Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,183,319 members, 7,920,168 topics. Date: Tuesday, 13 August 2024 at 09:03 PM

How Do I Tell My Girlfriend She Is 'suffocating' Me - Romance (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / How Do I Tell My Girlfriend She Is 'suffocating' Me (3358 Views)

Man's Head Smashed While Fighting For His Girlfriend. She Takes Selfie With Him / How Do I Tell My Fiancee That I Am Tired Of Incessant Sex? / Man's Head Smashed While Fighting For His Girlfriend. She Takes Selfie With Him (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Do I Tell My Girlfriend She Is 'suffocating' Me by Auxtan(m): 11:38pm On Jun 09
udede:
Don't spoil things for your self.
Repeat after me.
I said, don't spoil things for your self.
Do the following.

Get a job if you are jobless.
Encourage her to get one if she is jobless.
Cultivate the habit of hanging out with young guys like you once in a while.

You can as well send me her number let me talk to her
Lol. You spoilt your perfect advice to him when you said he should give you her number. But op should take other parts of this advice.
Re: How Do I Tell My Girlfriend She Is 'suffocating' Me by Auxtan(m): 11:39pm On Jun 09
obinna58:

I just Dey laugh you, some girls are even will cry blood just to prove their love for you until you see them ditching you and moving like she never seen you before
I can relate grin
Re: How Do I Tell My Girlfriend She Is 'suffocating' Me by Auxtan(m): 11:40pm On Jun 09
ashawopikin:
shocked shocked This one don pass ordinary, she don jazz you bro
grin
Re: How Do I Tell My Girlfriend She Is 'suffocating' Me by Auxtan(m): 11:44pm On Jun 09
Paulpaulpaul:
I was one of the people that would say, emotional dependency is an act of love but that changed. I went for NECO marking coordination some years back where I met a man; our E.G2. He couldn't speak clearly, in fact, one would need to strain his ears to hear him.

Then, I became irritated; why would someone who had lost his voice be made the E.G 2? But I was corrected by someone sitting beside me. He told me that the EG2 man was always with his wife, they were inseparable. Unfortunately, she died. The man was so shocked that he couldn't speak for years.

So, you matter is like a pair of scissors: either way, you'll be affected. If you love her and plan to marry her; you're lucky. You don't need to say anything: marry her and make babies; those minnies would replace you ASAP.

However, if you don't love her to the level of making her a wife, be blunt with her but you would be breaking a loving heart.
Very matured advice.
Re: How Do I Tell My Girlfriend She Is 'suffocating' Me by Cassandraloius: 12:44am On Jun 10
SIMP grin
Re: How Do I Tell My Girlfriend She Is 'suffocating' Me by TEYA: 2:22am On Jun 10
Dexy4yah:
MEN...what do we really want?
Cuz we complain visually about everything.

If she is not reciprocating the love now you will complain that she is not giving you attention and all that.

It's just her type of person...she love you and she's very comfortable been around you but to you she's suffocating you.

If you marry her now before a month you will be acting like a stranger to her and be making her feel lonely and all alone.

If you're not ok with her been at your house 24 7 then tell her to be coming only on weekends.

But please don't marry her...if you can feel this way towards her when you guys are just dating then imagine when you marry her...that means you will say she is strangulating you grin

It's just her nature..there are people like that....if you don't like her closeness to you cuz you feel it's suffocating you then free her and don't waste her time biko
Which kain yeye reciprocating love? This one is a witch! Following somebody to toilet and when you come out she will catch you and hold you on the sofa? No impregnate am o! Na the only advice wey I get for you be dat. That kain pesin fit kill u.

1 Like

Re: How Do I Tell My Girlfriend She Is 'suffocating' Me by Joshkid(m): 5:46am On Jun 10
AllKnowing:
Enjoy this intense devotion and affection while it lasts. It's cute and admirable and tragic all together.

I'd also advise cultivating friendships on the side; one or two other guys with whom you grab beers and steak, say once a month.

Just so you know, when this relationship ends you're gonna need 3 years of therapy. When this emotional dependency ends, you're gonna be so broken, so effing broken, it'd be a miracle if you made it through. But your (ex)girlfriend will recover alot faster than you do. Why? You're the one who was "changed".
you're damn right br
Re: How Do I Tell My Girlfriend She Is 'suffocating' Me by MASTAkiLLAh(m): 6:38am On Jun 10
Holuwahphemy:
Hello Nairalanders

Please I need your advice on a pressing issue.

I love my girlfriend so much, and to a certain degree, I'm convinced it is reciprocal.

