Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,170,693 members, 7,879,028 topics. Date: Wednesday, 03 July 2024 at 11:30 AM

Japa: People Now Liquidate Investments, Savings To Leave Nigeria — Ali Baba - Travel (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Japa: People Now Liquidate Investments, Savings To Leave Nigeria — Ali Baba (27753 Views)

Lady About To Leave Nigeria Becomes Insane At Lagos Airport (Pix, Video) / Joe Abah: "If You Have Opportunity To Leave Nigeria In Your Youth, Do So" / $120,000 To Leave Nigeria Or 450,000 Naira Salary? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Japa: People Now Liquidate Investments, Savings To Leave Nigeria — Ali Baba by poseidon12: 6:11pm On Jun 09
fastseo:

Anyone earning minimum wage can't foot the bill of Japa. So let's take minimum wage story away.

Those that are miragrating (Japa) are the well to do and it cost millions and this people leave their jobs, sold houses etc and left when they get here depression set in as expectations are not achieved.

So you are not aware that some people are going through land like Libya via boat?
Re: Japa: People Now Liquidate Investments, Savings To Leave Nigeria — Ali Baba by appini: 6:13pm On Jun 09
My best decision, as a normal guy without any high end connections to upgrade in Nigeria.

Take a bold step now, because today is already your tomorrow.
Re: Japa: People Now Liquidate Investments, Savings To Leave Nigeria — Ali Baba by Villa12(m): 6:13pm On Jun 09
franchasofficia:
He doesn't have the means to travel out of Nigeria.

Legal Japa is not for the poor or average Nigerians currently.

Can he afford at least 50million to Japa via study route to Canada or US, or 30million for UK?

Most of them supporting Tinubu are hungry tribal bigots doing it for dick measuring with Igbos online nothing else, deep down their lost souls, they are not happy with Tinubu and Nigeria but to spite Igbos and to show Igbos that Yorubas pass them in politics, they will pretend to be happy and doing fine, all na wash.

Even the ones living abroad and supporting Tinubu are among the poorest of the poor among immigrant population in the countries they reside. Don't be deceived by their famzing for Tinubu to spite Igbos. They are all feeling the heat and wishing otherwise but their dark hearts will never let them speak the truth so that Omo Igbo won't laugh at them, that is who they are
lol grin

I don't know about the ones living in diaspora though BUT you see those living in Nigeria, 90% of them are living from hand to mouth

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Japa: People Now Liquidate Investments, Savings To Leave Nigeria — Ali Baba by onadana: 6:14pm On Jun 09
SoNature:
My biggest concern about leaving this country is starting a generation that will never return to their country ever again.

Like my son,I know he won't return back to Nigeria because he has no stake there.He never speaks about Nigeria and is not interested about anything Nigeria. He did Nursery Primary and secondary school in Nigeria but never had Nigeria at heart.He is gone for good.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Japa: People Now Liquidate Investments, Savings To Leave Nigeria — Ali Baba by cococandy(f): 6:14pm On Jun 09
What plan do you have to get yourself out of that situation?

You have to be strategic. You obviously didn’t migrate to stand in the cold 12 hours a day for the rest of your life. But nothing will be handed to you.

So have to make the opportunity for yourself and seize it
fastseo:

I speak from experience. Last week we had to contribute money to someon who sold everything and got here.
Children no food, house rent etc no de.

This is someone in a managerial position back in Nigeria. He has developed high blood pressure.

The hurrible shift jobs I do, I won't do that in Nigeria. But we have to encourage our self and move on.

Let me break it down to u... Can u stand 12hours cleaning with just 15 minutes break all night. Or all day. That's you won't sit down. Sitting down your supervisor will report as u are unfit for the job.

See Japa no easy oh

As I de type now I de go shift go work under cold and will do the job. Standing all through under minus degree.

For old men they should consider their age as oyibo no send u

1 Like

Re: Japa: People Now Liquidate Investments, Savings To Leave Nigeria — Ali Baba by DaddyJapan(m): 6:15pm On Jun 09
mrvitalis:

Do you want to bet on it? Let's do the maths sir
National living wage in the UK is 11 pounds

If you work 50 hours per week that's 555 pounds 2200 pounds a month

Your tax
First 1000 pounds is untaxed
1200 taxed at 18%
So you get 2056 pounds monthly

Outside the big city you can rent a one bedroom flat for 700 pounds... Utility 400 pounds

U have 956 pounds left

Food can't get more than 200 pounds, transportation 200 pounds

So it is now 50 hours and no longer the 40 hours you mentioned earlier, mrvitalis?
Are you aware that even the government makes a distinction between "minimum wage" and "living wage", with the latter being higher.

