Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,181,954 members, 7,915,800 topics. Date: Friday, 09 August 2024 at 10:37 AM

FG Threatens To Sanction Hospitals Refusing To Treat Emergency Patients - Health (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / FG Threatens To Sanction Hospitals Refusing To Treat Emergency Patients (6031 Views)

The Strike Continues As FG Threatens No Work No Pay For Doctors / NARD Nationwide Strike: FG Threatens Actions Against NARD / Chinese Hospitals Refusing To Attend To Pregnant Black Women. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: FG Threatens To Sanction Hospitals Refusing To Treat Emergency Patients by hafeeanubasy: 2:24pm On Jun 10
WHEN WILL FG START TO DEY ARREST EATERIES THAT DONT ATTEND TO HUNGRY POOR PEOPLE AND PEOPLE WITH EMERGENCY HUNGER?

WHEN WILL FG START TO DEY ARREST DRIVERS THAT DONT CARRY STRANDED PASSENGERS FOR FREE?

4 Likes

Re: FG Threatens To Sanction Hospitals Refusing To Treat Emergency Patients by Ekpekus(m): 2:31pm On Jun 10
blowjohn:
I agree completely.
At the same time, FG should also make it mandatory that emergency patients also carry money along to the hospital.

I have see many people, both male and female who would rather spend money on alcohol/woman or hair than spend on their health.

I was involved in one recently.
This guy, apparently, had gone to flex with a girl he just met and aside the cigarette, weed he smokes, must have taken some other drugs too.

Was leaving a hotel when he stumbled in and immediately lay on the cold floor.
He was coming from a hospital where he was asked to pay some amount which he didn't oblige to.

I read the referral letter and noticed his breathing had siezed for about an hour and his SPO2 was 75 percent.

So he need urgent help.

Oya do u have funds? He kept saying he has money in his crypto account.
His friend kept trying to make me me attend to him that they will pay later.

I asked him if it's air I'll used to administer salbutamol.

To cut the long story short: these guys had hundreds of thousands hiding somewhere as I discovered the day after. In fact they checked into a hotel of 20k per night the next day.

Case 2: a lady called me to complain about lumps on her breasts. I told her to go see a consultant in a certain hospital. Also told her to take some money , like 30k.

She shouted that it's too much.
So I kept quiet.
Then I called her back and asked her if she knows anything about breast cancer. She said no. I told her that God forbid the lumps are cancerous, the red Toyota Camry, the house she lives in, and her dry cleaning business will be like nonsense to her.

U see, I think people have a very hard time understanding that money is nonsense when a Heath threat is involved.

U rush to the hospital for help and u cannot pay. For what nw?

As for doctors and nurses who won't attend to emergency cases, they shud be dealt with decisively and the hospital sanctioned.
Well articulated with good examples

1 Like

Re: FG Threatens To Sanction Hospitals Refusing To Treat Emergency Patients by Ekpekus(m): 2:32pm On Jun 10
hafeeanubasy:
WHEN WILL FG START TO DEY ARREST EATERIES THAT DONT ATTEND TO HUNGRY POOR PEOPLE AND PEOPLE WITH EMERGENCY HUNGER?

WHEN WILL FG START TO DEY ARREST DRIVERS THAT DONT CARRY STRANDED PASSENGERS FOR FREE?
grin grin grin
Re: FG Threatens To Sanction Hospitals Refusing To Treat Emergency Patients by Thegamingorca(m): 2:34pm On Jun 10
Re: FG Threatens To Sanction Hospitals Refusing To Treat Emergency Patients by blowjohn(m): 2:35pm On Jun 10
Ekpekus:

Well articulated with good examples

Thank u Sir
Re: FG Threatens To Sanction Hospitals Refusing To Treat Emergency Patients by jaephoenix(m): 2:38pm On Jun 10
greens:
So after the patient is treated and he refused or can't pay the bill, and 10 patients do it like that, the hospital who will pay staffs and pay for the drugs should just forget? Is that how you run your own business?
Thats a typical Nigerian. They want the hospitals to treat them free. I asked one of those clowns if he has ever given a doctor free food or money, and they closed their dirty mouths

1 Like

Re: FG Threatens To Sanction Hospitals Refusing To Treat Emergency Patients by dangermouse(m): 2:38pm On Jun 10
Thundafireseun:
This is long overdue…

Buh the best thing could have been each hospital in Nigeria should have at least 2 to 4 standby police officers who investigate any possible cases of gunshot wounds or heavy multiple knife wounds….

