Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,184,240 members, 7,923,197 topics. Date: Friday, 16 August 2024 at 08:11 PM

Atiku: How I Saved Tinubu’s Political Career - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Atiku: How I Saved Tinubu’s Political Career (25183 Views)

Atiku: How We Set Up DMO, Got Okonjo-Iweala To Leave World Bank For Nigeria / Buhari VS Atiku: How States Will Vote - The Nation / Atiku: How Kumuyi, Oyedepo, African Leaders Put Pressure On Obj - New Telegraph (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Atiku: How I Saved Tinubu’s Political Career by Eriokanmi: 2:40am On Jun 10
7upnigeria:

Non tribalists who cant mention the achievements of Obi and compare with Tinubu's achievements as Governor. I'll rather be a tribalist who votes for PERFORMER than dumb former Governor who's only loved just because he's stingy. Once bitten twice shy, Buhari was loved for the same reason but ended up as a calamity. I WILL NEVER VOTE BASED ON CROWD MENTALITY, YOU CAN DO THAT IF YOU WANT. Till now, i've tried to engage obidients in intelligent discussions but hardly has anyone of them been able to tell me just 3 MEANINGFUL ACHIEVEMENTS OF OBI while he was Governor but theyre always quick to insult you because you don't support the guy. You all can continue to do follow follow without knowing the mental capacity of the person youre following, ZOMBIE.

I stopped reading your post the moment I read the emboldened....when I said I stopped, believe me I did, cos I did know the rest of the post would be childish and absolute nonsense. Let me ask you, why did he lose lagos , if the emboldened was true? You see why I said you're unintelligent? grin

1 Like

Re: Atiku: How I Saved Tinubu’s Political Career by BigIyanga: 2:46am On Jun 10
AdesegunSanni89:
see as this one dey boast with past glory. Atiku/PDM yen yen yen yen…Make Atiku go carry him PDM come become president now.

Somebody no sabi history … history lesson handed to your e-d1ot azss
Re: Atiku: How I Saved Tinubu’s Political Career by Kukutente23: 2:49am On Jun 10
shinealight:

Read your highlighted comment above!
How did Atiku save Tinubu from OBJ’s onslaught?
Are you saying that You and Atiku were locked in with them while figures were being manipulated to rig out the South Western governors?
If you were not present, how come you’re so willing to swear by Atiku’s version because he repeated it soooo many times?
Put your thinking cap on, my friend and be more objective about the stories people carry to your doorstep! cool
It's not about swearing or not. It's something Atiku has mentioned two to three times with no rebuttal from Tinubu. This present one about AC was triggered by Shettima's claim that Tinubu saved Atiku from OBJ, a claim which was widely held by most Tinubu’s supporters. Now Atiku is rebutting it. You're suddenly clear- headed enough to know that Atiku is lying but you've never accepted Atiku’s claim that he saved Tinubu from the PDP onslaught in the SW. It's that bias which I'm calling your attention to. Some of you are too neck-deep in hero worshiping that the only thing that can be acceptable to you is what makes your god look good
Re: Atiku: How I Saved Tinubu’s Political Career by Iamanoited: 3:04am On Jun 10
PHYSICIAN HEAL THYSELF.
Re: Atiku: How I Saved Tinubu’s Political Career by membranus: 3:40am On Jun 10
Eriokanmi:
Another tribalist who doesn't think before commenting, who always thinks everyone who voted obi is ibo, has been spotted. By their post ye shall know how unintelligent they are. No qualms

Oga, remove the logs from your eyes, and for once be true to yourself. Go through all your posts on Nairaland and your diatribes, your insults, your curses, your hateful comments against the Yoruba race and their son Tinubu, who will then believe your assertion that you are not an Igbo man and a core TRIBALIST at that. Yoruba so wipe ile lati ko eso rode, but with you it is the opposite.

Not every Yoruba man loves Tinubu as a politician, because all politicians are thieves. But a Yoruba adage says " Omo eni ki ise idi bebere ka wa fi ileke si idi omo elomiran". Tinubu has proved himself in Lagos before where he is still a political colossus, and out of all the 3 candidates that contested, he was the best. So if he is facing governance and economical problems on this bigger platform called Nigeria, the problems are not of his own making, he met them there, he is just trying to find solutions, which are becoming more difficult everyday. The governors, and all other political actors at all levels are not also helping him because they have different greedy agendas apart from the ones he hold. And unlike Lagos, he has little control over them. The Boko Haram, the F00lani and IP0B insurgents and the crude oil thieves at the creeks are also compounding the problems. Yes we in Nigeria are all suffering from the huge hyperinflation ravaging the country, especially in food prices, but since we cannot force him out until his terminal date, let us give him a little time more to find additional means of ending these sufferings. And if he fails after 4 years, we will vote him out if we find a more intelligent savior.

