Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,173,364 members, 7,888,172 topics. Date: Friday, 12 July 2024 at 08:56 PM

Black American Woman Abandoned In Lagos - Romance (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Black American Woman Abandoned In Lagos (9894 Views)

56-Year-Old American Woman Shows Off Her 26-Year-Old Nigerian Husband (Video) / American Woman Marries Kenyan Primary Two Dropout, Claims God Told Her To / 46-year-old American Woman, Set To Marry Her 23-year-old Nigerian Lover (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Black American Woman Abandoned In Lagos by 1Sharon(f): 3:04pm On Jun 10
nairaman66:

Obviously she has sisters who push for gender equality to the extreme and advices her to leave the man that she deserves better. Deserving better goes both ways. He never cheated nor did anything to the wife!

Okay. I hear you. Seems like the sister was jealous.

1 Like

Re: Black American Woman Abandoned In Lagos by nairaman66(m): 3:06pm On Jun 10
1Sharon:

Okay. I hear you. Seems like the sister was jealous.

That’s their business. One thing right is that, one has to be careful whom he or she wants to settle down with. Stuffs are going on

3 Likes

Re: Black American Woman Abandoned In Lagos by Emmanuel909090: 3:36pm On Jun 10
TheTravelingOne:
I gave up everything I own and moved here from the states to marry my Nigerian man and build a new life with him. We were long distance for 2 years and I’ve now lived here 2.5 years. We’ve been on/off/on/off most of the time I’ve lived here.
Now finally, we had a come to Jesus with each other and decided to marry, relocate to South Africa and apply for him to live in the US. He left going to SA, saying he’s coming back in 3 weeks. 3 weeks has now turned to 3 months. & now, yesterday he told me he’s not coming back. He said he’s not marrying me and I should marry his eldest brother if I want to marry.
So now I sit here in SHOCK….
I honestly don’t know what to do. His family is also shocked.
While he’s there, a few weeks ago, I caught him with a girl on IG, which he denies.
We’ve had our ups and downs but I honestly never thought he would outright abandon me in Nigeria while he goes to another country. What kind of person does this
I’m still trying to pick myself up off the floor.

& before you say scam. I felt like I knew him since being together for 4 years, I believe he truly loved me but something happened since he went to SA. Maybe the girl I found him with or maybe he just decided he doesn’t want me after all. And that’s fine but this isn’t the way you leave someone, abandoning them in Nigeria.
Luckily for me, his family is supportive and helpful.
Otherwise I’d be 100% lost.
I’m just venting because honestly I’m in shock & hurting.

If you are interested we can start new.
Re: Black American Woman Abandoned In Lagos by 1Sharon(f): 3:41pm On Jun 10
Emmanuel909090:

If you are interested we can start new.

Buziness101:

Forget about him dear, I'll marry you instead and we live happily ever after... He does not deserve a good woman like you. U deserve better. Please contact me 08113259274
Scammers.

Everything you claim Nigerian women are, is exactly what you are. Your leaching nature manifests when you encounter foreign women.

3 Likes

Re: Black American Woman Abandoned In Lagos by TheTravelingOne(f): 3:55pm On Jun 10
NO IM NOT OVERWEIGHT. I’ve lost too much weight from all the stress.

Homeboiy:
How old are you?
And how old is he?

Are you overweight?
Akata levels

2 Likes

Re: Black American Woman Abandoned In Lagos by TheTravelingOne(f): 4:01pm On Jun 10
Exactly as I will do.
I’m still shocked that a man can abandon his American woman and relocate to another country. Then tell me to marry his brother. Maybe I’m just naive to what men can do.
When I found the girl he is dealing with over there, I contacted ALL of her family & told them she was a hoe & this pissed him off severely. I hurt his real girl I guess, when he was just telling me he loved me. It’s not for the visa I offer, if it were, he would have pushed me to do it for him over the past 4 years. & he hasn’t. We were in love. This girl bit seems changed everything for him. I guess that’s life. Just a hard pill to swallow

Yxxx:
Return back to your country. Plan his deportation from SA and harden up. Don't reconcile with him again, don't be a fool twice. I pray genuine love finds you. Pick yourself together and move on.

