Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,170,603 members, 7,878,731 topics. Date: Wednesday, 03 July 2024 at 04:39 AM

Have You Used This Tomatoes To Cook Before? - Food (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / Have You Used This Tomatoes To Cook Before? (46370 Views)

Lady Shows Off Tomatoes And Peppers She Bought For 7k, Laments About High Cost / How Much Is This Tomatoes Worth In Your Present Location / Lessel In Benue Where A Basket Of Tomatoes Goes For N150 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Have You Used This Tomatoes To Cook Before? by paymentvoucher: 10:26am On Jun 10
It's time we invest on heavy farming in this country...

1 Like

Re: Have You Used This Tomatoes To Cook Before? by Sccarrr: 10:27am On Jun 10
I remember we had this tomato in our backyard growing up, u won't notice the difference with regular tomatoes in your stew...
Olachase:
which one be this one again

we no even day think about balance diet again we just day eat make we no die yet grin grin grin
na very nice tomato olodo...

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Have You Used This Tomatoes To Cook Before? by Dada4me: 10:28am On Jun 10
If this tomato Neva no my name by now, na slow learner...
Re: Have You Used This Tomatoes To Cook Before? by G0odharddick: 10:29am On Jun 10
Olachase:

we no even day think about balance diet again we just day eat make we no die yet grin grin grin

grin grin

We're now eating to survive bro
Re: Have You Used This Tomatoes To Cook Before? by Goodnewsforlife: 10:29am On Jun 10
Tokskob2008:
It has gotten to the level we now look for alternatives for almost every food item in this country and they say we are moving forward and we shouldn't complain

Abeg who sabi alternatives to garri and beans grin
oga this is not about poverty, this tomato have been in existence for years

We once planted it in our backyard n it’s very easy to use

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Have You Used This Tomatoes To Cook Before? by lauzun: 10:29am On Jun 10
Yes.
About 2005 or therabouts.
Very nice. The taste is unique.

3 Likes

Re: Have You Used This Tomatoes To Cook Before? by NaijaCover(m): 10:29am On Jun 10
What A Tomato
Re: Have You Used This Tomatoes To Cook Before? by faceland: 10:30am On Jun 10
Olachase:

What is "balance diet"? That must be a Chinese phrase. Too foreign and alien in this economy. 🤷🏿‍♂️

1 Like

Re: Have You Used This Tomatoes To Cook Before? by FLYFIRE(m): 10:30am On Jun 10
Plantain leaves are also very delicious undecided undecided

That is where APC supporters are headed...those that voted APC after 8 years of ten-year-pull-back, even though they LOST but stole the people's mandate, will las las eat grass

2 Likes

Re: Have You Used This Tomatoes To Cook Before? by Mom007(f): 10:30am On Jun 10
That is not a tomato. Its either a zucchini or courgette of the pumpkin family.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Have You Used This Tomatoes To Cook Before? by Oceanfl0w: 10:31am On Jun 10
I think it's called tomato Agwo in Igbo

1 Like

Re: Have You Used This Tomatoes To Cook Before? by MichaelSokoto(m): 10:31am On Jun 10
Baawaa:
This is Tinubu tomatoes."E lo fokan bale" grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
u played my fav tune...

allow me konkon below to it!
cool

Re: Have You Used This Tomatoes To Cook Before? by Goodnewsforlife: 10:32am On Jun 10
silento:
Make sure I write ur will if anything still dey aza if u are planning to eat this or use it to cook
oga don’t say what u don’t know

They are tomatoes n virtually every house had it at their backyard when we were growing up

All these indomie generation people talking crap

4 Likes

Re: Have You Used This Tomatoes To Cook Before? by faceland: 10:33am On Jun 10
Mom007:
That is not a tomato. Its either a zucchini or courgette of the pumpkin family.

Yeah, to have the colour which made them categorize it as tomatoes.
Pumpkin soup.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Have You Used This Tomatoes To Cook Before? by Holluwhakemmy(f): 10:33am On Jun 10
Yes we call it Tomato Elejo

8 Likes

Re: Have You Used This Tomatoes To Cook Before? by ericmor: 10:33am On Jun 10
Tokskob2008:
It has gotten to the level we now look for alternatives for almost every food item in this country and they say we are moving forward and we shouldn't complain

Any alternative you move to will also become expensive latter when demand is high
Re: Have You Used This Tomatoes To Cook Before? by vickthourh(m): 10:33am On Jun 10
Yes oooo
E dey my backyard... That's what we use here.,just like the regular tomatoes.

