about South Korea, China, Japan, India etc economic growth and subsequent prosperity, is free basic education and healthcare critical to achieving it?

Those features came AFTER economic prosperity, not before.

P.S. India is a gigantic Nigeria that happens to show some signs of economic progress, although tardy.
Re: Diane Rwigara: Kagame Critic Barred From Rwanda's Presidential Race by anonimi: 12:48pm On Jun 10
Gerrard59:
Those features came AFTER economic prosperity, not before.

P.S. India is a gigantic Nigeria that happens to show some signs of economic progress, although tardy.

How do you get skilled and healthy workers to create economic prosperity if you don’t provide BASIC education and health care?

1 Like

Re: Diane Rwigara: Kagame Critic Barred From Rwanda's Presidential Race by Versal: 9:40am On Jun 12
anonimi:

You are asking your yeye question at a country that is doing way better than you.
This is the REAL definition of arrogance.
Re: Diane Rwigara: Kagame Critic Barred From Rwanda's Presidential Race by Versal: 8:42am On Jun 29
anonimi:

Says the idiiot who have a druggie, forger and rigger as a president.
Rwanda swallows your Zoogeria in terms of all development indices.
Re: Diane Rwigara: Kagame Critic Barred From Rwanda's Presidential Race by nairalanda1(m): 6:34pm On Jul 23
DeepsightX:

U are just a joker. If only you know how I hate white imperialism.

You are ssuming too much.

For u, once Kagame is against the West, he must have no opposition. That is idiotic.

The same Kagame that has done a deal for immigrants to the UK to be sent to Rwanda. OLODO.

Using the words joker and olodo shows you are a child of the gutter and not the child of respectable and good people
Re: Diane Rwigara: Kagame Critic Barred From Rwanda's Presidential Race by nairalanda1(m): 6:38pm On Jul 23
DeepsightX:

So you also assume that the entore population will have the same point of view on the performance of a leader.

You are just sick.

You are not a doctor, so you cannot state definitively if someone is sick.
Re: Diane Rwigara: Kagame Critic Barred From Rwanda's Presidential Race by nairalanda1(m): 6:41pm On Jul 23
DeepsightX:

grin

My issue is this guy goes around like a saint.

Like you do too
Re: Diane Rwigara: Kagame Critic Barred From Rwanda's Presidential Race by nairalanda1(m): 6:56pm On Jul 23
DeepsightX:

You are the one who is the slave of your wretched leaders.
And you will remain enslaved forever.

You dont deserve freedom.

If the simple principle that free oppostion is allowed is so distasteful to you.

You will be a slave forever.

When someone abuses you, the best you can do is ignore

BY abusing him back, you are basically becoming like him

You may feel a sense of power, but you have lost the war.
Re: Diane Rwigara: Kagame Critic Barred From Rwanda's Presidential Race by nairalanda1(m): 6:57pm On Jul 23
DeepsightX:

So you also assume that the entore population will have the same point of view on the performance of a leader.

You are just sick.

If you called your father sick , when he disagrees with you, I am sure he would teach you in the language you deserve to be taught in.

If you called your father a murderer, he would cast you out of the house.

See why you should not call others murderer.? Dear lad

It costs nothing to be kind, even online.
Re: Diane Rwigara: Kagame Critic Barred From Rwanda's Presidential Race by nairalanda1(m): 7:00pm On Jul 23
DeepsightX:

You are one of the reasons Africa will suffer for centuries.

Hmm, by this comment this means you think that he is

1.A god

2.He is very powerful to affect the destines of others

3.You do want to worship him....and build a temple to him

I did not know that annonymous members on a site had so much power.

I expect you to use the power of your hands to write an apology to me for calling me a murderer.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

In China, Women Train To Become Bodyguards For Billionaires / "South African Model Attacked Me With A Knife" - Zimbabwe's Grace Mugabe / The World Is In 'great Peril,' U.N. Chief Warns Global Leaders (video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.