While the doctors and nurses carry out treatments

Standard procedure would be to commence treatment immediately and then informing or inviting the the police when the patient is stabilised.

Was once bitten on the arm by an angry dog around Ikeja/Maryland and was rushed to the Naval hospital nearby.
Treatment was immediately commenced. Questions were asked due to the wound resembling a bullet wound. One gory hole at the front of my arm and another at the back. Looked just like a an entry and exit wound from a bullet and bleeding excess as veins were damaged.

The police was informed and an investigation was quickly carried out while I was being stitched up.

The Alsatian nearly also bit one of the police men who went on the investigation.

Hospitals should learn this and save lives of unfortunate Nigerians Abeg.

3 Likes

Re: FG Threatens To Sanction Hospitals Refusing To Treat Emergency Patients by jaephoenix(m): 2:44pm On Jun 10
blowjohn:
I agree completely.
At the same time, FG should also make it mandatory that emergency patients also carry money along to the hospital.

I have see many people, both male and female who would rather spend money on alcohol/woman or hair than spend on their health.

I was involved in one recently.
This guy, apparently, had gone to flex with a girl he just met and aside the cigarette, weed he smokes, must have taken some other drugs too.

Was leaving a hotel when he stumbled in and immediately lay on the cold floor.
He was coming from a hospital where he was asked to pay some amount which he didn't oblige to.

I read the referral letter and noticed his breathing had siezed for about an hour and his SPO2 was 75 percent.

So he need urgent help.

Oya do u have funds? He kept saying he has money in his crypto account.
His friend kept trying to make me me attend to him that they will pay later.

I asked him if it's air I'll used to administer salbutamol.

To cut the long story short: these guys had hundreds of thousands hiding somewhere as I discovered the day after. In fact they checked into a hotel of 20k per night the next day.

Case 2: a lady called me to complain about lumps on her breasts. I told her to go see a consultant in a certain hospital. Also told her to take some money , like 30k.

She shouted that it's too much.
So I kept quiet.
Then I called her back and asked her if she knows anything about breast cancer. She said no. I told her that God forbid the lumps are cancerous, the red Toyota Camry, the house she lives in, and her dry cleaning business will be like nonsense to her.

U see, I think people have a very hard time understanding that money is nonsense when a Heath threat is involved.

U rush to the hospital for help and u cannot pay. For what nw?

As for doctors and nurses who won't attend to emergency cases, they shud be dealt with decisively and the hospital sanctioned.
Most a times, the reason why we don't treat emergencies is cos they don't like paying. Advanced countries have health insurance. Instead of you guys to hold your government and ask for good health insurance, you want the hospitals to treat you free. Clowns

2 Likes

Re: FG Threatens To Sanction Hospitals Refusing To Treat Emergency Patients by ungara17: 2:45pm On Jun 10
Just today, I was referred to see a consultant Neurologist at General Hospital Odan Lagos. When I get there I register and collect my card. I climbed to first floor MOPD to locate NEUROLOGY Unit. I gave the health recorder in the unit my referral letter, he register and book me to come on 3/9/2024.
I asked why 3rd September, he said that is when the neurologist can see me because they are other patients on queue and neuro clinics is once in a week. Me that needs urgent attention. I left straight to a private hospital.
Imagine the worsening health sector.

1 Like

Re: FG Threatens To Sanction Hospitals Refusing To Treat Emergency Patients by smileyoo: 2:49pm On Jun 10
greens:
So after the patient is treated and he refused or can't pay the bill, and 10 patients do it like that, the hospital who will pay staffs and pay for the drugs should just forget? Is that how you run your own business?
the person you saved his life must surely pay his bill to you, even if there's no money with him
the family must surely be grateful to pay his bill than to carry his corpse.
imagine a person going to work but unfortunately encountered an accident, taking to the hospital, only for the hospital to be requesting for huge amount, that's obviously not with him .
why not treat him than allowing him to die, then if he default in payment, he will be prosecuted and be forced to pay the hospital ?
Re: FG Threatens To Sanction Hospitals Refusing To Treat Emergency Patients by Pharaoh4rin(m): 2:52pm On Jun 10
Curious345:
Good.