You really think someone earning 300,000 Naira in Nigeria - 10 times the minimum wage - will fair a lot worse than a minimum wage earner in the UK?
If you believe this to true, you need to get out and interact more with the real world. cool
Re: Japa: People Now Liquidate Investments, Savings To Leave Nigeria — Ali Baba by spacechuks(m): 6:15pm On Jun 09
ebufa:

why will they come back to a country where some people believe Nigeria belongs to them and their allies alone? People with a different or alternate views are summarily executed on the streets while protesting!!

Nigeria is where she is because the people themselves are nearly as wack as the clueless leaders!

The current structure since 1999 has failed us, yet the elites want to continue in it because it favours them,

Go back to regional government, make the president an inconsequential position, then you will see a turnaround,

Or better still, divide the country, let everyone focus on his area and eke out living for their unborn generation,

because if we continue this way, generation to come will suffer more than triple the way we are suffering now,

He who has an ear, let him hear,

Japa is not the solution, who will solve the problem if everyone japa,

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Japa: People Now Liquidate Investments, Savings To Leave Nigeria — Ali Baba by fastseo: 6:16pm On Jun 09
poseidon12:

So you are not aware that some people are going through land like Libya via boat?

Those ones I don't know what to classify them.

Don't ever think of that and it should be out of this discussion

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Japa: People Now Liquidate Investments, Savings To Leave Nigeria — Ali Baba by Usmanovic95(m): 6:18pm On Jun 09
cococandy:

Poor people can’t even japa. It’s upwards of 15-20 million to do so. Is that the definition of poor in Nigeria?

Poor people are stuck and it’s unfortunate

Once upon a time,japa was a means of escaping absolute poverty.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Japa: People Now Liquidate Investments, Savings To Leave Nigeria — Ali Baba by fastseo: 6:19pm On Jun 09
cococandy:
What plan do you have to get yourself out of that situation?

You have to be strategic. You obviously didn’t migrate to stand in the cold 12 hours a day for the rest of your life. But nothing will be handed to you.

So have to make the opportunity for yourself and seize it
You keep applying for jobs and what u get is unfortunately and you can't convert money to pay rent here. I did that for 4 months no be person tell me to leave IT job hunting to grab the one I see
Re: Japa: People Now Liquidate Investments, Savings To Leave Nigeria — Ali Baba by TheBillyonaire: 6:19pm On Jun 09
One-dimensional, one-generational wealth preservation future planning is an imbalance in a bloodline developmental process.

I will japa when Dangote, Tinubu, Peter Obi, Obasanjo, and my common sense japa. Otherwise, you all can sell your properties to me and fucck off in silence.

2 Likes

Re: Japa: People Now Liquidate Investments, Savings To Leave Nigeria — Ali Baba by Okechinwadike: 6:20pm On Jun 09
that's a typical Yoruba man, neither here nor there. this are the people singing praises to tinubu oooooo during election,how tinubu build Lagos now he is changing mouth like asari dokubo. useless set's of people

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Japa: People Now Liquidate Investments, Savings To Leave Nigeria — Ali Baba by RodgersAkpafu: 6:20pm On Jun 09
tshtsh:

If you find yourself in this situation one option will be to send your children to secondary school in Nigeria and plan to move back to Nigeria before they finish secondary school. This is why I personally don't see why people in there late 30s or 40s move abroad. If you move at 25 and return by age 40 when kids are still young you may have reaped the benefits of the japa and also be in a position to reap the benefits of japada

Well
different people with their different philosophy
as for people like me, our kids cannot grow up, or spend their formative years in Nigeria.
There is no advantage whatsoever in doing that if you ask me.

I want my descendants to lead Fortune 500 companies and that's where the entire focus is...
you can't lead a fortune 500 company from Nigeria so...

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Japa: People Now Liquidate Investments, Savings To Leave Nigeria — Ali Baba by fastseo: 6:21pm On Jun 09
RodgersAkpafu:

why will anyone have high expectations when leaving Nigerian?

jaapa is for those coming after us
it's not even about us
it's for the descendants

You sold your house, sold your investment and savings used everything to land and now start afresh.

Even the afresh is subject to emigration rules as you have to still try to fight to get a stay.
Mind this is a rat race that has been set up to allow very few people stay back and what gives u hope that u will 100% certain to stay back that gives u the moral to sell your investment
Re: Japa: People Now Liquidate Investments, Savings To Leave Nigeria — Ali Baba by Princedapace(m): 6:24pm On Jun 09
mrvitalis:

What the hell are you talking about ... When people without basic knowledge talk u just know

Someone in the UK who earns minimum wage and work 40 hours a week would live a betterore quality life that someone earning 10 timed minimum wage in nigeria

Don't even want to mention US or Austria or Germany

One hour wage can buy food stuff than can feed you for two days
How come the ones I know in the UK are complaining of stress, too much work and pleading with me to teach them tech skill that they are tired of working in Amazon store and all that? I am always surprised!
Re: Japa: People Now Liquidate Investments, Savings To Leave Nigeria — Ali Baba by osothermal(m): 6:24pm On Jun 09
helinues:
The places they are running to, they would still need to work their ass off because no free things even in Freetown.

