Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,174,065 members, 7,890,506 topics. Date: Monday, 15 July 2024 at 03:08 PM

How Do I Tell My Girlfriend She Is 'suffocating' Me - Romance (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / How Do I Tell My Girlfriend She Is 'suffocating' Me (3228 Views)

Man's Head Smashed While Fighting For His Girlfriend. She Takes Selfie With Him / How Do I Tell My Fiancee That I Am Tired Of Incessant Sex? / Man's Head Smashed While Fighting For His Girlfriend. She Takes Selfie With Him (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Do I Tell My Girlfriend She Is 'suffocating' Me by Mosdiii(m): 1:10pm On Jun 09
obinna58:
Unhealthy relationship hahah
She’s only pretending, at some point you’ll be amazed at what you see, she’ll leave you and get along with her new catch like she have never met you before

You’ll be depressed at their level of pretentious nature

God bless you brother. I'm very shocked how you know this. This exact example happened to me this year. Today we are worse enemies

3 Likes

Re: How Do I Tell My Girlfriend She Is 'suffocating' Me by descarado: 1:16pm On Jun 09
Teeyoo:

Bro, if this is true, pls enjoy it while it lasts. She loves you. Your presence counts alot in her life. Like me for example, I've been married for the past 8 years, my wife never cuddle me for a day after our marriage. She has changed. So, enjoy it while it last bro
There is nothing to enjoy with such people. It is a form of mental disorder. I think dependant whatever disorder and oh my, you need not be in a shoe of that guy. They have problem holding a relationship cos it is suffocating. Heaven help you, you don't give them as thru want it, they will drive you crazy.

A colleague suffers from such. She has problem keeping relationship. I noticed early when she was coming close to me and will make up any excuse not to relate with her beyond work.

Her boyfriend has to go to her mum to facilitate break up. And celebrated his freedom cheesy
A lovely lady but good to like her from afar.
She was diagnosed anyway but not on medication.
Heard sometimes, it's childhood trauma.

3 Likes

Re: How Do I Tell My Girlfriend She Is 'suffocating' Me by Eddodoh(m): 1:17pm On Jun 09
Nicklaus619:
I know we say Nigerian girls are not worth the stress because they go still do rubbish, you see this your girl, she has given you her all, she loves you too much and its becoming obsession, just sit her down while cuddling her and try to make her understand why she should reduce the way she always follow you around, reason that it makes you miss her too much when she's not around and it makes you not able to do certain things without her, she go dey smile like mumu, just whine her laidat she go reduce am without getting offended 😂
I am currently battling with one so I will use this your scope on her.

Mine even call every 10mins even when I am at work or just finished talking. When I pick d call, she has nothing to say, it's either repetition or I will be d one to force her to talk.

I felt God is punishing me using that relationship. Such a mental torture!!!!

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Do I Tell My Girlfriend She Is 'suffocating' Me by marsup: 1:19pm On Jun 09
Hmm!
She's clingy, which can be sweet and irritating sometimes, but when you add jealousy to it, it turns to obsession, which can be a tragic disaster.
It's not too late to set some boundaries.

4 Likes

Re: How Do I Tell My Girlfriend She Is 'suffocating' Me by descarado: 1:21pm On Jun 09
obinna58:
She’s only pretending, at some point you’ll be amazed at what you see, she’ll leave you and get along with her new catch like she have never met you before

She is not pretending anything.
Haba, use Google if you can. Every action is not always about us, versus them.
It's called dependent personality disorder.
Gosh, Nigerians and quick conclusions like they are experts in such matters.

2 Likes

Re: How Do I Tell My Girlfriend She Is 'suffocating' Me by marsup: 1:23pm On Jun 09
descarado:

There is nothing to enjoy with such people. It is a form of mental disorder. I think dependant whatever disorder and oh my, you need not be in a shoe of that guy. They have problem holding a relationship cos it is suffocating. Heaven help you, you don't give them as thru want it, they will drive you crazy.

A colleague suffers from such. She has problem keeping relationship. I noticed early when she was coming close to me and will make up any excuse not to relate with her beyond work.

Her boyfriend has to go to her mum to facilitate break up. And celebrated his freedom cheesy

dependant personality disorder.
Re: How Do I Tell My Girlfriend She Is 'suffocating' Me by BigYash: 1:29pm On Jun 09
Bobrisky wen dey prison get freedom pass op grin What a sofa love grin

1 Like

Re: How Do I Tell My Girlfriend She Is 'suffocating' Me by udede(m): 1:48pm On Jun 09
Don't spoil things for your self.
Repeat after me.
I said, don't spoil things for your self.
Do the following.