Therefore #Eriokanmi, instead of always execrating him and all Yoruba race with him on Nairaland, rather pity him, since you cannot do better than him if you are there.

1 Like

Re: Atiku: How I Saved Tinubu’s Political Career by MightySparrow: 3:53am On Jun 10
NyamiriSlayer:
But this old fool no fit save his own political career.. Walahi talahi, dindinrin ni man yii sha
When did he join politics to save Tinubu?
Re: Atiku: How I Saved Tinubu’s Political Career by gigabyte13: 4:07am On Jun 10
Cho cho cho cho
Show workings
Mr Atiku, no evidence
No results
You go explain explain tire.
Tinubu get results to show but
Mr Atiku get plenty explanation to explain
Mtchewwwwwwww

1 Like

Re: Atiku: How I Saved Tinubu’s Political Career by Codepain: 4:08am On Jun 10
Eriokanmi:
You can say that again. My love for Nigeria is indescribable but I'm sad with what I'm seeing today. The majority of those tribalists here on NL have not done half of what I had done for my people in donations through my partners in Lagos alone. I don't have to mention one. Unfortunately, this generation of youths are so glued to sentiments which always inform their weird decisions 99% of the time, which would later haunt them in life. Presently I'm in America for another batch of donations to the less privileged in the society, especially in Lagos where I belong. There's one of our partners who is into sports, grooming young Nigerians across tribal lines on how they'd find their place at the global stage , through scholarships and all.

But I chose not to support this man called Tinubu for a lot of reasons. Those living here, who used to be his supporters are so disappointed right now but I told them last year during my visit that it's not enough to rely on propaganda. They need to come and see things themselves at home. Had either fashola, ambode or even osinbajo contested, I'd have supported him with my might and main. The moment I realised this man wanted to get there both by hook and crook, I decided to back off and then I suddenly became an omo ale to the tribal bigots who share in his fake ideology...Tinubu knows the number of his children, wondering how I can be an omo ale by not supporting him. Democracy is a choice but not in Nigeria.

Yoruba would say, ęję ka tibi ishana kiye soogun(which literally means, we should observe the efficacy of a charm by just imagining how the matches ignite, when you strike it) . You said you're Mr magic who built Lagos yet you lost in same Lagos. The 2023 election ought to have been a means of reciprocating your kind gesture in Lagos if you truly deserved our votes. Instead, you started intimidating people with your thugs cos they didnt vote you. Some myopic minds said he lost in lagos cos of the Muslim Muslim ticket however, in alimosho, the largest local government in Nigeria by population and where yorubas constitute over 95% of the population whom are both Muslims and Christian massively voted a non-lagosian was a proof he's not what he's claiming to be..

When they realised that the muslim-muslim ticket they claimed didn't hold water, they now said its ibo votes that made him lose lagos. It's ibo votes but yorubas won the LP seats in Lagos where ibos live...imagine how myopic they are in thinking. 2023 is just a tip of the iceberg. I pray we all witness 2027 in peace. I reserve my comment on Northern votes for the apc.
You choose not to support Tinubu and Nigerians supported him for a lot of reasons
It’s democracy
And you didn’t tell us the messiah you supported and his track records
All your arguments lack merits
We saw videos of LP supporters in the east beatings and harassing people and even in Lagos
Peter Obi is a conman and a big fraud
despite the situation in Nigeria, Nigerians should be wake up everyday that we didn’t fall for the antics and propaganda of Igbo

2 Likes

Re: Atiku: How I Saved Tinubu’s Political Career by Eriokanmi: 4:32am On Jun 10
Codepain:

