Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,170,646 members, 7,878,893 topics. Date: Wednesday, 03 July 2024 at 08:54 AM

Japa: People Now Liquidate Investments, Savings To Leave Nigeria — Ali Baba - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Japa: People Now Liquidate Investments, Savings To Leave Nigeria — Ali Baba (27747 Views)

Lady About To Leave Nigeria Becomes Insane At Lagos Airport (Pix, Video) / Joe Abah: "If You Have Opportunity To Leave Nigeria In Your Youth, Do So" / $120,000 To Leave Nigeria Or 450,000 Naira Salary? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Japa: People Now Liquidate Investments, Savings To Leave Nigeria — Ali Baba by SoNature(m): 1:27am On Jun 09
Veteran Nigerian comedian, Atunyota Alleluya Akpobome, popularly known as Ali Baba, has stated that some persons now liquidate their investments to leave the country.

He also stated that many people in the entertainment industry have left the country in the last few years.

Speaking during an appearance on Channels TV’s Sunrise programme, Ali Baba stated that some of the people who left the country could have survived Nigeria’s current economic realities with the talents and opportunities they have.

He said, “When I said unpredictable, it is that some things that have been happening are things that people have not prepared for.

“So, you found out that people are now dipping their hands into savings, if there were any, and trying to manage their resources.

“Also, between January and now, out of 10 people that I said ‘they would not Japa’, you just hear somebody call you later and say, ‘Oh, you know, I’ve not been around’.

“And you say, okay, ‘when are you coming back?’ And they say they’re not coming back.

“I know about four comedians who have travelled and many more in entertainment who have travelled.

The sad thing is that some of these people who are travelling are some people who seemingly could have survived in the economy because of the talent that they had; the potential, and the opportunities that had come to them.”

The ace comedian also narrated how his friend left the country to give his children a better life.

“So, when you find those kinds of people leaving, they’re now thinking, ‘What do I have over these people that I’m still here? Right? Is it patriotism? Is it family ties? Is it hope and expectations?’

“But many people are liquidating investments and travelling,” Alibaba said.

“A friend of mine travelled two days after Valentine. We had a Valentine’s party, and he was there. Everything was okay.

“And then he called me in May to say, ‘Ah, how are you? How are you? How’s Nigeria?’.

“I said, You’re here, too. Then he said he left on February 16.

Benefits of japa
“I said, What happened? He said that he had weighed it over time, that if he was spending X amount of money raising three of his kids, it would be good if somebody took off the cost of education from him so that he could then express himself in other ways and have a good life.

“He also said that if you raise your children, and after you raise the children at the age of 21, or 22, you still have to take care of them, then it’s good to go to a society where if you raise them to 18, or 20, they can begin to take care of themselves or find work somehow.

“Besides, if you raise them in a certain country, by the time they’ve done four, five, or six years, certainty is what you can say about citizenship. So they then have dual citizenship, and you’ve opened more opportunities for them to survive and succeed.”

Source: https://www.vanguardngr.com/2024/06/japa-people-now-liquidate-investments-savings-to-travel-alibaba/

82 Likes 10 Shares

Re: Japa: People Now Liquidate Investments, Savings To Leave Nigeria — Ali Baba by SoNature(m): 1:28am On Jun 09
My biggest concern about leaving this country is starting a generation that will never return to their country ever again.

326 Likes 31 Shares

Re: Japa: People Now Liquidate Investments, Savings To Leave Nigeria — Ali Baba by Usmanovic95(m): 2:11am On Jun 09
This is more than just an exposé. Japa is not restricted to the poor people looking for survival alone, middle and high income earners are also involved now so they can have less years to take care of their children before they (their children) become independent to fend for themselves.

72 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Japa: People Now Liquidate Investments, Savings To Leave Nigeria — Ali Baba by helinues: 3:16am On Jun 09
The places they are running to, they would still need to work their ass off because no free things even in Freetown.

I am not discouraging those who want to Japa oo, but before you Japa, make sure you have degree/certificates that could earn you jobs immediately you arrived at your destination, have skills about things that can fetch you money.

153 Likes 14 Shares

Re: Japa: People Now Liquidate Investments, Savings To Leave Nigeria — Ali Baba by Lindlady: 3:17am On Jun 09
helinues:
The places they are running to, they would still need to work their ass off because no free things even in Freetown.
Do you want to travel and work in Freetown? Hurry up ok.

