Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,198,430 members, 7,968,157 topics. Date: Sunday, 06 October 2024 at 07:20 PM

Do University Relationships Ever Lead To Marriage? - Romance (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Do University Relationships Ever Lead To Marriage? (18441 Views)

Why Do University Girls Like Married Men Like This / Why Do University Girls In Nigeria Have Sugar Daddies / Do Rebound Relationships Ever Work? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Do University Relationships Ever Lead To Marriage? by walcolm(m): 9:44am On Nov 28, 2011
@OP,
a relationship has to start from somewhere and i dont think a university relationship suceeds better or fails faster than a relationship started anywhere else, its all a function of the people involved

i'm sure there's no data to support any purported percentage of success or failure that some people have claimed here

1 Like

Re: Do University Relationships Ever Lead To Marriage? by livapul86(m): 10:09am On Nov 28, 2011
@OP: its significantly harder for such relationships to come close to marriage in the Nigeria of today where there are no jobs. Like freecocoa( who happens to be a student from d Uni, i finished from) pointed out, girls these days want Firm guarantees about finance. U no expect guy wey im no know how im go chop tomorrow dey reason marriage. Parental affluence plays a key role, if am assured that the moment am out of school, i would be managing one of my father's companies(e.g Dangote, Adenuga etc), I would MARRY INSIDE d university.

1 Like

Re: Do University Relationships Ever Lead To Marriage? by lucom: 10:10am On Nov 28, 2011
Well i don't know what you guys think about it, but mine worked. I met my wife in school.

2 Likes

Re: Do University Relationships Ever Lead To Marriage? by dboyixgood(m): 10:34am On Nov 28, 2011
IT DOES NOT, IF AT ALL, JUST 2%.

1 Like

Re: Do University Relationships Ever Lead To Marriage? by lucy1(f): 10:51am On Nov 28, 2011
Yes, most times. It depends on the time of relations u might keep in the University. Most times couple in serious relationship at uni get married and i know a few of this couples.
Re: Do University Relationships Ever Lead To Marriage? by OgeneDom(m): 11:03am On Nov 28, 2011
Well, some have said what they think while some have said what they have seen and some what they have heard. But for me let me tell you what an experiencing.
I and my girl meet before uni, by grace we entered same school and graduated at the same time. now have done with service. By February, we shall be inviting you guys for our Traditional. So believe me is all about what you want and how is working out

2 Likes

Re: Do University Relationships Ever Lead To Marriage? by humblebee: 12:28pm On Nov 28, 2011
15%, more convenient if both of one of them gets a job or reasonable source of income after school else they face different challenges that boils down to finance and blame it on something else,
my experience- calls reduced, visits reduced cos i was more interested in starting a job and then come back to her but of course, it never happened.

1 Like

Re: Do University Relationships Ever Lead To Marriage? by itiswell1(m): 1:21pm On Nov 28, 2011
Nov 26 2005 I started a relationship with this wonderful lady while in the university. Early next year she will be in my house as my wife. University love ends in marriage atimes.
Re: Do University Relationships Ever Lead To Marriage? by honsule(m): 2:17pm On Nov 28, 2011
2%.I dated a̶̲̥̅ lady i̶̲̥̅̊n̶̲̥̅̊ ♍y final year.she asked me of ♍y plans fo® her,I prevaricated n told her that,let us wait on †ђξ Lord.She later told me that A̶̲̥̅♏ not serious n I don'† know what I want. i̶̲̥̅̊n̶̲̥̅̊ fact of recent,she told me that, we never dated.ladies could bﻉ funny.

1 Like

Re: Do University Relationships Ever Lead To Marriage? by baldman: 9:11pm On Nov 28, 2011
Sometimes, I wish I had gotten serious with a girl back then at the Uni

1 Like

Re: Do University Relationships Ever Lead To Marriage? by Dele99: 12:41pm On Nov 29, 2011
most relationship hardly result in marriages today, sometime ago more university relationships resulted to marriages than today for many reasons.
Some years back the average university graduate was almost guaranteed of living a comfortable life after school than today's graduate. another factor is girls tend to marry at a younger age than men and their university boyfriend might not be financially ready and for girls age matter a lot because as they grow older their chance of getting married reduces so they find it hard to wait for anyone more especially when they are not sure their boyfriend will still marry them after waiting. Another reason is that in Nigerian university dating age mates does not look odd to men but when it comes to marriage they find it odd and there is the feeling of insecurity.

