Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,175,470 members, 7,894,992 topics. Date: Friday, 19 July 2024 at 07:21 PM

Do We Have Special Forces In Nigeria: see pictures - Nairaland / General (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Do We Have Special Forces In Nigeria: see pictures (46632 Views)

Nairaland Trends At The Top Of Twitter Nigeria; See Comments About NL & Users / Harmless Owl Killed In Agbaro, Delta This Morning. See Pictures / See Pictures Of Weirdest Wedding Gowns From The Lord's Chosen Mass Wedding. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Do We Have Special Forces In Nigeria: see pictures by Nodogragra4me(m): 5:14pm On Jul 02
God1000:
I am not sure if we have special forces within our military, maybe they only exist on paper

We do have.

Not all the ones with SF t-shirt mounting roadblocks.

Special forces are recognised by the office of National security Adviser not special operation forces which are tactical units of the various armed forces.

The eye glass of special forces cost millions of naira, same goes their head gear
Re: Do We Have Special Forces In Nigeria: see pictures by Ever8090: 5:14pm On Jul 02
sunboy:
You know about other country's special forces but ridiculing your own home country... inferiority complex innit ?

Since you're lazy to do a simple good search about your country like you did for other country let me help.. Nigeria has special forces for the Army, Airforce and Navy.

The army: 72nd Special Forces Battalion
The navy: Special Boat Service (SBS)
The airforce: Airforce SOF

You're welcome.

note: It hurts when we show our unpatroitism on a public forum.
lying about the true situation of your country is not patriotism sir. Nigeria special forces only exist in our national budget, which means our own special forces are special politicians.

If you claim we have special forces and yet common Boko haram and bandits have been killing Nigerians for fun on daily basis but we haven't seen any special reaction from any force.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Do We Have Special Forces In Nigeria: see pictures by Kingdavid579(m): 5:15pm On Jul 02
ednut1:
I have never heard of our army sneaking into boko enclave to snip their ogas 😂

Them go say them be family men also o.

Who them wan leave their wives for? 😂
Re: Do We Have Special Forces In Nigeria: see pictures by Nodogragra4me(m): 5:15pm On Jul 02
okoroemeka:
is it not those ones that wear black long sleeve polo collecting money along okigwe road,what we have in Nigeria is special tax collector's

Those are special operation forces not special forces
Re: Do We Have Special Forces In Nigeria: see pictures by Ever8090: 5:15pm On Jul 02
Bobbyjay001:

So, you're a special force agent?
who dash am? grin person wey never see food chop since morning

1 Like

Re: Do We Have Special Forces In Nigeria: see pictures by Kobojunkie: 5:17pm On Jul 02
ojun50:
We have native doctors and Babalawo
Apt! 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣
Re: Do We Have Special Forces In Nigeria: see pictures by emperor4love(m): 5:18pm On Jul 02
For Nigeria sars the carry matchet and axe we don't know the cultist or people chasing them again
Re: Do We Have Special Forces In Nigeria: see pictures by Nicenixon: 5:19pm On Jul 02
I still wondered about the special unit of police, military or intelligence agencies that got Nnamdi Kanu extradited back into Nigeria successfully without leaking of information until Nigerian government made announcement.

4 Likes

Re: Do We Have Special Forces In Nigeria: see pictures by Newton1045: 5:20pm On Jul 02
We have too.
The yanbanga

Yan Sakai

Ibops
Re: Do We Have Special Forces In Nigeria: see pictures by Blazebond(m): 5:21pm On Jul 02
All units of the armed forces have special forces.

1 Like

Re: Do We Have Special Forces In Nigeria: see pictures by Kingdavid579(m): 5:21pm On Jul 02
From what I've read, it seems that no matter how harshly someone criticizes Nigeria, the truth is likely to be even worse.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Do We Have Special Forces In Nigeria: see pictures by Nodogragra4me(m): 5:21pm On Jul 02
God1000:
Too bad, some of them behave very unprofessional, though some nigerians are also stubborn and irrepressible

Special forces are hardly seen. Maybe with the president and Vice.