I was one day at gbagada general Hospital and an emergency case was ambulanced in.

and I saw the lethargic job approach of the medical personnel on ground towards the victim.
And in a very short while as predicted the victim succumbed to his injury and died > due to negligence.

In 30 minutes , the family of the deceased violently approached the emergency section of the hospital destroying everything inside & in sight and almost maiming some medical personnel on ground .

I supported the action

I'd have joined the maiming if I was there. Patience die every goddammit day due to emergency neglects in the hospital.
Re: FG Threatens To Sanction Hospitals Refusing To Treat Emergency Patients by greens(m): 3:02pm On Jun 10
smileyoo:
the person you saved his life must surely pay his bill to you, even if there's no money with him
imagine a person going to work but unfortunately encountered an accident, taking to the hospital, only for the hospital to be requesting for huge amount, that's obviously not with him .
why not treat him than allowing him to die, then if he default in payment, he will be prosecuted and be forced to pay the hospital ?
Dey play. You will prosecute him and the lawyers will serve you free. Just dey play o
Re: FG Threatens To Sanction Hospitals Refusing To Treat Emergency Patients by blowjohn(m): 3:02pm On Jun 10
jaephoenix:

Most a times, the reason why we don't treat emergencies is cos they don't like paying. Advanced countries have health insurance. Instead of you guys to hold your government and ask for good health insurance, you want the hospitals to treat you free. Clowns

Well said.
Re: FG Threatens To Sanction Hospitals Refusing To Treat Emergency Patients by greens(m): 3:05pm On Jun 10
smileyoo:
How many unknown people have you render free service to because you think their family will pay you later or you will prosecute them
Re: FG Threatens To Sanction Hospitals Refusing To Treat Emergency Patients by ScamDemicEra: 3:06pm On Jun 10
........ you can't use force to get the same result as good governance !
Re: FG Threatens To Sanction Hospitals Refusing To Treat Emergency Patients by Evans20: 3:07pm On Jun 10
That why we have general hospitals
But on a serious note doctors should focus more on saving life than the money because they took and oath to save life
Government should first of all provide standard health care in general hospitals
Re: FG Threatens To Sanction Hospitals Refusing To Treat Emergency Patients by Lezzlie(m): 3:07pm On Jun 10
BeeBeeOoh:

https://dailypost.ng/2024/06/10/nigerian-govt-to-sanction-hospitals-refusing-to-treat-emergency-patients/
When you have unconscionable idiots who rushed to read medicine without having morals or ethics....

Then you have a criminal police institution that can bring trumped up charges on anyone including hospitals for treating criminals..
Re: FG Threatens To Sanction Hospitals Refusing To Treat Emergency Patients by Thundafireseun: 3:12pm On Jun 10
dangermouse:

Standard procedure would be to commence treatment immediately and then informing or inviting the the police when the patient is stabilised.

Was once bitten on the arm by an angry dog around Ikeja and was to rushed to the Naval hospital nearby.
Treatment was immediately commenced. Questions were asked due to the wound resembling a bullet wound. One gory hole at the front of my arm and another at the back. Looked just like a an entry and exit wound from a bullet.

The police was informed and an investigation was quickly carried out while I was being stitched up.

The Alsatian nearly also bit one of the police man who went on the investigation.

We are saying the exact same thing…
Commence treatment…. Notify the standby police officer who is already stationed at the hospital to carry out his investigations immediately….

This will even help the society more instead of police officers following VIP’s up and down

1 Like

Re: FG Threatens To Sanction Hospitals Refusing To Treat Emergency Patients by Evans20: 3:12pm On Jun 10
kiddkash:
I have given up on Nigeria. When I rushed my father to Navy hospital ojo barracks, alakija.
The nurses saw it was an emergency and instead of doing something, they said first we must get card, pay deposit. Everything we paid was about 250,000.