1 Like

Re: Do University Relationships Ever Lead To Marriage? by dridowu: 1:21pm On Nov 29, 2011
mosr are just let me find a female /male companion to b wit, is not on d basis of love

1 Like

Re: Do University Relationships Ever Lead To Marriage? by 195(f): 1:29pm On Nov 29, 2011
baldman:

Sometimes, I wish I had gotten serious with a girl back then at the Uni

cool cool
Re: Do University Relationships Ever Lead To Marriage? by chikeorji123(m): 8:04pm On Nov 29, 2011
2% cool cool

1 Like

Re: Do University Relationships Ever Lead To Marriage? by Apawa(f): 4:13pm On Jun 20, 2012
Well it does.my younger sister and husband dated 13years through secondary sch,univesity n got married 2yrs ago. Its very rare

2 Likes

Re: Do University Relationships Ever Lead To Marriage? by Nobody: 9:58am On Sep 13, 2012
It is trash. a large percentage of such end up @ the sch gate. Most guys in universities date in order to be able to satisfy themselves sexually and keep up with d trend

1 Like

Re: Do University Relationships Ever Lead To Marriage? by talkingfingers: 6:44am On Sep 19, 2012
bekay911: Some can be fruitful y some r just for d moment.
Some dudes av gfrnds in campus cos dey want sum1 doing der assignment n helping dem in exam halls n wt C.A test

Babes, what's with the sexist vibe? From simple averages, there are more guys at the top of the class than girls, so it's more likely to have girls parasiting on the guys in the name of relationships. More likely, I said. Of course it happens in the other direction too.

1 Like

Re: Do University Relationships Ever Lead To Marriage? by EzeIgboNwaChukwu(m): 9:43pm On Jul 29, 2019
Flashaldrin:
university relationships are bleeping wastes of time.
1. the dude wouldn't have the financial stability to marry the girl soon after graduation
2. they are almost of same age
3. a rich serious man is out there somewhere waiting to whisk the girl away

I pity guys wey they really spend on girls for uni. . . . i wonder whats on their mind undecided undecided undecided
that ur number 3 and the last sentence just hit me bro. u too get sense cheesy
same happened to my friend, he was all serious and prepared to marry up his gf that he has been dating while in the University.
lol babe after graduating immediately got a job and the guy was still searching for a job and one NED NWOKO was waiting and as the girl just graduate get job na so the rich man shapaly marry am.
the guy was in bipolar disorder.

1 Like

Re: Do University Relationships Ever Lead To Marriage? by EzeIgboNwaChukwu(m): 10:00pm On Jul 29, 2019
freecocoa:
As if say university boys dey get money,mscheeew,all they know how to do is call and say"babe did you cook?I'm coming or babe just borrow me 5h I go go atm later" any girl waiting for a boy in the uni with her is wasting her time,if it ever works,its one out of a hundred cases.
will you shut up ignoramus.
you Know nothing because your brain is nothing but a peanut size
Re: Do University Relationships Ever Lead To Marriage? by EzeIgboNwaChukwu(m): 10:04pm On Jul 29, 2019
begwong:
i married my spouse from the university tongue
how did you do it?
Re: Do University Relationships Ever Lead To Marriage? by EzeIgboNwaChukwu(m): 10:12pm On Jul 29, 2019
itiswell1:
Nov 26 2005 I started a relationship with this wonderful lady while in the university. Early next year she will be in my house as my wife. University love ends in marriage atimes.
wonderful
Re: Do University Relationships Ever Lead To Marriage? by martinz23(m): 10:32pm On Jul 29, 2019
Why not...I started dating my girl when I was in 300 level and will by God's grace be getting married to her this September. Honestly it's very possible.