I am not discouraging those who want to Japa oo, but before you Japa, make sure you have degree/certificates that could earn you jobs immediately you arrived at your destination, have skills about things that can fetch you money.
work! Work! Work! Some of you guys in Nigeria are so used to stealing, defrauding and all sorts of get Rich quick syndrome that Work becomes a strange thing to you. Developed nations are were they are because of the energies they put in to work. Even the holy book admonishes whoever wants to eat to work first. Here If you want enough money then there's enough work to earn it. In the UK, you'll see under 18 British folks earning lots of money working hard

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Japa: People Now Liquidate Investments, Savings To Leave Nigeria — Ali Baba by Villa12(m): 6:25pm On Jun 09
helinues:

Why are there still jobless citizens in the listed countries if that's how things work?

No dey argue blindly you this guy
lol

An ex NPOWER beneficiary don drop quote grin
Re: Japa: People Now Liquidate Investments, Savings To Leave Nigeria — Ali Baba by Okechinwadike: 6:25pm On Jun 09
Skooltynz:
Babyface no go agree with you that one na agbadorian.. cheesy
if awolowo is still alive most Yoruba we prefer him coming as a president even if he is 200yrs. as long as is a Yoruba man. they prefer economy to die and a Yoruba as the head. that's why we are different

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Japa: People Now Liquidate Investments, Savings To Leave Nigeria — Ali Baba by RodgersAkpafu: 6:25pm On Jun 09
fastseo:

You sold your house, sold your investment and savings used everything to land and now start afresh.

Even the afresh is subject to emigration rules as you have to still try to fight to get a stay.
Mind this is a rat race that has been set up to allow very few people stay back and what gives u hope that u will 100% certain to stay back that gives u the moral to sell your investment

Those who used canada express entry are already sure of their residency....

Those who used investment pathway to move to America are already settled
I wonder where these men saw over $1.2 million to process EB 5 green cards for America
Anyways they are bank men sha so maybe they have their ways

it's not everyone that is selling stuff and using student route (lazy man route for family men)

nonetheless I always encourage ppl to find proper ways to move

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Japa: People Now Liquidate Investments, Savings To Leave Nigeria — Ali Baba by RodgersAkpafu: 6:26pm On Jun 09
Princedapace:

How come the ones I know in the UK are complaining of stress, too much work and pleading with me to teach them tech skill that they are tired of working in Amazon store and all that? I am always surprised!

Because they are mostly mentally and intellectually lazy....
other groups of people are not having it as scattered as black folks out here
Re: Japa: People Now Liquidate Investments, Savings To Leave Nigeria — Ali Baba by mrvitalis(m): 6:26pm On Jun 09
DaddyJapan:

So it is now 50 hours and no longer the 40 hours you mentioned earlier, mrvitalis?
Are you aware that even the government makes a distinction between "minimum wage" and "living wage", with the latter being higher.

You really think someone earning 300,000 Naira in Nigeria - 10 times the minimum wage - will fair a lot worse than a minimum wage earner in the UK?
If you believe this to true, you need to get out and interact more with the real world. cool

Absolutely absolutely

300k a month

Lowest he can get 1 bedroom flat is 50k per month minimum in a city ... 250k left abi

Electricity bill minimum 20k
Gen minimum 50k monthly to live 30% of the standard of the UK

180k left Eating good meal 3 times daily would cost u 3000 minimum daily... That's 90k

90k left ooh.. Transportation to work say 30k

Subscription say 30k

30k is left
Re: Japa: People Now Liquidate Investments, Savings To Leave Nigeria — Ali Baba by ablejesus26(m): 6:27pm On Jun 09
ihavesense:

Lol you are trying to sound reasonable but you are a tribalist.
I am sure that you don’t want to travel because you believe that tinubu will make Nigeria great 😆

That guy is ono of the confused unreduced people will have in this Country 😁 they have been brainwashed to perceive ZOMBIESM as PATRIOTISM, standing with the same evil APC structure that is the greatest calamity to befall them and their family.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Japa: People Now Liquidate Investments, Savings To Leave Nigeria — Ali Baba by fastseo: 6:28pm On Jun 09
RodgersAkpafu:

Those who used canada express entry are already sure of their residency....