3 Likes

Re: Have You Used This Tomatoes To Cook Before? by Alamkir: 10:34am On Jun 10
obembet:
Heard this is tomato,
where is it found and have you used it to cook?

I plant it every year in my backyard for 5yrs now, iam surprised people are just knowing now because tomatoes are cost. Nigerians like to focus on one food without trying others, thats the reason some food are so expensive. It grows easily, doesn't need much rain and lt has to be completely red (not the one you posted above) for it to be sweet like tomato, but I still mix mine with tomatoes to get the combine nutrition.

8 Likes

Re: Have You Used This Tomatoes To Cook Before? by buharibanjo(m): 10:35am On Jun 10
U don't have to insult and ridicule a Prophet and a Religion just to tell people to accept Jesus Christ
Jesus never did that
you're sent from HELLL jsyk
mrrandomguy:
These are not tomatoes, they are another fruit.

allah is a demon from hell and Muhammad is allah's prophet. JESUS IS LORD. Accept Jesus today
Re: Have You Used This Tomatoes To Cook Before? by Toks2008(m): 10:36am On Jun 10
obembet:
Heard this is tomato,

Jesus wept.

Wettin be this?
Re: Have You Used This Tomatoes To Cook Before? by Meteng: 10:36am On Jun 10
Tokskob2008:

grin
Re: Have You Used This Tomatoes To Cook Before? by mrrandomguy: 10:36am On Jun 10
buharibanjo:
U don't have to insult and ridicule a Prophet and a Religion just to tell people to accept Jesus Christ
Jesus never did that
you're sent from HELLL jsyk
They should remove the useless declaration from my profile
Re: Have You Used This Tomatoes To Cook Before? by Sonnobax15(m): 10:36am On Jun 10
lipsrsealed
Nope..but I've seen someone who used it ...

It's very plenty in my former area cuz nobody dey reason am back then...But I no know about now cha grin
Re: Have You Used This Tomatoes To Cook Before? by Goodnewsforlife: 10:37am On Jun 10
Sccarrr:
I remember we had this tomato in our backyard growing up, u won't notice the difference with regular tomatoes in your stew... na very nice tomato olodo...
all these indomie generation don’t know anything

1 Like

Re: Have You Used This Tomatoes To Cook Before? by Dhavid(m): 10:37am On Jun 10
We call it tomato elejo (snake gourd tomato)
Re: Have You Used This Tomatoes To Cook Before? by Meteng: 10:37am On Jun 10
Olachase:

This would have been very funny if we weren’t in dire straits grin

1 Like

Re: Have You Used This Tomatoes To Cook Before? by Chicagograduate(m): 10:38am On Jun 10
Our life expectancy will reduce drastically because we are striving to feed.
Re: Have You Used This Tomatoes To Cook Before? by Toks2008(m): 10:38am On Jun 10
mrrandomguy:
These are not tomatoes, they are another fruit.

allah is a demon from hell and Muhammad is allah's prophet. JESUS IS LORD. Accept Jesus today

You will never get anybody saved with this your trashy attitude.

For the records, Allah is not a demon but the Arabic name for Jehovah the same GOD you serve. Just preach about salvation without condemning anybody and you will get more converts.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Have You Used This Tomatoes To Cook Before? by Helpfromabove1(m): 10:42am On Jun 10
obembet:
Heard this is tomato,

Yes it a nice tomato my wife planted it in my garden and we have been eating it since last year

3 Likes

Re: Have You Used This Tomatoes To Cook Before? by Pootle: 10:43am On Jun 10
Holluwhakemmy:
Yes we call it Tomato Elejo

the english name
Re: Have You Used This Tomatoes To Cook Before? by Emma1Oj(m): 10:43am On Jun 10
Olachase:

😂😂😂😂 u b goat!
Re: Have You Used This Tomatoes To Cook Before? by Viccur(m): 10:43am On Jun 10
This variant is sweeter and more nutritious than tomatoes

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

22 Foods Nigerians Miss Most While Living Abroad / Costing Of Rice For 200 People / Bought A Tin Of Peak Milk And Milo For Four Thousand Seven Hundred Naira

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.