You choose not to support Tinubu and Nigerians supported him for a lot of reasons
It’s democracy
And you didn’t tell us the messiah you supported and his track records
All your arguments lack merits
We saw videos of LP supporters in the east beatings and harassing people and even in Lagos
Peter Obi is a conman and a big fraud
despite the situation in Nigeria, Nigerians should be wake up everyday that we didn’t fall for the antics and propaganda of Igbo
OK sir.
Re: Atiku: How I Saved Tinubu’s Political Career by MichaelSokoto(m): 4:43am On Jun 10
Eriokanmi:
You can say that again. My love for Nigeria is indescribable but I'm sad with what I'm seeing today. The majority of those tribalists here on NL have not done half of what I had done for my people in donations through my partners in Lagos alone. I don't have to mention one. Unfortunately, this generation of youths are so glued to sentiments which always inform their weird decisions 99% of the time, which would later haunt them in life. Presently I'm in America for another batch of donations to the less privileged in the society, especially in Lagos where I belong. There's one of our partners who is into sports, grooming young Nigerians across tribal lines on how they'd find their place at the global stage , through scholarships and all.

But I chose not to support this man called Tinubu for a lot of reasons. Those living here, who used to be his supporters are so disappointed right now but I told them last year during my visit that it's not enough to rely on propaganda. They need to come and see things themselves at home. Had either fashola, ambode or even osinbajo contested, I'd have supported him with my might and main. The moment I realised this man wanted to get there both by hook and crook, I decided to back off and then I suddenly became an omo ale to the tribal bigots who share in his fake ideology...Tinubu knows the number of his children, wondering how I can be an omo ale by not supporting him. Democracy is a choice but not in Nigeria.

Yoruba would say, ęję ka tibi ishana kiye soogun(which literally means, we should observe the efficacy of a charm by just imagining how the matches ignite, when you strike it) . You said you're Mr magic who built Lagos yet you lost in same Lagos. The 2023 election ought to have been a means of reciprocating your kind gesture in Lagos if you truly deserved our votes. Instead, you started intimidating people with your thugs cos they didnt vote you. Some myopic minds said he lost in lagos cos of the Muslim Muslim ticket however, in alimosho, the largest local government in Nigeria by population and where yorubas constitute over 95% of the population whom are both Muslims and Christian massively voted a non-lagosian was a proof he's not what he's claiming to be..

When they realised that the muslim-muslim ticket they claimed didn't hold water, they now said its ibo votes that made him lose lagos. It's ibo votes but yorubas won the LP seats in Lagos where ibos live...imagine how myopic they are in thinking. 2023 is just a tip of the iceberg. I pray we all witness 2027 in peace. I reserve my comment on Northern votes for the apc.
May God immensely bless you Bros!
cool

1 Like

Re: Atiku: How I Saved Tinubu’s Political Career by Codepain: 4:53am On Jun 10
Eriokanmi:
OK sir.
Thanks ma
Re: Atiku: How I Saved Tinubu’s Political Career by Mummyfour(f): 5:10am On Jun 10
Eriokanmi:

God bless you my brother for this your detribalised and concise truth. I like being friends with people like you. Detribalised Nigerians are really hard to find especially on nairaland talk more of the larger Nigeria as a country. Carry me along na, let's work together for the common good of our compatriots.
May God bless your efforts and replenish you abundantly for all you have done so far and still trying to do

1 Like

Re: Atiku: How I Saved Tinubu’s Political Career by HRMK: 5:48am On Jun 10
obasanjo couldnt have done worse than what he did to the then oyo state governor ladoja that he got impeached!but the courts later got him reinstated!atiku has to stop deceiving himself with lies for the simple fact that he was not in same party with tinubu then!the fact is that atiku out of desperation to stop tinubu at all cost not only took latter to nigerian courts but also american courts after the 2023 presidential elections!i wonder which help this hustling and desperate atiku is talking about!he should keep quiet and stop lying to the people!!
Re: Atiku: How I Saved Tinubu’s Political Career by Tareq1105: 5:50am On Jun 10
Bobloco:

Tinubu, together with his co-travelers, thrives on lies, falsehood, and propaganda.

That was how they told and sold the lie that Tinubu built Lagos from scratch.

What do you know about politics? Keep on believing everything you hear from Atiku.

Ask Atiku why he left AC after the general election. After Atiku lost in 2007 he left AC and Tinubu continued with the Party.

If Atiku truly founded AC with Tinubu, how come he left the Party for Tinubu immediately he lost the election and went back to PDP?

Why didn't he stay with the Party he founded?