1 Like

Re: Black American Woman Abandoned In Lagos by TheTravelingOne(f): 4:02pm On Jun 10
All these guys emailing me. Please stop. I’m not interested.

1 Like

Re: Black American Woman Abandoned In Lagos by Sapasenator: 4:07pm On Jun 10
TheTravelingOne:

Go back to the the US and forget the guy, he never loved you. You will have more support system available than in Nigeria.

5 Likes

Re: Black American Woman Abandoned In Lagos by 1000Capacity: 4:12pm On Jun 10
TheTravelingOne:
I’m not a liability like you are saying. I work and make USD, I’m good financially. But being thrown away and abandoned in a foreign country doesn’t feel good.

I understand you are broken because of the level of commitment you have made. You came all the way down here based on love.
That's alot.

Some times, it's best to cut people off and salvage what you can. Do let anyone emotionally manipulate you. If the family was good enough, they would councel the Son to quit misbehaving.
I am sure the same mother in law that acts like she is caring mocks you behind your back...

3 Likes

Re: Black American Woman Abandoned In Lagos by 1000Capacity: 4:13pm On Jun 10
TheTravelingOne:
I sent one
Re: Black American Woman Abandoned In Lagos by udomonday: 4:16pm On Jun 10
Sometimes in life,the person you think is your body and soul and you fall head over heels in love with is not the one for you,he is just a channel for you to meet someone that is truly meant for you.just pick your self up,and decide on what to do about yourself.if you choose to settle in Nigeria ,then think of how to get your self useful and independent either by doing business or finding a job,take good care of yourself and free your mind from the stress you have been through.go out and meet people and gradually get your life back,I bet you lots of men out there are praying everyday to meet a woman like you.

8 Likes

Re: Black American Woman Abandoned In Lagos by Bliztzer: 4:22pm On Jun 10
TheTravelingOne:
The story is 100% true. It’s me I wrote about, my life. I gave up my nice comfortable life to come to Lagos for this man. My nice apartment, my BMW, 90% of my belongings down to 3 suitcases I came here with. I have nothing to go back too, nothing. My family can’t take me, I am not their responsibility nor do I want to be a burden to them. They told me not to come here and I thought I would prove them wrong.
I never in a million years expected a man to tell me he loves me one day, then leave Nigeria never to return the next day.
What kind of human being can do this kind of shxt?

Where ever he is, the heavy hands of recompense will bring him to kneels. However, you must do one thing, forgive and let God do his job.

There is nothing here in nigeria, please Go back to America and start anew.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Black American Woman Abandoned In Lagos by Buziness101: 4:28pm On Jun 10
TheTravelingOne:
I gave up everything I own and moved here from the states to marry my Nigerian man and build a new life with him. We were long distance for 2 years and I’ve now lived here 2.5 years. We’ve been on/off/on/off most of the time I’ve lived here.
Now finally, we had a come to Jesus with each other and decided to marry, relocate to South Africa and apply for him to live in the US. He left going to SA, saying he’s coming back in 3 weeks. 3 weeks has now turned to 3 months. & now, yesterday he told me he’s not coming back. He said he’s not marrying me and I should marry his eldest brother if I want to marry.
While he’s there, a few weeks ago, I caught him with a girl on IG, which he denies.
We’ve had our ups and downs but I honestly never thought he would outright abandon me in Nigeria while he goes to another country. What kind of person does this

& before you say scam. I felt like I knew him since being together for 4 years, I believe he truly loved me but something happened since he went to SA. Maybe the girl I found him with or maybe he just decided he doesn’t want me after all. And that’s fine but this isn’t the way you leave someone, abandoning them in Nigeria.

Forget about him dear, I'll marry you instead and we live happily ever after... He does not deserve a good woman like you. U deserve better. Please contact me 08113259274
Re: Black American Woman Abandoned In Lagos by Sapasenator: 4:43pm On Jun 10
Buziness101:

Just like that? Na so them dey marry?

Oturu Kpeke!