Get a job if you are jobless.
Encourage her to get one if she is jobless.
Cultivate the habit of hanging out with young guys like you once in a while.

You can as well send me her number let me talk to her

1 Like

Re: How Do I Tell My Girlfriend She Is 'suffocating' Me by obinna58(m): 2:26pm On Jun 09
descarado:

I just Dey laugh you, some girls are even will cry blood just to prove their love for you until you see them ditching you and moving like she never seen you before

2 Likes

Re: How Do I Tell My Girlfriend She Is 'suffocating' Me by Borrow222: 2:35pm On Jun 09
Eddodoh:

Mine even call every 10mins even when I am at work or just finished talking. When I pick d call, she has nothing to say, it's either repetition or I will be d one to force her to talk.

Lmao.. Una no go kill person for this site.
See as I just d laugh people come d look me.
Punish you kee.

3 Likes

Re: How Do I Tell My Girlfriend She Is 'suffocating' Me by obinna58(m): 2:35pm On Jun 09
Tokskob2008:
Lol... Money dey ur hand na why she dey clinch you every seconds. Try acting dead broke for a month or even less and see the way she will be giving you a thousand metres distance anywhere una dey grin
grin Na why I Dey laugh op, her obsessions is only bcoz they’re vibing

1 Like

Re: How Do I Tell My Girlfriend She Is 'suffocating' Me by ashawopikin(m): 2:45pm On Jun 09
Holuwahphemy:
This has affected me that, in the rare moments that we are not together, probably when she's visiting her parents. I walk around like a zombie. Sometimes I'll do something as wierd as going to the closet to smell her clothes.
shocked shocked This one don pass ordinary, she don jazz you bro

1 Like

Re: How Do I Tell My Girlfriend She Is 'suffocating' Me by Elzazzi: 2:56pm On Jun 09
Holuwahphemy:
Hello Nairalanders

Please I need your advice on a pressing issue.

I love my girlfriend so much, and to a certain degree, I'm convinced it is reciprocal.

But sometimes I feel overwhelmed by the way she's all over me. There is this three seater sofa in my sitting room that looks older than the other sofas, despite the fact that they were all bought and brought in the same day. This is because I dare not sit elsewhere aside with her on that particular sofa. if I do, I'm calling for a fight. She's always wanting to be in a cuddle with me.

In the bedroom, our bodies must touch. If I stand up to the restroom to ease myself or do the other, if I'm not back within a short period of time, she's either calling out from the room, or coming to the bathroom to check what's up.

She literally follows me everywhere. To buy fuel, cut my hair, get something across the street, pick something from the car, you name it, the list is endless.

This has affected me that, in the rare moments that we are not together, probably when she's visiting her parents. I walk around like a zombie. Sometimes I'll do something as wierd as going to the closet to smell her clothes.

Something happened this morning, that actually called for the creation of this topic.

We were in the bedroom and she was sleeping, so I stood up to ease myself and get something from the fridge. What I wanted to get was stuck, so I left the fridge open to melt down the ice a little. Which I waited, I sat on one of the sofas, and was surfing the web on my phone, just to kill time. Less than 3 minutes later, I heard the bedroom door open, I jumped up and quickly dropped my phone, and started busying myself with trying to get the content from the fridge. She caught me and started laughing.

I was so angry because it's not as if she had caught me cheating or doing something actually wrong. I felt like an !diot for letting it get to the stage where it feels like I'm scared of her. I told her it wasn't funny and when she tried to hold me, I felt irritated and asked her to leave me alone.
She got angry and left me in annoyance.

I want to talk to her later, basically to let her know how i feel and probably find a nice way to tell her to be easy on the 'hovering'. Because it now feels as if I'm being choked or something.

She's giving you all the attention and loyalty na problem. She's not giving much attention and showing less concern another problem again. Sometimes I wonder what we really want as men sef lol
Re: How Do I Tell My Girlfriend She Is 'suffocating' Me by Elzazzi: 3:10pm On Jun 09
Holuwahphemy:

I really do love her, and hope to marry her soon. I'm always down for the attention we give each other. Whenever she's not around, I miss her like m@d. I just need her to understand that sometimes, one just wants to be left alone and it's fine, if one feels that way.