Think am my guy.
Re: Atiku: How I Saved Tinubu’s Political Career by tosine90(m): 5:50am On Jun 10
Thanks for help other people by giving them a life changing opportunity. I will love to benefit from your kind gesture. Am a very honest person. Chat me +234 8162570392
Eriokanmi:

Re: Atiku: How I Saved Tinubu’s Political Career by BelovedofLord: 5:50am On Jun 10
Eriokanmi:

Re: Atiku: How I Saved Tinubu’s Political Career by Tareq1105: 5:54am On Jun 10
MichaelSokoto:

May God immensely bless you Bros!
cool

Enemy of my enemy is my friend. E o tii po to.
Re: Atiku: How I Saved Tinubu’s Political Career by BelovedofLord: 5:58am On Jun 10
Reading your post, i just confirmed that, i'm not alone in these line of thoughts!
Wisdom will never depart from your lineage!!
EOD!!!
Re: Atiku: How I Saved Tinubu’s Political Career by Bobloco: 6:04am On Jun 10
Krankhead:
Stop distracting your . Everyone knows that ACN is a party for the western part of Nigeria which Tinubu co-ordinate, It was Tinubu that give the platform to Atiku to ru. Under it when OBJ was on Atiku neck

Atiku is referring to AC not the ACN

Get that correctly
Re: Atiku: How I Saved Tinubu’s Political Career by allthingsgood: 6:26am On Jun 10
Atiku just keeps getting smaller and pettier by the day.
Re: Atiku: How I Saved Tinubu’s Political Career by Image123(m): 6:37am On Jun 10
Thank you Atiku, we are grateful for this your achievement.
Re: Atiku: How I Saved Tinubu’s Political Career by loffyloffy: 6:54am On Jun 10
Eriokanmi:

I stopped reading your post the moment I read the emboldened....when I said I stopped, believe me I did, cos I did know the rest of the post would be childish and absolute nonsense. Let me ask you, why did he lose lagos , if the emboldened was true? You see why I said you're unintelligent? grin

Clearly you have not been following the election in Lagos to understand the petern..elections have always been close in Lagos. Even when APC has been winning the margin has been getting narrower in every cycle. This have nothing to do with BATs performance as governor, it is more a reflection of the changing demography in the state. #LagosElections #BAT #ChangingDemographics

This is not the SE where they just write results and pretend that they have election. #NotTheSE #ElectionIntegrity

That Tinubu lost Lagos by only 10,000 votes is a great testimony to his staying power, considering his age, the muslim/muslim ticket and all the online negativity against him. #Tinubu #StayingPower #MuslimMuslimTicket

You can see the margin of victory by the APC in the governorship election., in addition to that, APC got almost all the legislative position in Lagos. #APC #GovernorshipElection #LegislativePositions

And despite that 10k loss in Lagos, BAT still beat you guys with more than 2 million votes. #BAT #2MillionVotes

Respect the man, he is not your mate 💪🏽 #Respect #BAT #NotYourMate
Re: Atiku: How I Saved Tinubu’s Political Career by shinealight(m): 7:06am On Jun 10
Kukutente23:

It's not about swearing or not. It's something Atiku has mentioned two to three times with no rebuttal from Tinubu. This present one about AC was triggered by Shettima's claim that Tinubu saved Atiku from OBJ, a claim which was widely held by most Tinubu’s supporters. Now Atiku is rebutting it. You're suddenly clear- headed enough to know that Atiku is lying but you've never accepted Atiku’s claim that he saved Tinubu from the PDP onslaught in the SW. It's that bias which I'm calling your attention to. Some of you are too neck-deep in hero worshiping that the only thing that can be acceptable to you is what makes your god look good

You were asked a simple Question….how did Atiku save Tinubu from OBJ/PDP onslaught on the South-West governors in 2003 when OBJ was NEVER accepted in any State in the South-West at that time?
Were YOU present where the Rigging machinery was being oiled and put in motion?
Yet you’re prepared to SWEAR to it bcuz some story-teller “mentioned” it a number of times and was simply IGNORED for making claims without logical reasoning!
Is it by committing an ILLEGALITY (RIGGING) that you save someone in a Democracy?
Of course, Atiku’s assertion simply had to be ignored as Nonsense, which it was.
Hwvr, die-hard Northern lackeys can believe whatever makes them feel good….it’s totally inconsequential. cool cool
Re: Atiku: How I Saved Tinubu’s Political Career by DeepsightX: 7:27am On Jun 10
Bobloco:

Tinubu, together with his co-travelers, thrives on lies, falsehood, and propaganda.

That was how they told and sold the lie that Tinubu built Lagos from scratch.

