Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,181,667 members, 7,914,790 topics. Date: Thursday, 08 August 2024 at 11:49 AM

LGs Full Autonomy Will Further Improverish Downtrodden – Kwara Government - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / LGs Full Autonomy Will Further Improverish Downtrodden – Kwara Government (14928 Views)

Court Orders Kwara Government To Stop Demolishing Of Saraki’s Property / Saraki Reacts As Kwara Government Demolishes "Ile Arugbo" / Kwara Government Demolishes Saraki's Popular Family House "Ile Arugbo" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: LGs Full Autonomy Will Further Improverish Downtrodden – Kwara Government by MT: 3:42pm On Jun 11
Till Nigerians understand the real evils are the Governors and not the presidency, there wont be any significant changes in the land.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: LGs Full Autonomy Will Further Improverish Downtrodden – Kwara Government by EmperorAlonzo1: 3:47pm On Jun 11
Please and please FG should win the case
Us working under Local government knows what we are going through
Us in FCT seems better when i hear the story of some of my colleagues in other state i weep

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: LGs Full Autonomy Will Further Improverish Downtrodden – Kwara Government by Saig: 3:47pm On Jun 11
One clown spored
Re: LGs Full Autonomy Will Further Improverish Downtrodden – Kwara Government by Eteka1(m): 3:48pm On Jun 11
Cromagnon:

Greed is greed
Nothing like excessive or recessive
that one concern you. Let me say it the way I like.
Re: LGs Full Autonomy Will Further Improverish Downtrodden – Kwara Government by Jagabanarmy: 3:49pm On Jun 11
Omooba77:

https://www.vanguardngr.com/2024/06/lgs-full-autonomy-will-further-improverish-downtrodden-kwara-govt/
Let government do the right thing by going through the national assembly, that's the law. Section 162 subsection 6 must change to give LGA financial autonomy

1 Like

Re: LGs Full Autonomy Will Further Improverish Downtrodden – Kwara Government by Hogwarthtrades: 3:59pm On Jun 11
Top three request hopefully gets sorted out by this government viz:
I. LG Fiscal autonomy
II. State Policing implementation.
III. Modified regionalism that allows for fiscal responsibility /autonomy of regions with appropriate power of unitary mode of government. (I am open to learn from folks that have better knowledge on this issue)
Re: LGs Full Autonomy Will Further Improverish Downtrodden – Kwara Government by DeOTR: 4:18pm On Jun 11
Omooba77:

https://www.vanguardngr.com/2024/06/lgs-full-autonomy-will-further-improverish-downtrodden-kwara-govt/
Make dem just ask the Court to scrap Local governments since they've been rendered useless.
Re: LGs Full Autonomy Will Further Improverish Downtrodden – Kwara Government by Cromagnon: 4:18pm On Jun 11
chiefolododo:
The local government is not the state government. If the state governors insist on loca government joint account, the federal government should also create and run a joint account with the states.

The national assembly and the president have a lot to do in decimating the power the governors have in this country.Bunch of overfed, lazy people
unfortunately that's not what the constitution says

Governors can impeach president of he do anyhow

Don't be deceived o

Na stalemate dem de

We need a miracle to change it as we need 2/3rd of at least 25 state houses of assembly plus 2/3rd of senate and house of reps
Re: LGs Full Autonomy Will Further Improverish Downtrodden – Kwara Government by Goodman247: 4:19pm On Jun 11
Lies,lies from a wicked politician
Re: LGs Full Autonomy Will Further Improverish Downtrodden – Kwara Government by Cromagnon: 4:20pm On Jun 11
Eriokanmi:
Its a lie. Kwara needs this autonomy more than any other state. It's a poverty-stricken state. My experience in kwara when schooling in those days is still fresh in my memories. I remember the bęskę onigun męrin, which the poorest of the poor amongst them used to make their soup and call meat.

With the full LG autonomy, the state governors wouldn't need to pilfer or touch their allocation anymore and they'd be able to do much more to their people at the LG level. Only in Nigeria will LG be controlled by state. The word Local Government says it all. We have the federal government, state government and the local government that are supposed to be independent of one another in governance but the state will still be controlling both the state government and the Local government. Some states don't even hold LG elections. Our politicians are evil.

Politics in Nigeria is business rather than service. Shame on this governor for saying this. I expect more of such stiff opposition to come from those businessmen called governors.
he won't change anything
What are you going to do about it
Re: LGs Full Autonomy Will Further Improverish Downtrodden – Kwara Government by Cromagnon: 4:23pm On Jun 11
iwaeda:

May my state not become ungoverned, downtrodden and poor. Lola kunfayakun grin grin grin grin grin
name your state
Which one is rich out of the 37
Re: LGs Full Autonomy Will Further Improverish Downtrodden – Kwara Government by Cromagnon: 4:24pm On Jun 11
Akwamkpuruamu:
This Governor no get sense walahi
but he is governor
You wen get sense what are you
Re: LGs Full Autonomy Will Further Improverish Downtrodden – Kwara Government by Cromagnon: 4:26pm On Jun 11
Akwamkpuruamu:

So many loopholes in the constitution. That's why the entire 1999 constitution should be abolished. That document is a setback
Who will abolish it
Definitely not the ppl it favors
So you better arrange plan b
Re: LGs Full Autonomy Will Further Improverish Downtrodden – Kwara Government by Cromagnon: 4:27pm On Jun 11
adioolayi:
Evil people..

Please, President Tinubu should ensure his AGF wins this case once and for all..

Let's restore sanity into the administration of the Local government
how will executive ensure they win judiciary? Especially against what he fought against as a governor

You cannot withhold LG money
It belongs to the state unfortunately
Re: LGs Full Autonomy Will Further Improverish Downtrodden – Kwara Government by Cromagnon: 4:30pm On Jun 11
onuman:

"The allocation meant for the local governments in the state are released for the use of the local governments, monthly,” he said.