Not all with SF t-shirt belongs to SF. As a mayer of fact, they hardly wear such. Each of them cost almost 150m to dress up from uniform to glass to helmet and riffle
Re: Do We Have Special Forces In Nigeria: see pictures by NoPaddy4Jungle: 5:22pm On Jul 02
backtalkG:
theres special force in the army but i dont know of other forces
The navy has
Re: Do We Have Special Forces In Nigeria: see pictures by Ever8090: 5:23pm On Jul 02
jumper524:
we have most especially the NAVY SBS.
They received their training abroad.
They also receive jumbo allowances.
They gave militants and bokoharam a run for their money when asked too.
are you Lai Mohamed?..he was the one that said Boko haram has been technically defeated yet till this day, the guys keep growing stronger, i even read somewhere that Iswap a terrorist group have relocated from a neighbouring country to relax in Nigeria because it is safer to operate from here.

No special forces gave militant a run for their money sir, Late president Yar Adua quenched militancy In the Niger Delta region by his wisdom....

1 Like

Re: Do We Have Special Forces In Nigeria: see pictures by Urgent1Million: 5:24pm On Jul 02
God1000:
In some countries the Air force, army and navy have their own special forces

Nlfpmod
I know the NN has SBS.
I don't about the NA & NAF.
The NPF also has a SWAT team.
I don't know if that counts though.
Re: Do We Have Special Forces In Nigeria: see pictures by Lilfire(m): 5:24pm On Jul 02
The best here in Nigeria is the SBS of Nigerian Navy you can google there exploit they are one of the best here in africa if not the best am shock Nigerians dont know what is going on behind the scenes what is happening in war Zone, men are f8ghting and dying for you to have peace from Sambisa to Baga Zamfara to Kaduna Niger to Nasarawa down to Benue, Enugu Onitsha even the Niger Delta things are happening that you dont see in the news

4 Likes

Re: Do We Have Special Forces In Nigeria: see pictures by YouAreNobody: 5:25pm On Jul 02
Elsueno:

Yes, we do & they are very very good..extremely professional.....Even Boko haram terrorists do everything to avoid them.

In 2022, 30 special forces guys (I can't remember their particular division) ran into Boko Haram terrorists at Bornu. They took out more than half of the around 150 terrorists before reinforcements from the nearest army base arrived. They lost just 1 operative though a few had gunshot injuries.

Those guys are very good. People equate them with the normal army guys because of how the army has bastardized themselves. I've had the honor of working with them twice and I can't wait for my next assignment

2 Likes

Re: Do We Have Special Forces In Nigeria: see pictures by Ever8090: 5:25pm On Jul 02
YouAreNobody:
Nigeria does have special forces and they receive special training abroad.

Pictured below
1st: Navy SBS
2nd: Police Special Forces Rangers ( they also engage in COIN operations
3rd: DSS STAT
4th: MOPOL Special Forces (The Spear)
5th: Defence Special Forces (AFSF). picture not included
just look up, the commenter right before your comment have shown us their picture
Re: Do We Have Special Forces In Nigeria: see pictures by Kobojunkie: 5:26pm On Jul 02
Ever8090:
are you Lai Mohamed?..he was the one that said Boko haram has been technically defeated yet till this day, the guys keep growing stronger, i even read somewhere that Iswap a terrorist group have relocated from a neighbouring country to relax in Nigeria because it is safer to operate from here.

No special forces gave militant a run for their money sir, Late president Yar Adua quenched militancy In the Niger Delta region by his wisdom....
Quenched what militancy by what wisdom? Are you people always high or what? How does paying off some of the people amount to quenching militancy ? No be the same payoff your Fulani warriors up north dey also wait for now? undecided
Re: Do We Have Special Forces In Nigeria: see pictures by VirginOlosho: 5:26pm On Jul 02
Are Boko boys a joke to you? grin
Re: Do We Have Special Forces In Nigeria: see pictures by Madewithlove: 5:29pm On Jul 02
Bobbyjay001:
So, you're a special force agent?
To the core. Always doing the impossible.