Astonishing lie which nitwits are actually carrying on their heads.

Maybe they were born after 1999.
Re: Atiku: How I Saved Tinubu’s Political Career by HRMK: 7:41am On Jun 10
trash,balderdash and arrant nonsense!even when you took tinubu to both nigerian and american courts after the 2023 presidential elections!and all out of desperation to be the president!!
Re: Atiku: How I Saved Tinubu’s Political Career by AskNgige2: 7:42am On Jun 10
Eriokanmi:

God will always bless your honesty..

U are a man. Infact I want to be like u when I grow
Re: Atiku: How I Saved Tinubu’s Political Career by Omenlon: 7:50am On Jun 10
Mr saviour who couldn't save himself.
Re: Atiku: How I Saved Tinubu’s Political Career by Demurray: 8:09am On Jun 10
Sapasenator:

Egbe baba re lo'n pe ni didirin. O leko rara!
That's how he calls his father disinri at home Ile lo to beere( his bad mouthed started from home) Yoruba adage says Eso Ile la n mu rode

Though I'm not ATIKU fan
Re: Atiku: How I Saved Tinubu’s Political Career by senatordave1(m): 8:29am On Jun 10
Eriokanmi:

The yorubas who voted against tinubu in Lagos have regretted it.secobdly,the north will never vote obi
Re: Atiku: How I Saved Tinubu’s Political Career by kunle4toyeyaho: 8:43am On Jun 10
Eriokanmi:

Gibberish!
Of the 3 leading contestants,tell me who was the best? Is it a man who supervised the controversial privatisation policy of the then Government or the other one that could not proffer solution to common erosion problem for 8 years? What earned Tinubu the presidency is more of his democratic credentials. Id you know his contribution to the democracy we are enjoying today , you will admire him. He was in the fore front of NADECO and he really risked his life. Can you tell me the contribution of other 2 contestants to anti military struggle and our nascent democracy?
Yes, I agree PBAT took some hasty decisions but those decisions are very necessary. How can a reasonable government continue borrowing money to pay for fuel subsidy? How can a reasonable government continue to watch the gap in the official markets and parallel markets without doing anything to close it? Hence, a reason for floatation.Allegedly,about N30trillion were printed by the past government and crude were also sold in advance, so gou expect him to continue subsidising FX with paltry $3.7billion he met? There is no reasonable person who would not take these economic decisions, however, I object to the approach.
You have a right to your choice as a citizen but telling me Tinubu is not better based on track record is what isn't acceptable to me. God bless Nigeria
Re: Atiku: How I Saved Tinubu’s Political Career by Kukutente23: 9:03am On Jun 10
shinealight:

You were asked a simple Question….how did Atiku save Tinubu from OBJ/PDP onslaught on the South-West governors in 2003 when OBJ was NEVER accepted in any State in the South-West at that time?
Were YOU present where the Rigging machinery was being oiled and put in motion?
Yet you’re prepared to SWEAR to it bcuz some story-teller “mentioned” it a number of times and was simply IGNORED for making claims without logical reasoning!
Is it by committing an ILLEGALITY (RIGGING) that you save someone in a Democracy?
Of course, Atiku’s assertion simply had to be ignored as Nonsense, which it was.
Hwvr, die-hard Northern lackeys can believe whatever makes them feel good….it’s totally inconsequential. cool cool
OBJ was never accepted yet 5 out of 6 states turned from AD to OBJ's PDP. How old were you in 2003? OBJ was massively popular in the SW in 2003. He even did radio interviews in Yoruba towards 2003 elections.
It is funny folks like you will believe Tinubu made Buhari president despite Buhari coming out to deny it
Folks like you will believe Tinubu saved this and that without any evidence but when it is said that Tinubu was saved by someone else, you suddenly turn on LOGIC and begin to rationalise and ask for evidence.
The fact is this is not the first time Atiku said this. He said same thing towards 2023 elections when Tinubu claimed he supported him for 2007 elections and it is time for Atiku to return the favour. So if you can believe Tinubu, why do you find it difficult to believe Atiku but instead start manufacturing lies in your head? Western asslicker

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Sharia Police Arrests 11 Women for Drinking Alcohol, 'Romancing Men' / Four Officers Missing In Benue As Herdsmen Ambush Police Team / Kogi/Bayelsa Elections: We Won't Accept Any 11th-hour Judgements – INEC

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 106
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.