Why would the allocations go first to the state governors instead the local government Councils for whom the allocations were meant for?
Nigeria's constitution has three tiers of government. Why would Kwara State want the annihilation of the rights of the local government Councils?
cos that's what's in the constitution sadly
Re: LGs Full Autonomy Will Further Improverish Downtrodden – Kwara Government by Benmsu: 4:36pm On Jun 11
I blame MUMU Yakubu for rigging this kind of people into power
Re: LGs Full Autonomy Will Further Improverish Downtrodden – Kwara Government by adioolayi(m): 4:45pm On Jun 11
Cromagnon:
how will executive ensure they win judiciary? Especially against what he fought against as a governor

You cannot withhold LG money
It belongs to the state unfortunately

It bongs to the local government.
Re: LGs Full Autonomy Will Further Improverish Downtrodden – Kwara Government by Bukola94: 4:50pm On Jun 11
[quote author=MadeInTokyo post=130417510]Very Foolish and greedy Governor[/quote Yes they are greedy, very foolish no, they are evildoers,bastard, not real blood of the land, and all the governors that opposed full autonomy of LG are mad men, including my governor, your governor, God thunder go visit & fire them all. Spirit of God will cause confusion amongst them. Anyone that don't want Nigerians to breathe will died mysteriously. Anyone that don't want Nigerians/ Nigeria to progress shall die a painful death. Anyone that defend them blindly shall perish. Please MOD ban me, I'm so piss off
Re: LGs Full Autonomy Will Further Improverish Downtrodden – Kwara Government by Whalesideas65: 4:57pm On Jun 11
When you give the sit to highest bidder.
This is what you will get

MadeInTokyo:
Very Foolish and greedy Governor
Re: LGs Full Autonomy Will Further Improverish Downtrodden – Kwara Government by Naz34(m): 4:59pm On Jun 11
AmericanIdiot:
This is the most useless state in all of west Africa
Nothing good comes out of Kwara state no development in over 59 years❗️❗️❗️❗️

God will continue to punish that useless governor (who is in Paris for holiday btw )

Make them just shut down kwara
my brother you are very correct. I tire for that state. Worst is i hardly hear the people complain about their useles governors . Make them continue dey chop religion nw since na wetin them sabi

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: LGs Full Autonomy Will Further Improverish Downtrodden – Kwara Government by bixton(m): 5:16pm On Jun 11
Omooba77:

Kwara State is one of the old States plagued with governors who lack ideas in governance and administration. An ancient State with no meaningful infrastructural development.
Re: LGs Full Autonomy Will Further Improverish Downtrodden – Kwara Government by ElevationD: 5:17pm On Jun 11
Well organized lie!
Re: LGs Full Autonomy Will Further Improverish Downtrodden – Kwara Government by Jossybj1984(m): 5:18pm On Jun 11
You can't support governor and you can't fight for LG autonomy because corruption at grassroots level are worst and EFCC wouldn't touch light them .
Re: LGs Full Autonomy Will Further Improverish Downtrodden – Kwara Government by wealthyvic1: 5:19pm On Jun 11
MadeInTokyo:
Very Foolish and greedy Governor

They are the enemy of development
Rubbish
Re: LGs Full Autonomy Will Further Improverish Downtrodden – Kwara Government by phemray(m): 5:37pm On Jun 11
chiefolododo:
The local government is not the state government. If the state governors insist on loca government joint account, the federal government should also create and run a joint account with the states.

The national assembly and the president have a lot to do in decimating the power the governors have in this country.Bunch of overfed, lazy people

It's so funny, governors are afraid because they have to be very active by force because the local government will now determines their success in elections. Let local government have Thier funds so as to perform very well. This is the only way every programs can get to the people .It was ok in the past, all roads in a local government and schools can be constructed easily. There will be competition. Anyway, I trust Tinubu will achieve that with national assembly since it's his priority.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: LGs Full Autonomy Will Further Improverish Downtrodden – Kwara Government by kolawo(m): 5:44pm On Jun 11
It's saddening when people and State that you held in high regard is a shocker.
There is no point running local govts if they don't have autonomy.
Re: LGs Full Autonomy Will Further Improverish Downtrodden – Kwara Government by seunowa(f): 5:55pm On Jun 11
raskymonojendor:

Remember that your god and messiah, Peter Obi, did not conduct LG elections for 8 years in Anambra state. He is another greedy man like this Kwara state governor.
grin grin grin grin grin.... Saint Obi
Re: LGs Full Autonomy Will Further Improverish Downtrodden – Kwara Government by bixton(m): 6:12pm On Jun 11
Omooba77:

The governor did not say how making the LGA autonomous will further impoverish the those who are already downtrodden.

Who in the first instance made those who are downtrodden to be impoverish?
Re: LGs Full Autonomy Will Further Improverish Downtrodden – Kwara Government by Toymax88: 6:25pm On Jun 11
It's quite unfortunate for we kwarans, we have jumped from frypan to fire. Useless governor who has refused to fully implement the #30k minimum wage, no step, no leave bonus.

E no go better for u

1 Like 1 Share

Re: LGs Full Autonomy Will Further Improverish Downtrodden – Kwara Government by WeirdAlien: 6:26pm On Jun 11
What we should have is a parliamentary system - a lot cheaper to run and easier to remove incompetent heads of govt.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

MASSOB On Hoisting Biafran Flag: Police Can't Stop Us / Jibrin Apologises To APC Over Role In Dogara’s Emergence As Speaker / Court Refuses To Order Diezani’s Arrest, Demands Agf’s Extradition Evidence

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.