2 Likes

Re: Do We Have Special Forces In Nigeria: see pictures by wetin7: 5:29pm On Jul 02
God1000:
I am not sure if we have special forces within our military, maybe they only exist on paper

Yes we have special forces of our own. Check the below thread:

https://www.nairaland.com/8067358/naf-panthers-nigerian-airforce-special
Re: Do We Have Special Forces In Nigeria: see pictures by Ever8090: 5:32pm On Jul 02
Kobojunkie:
Quenched what militancy by what wisdom? Are you people always high or what? How does paying off some of the people amount to quenching militancy ? No be the same payoff your Fulani warriors up north dey also wait for now? undecided
I am sure you are from that region that beats their fathers and mothers to sit at home on Mondays because you sound angry and frustrated like them.....I am not from the North and if you understand what i wrote in my comment you wont come up with this nonsense
Re: Do We Have Special Forces In Nigeria: see pictures by Realjass1: 5:32pm On Jul 02
Nigeria is really a funny place. They may have created one just to make money and because others have them and to just look good. You have to be proud of your country to volunteer yourself for such. Naija military, don't be foool, is a coded bussiness for Oga on top. You can take that to the bank!

1 Like

Re: Do We Have Special Forces In Nigeria: see pictures by officialfestus(m): 5:32pm On Jul 02
backtalkG:
theres special force in the army but i dont know of other forces
I don't think there's any.
Re: Do We Have Special Forces In Nigeria: see pictures by sunboy(m): 5:33pm On Jul 02
Ever8090:
lying about the true situation of your country is not patriotism sir. Nigeria special forces only exist in our national budget, which means our own special forces are special politicians.

If you claim we have special forces and yet common Boko haram and bandits have been killing Nigerians for fun on daily basis but we haven't seen any special reaction from any force.

Keep your ignorance to yourself. The SBS particularly is the most trained special forces in Nigeria and one of the best trained in Africa.

It’s unpatriotic to jump at news that bring down your country. This is the only HOME you have. Nigeria has special forces for all 3 arms … and they are active. Theres no point lying about that.

4 Likes

Re: Do We Have Special Forces In Nigeria: see pictures by Kobojunkie: 5:36pm On Jul 02
Ever8090:
I am sure you are from that region that beats their fathers and mothers to sit at home on Mondays because you sound angry and frustrated like them.....I am not from the North and if you understand what i wrote in my comment you wont come up with this nonsense
What am i to make of this rambling abeg? undecided

Again, Quenched what militancy by what wisdom? Are you people always high or what? How does paying off some of the people amount to quenching militancy ? No be the same payoff your Fulani warriors up north dey also wait for now? undecided
Re: Do We Have Special Forces In Nigeria: see pictures by Zubeezanga(m): 5:37pm On Jul 02
God1000:
We do, SF, If you have to hot zones around northern areas you will see them or with the police u see them unfortunately u go meet most of us for hot zones for north sir watch out for red beret that how u can know them
Re: Do We Have Special Forces In Nigeria: see pictures by MrPOTUS: 5:37pm On Jul 02
SangoOlukosoOba:

If you are not sure about something, it’s better to keep quite.

Nigeria has special forces.

Special force in theory.

Do you know d meaning of special force, you think it's to just say it with mouth undecided
Re: Do We Have Special Forces In Nigeria: see pictures by DrObum(m): 5:37pm On Jul 02
RealTrump:
We have, but you only see them when water pass garri.

I remember a time when Abuja was on code red for terrorist bombing.

The guys I saw that day were definitely higher than special forces.

Those guys are absolute "animals." You can't even look at their faces.
Na by rubbing charcoal for face?
Bullet no dey fear face ooo

There just several brutal units that you and I will never know about.

Re: Do We Have Special Forces In Nigeria: see pictures by izubext007: 5:37pm On Jul 02
yes , Nigeria has lot of special force

1. Boko Haram
2. Bandits
3. Ipob
4. ESN
5. AMATEKUN
6. NIGER DELTA MILITANT
Re: Do We Have Special Forces In Nigeria: see pictures by harjay1986: 5:38pm On Jul 02
ojun50:
We have native doctors and Babalawo

You sure say after life sure for you so

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

See The Big Python Found At The Back Of Our House. / 10 Acts That Lead Some Young Guys To Early Grave / Huge Python Caught In Owerri, Butchered In Front Of Children (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.