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Black American Woman Abandoned In Lagos by danzaki63: 4:46pm On Jun 10
Show us her Picture now !!!! Maybe i can manage her and marry her immediately, No waste time.
Re: Black American Woman Abandoned In Lagos by descartes400: 5:01pm On Jun 10
stacyadams:

First thing first apologize to your parents first and sort ur issues with ur parents.. your family will always be there for you...talk to your boyfriend again and reconfirm he is no longer interested in marrying you.[i][/i].then begin make preparation on how to go back unless you have made up ur mind to remain in naija..cos really I don't know how long ur boyfriend's family will accommodate you.you need to look out for yourself now

I do not agree with the embolden above! That's a betrayal no one, either male or female should forgive! He cheated and has absconded to chase more pu55ies. He even have the audacity to pass her off to his elder brother? WTF! shocked

There's no point for her to stay in Nigeria, she's better off returning home and to her family.

5 Likes

Re: Black American Woman Abandoned In Lagos by Lucian565: 5:03pm On Jun 10
It Must have been one of those fraudsters wr have in lagos, I'm sure you were sending him money before you moved down, well he is a shallow minded fellow and couldn't see the bigger picture, but what the guy did is wickedness of the highest order, kindly find your way home...May God heal your heart and be with you... 🌹
TheTravelingOne:

1 Like

Re: Black American Woman Abandoned In Lagos by TheTravelingOne(f): 5:16pm On Jun 10
I’m very tempted to post a picture. I know everyone thinks I’m a monster but really I’m not. & I’m not interested in anyone any time soon. I’m hurt, hurting, wounded and not even sure how to breathe at the moment

danzaki63:
Show us her Picture now !!!! Maybe i can manage her and marry her immediately, No waste time.

2 Likes

Re: Black American Woman Abandoned In Lagos by Came4amod: 5:17pm On Jun 10
TheTravelingOne:
I’m not a liability like you are saying. I work and make USD, I’m good financially. But being thrown away and abandoned in a foreign country doesn’t feel good.

Just move on .. don't let love put u in a wrong place .. Nigeria is not even safe .. move back to America.. remove sentiments ..

1 Like

Re: Black American Woman Abandoned In Lagos by Curious345: 5:22pm On Jun 10
Tales by moonlight

1 Like

Re: Black American Woman Abandoned In Lagos by Sapasenator: 5:23pm On Jun 10
TheTravelingOne:
I’m very tempted to post a picture. I know everyone thinks I’m a monster but really I’m not. & I’m not interested in anyone any time soon. I’m hurt, hurting, wounded and not even sure how to breathe at the moment

We don't need your picture. There are zillions of pictures online.
You have to work on your decision making skills, very poor I must say, who leaves her life and job behind to go meet someone they met online, except you had nothing going on for you in the US. A visit would have sufficed to check things out but common, liquidating your life in the US for an online bf.
The guy is an idiot but you need to move on.

6 Likes

Re: Black American Woman Abandoned In Lagos by Fireoflife: 5:40pm On Jun 10
TheTravelingOne:
We are not married. He went to South Africa for 3 weeks to get his visa settled, said he’s be back and we will get married, then both relocate to SA together THEN apply for his US visa. Now he’s been gone 3 months next week and I was told last night that he’s not coming back and to marry his brother if I want to marry someone
Mind you, we were fine, making plans and on good terms with each other & our plans until I stumbled on a girl he befriended there about 2-3 weeks ago. Since then, I guess he’s decided he’s not coming back for me. I have no idea what changed him from I love you to, im not coming back and telling me to marry his brother.
He is a music “artist” by the way. He uses his music that he makes zero money from to get females.
I’m so done. I’m very very close to getting him deported from SA.

don't, just try to be a better version of the person you were before. You'll need to, if you want to live without regrets.
By the way i think the guy is a low life and you're better off without him. If you really want to get back to him then ignore his entire existence and watch him run back to you

1 Like

Re: Black American Woman Abandoned In Lagos by TheTravelingOne(f): 5:42pm On Jun 10
See you’re assuming. I visited him
Several times before I moved to Nigeria. I had a good job, new BMW and a nice apartment. I gave all of it up for love and connection. And only after 2 years of long distance.

Sapasenator:

We don't need your picture. There are zillions of pictures online.
You have to work on your decision making skills, very poor I must say, who leaves their lives and jobs behind to go meet someone they met online, except you had nothing going on for you in the US. A visit would have sufficed to check things out but common, liquidating your life in the US for an online bf.
The guy is an idiot but you need to move on.