They said my father needed surgery, we would pay for ambulance that would go and bring the doctor, paid another 100,000 for ambulance. Surgeon came, examined my father and said it would be better to move him to his own hospital Navy barrack refused my father to follow the doctor on the ambulance back to his hospital, said we need to pay another 40,000 to take my father to the hospital. This was more than 3 hours.
When the ambulance came back and the unprofessional nurses started debating who would follow my father to the surgeon's hospital. More than 40 minutes passed, my father started gasping for air. Then 3 nudes finally decided to follow my father.

When the arrived at the surgeon's hospital, he examined my father and pronounced him dead.

If this was a working country, they would have been sued for gross negligence. Everything is on CCTV footage of the hospital. I am just returning from burying my father
oo very sorry for the great loss
Hospitals nowadays have turned to business center where they gamble with people's lives angry
Re: FG Threatens To Sanction Hospitals Refusing To Treat Emergency Patients by smileyoo: 3:20pm On Jun 10
greens:
How many unknown people have you render free service to because you think their family will pay you later or you will prosecute them
am not saying you should lender him free service, read my post again.
have you never heard of some hospitals detaining their treated patients until their hospital bills were completely paid ?
i still prefer that, than allowing the patient to die, because life is precious and irreplaceable.

People should be careful of the type of society that they are advocating, because anybody could be a victim of any inhuman policy in the system hence nobody is totally immune to accidents or misfortunes.

2 Likes

Re: FG Threatens To Sanction Hospitals Refusing To Treat Emergency Patients by jaephoenix(m): 3:31pm On Jun 10
dangermouse:

Was once bitten on the arm by an angry dog around Ikeja and was to rushed to the Naval hospital nearby.
Treatment was immediately commenced. Questions were asked due to the wound resembling a bullet wound. One gory hole at the front of my arm and another at the back. Looked just like a an entry and exit wound from a bullet.

The Alsatian nearly also bit one of the police man who went on the investigation.

I was a victim of this.
Policemen came to my clinic to arrest me cos I treated a stab wound patient(not even gunshot) without getting a clearance. Stab wound. This was in Anume Clinic, Eleme, Port Harcourt
So please take up your grouse with the police and leave us alone
Re: FG Threatens To Sanction Hospitals Refusing To Treat Emergency Patients by jaephoenix(m): 3:33pm On Jun 10
ungara17:
Just today, I was referred to see a consultant Neurologist at General Hospital Odan Lagos. When I get there I register and collect my card. I climbed to first floor MOPD to locate NEUROLOGY Unit. I gave the health recorder in the unit my referral letter, he register and book me to come on 3/9/2024.
I asked why 3rd September, he said that is when the neurologist can see me because they are other patients on queue and neuro clinics is once in a week. Me that needs urgent attention. I left straight to a private hospital.
Imagine the worsening health sector.
There are not many neurologists, thanks to the japa syndrome. So take your grouse to the government that doesn't care about your healthcare by paying doctors peanuts
Re: FG Threatens To Sanction Hospitals Refusing To Treat Emergency Patients by OdefaGirl(f): 3:35pm On Jun 10
Good one.... At least, stabilize the patient
Re: FG Threatens To Sanction Hospitals Refusing To Treat Emergency Patients by jaephoenix(m): 3:39pm On Jun 10
smileyoo:
Obviously u r not a healthcare personnel. I'll forgive you for your ignorance.
The truth is Nigerians don't like paying up. Treat them, and when its time to pay, the stories you would hear, would make Superstory episodes. I learnt that the hard way during my NYSC. I sutured a road accident victim who had scalp lacerations. This woman begged me that she didn't have money and was traveling, that her sister would bring money when she visits. When the sis came, she said no money and started begging. I got only one quarter of the money. This was in 2008. I was a corper doc and fresh into the world of Nigerian populace scamming. I have had other instances but I learnt. Nigerians are heartless
Re: FG Threatens To Sanction Hospitals Refusing To Treat Emergency Patients by BigBashiru: 3:39pm On Jun 10
smileyoo:
have you never heard of some hospitals detaining their treated patients until their hospital bills were completely paid ?
i still prefer that, than allowing the patient to die, because life is precious and irreplaceable.

People should be careful of the type of society that they are advocating, because anybody could be a victim of any inhuman policy in the system hence nobody is totally immune to accidents or misfortunes.