1 Like

Re: Do University Relationships Ever Lead To Marriage? by freecocoa(f): 12:08am On Jul 30, 2019
EzeIgboNwaChukwu:
will you shut up ignoramus.
you Know nothing because your brain is nothing but a peanut size
your grammar alone sef has said it all, mschew!
Re: Do University Relationships Ever Lead To Marriage? by EzeIgboNwaChukwu(m): 8:14am On Jul 30, 2019
freecocoa:
your grammar alone sef has said it all, mschew!
I just observed that you're a frustrated atheist. no wonder you're always bitter. I really pity you
Re: Do University Relationships Ever Lead To Marriage? by EzeIgboNwaChukwu(m): 8:15am On Jul 30, 2019
martinz23:
Why not...I started dating my girl when I was in 300 level and will by God's grace be getting married to her this September. Honestly it's very possible.
where both of u in the same level in school?
Re: Do University Relationships Ever Lead To Marriage? by martinz23(m): 3:30pm On Jul 30, 2019
EzeIgboNwaChukwu:
where both of u in the same level in school?
No she was in 100 level when I was in 300 level.

1 Like

Re: Do University Relationships Ever Lead To Marriage? by EzeIgboNwaChukwu(m): 3:35pm On Jul 30, 2019
martinz23:
No she was in 100 level when I was in 300 level.

that means mine may likely work out.
both of us are in the same level (300) but I'll be graduating before her as mine is a 4 year course while hers is 8 full years (internship and nysc inclusive) so before she finished God helping me I might have already been established. cool

1 Like

Re: Do University Relationships Ever Lead To Marriage? by martinz23(m): 11:16pm On Jul 30, 2019
EzeIgboNwaChukwu:

that means mine may likely work out.
both of us are in the same level (300) but I'll be graduating before her as mine is a 4 year course while hers is 8 full years (internship and nysc inclusive) so before she finished God helping me I might have already been established. cool
God grant you your desire. My course was also 4years while hers was 5years but presently having her internship too.

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Do University Relationships Ever Lead To Marriage? by fireback: 11:21pm On Jul 30, 2019
Flashaldrin:
university relationships are bleeping wastes of time.
1. the dude wouldn't have the financial stability to marry the girl soon after graduation
2. they are almost of same age
3. a rich serious man is out there somewhere waiting to whisk the girl away

I pity guys wey they really spend on girls for uni. . . . i wonder whats on their mind undecided undecided undecided
that age part is TRUE, the guys will always want to marry someone younger than them after graduation, weda there's money or not.

1 Like

Re: Do University Relationships Ever Lead To Marriage? by Diamond23(f): 11:53pm On Jul 30, 2019
lefulefu:
Men i remember my university days.Back then because i dey hot for brain na so girls go just queue for my hostel door dey wait make i teach them tutorials or do assignments for them.Back then campus babes go just dey pursue me for one place to another but then i no dey do am free ooo because me na sharp guy.Any girl wey want make i do the assignment go first open for me  grin.Omo na so i jst dey chop clean mouth grin grin grin grin
No wonder u knew different spec nd varieties of UKWUZ nd each tym u see one ur eyes always pop out frm its sockets grin
Weldon huncle grin grin grin
Re: Do University Relationships Ever Lead To Marriage? by Great6Pack(m): 12:09am On Jul 31, 2019
I am a product of one. Met my wife when we were both in year 2. Dated for 6 years later and got married for 5+ years now with 2 lovely kids. She is the best thing to ever come my life. I treasure her always

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Do University Relationships Ever Lead To Marriage? by Nobody: 7:31am On Jul 31, 2019
wink grin
Diamond23:
No wonder u knew different spec nd varieties of UKWUZ nd each tym u see one ur eyes always pop out frm its sockets grin
Weldon huncle grin grin grin
hahahahahaha dat cartoon on ur dp is dammm hilarious.i wan die for laugh.but come oo why u no put ur pix for profile make i see nau. as for d issue on d different varieties of ukwu all ladies with different varieties ought to be worshipped.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Sweet! This Picture Of A Girl Spotted Under The Sun Will Wow You. / Pretty Lady Shows Love To The Less Privileged On Valentine's Day (pics) / How To Save A Dying Relationship

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.