But you miss her like mad when she's not around lol
Re: How Do I Tell My Girlfriend She Is 'suffocating' Me by eniolorunfe: 3:31pm On Jun 09
Wahala…the love choke 😂🤣
Re: How Do I Tell My Girlfriend She Is 'suffocating' Me by ajog1: 3:32pm On Jun 09
Nicklaus619:
I know we say Nigerian girls are not worth the stress because they go still do rubbish, you see this your girl, she has given you her all, she loves you too much and its becoming obsession, just sit her down while cuddling her and try to make her understand why she should reduce the way she always follow you around, reason that it makes you miss her too much when she's not around and it makes you not able to do certain things without her, she go dey smile like mumu, just whine her laidat she go reduce am without getting offended 😂
Confirm OT big G. Lyrical

1 Like

Re: How Do I Tell My Girlfriend She Is 'suffocating' Me by descarado: 4:55pm On Jun 09
obinna58:

I just Dey laugh you, some girls are even will cry blood just to prove their love for you until you see them ditching you and moving like she never seen you before
Oh shut up.
Gosh with these low iq people and unnecessary arguments.
Re: How Do I Tell My Girlfriend She Is 'suffocating' Me by obinna58(m): 5:19pm On Jun 09
descarado:

Oh shut up.
Gosh with these low iq people and unnecessary arguments.
You’ll learn Mr simp

1 Like

Re: How Do I Tell My Girlfriend She Is 'suffocating' Me by wizrose(m): 5:34pm On Jun 09
its just the way she show her love toward you she loves you alot some girls can be with you even in the toilet when you pooing and feel comfortable about it coz it you, but after bringing the discussion up she might started to feel uncomfortable around you she might be thinking maybe she might do what you dont like and started keeping spaces little by little she might even be sacred of doing mistake around you .... but still how you talk it with her matters alot dont make her feel unwanted or she is a disturbances make her feels shes love and value even more make her special

3 Likes

Re: How Do I Tell My Girlfriend She Is 'suffocating' Me by Phabulous4(m): 8:57pm On Jun 09
She's playing the role of a new wedded wife. Why is girl friend living with you to such an exent.

1. Get married and start your family.
2. What you call stalking is companionship and its good for bonding so far it is healthy.
3. It tend to reduce when you start having kids. At some point you will miss that woman.
4. Trust it is far better than a woman that chooses Telimondo, social media or friends as her companion.
Holuwahphemy:
Hello Nairalanders

Please I need your advice on a pressing issue.

I love my girlfriend so much, and to a certain degree, I'm convinced it is reciprocal.

But sometimes I feel overwhelmed by the way she's all over me. There is this three seater sofa in my sitting room that looks older than the other sofas, despite the fact that they were all bought and brought in the same day. This is because I dare not sit elsewhere aside with her on that particular sofa. if I do, I'm calling for a fight. She's always wanting to be in a cuddle with me.

In the bedroom, our bodies must touch. If I stand up to the restroom to ease myself or do the other, if I'm not back within a short period of time, she's either calling out from the room, or coming to the bathroom to check what's up.

She literally follows me everywhere. To buy fuel, cut my hair, get something across the street, pick something from the car, you name it, the list is endless.

Something happened this morning, that actually called for the creation of this topic.

We were in the bedroom and she was sleeping, so I stood up to ease myself and get something from the fridge. What I wanted to get was stuck, so I left the fridge open to melt down the ice a little. Which I waited, I sat on one of the sofas, and was surfing the web on my phone, just to kill time. Less than 3 minutes later, I heard the bedroom door open, I jumped up and quickly dropped my phone, and started busying myself with trying to get the content from the fridge. She caught me and started laughing.

I was so angry because it's not as if she had caught me cheating or doing something actually wrong. I felt like an !diot for letting it get to the stage where it feels like I'm scared of her. I told her it wasn't funny and when she tried to hold me, I felt irritated and asked her to leave me alone.
She got angry and left me in annoyance.

I want to talk to her later, basically to let her know how i feel and probably find a nice way to tell her to be easy on the 'hovering'. Because it now feels as if I'm being choked or something.

1 Like

Re: How Do I Tell My Girlfriend She Is 'suffocating' Me by Paulpaulpaul(m): 10:25pm On Jun 09
I was one of the people that would say, emotional dependency is an act of love but that changed. I went for NECO marking coordination some years back where I met a man; our E.G2. He couldn't speak clearly, in fact, one would need to strain his ears to hear him.

Then, I became irritated; why would someone who had lost his voice be made the E.G 2? But I was corrected by someone sitting beside me. He told me that the EG2 man was always with his wife, they were inseparable. Unfortunately, she died. The man was so shocked that he couldn't speak for years.