102 Likes 9 Shares

Re: Japa: People Now Liquidate Investments, Savings To Leave Nigeria — Ali Baba by ihavesense: 3:43am On Jun 09
helinues:

I am not discouraging those who want to Japa oo, but before you Japa, make sure you have degree/certificates that could earn you jobs immediately you arrived at your destination, have skills about things that can fetch you money.
Lol you are trying to sound reasonable but you are a tribalist.
I am sure that you don’t want to travel because you believe that tinubu will make Nigeria great 😆

193 Likes 16 Shares

Re: Japa: People Now Liquidate Investments, Savings To Leave Nigeria — Ali Baba by givedemwotowoto: 3:49am On Jun 09
cool

1 Like

Re: Japa: People Now Liquidate Investments, Savings To Leave Nigeria — Ali Baba by LordIsaac(m): 4:07am On Jun 09
helinues:

This is a balanced view😊

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: Japa: People Now Liquidate Investments, Savings To Leave Nigeria — Ali Baba by ebufa: 4:28am On Jun 09
SoNature:
My biggest concern about leaving this country is starting a generation that will never return to their country again.

why will they come back to a country where some people believe Nigeria belongs to them and their allies alone? People with a different or alternate views are summarily executed on the streets while protesting!!

Nigeria is where she is because the people themselves are nearly as wack as the clueless leaders!

84 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Japa: People Now Liquidate Investments, Savings To Leave Nigeria — Ali Baba by mrvitalis(m): 5:06am On Jun 09
helinues:

What the hell are you talking about ... When people without basic knowledge talk u just know

Someone in the UK who earns minimum wage and work 40 hours a week would live a betterore quality life that someone earning 10 timed minimum wage in nigeria

Don't even want to mention US or Austria or Germany

One hour wage can buy food stuff than can feed you for two days

113 Likes 11 Shares

Re: Japa: People Now Liquidate Investments, Savings To Leave Nigeria — Ali Baba by tuborme: 5:10am On Jun 09
People are traveling because they have no hope in this country anymore. Tinubu and APC has destroyed anything hope.

54 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Japa: People Now Liquidate Investments, Savings To Leave Nigeria — Ali Baba by prittyboi(m): 5:57am On Jun 09
The fact that I have to train ur children up to the university level and still be taking care of them thereafter is a thing of worry on its own. May God help us in this country.

117 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Japa: People Now Liquidate Investments, Savings To Leave Nigeria — Ali Baba by SisterAnn(f): 6:06am On Jun 09
SoNature:
My biggest concern about leaving this country is starting a generation that will never return to their country ever again.
That's true bro. Just yesterday I was telling someone that in my village, there'd come a time when the whole place would be deserted because everyone Japa.

If the parents grow old and decide to return to die here, the children would never ever return.

The country is messed up no doubt, but thank God some people still can survive no matter what. Japa for good is not my thing and I don't advice it. You can do vacations and studies but to Japa for good leaving my family ties is something I can't do.

42 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Japa: People Now Liquidate Investments, Savings To Leave Nigeria — Ali Baba by valentineuwakwe(m): 6:09am On Jun 09
One often wonders why our leaders will travel out n see how society is being formed n lived in, yet they return back to NIGERIA and still make things hard for us!

70 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Japa: People Now Liquidate Investments, Savings To Leave Nigeria — Ali Baba by SisterAnn(f): 6:11am On Jun 09
helinues:

I remember when you started bragging on this forum how you have left the country for your traducers. And I also remember telling you to shut the crap up. 🙄

72 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Japa: People Now Liquidate Investments, Savings To Leave Nigeria — Ali Baba by SisterAnn(f): 6:16am On Jun 09
ihavesense:

I am sure that you don’t want to travel because you believe that tinubu will make Nigeria great 😆
Helinues is just a funny little man you must be amused. There's a time the heat on him on this forum got so much that he started bragging that he's no longer in the country and has moved to a better place while his traducers were still stuck in one place. He was also using the line to justify why he sleeps and wakes on NL, citing timezone difference. 😅

59 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Japa: People Now Liquidate Investments, Savings To Leave Nigeria — Ali Baba by madone: 6:26am On Jun 09
grin the poor has just started what the rich have been doing for years. Why is everyone talking japa has just started lets sit back and watch.

9 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Japa: People Now Liquidate Investments, Savings To Leave Nigeria — Ali Baba by Mercenary123: 6:26am On Jun 09
ihavesense:

. That guy you just quoted is a state agent. He is doing exactly what he is paid for. To always redirect discussions and change narratives to favour the country

He is good at it

41 Likes 1 Share

Re: Japa: People Now Liquidate Investments, Savings To Leave Nigeria — Ali Baba by Mindlog: 6:36am On Jun 09
SoNature:

What of those who left their home state, lived and raised children in another state in Nigeria, when they die and their children manage to take them home for burial, many of those adult children don't get to visit their villages again after the burial as they have no emotional connection to the place.

Migration has its costs.

59 Likes 9 Shares

Re: Japa: People Now Liquidate Investments, Savings To Leave Nigeria — Ali Baba by Mindlog: 6:52am On Jun 09
helinues:

At least when they work their ass off, they get paid living wage for doing so.

