Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,168,913 members, 7,872,954 topics. Date: Thursday, 27 June 2024 at 05:18 AM

FG Threatens To Sanction Hospitals Refusing To Treat Emergency Patients - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / FG Threatens To Sanction Hospitals Refusing To Treat Emergency Patients (5825 Views)

The Strike Continues As FG Threatens No Work No Pay For Doctors / NARD Nationwide Strike: FG Threatens Actions Against NARD / Chinese Hospitals Refusing To Attend To Pregnant Black Women. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

FG Threatens To Sanction Hospitals Refusing To Treat Emergency Patients by BeeBeeOoh(m): 12:00pm On Jun 10
The Federal Government has threatened to sue hospitals that decline to treat patients rushed in for emergency treatment.

The Minister of Women Affairs, Uju Kennedy-Ohanenye, issued the warning on Sunday at the “Unlock Grants Award” event in Abuja.

Recall that earlier this year, the Federal Ministry of Health was given a mandate by the House of Representatives to take firm action against hospitals and healthcare facilities that refuse to treat accident or gunshot victims without first obtaining a police report.

Kennedy-Ohanenye, however, said that Federal Government hospitals would henceforth be required to place signs outside their doors that reads: ‘No more rejection of emergency patients’.

She said: “Our hospitals will also put a sign of ‘No more rejection of emergency patients.’ These are some of the major issues we have in this country. I am in touch with Maitama Hospital. But now, I have a mobile court for any hospital that does that.

“I use this opportunity to call on all Nigerians to be vigilant.

“Let me also say that I am proud of Nigerians. I love the way they are using social media to tackle issues. But focus and continue to tackle the main issues as you are doing. Keep it up. But this is the time for action.

“Let all of us buckle up to prevent emergency patients from being rejected. I am still going to keep calling on Nigerians. This fight is not for one person alone. It is for all of us.”

https://dailypost.ng/2024/06/10/nigerian-govt-to-sanction-hospitals-refusing-to-treat-emergency-patients/

8 Likes

Re: FG Threatens To Sanction Hospitals Refusing To Treat Emergency Patients by Namaster: 12:15pm On Jun 10
Not just the hospitals but INDIVIDUAL Doctors and Nurses should be punished SEVERELY.

Their license should be REVOKED!

You will NEVER find a more concrete display of CALLOUSNESS and PURE EVIL than in a Nigerian Public Hospital.

The degree of NONCHALANCE and NEGLIGENCE displayed by the doctors and nurses on duty have probably killed more people than actual diseases.

It's INSANE!

A patient will be groaning in pain while nurses and doctors would be on their phones scrolling Instagram and Twitter.

38 Likes 1 Share

Re: FG Threatens To Sanction Hospitals Refusing To Treat Emergency Patients by Ever8090: 12:44pm On Jun 10
It's a good move if they can go on and do it...

2 Likes

Re: FG Threatens To Sanction Hospitals Refusing To Treat Emergency Patients by PlasmaTV: 1:39pm On Jun 10
Empty threats

2 Likes

Re: FG Threatens To Sanction Hospitals Refusing To Treat Emergency Patients by Chikel20000(m): 1:39pm On Jun 10
Talk n no do government
Re: FG Threatens To Sanction Hospitals Refusing To Treat Emergency Patients by Curious345: 1:40pm On Jun 10
Good.

I was one day at gbagada general Hospital and an emergency case was ambulanced in.

and I saw the lethargic job approach of the medical personnel on ground towards the victim.
And in a very short while as predicted the victim succumbed to his injury and died > due to negligence.

In 30 minutes , the family of the deceased violently approached the emergency section of the hospital destroying everything inside & in sight and almost maiming some medical personnel on ground .

I supported the action

22 Likes 1 Share

Re: FG Threatens To Sanction Hospitals Refusing To Treat Emergency Patients by Thundafireseun: 1:40pm On Jun 10
This is long overdue…

Buh the best thing could have been each hospital in Nigeria should have at least 2 to 4 standby police officers who investigate any possible cases of gunshot wounds or heavy multiple knife wounds….

While the doctors and nurses Commence treatments immediately

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: FG Threatens To Sanction Hospitals Refusing To Treat Emergency Patients by Fr33born(m): 1:40pm On Jun 10
Na today we start to dey hear this one?