So, you matter is like a pair of scissors: either way, you'll be affected. If you love her and plan to marry her; you're lucky. You don't need to say anything: marry her and make babies; those minnies would replace you ASAP.

However, if you don't love her to the level of making her a wife, be blunt with her but you would be breaking a loving heart.

2 Likes

Re: How Do I Tell My Girlfriend She Is 'suffocating' Me by Paulpaulpaul(m): 10:32pm On Jun 09
Holuwahphemy:

Bros... I want to marry this one oh. Apart from the 'hovering', she's actually a very sweet soul

Marry her, the attention would be divided as soon as children entered the mix. If you tell her, it might break her.

She's my kind of girl though

1 Like

Re: How Do I Tell My Girlfriend She Is 'suffocating' Me by W0t0w0toman: 10:49pm On Jun 09
Teeyoo:

Bro, if this is true, pls enjoy it while it lasts. She loves you. Your presence counts alot in her life. Like me for example, I've been married for the past 8 years, my wife never cuddle me for a day after our marriage. She has changed. So, enjoy it while it last bro

Na wa o. Things dey happen o.

Yamayama really fell on your wife's brain
Re: How Do I Tell My Girlfriend She Is 'suffocating' Me by Auxtan(m): 11:16pm On Jun 09
Zubeezanga:
Lol how will disadvantage yourself that much gettin addicted to fellow human bro, u seem not to like ur mental health incase of any wahala, guy siddon her yarn am whatsup so u both can be comfortable bcus if na her she fit no give a damn bout ur feelings, if u inconvinence her, lastly u seem like a bigboy trust me rich dudes never actually know who get their backs bro, na when sea rough people go show wetting u mean to them, guy no expect much and no live for prison for anybody.
Best advice
Re: How Do I Tell My Girlfriend She Is 'suffocating' Me by Auxtan(m): 11:26pm On Jun 09
Fiscus105:

You never choke oo, when you finally get to that level, nobody would tell before you voice out ok.

MEANWHILE,THIS TYPE OF LOVE, PLS HAVE IT AT BACK OF UR MIND THAT, WHEN IT EVENTUALLY FADE, YOU PEOPLE WOULD BE LIKE WORST ENEMY.

Experiences show, this type of Romeo & Juliet, dnt used to pass, the test of time.
I can relate. My relationship with my ex was like this Romeo and Juliet thing but now I know she hates me so much based on how she sounds on phone now. Me sef wants to hate her so much as well.
Re: How Do I Tell My Girlfriend She Is 'suffocating' Me by Auxtan(m): 11:26pm On Jun 09
obinna58:

Omo, I can relate.
Re: How Do I Tell My Girlfriend She Is 'suffocating' Me by Auxtan(m): 11:28pm On Jun 09
Teeyoo:

Omo, this marriage thing is scary o grin
Re: How Do I Tell My Girlfriend She Is 'suffocating' Me by Auxtan(m): 11:29pm On Jun 09
brain54:
I once had a girlfriend exactly like the one you described...

I broke up with her because I couldn't stomach all that attention. And besides I am the type that like my private space. And mostly like to do things on my own. So It felt really choking.

She loved kids too... With even more vigour and I knew within me the attention would shift from me once she started having hers.

But I wasn't just ready for that kind of attention. Such love can become toxic in my opinion.

Talk to her about it...maybe it will help. In my case it didn't!
I enjoy reading your opinions here

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How Do I Tell My Girlfriend She Is 'suffocating' Me by Auxtan(m): 11:33pm On Jun 09
descarado:

😂😂😂
Re: How Do I Tell My Girlfriend She Is 'suffocating' Me by Auxtan(m): 11:34pm On Jun 09
Eddodoh:

🤣🤣🤣

1 Like

Re: How Do I Tell My Girlfriend She Is 'suffocating' Me by Auxtan(m): 11:36pm On Jun 09
descarado:

Experience makes one an expert in anything. Well I enjoyed the story and would wish such for myself in a healthy well. But having a clingy and obsessive partner can become a problem at some point. So I agree with the guy you quoted.
Re: How Do I Tell My Girlfriend She Is 'suffocating' Me by Auxtan(m): 11:37pm On Jun 09
BigYash:
Bobrisky wen dey prison get freedom pass op grin What a sofa love grin
grin

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Why Will You Forget To Wear Your Wedding Ring / What Will You Do If Told That You Are Pretty Or Handsome Publicly / 20 Wise Marriage Tips From A Man That Was Recently Divorced

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.