But sometimes I feel overwhelmed by the way she's all over me. There is this three seater sofa in my sitting room that looks older than the other sofas, despite the fact that they were all bought and brought in the same day. This is because I dare not sit elsewhere aside with her on that particular sofa. if I do, I'm calling for a fight. She's always wanting to be in a cuddle with me.

In the bedroom, our bodies must touch. If I stand up to the restroom to ease myself or do the other, if I'm not back within a short period of time, she's either calling out from the room, or coming to the bathroom to check what's up.

She literally follows me everywhere. To buy fuel, cut my hair, get something across the street, pick something from the car, you name it, the list is endless.

This has affected me that, in the rare moments that we are not together, probably when she's visiting her parents. I walk around like a zombie. Sometimes I'll do something as wierd as going to the closet to smell her clothes.

Something happened this morning, that actually called for the creation of this topic.

We were in the bedroom and she was sleeping, so I stood up to ease myself and get something from the fridge. What I wanted to get was stuck, so I left the fridge open to melt down the ice a little. Which I waited, I sat on one of the sofas, and was surfing the web on my phone, just to kill time. Less than 3 minutes later, I heard the bedroom door open, I jumped up and quickly dropped my phone, and started busying myself with trying to get the content from the fridge. She caught me and started laughing.

I was so angry because it's not as if she had caught me cheating or doing something actually wrong. I felt like an !diot for letting it get to the stage where it feels like I'm scared of her. I told her it wasn't funny and when she tried to hold me, I felt irritated and asked her to leave me alone.
She got angry and left me in annoyance.

I want to talk to her later, basically to let her know how i feel and probably find a nice way to tell her to be easy on the 'hovering'. Because it now feels as if I'm being choked or something.
na you start am by not creating boundaries from day one. Next time she does this, ask her wetin make you dey always follow person like zombie ?
Re: How Do I Tell My Girlfriend She Is 'suffocating' Me by duduade: 10:35am On Jun 10
Una no dey go work...

Àbí you are both remote workers

How can you both be 24/7

No personal life
Re: How Do I Tell My Girlfriend She Is 'suffocating' Me by rickleye: 11:06am On Jun 10
Holuwahphemy:
Hello Nairalanders

Please I need your advice on a pressing issue.

I love my girlfriend so much, and to a certain degree, I'm convinced it is reciprocal.

But sometimes I feel overwhelmed by the way she's all over me. There is this three seater sofa in my sitting room that looks older than the other sofas, despite the fact that they were all bought and brought in the same day. This is because I dare not sit elsewhere aside with her on that particular sofa. if I do, I'm calling for a fight. She's always wanting to be in a cuddle with me.

In the bedroom, our bodies must touch. If I stand up to the restroom to ease myself or do the other, if I'm not back within a short period of time, she's either calling out from the room, or coming to the bathroom to check what's up.

She literally follows me everywhere. To buy fuel, cut my hair, get something across the street, pick something from the car, you name it, the list is endless.

This has affected me that, in the rare moments that we are not together, probably when she's visiting her parents. I walk around like a zombie. Sometimes I'll do something as wierd as going to the closet to smell her clothes.

Something happened this morning, that actually called for the creation of this topic.

We were in the bedroom and she was sleeping, so I stood up to ease myself and get something from the fridge. What I wanted to get was stuck, so I left the fridge open to melt down the ice a little. Which I waited, I sat on one of the sofas, and was surfing the web on my phone, just to kill time. Less than 3 minutes later, I heard the bedroom door open, I jumped up and quickly dropped my phone, and started busying myself with trying to get the content from the fridge. She caught me and started laughing.

I was so angry because it's not as if she had caught me cheating or doing something actually wrong. I felt like an !diot for letting it get to the stage where it feels like I'm scared of her. I told her it wasn't funny and when she tried to hold me, I felt irritated and asked her to leave me alone.
She got angry and left me in annoyance.

I want to talk to her later, basically to let her know how i feel and probably find a nice way to tell her to be easy on the 'hovering'. Because it now feels as if I'm being choked or something.

Yeah- you both are living together . You want to keep your options open and she has insecurity issues from a prior relationship.
This is easy - sit her down and explain that relationship are built on trust. If she doesn’t trust you, we can go our different ways. But if she loves you, she will trust you.
Re: How Do I Tell My Girlfriend She Is 'suffocating' Me by mrcrabs(m): 2:05pm On Jun 10
Tokskob2008:
Lol... Money dey ur hand na why she dey clinch you every seconds. Try acting dead broke for a month or even less and see the way she will be giving you a thousand metres distance anywhere una dey grin

i laughed hard reading this and there is no lie in what you said.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Tip On Gisting A Lady / Can U Marry A Guy U Met On 2go And Facebook / Ladies, Would You Get Brea.st Implants?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.