1 Like

Re: Black American Woman Abandoned In Lagos by Sapasenator: 5:57pm On Jun 10
TheTravelingOne:
See you’re assuming. I visited him
Several times before I moved to Nigeria. I had a good job, new BMW and a nice apartment. I gave all of it up for love and connection. And only after 2 years of long distance.

So what's your next step? I will advise you return to the US, to your family for support until you are back on your feet. Consider this a huge life lesson.
Love is an emotive feeling that comes and goes. Never give away your livelihood for love no matter the circumstances. Even in marriage, never give away your individuality and Identity for love. No one can help you on NairalandLand.

5 Likes

Re: Black American Woman Abandoned In Lagos by imagrg(m): 5:58pm On Jun 10
Come let me show you what true love is.
Hope your toto is still in tact?
Re: Black American Woman Abandoned In Lagos by Ajoself(m): 6:00pm On Jun 10
My best advice to you is to try and leave this goddamn country. It is getting worse every now and then, and it may tamper with your mental health. I understand it's not easy to be betrayed but just try and gather yourself back. He will regret his action but you will be better than he left you.

1 Like

Re: Black American Woman Abandoned In Lagos by Ajoself(m): 6:03pm On Jun 10
If your story is really true and not made up. Don't mind anyone here trying to play Mr nice guy, they are all for the money or probably to leave Nigeria together.

2 Likes

Re: Black American Woman Abandoned In Lagos by Sapasenator: 6:08pm On Jun 10
Yxxx:
Return back to your country. Plan his deportation from SA and harden up. Don't reconcile with him again, don't be a fool twice. I pray genuine love finds you. Pick yourself together and move on.

Why waste her time any further planning his deportation from SA. Makes no sense whatsoever
Re: Black American Woman Abandoned In Lagos by TheTravelingOne(f): 6:33pm On Jun 10
I’m not expecting anyone to help me on here. I’m just In shock honestly.

Sapasenator:

So what's your next step? I will advise you return to the US, to your family for support until you are back on your feet. Consider this a huge life lesson.
Love is an emotive feeling that comes and goes. Never give away your livelihood for love no matter the circumstances. Even in marriage, never give away your individuality and Identity for love. No one can help you on NairalandLand.
Re: Black American Woman Abandoned In Lagos by elmagnifico411(m): 6:54pm On Jun 10
nairaman66:

It’s not a male thing, ladies are demonic as well as guys in this regard. My best friend in Lagos relocated his family to the UK early this year, he paid for his wife’s master degree program and paid for more than 3-4 months rent at 1k pounds/month plus. Guess what? The wife, the wife frustrated him overseas and seized his passport saying she doesn’t want the marriage anymore. Took his kids, it was a miracle how the guy came back to Nigeria to start over again. When he got back, he called me and we were both crying on the phone. This guy spent more that 60-70M, he lost his wife, kids and sanity!
this gist pain me aswesrigad, nad I no know if to sorry for your guy or not.. we men still never get this japa thing clear.. why would u spend so much and still be d dependant? Why kain nonsense be that? Why didn't he go for the masters himself? How person go throwey him life like that? Which kain love be that? All the money he worked for, and it could be that he borrowed some of the money, all for one woman to cime treat am like thrash? He pain me oh, but I no fit cry for/with am. I love my wife yea, but I can't take such risk of. UK na yeye place to be with all those stupid laws enslaving black men. How can I suffer so much for the family and loose everything? The long and short of it is, this japa thing isn't for everybody . It's really annoying.

5 Likes

Re: Black American Woman Abandoned In Lagos by Sirhush(m): 6:56pm On Jun 10
Life no balance waiting one person dey find another man dey run away from am. Just work on your self and pray for better man
Re: Black American Woman Abandoned In Lagos by advanceDNA: 6:58pm On Jun 10
Fireoflife:
If you're his lawfully wedded wife. Please move in with his family. They are now your family too and will be your support system. Ignore him.

Lol...

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Signs You Are With A Weak Man / Lady Reveals What She Saw After She Tried Grabbing Boobs Of Her 12yr Old Sister / I Can't Even Hold It That's How Everywhere Burst With Squirt.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.