Abegiii!

4 Likes

Re: FG Threatens To Sanction Hospitals Refusing To Treat Emergency Patients by Negroid001(m): 1:40pm On Jun 10
If you no get money no even reason healthcare for this country.

1 Like

Re: FG Threatens To Sanction Hospitals Refusing To Treat Emergency Patients by PheelzAlmighty: 1:41pm On Jun 10
Fvcking clowns

1 Like

Re: FG Threatens To Sanction Hospitals Refusing To Treat Emergency Patients by jericco1(m): 1:41pm On Jun 10
Na today I lost a friend last year due to this nonsense

2 Likes

Re: FG Threatens To Sanction Hospitals Refusing To Treat Emergency Patients by FeliciaOja(f): 1:42pm On Jun 10
Ok
Re: FG Threatens To Sanction Hospitals Refusing To Treat Emergency Patients by Racoon(m): 1:42pm On Jun 10
Same hospital that are now death-traps? Same FG that goes to treat it own emergencies abroad?

3 Likes

Re: FG Threatens To Sanction Hospitals Refusing To Treat Emergency Patients by Bubu4Sea: 1:46pm On Jun 10
Good move
Re: FG Threatens To Sanction Hospitals Refusing To Treat Emergency Patients by Skillsnigeria: 1:47pm On Jun 10
Noted
Re: FG Threatens To Sanction Hospitals Refusing To Treat Emergency Patients by lawalayo1a: 1:49pm On Jun 10
smiley
Re: FG Threatens To Sanction Hospitals Refusing To Treat Emergency Patients by greens(m): 1:49pm On Jun 10
Namaster:
Not just the hospitals but INDIVIDUAL Doctors and Nurses should be punished SEVERELY.

You will NEVER find a more concrete display of CALLOUSNESS and PURE EVIL than in a Nigerian Public Hospital.

The degree of NONCHALANCE and NEGLIGENCE displayed by the doctors and nurses on duty have probably killed more people than actual diseases.

It's INSANE!

A patient will be groaning in pain while nurses and doctors would be on their phones scrolling Instagram and Twitter.
So after the patient is treated and he refused or can't pay the bill, and 10 patients do it like that, the hospital who will pay staffs and pay for the drugs should just forget? Is that how you run your own business?

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: FG Threatens To Sanction Hospitals Refusing To Treat Emergency Patients by Ekpekus(m): 1:52pm On Jun 10
greens:
So after the patient is treated and he refused or can't pay the bill, and 10 patients do it like that, the hospital who will pay staffs and pay for the drog should just forget? Is that how you run your own business?
Well said
Re: FG Threatens To Sanction Hospitals Refusing To Treat Emergency Patients by stasius: 1:56pm On Jun 10
Big clown!

Provide adequate well-staffed hospitals first!

1 Like

Re: FG Threatens To Sanction Hospitals Refusing To Treat Emergency Patients by Jagabanarmy: 2:00pm On Jun 10
Curious345:
Good.

I was one day at gbagada general Hospital and an emergency case was ambulanced in.

and I saw the lethargic job approach of the medical personnel on ground towards the victim.
And in a very short while as predicted the victim succumbed to his injury and died > due to negligence.

In 30 minutes , the family of the deceased violently approached the emergency section of the hospital destroying everything inside & in sight and almost maiming some medical personnel on ground .

I supported the action
Nice one from his people.. supported too

1 Like

Re: FG Threatens To Sanction Hospitals Refusing To Treat Emergency Patients by olaolaking: 2:02pm On Jun 10
Namaster:

It's INSANE!

If after treating the patient with drugs and other things in the tune of 150k and the patient could not pay, will the hospital not close down if 10 people do like that in that hospital?