Those who used investment pathway to move to America are already settled
I wonder where these men saw over $1.2 million to process EB 5 green cards for America
Anyways they are bank men sha so maybe they have their ways

it's not everyone that is selling stuff and using student route (lazy man route for family men)

nonetheless I always encourage ppl to find proper ways to move

The way u talk i wonder.. investment pathway how many Nigerians have 1 million dollars in account. Do u have it?

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Japa: People Now Liquidate Investments, Savings To Leave Nigeria — Ali Baba by stacyadams: 6:31pm On Jun 09
prittyboi:
The fact that I have to train ur children up to the university level and still be taking care of them thereafter is a thing of worry on its own. May God help us in this country.

The useless urrcchins still cheering bad leadership won't understand this,but on the long run their empty skulls will reset..it's worrisome

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Japa: People Now Liquidate Investments, Savings To Leave Nigeria — Ali Baba by Angelfrost(m): 6:32pm On Jun 09
helinues:
The places they are running to, they would still need to work their ass off because no free things even in Freetown.

I am not discouraging those who want to Japa oo, but before you Japa, make sure you have degree/certificates that could earn you jobs immediately you arrived at your destination, have skills about things that can fetch you money.

Brother, let's be honest with ourselves for once...!

The subsidised welfarist system we operate in Nigeria is not done in any developed country, and it's not sustainable for growth and development.

1 Like

Re: Japa: People Now Liquidate Investments, Savings To Leave Nigeria — Ali Baba by Princedapace(m): 6:37pm On Jun 09
RodgersAkpafu:

Because they are mostly mentally and intellectually lazy....
other groups of people are not having it as scattered as black folks out here
You maybe right though because the compaints are too much, especially regarding stress.
Re: Japa: People Now Liquidate Investments, Savings To Leave Nigeria — Ali Baba by OChimex: 6:38pm On Jun 09
helinues:

US don't value your cert or skill set. But you can get any of these ASAP in the US, if you are legally.
Even Amazon delivery driving job, many would pay up to 5k for your tuition if you want skill or cert. So you work, get paid, chose your time and get a skill or cert. Many company will also employ you as apprentice. Pay you and train you, while you get your licence
But I tell you, there countless job opportunities that can pay you above $100k a year.
Re: Japa: People Now Liquidate Investments, Savings To Leave Nigeria — Ali Baba by SisterAnn(f): 6:39pm On Jun 09
MajorOvakporaye:

Don't advice people. Advice yourself. If I have someone like you as a friend, I will not hesitate to cut off from you. If you like live and die in Nigeria. Na you sabi. Not everyone wants to come back to this hell.
Cut me off cut your life wire. Waray
Re: Japa: People Now Liquidate Investments, Savings To Leave Nigeria — Ali Baba by RodgersAkpafu: 6:39pm On Jun 09
fastseo:

The way u talk i wonder.. investment pathway how many Nigerians have 1 million dollars in account. Do u have it?
I'm just saying that selling all your stuff for sturdy visa is ONE way to move
there are many many other ways to move, but our ppl always go for the low hanging fruit
Re: Japa: People Now Liquidate Investments, Savings To Leave Nigeria — Ali Baba by Mcslize: 6:40pm On Jun 09
These are some of the bitter truths all those discouraging others from their japa dream fail to understand. They don't always look at the bigger picture. They are so myopic and stereotypical in their reasonings.

2 Likes

Re: Japa: People Now Liquidate Investments, Savings To Leave Nigeria — Ali Baba by Villa12(m): 6:43pm On Jun 09
wolebest:

Take heed parents who JAPA all because you want a better life

Your children will enjoy dual citizenship but their affinity and connection to their home land may be lost forever.

Be careful.......!!!
who their home land help?
Re: Japa: People Now Liquidate Investments, Savings To Leave Nigeria — Ali Baba by RodgersAkpafu: 6:43pm On Jun 09
Princedapace:

You maybe right though because the compaints are too much, especially regarding stress.

I live in the United Kingdom so I know what I an saying. We do not have a community here as other groups do, and on that account alone, most of our people will for sure suffer.
Lemme give you an example

There is a south Asian business called Abu Bakr in my city
there is NO African business that operates on that scale anywhere in any direction in this city, and it's very very big city
they employ their ppl and support themselves

despite our level of our supposed smartness as we claim, why don't we have businesses of that sa
why don't we have similar structures of that scale that cam create value for us?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

Can 10m Relocate Me To Canada Conveniently? / Cost Of Transport Around Lagos Major Routes For Workers - Cotenant.com.ng / Commercial Bus Veers Into Ubu Osigbu Stream In Anambra (Photos, Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.