I agree with you. The psyche of the blacks is sick. They could even have a health insurance compay they have partnered with to quickly enroll the emergency patience in insurance before commencing treatment. So many things can be done but the blacks never fail to disappoint in their evil wayz.
Re: FG Threatens To Sanction Hospitals Refusing To Treat Emergency Patients by jaephoenix(m): 3:43pm On Jun 10
Evans20:
That why we have general hospitals
But on a serious note doctors should focus more on saving life than the money because they took and oath to save life
Government should first of all provide standard health care in general hospitals
Please can you point out the verse in the Hippocratic Oath where we swore to save lives? Or save lives on credit?
Re: FG Threatens To Sanction Hospitals Refusing To Treat Emergency Patients by jaephoenix(m): 3:48pm On Jun 10
smileyoo:

Lol. Those patients don't even complete the bills. Several times the hospital keeps the patient, at a point the patient just relaxes and enjoys the free accommodation provided by the hospitals, and worse still, the patient is occupying bed space that another patient could have used, depriving the hospital of revenue. Las las the hospital gets tired and accepts a fraction of the bill. And of course the patient NEVER completes payment once they step out. They won't even pick up calls once its the hospital calling. Some even escape the hospital custody. Where u wan find dem?
Lol, Nigerians are really wicked grin

1 Like

Re: FG Threatens To Sanction Hospitals Refusing To Treat Emergency Patients by dangermouse(m): 3:50pm On Jun 10
jaephoenix:

I was a victim of this.
Policemen came to my clinic to arrest me cos I treated a stab wound patient(not even gunshot) without getting a clearance. Stab wound. This was in Anume Clinic, Eleme, Port Harcourt
So please take up your grouse with the police and leave us alone

Did you notify police yourself while treating the patient?

Obviously you did not and that was why they arrested you.
Re: FG Threatens To Sanction Hospitals Refusing To Treat Emergency Patients by jaephoenix(m): 3:52pm On Jun 10
dangermouse:

Did you notify police yourself while treating the patient?

Obviously you did not and that was why they arrested you.
So I should leave a patient bleeding from a stab wound in his external carotid, to look for the nearest police station by 11pm? To make matters worse, their hotlines don't work. Lol 😆
We really deserve our bad leaders

1 Like

Re: FG Threatens To Sanction Hospitals Refusing To Treat Emergency Patients by SmallmebigGod: 3:58pm On Jun 10
jaephoenix pdost=130401449:

Please can you point out the verse in the Hippocratic Oath where we swore to save lives? Or save lives on credit?

smiley don't mind them. The man Hippocrate himself and his family benefitted from honors and many free gift in the society. Many people also talk of safe life first. With what resources. You can not safe life if you don't have the equipment which you will have to buy with your own money and FG won't supply that for free to hospitals. I blame NMA for taking all the rubbish from politicians, they have also failed in public enlightenment. One silly politician will say safe life first. When most government hospitals does not even have AED and other basic things.
Re: FG Threatens To Sanction Hospitals Refusing To Treat Emergency Patients by jaephoenix(m): 4:13pm On Jun 10
SmallmebigGod:

smiley don't mind them. The man Hippocrate himself and his family benefitted from honors and many free gift in the society. Many people also talk of safe life first. With what resources. You can not safe life if you don't have the equipment which you will have to buy with your own money and FG won't supply that for free to hospitals. I blame NMA for taking all the rubbish from politicians, they have also failed in public enlightenment. One silly politician will say safe life first. When most government hospitals does not even have AED and other basic things.
AED keh? Lol. U can literally count the number of AEDs in Lagos. AEDs that are even in gas stations in US/UK, with most hospitals there having them. Their layfolks can use those AEDs. But our folks here would rather shout Jesus Jesus than learn how to do CPR or use AED
Re: FG Threatens To Sanction Hospitals Refusing To Treat Emergency Patients by viodemus: 4:16pm On Jun 10
is it by force?

No resources to treat, but you want to force them.

They need renewed training and encouragement, not gragra.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Yi Mu Cao And Xi Xian Coa In Nigeria Now For Blocked Fallopian Tubes... / Where Can I Buy Bitterleaf Capsules/pills Tablets / Natural Remedies To Fast Relieve Of Asthma Attack And Cure.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 84
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.