2 Likes

Re: FG Threatens To Sanction Hospitals Refusing To Treat Emergency Patients by mrken32(m): 2:04pm On Jun 10
Please my fellow nairalanders.
How can a get a loan for my business from firstbank or any other bank.
Please if you have any clue whatsapp me on 07044867174
Am very serious about this please.
BeeBeeOoh:

https://dailypost.ng/2024/06/10/nigerian-govt-to-sanction-hospitals-refusing-to-treat-emergency-patients/
Re: FG Threatens To Sanction Hospitals Refusing To Treat Emergency Patients by onyxo76(m): 2:04pm On Jun 10
Namaster:

It's INSANE!

what if the hospital doesn't have the requirement to manage such an emergency? or you think every hospital fit manage basal skull fracture or ruptured aortic aneurysm.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: FG Threatens To Sanction Hospitals Refusing To Treat Emergency Patients by blowjohn(m): 2:05pm On Jun 10
I agree completely.
At the same time, FG should also make it mandatory that emergency patients also carry money along to the hospital.

I have see many people, both male and female who would rather spend money on alcohol/woman or hair than spend on their health.

I was involved in one recently.
This guy, apparently, had gone to flex with a girl he just met and aside the cigarette, weed he smokes, must have taken some other drugs too.

Was leaving a hotel when he stumbled in and immediately lay on the cold floor.
He was coming from a hospital where he was asked to pay some amount which he didn't oblige to.

I read the referral letter and noticed his breathing had siezed for about an hour and his SPO2 was 75 percent.

So he need urgent help.

Oya do u have funds? He kept saying he has money in his crypto account.
His friend kept trying to make me me attend to him that they will pay later.

I asked him if it's air I'll used to administer salbutamol.

To cut the long story short: these guys had hundreds of thousands hiding somewhere as I discovered the day after. In fact they checked into a hotel of 20k per night the next day.

Case 2: a lady called me to complain about lumps on her breasts. I told her to go see a consultant in a certain hospital. Also told her to take some money , like 30k.

She shouted that it's too much.
So I kept quiet.
Then I called her back and asked her if she knows anything about breast cancer. She said no. I told her that God forbid the lumps are cancerous, the red Toyota Camry, the house she lives in, and her dry cleaning business will be like nonsense to her.

U see, I think people have a very hard time understanding that money is nonsense when a Heath threat is involved.

U rush to the hospital for help and u cannot pay. For what nw?

As for doctors and nurses who won't attend to emergency cases, they shud be dealt with decisively and the hospital sanctioned.

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: FG Threatens To Sanction Hospitals Refusing To Treat Emergency Patients by onadana: 2:08pm On Jun 10
The hospital's should be shut down to serve as a deterrent to others.That is the only language Nigerian's will understand.
Re: FG Threatens To Sanction Hospitals Refusing To Treat Emergency Patients by Threedoorsdown: 2:12pm On Jun 10
They are not ready since they are still threatening

They should make an example of these guys and the others will sit up

Curious345:
Good.

I supported the action
Re: FG Threatens To Sanction Hospitals Refusing To Treat Emergency Patients by blowjohn(m): 2:13pm On Jun 10
onyxo76:

what if the hospital doesn't have the requirement to manage such an emergency? or you think every hospital fit manage basal skull fracture or ruptured aortic aneurysm.

Many of them go rush go hospital without money like say the hospital na for free

3 Likes

Re: FG Threatens To Sanction Hospitals Refusing To Treat Emergency Patients by kiddkash(m): 2:17pm On Jun 10
I have given up on Nigeria. When I rushed my father to Navy hospital ojo barracks, alakija.
The nurses saw it was an emergency and instead of doing something, they said first we must get card, pay deposit. Everything we paid was about 250,000.

They said my father needed surgery, we would pay for ambulance that would go and bring the doctor, paid another 100,000 for ambulance. Surgeon came, examined my father and said it would be better to move him to his own hospital Navy barrack refused my father to follow the doctor on the ambulance back to his hospital, said we need to pay another 40,000 to take my father to the hospital. This was more than 3 hours.
When the ambulance came back and the unprofessional nurses started debating who would follow my father to the surgeon's hospital. More than 40 minutes passed, my father started gasping for air. Then 3 nurses finally decided to follow my father.

When the arrived at the surgeon's hospital, he examined my father and pronounced him dead.

If this was a working country, they would have been sued for gross negligence. Everything is on CCTV footage of the hospital. I am just returning from burying my father

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Spiced UP! Dont Just Drink Ogi/pap! This Type Works Best For You And Your Babies / FG Rebuilds 4000 Healthcare Centres, Earmarks N14b For Facilities / COVID-19 Update For July 1 2021 In Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.