A Nigerian standing 8hrs as a picker/packer in a UK warehouse, will live way more comfortable than a fellow Nigeria doing similar job in a Nigerian warehouse earning less than N50K monthly.

31 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Japa: People Now Liquidate Investments, Savings To Leave Nigeria — Ali Baba by ConfidentialDoc: 6:58am On Jun 09
SoNature:

Exactly
But me, I'm no longer concerned....

7 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Japa: People Now Liquidate Investments, Savings To Leave Nigeria — Ali Baba by maasoap(m): 7:03am On Jun 09
SoNature:

Look at it, do our leaders treat this country and citizens like they want the citizens who escaped to have the hope to return someday?

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Japa: People Now Liquidate Investments, Savings To Leave Nigeria — Ali Baba by Isokiscool(m): 7:07am On Jun 09
SoNature:
Me too.I too like this country but APC rogues don make am tire me

18 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Japa: People Now Liquidate Investments, Savings To Leave Nigeria — Ali Baba by Elusive001: 7:26am On Jun 09
ihavesense:

Don't be ridiculous!!!!!

Hell-anus can only survive where he receives handouts from the children of politicians he follows around and runs errands for.

22 Likes 1 Share

Re: Japa: People Now Liquidate Investments, Savings To Leave Nigeria — Ali Baba by Elusive001: 7:29am On Jun 09
maasoap:

Look at it, do our leaders treat this country and citizens like they want the citizens who escaped to have the hope to return someday?

Do some of the citizens care? Look at folks like Hell-anus, vulture meat griller, Bariwo yaramo, Seunmsg, etc who have consistently supported corrupt, evil men.

17 Likes

Re: Japa: People Now Liquidate Investments, Savings To Leave Nigeria — Ali Baba by franchasofficia: 7:36am On Jun 09
Nothing but the truth.

APC is a deadly cancer trying to kill Nigeria and Nigerians, the earlier Nigerians kill APC and whatever it represents, the better for Nigerians

16 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Japa: People Now Liquidate Investments, Savings To Leave Nigeria — Ali Baba by Houseofglam7(f): 7:40am On Jun 09
🥺🥺🥺🥺🥺🥺
Re: Japa: People Now Liquidate Investments, Savings To Leave Nigeria — Ali Baba by Felabrity: 7:41am On Jun 09
Tinubu is a disgrace to the people of yoruba

By 2027, they will have no choice but to banish him from their tribe.

23 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Japa: People Now Liquidate Investments, Savings To Leave Nigeria — Ali Baba by Skooltynz: 7:43am On Jun 09
Babyface no go agree with you that one na agbadorian.. cheesy
Re: Japa: People Now Liquidate Investments, Savings To Leave Nigeria — Ali Baba by franchasofficia: 7:44am On Jun 09
ihavesense:

He doesn't have the means to travel out of Nigeria.

Legal Japa is not for the poor or average Nigerians currently.

Can he afford at least 50million to Japa via study route to Canada or US, or 30million for UK?

Most of them supporting Tinubu are hungry tribal bigots doing it for dick measuring with Igbos online nothing else, deep down their lost souls, they are not happy with Tinubu and Nigeria but to spite Igbos and to show Igbos that Yorubas pass them in politics, they will pretend to be happy and doing fine, all na wash.

Even the ones living abroad and supporting Tinubu are among the poorest of the poor among immigrant population in the countries they reside. Don't be deceived by their famzing for Tinubu to spite Igbos. They are all feeling the heat and wishing otherwise but their dark hearts will never let them speak the truth so that Omo Igbo won't laugh at them, that is who they are

39 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Japa: People Now Liquidate Investments, Savings To Leave Nigeria — Ali Baba by helinues: 7:44am On Jun 09
SisterAnn:
I remember when you started bragging on this forum how you have left the country for your traducers. And I also remember telling you to shut the crap up. 🙄

You can't just turned trolling into a profession and be yarning dust all the time.

If person asked you proofs now, you no go fit provide.

Why should some of you be coming online daily with an aggressive mood?

You lied, troll, provoke others deliberately and na something you have been doing for years on this forum.

How have you been able to maintain your sanity with all these?

Make una dey consider the psychological effects of una activities on this forum

MajorOvakporaye:

Chronic liar!!! See how everybody don know you for this forum as lamba master. Someone who lives in a one room apartment in Oshogbo dey tell people say e don travel outside Nigeria. Ekperima!!!

As usual, the inferiority complex must make sure you switch monikers to revalidate yourself which na still as usual repeated bunkum.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

Torn Passport: Egypt Air Admits Error, To Pay Compensation / Cost Of Transport Around Lagos Major Routes For Workers - Cotenant.com.ng / Commercial Bus Veers Into Ubu Osigbu Stream In Anambra (Photos, Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.