Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,177,122 members, 7,900,009 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 July 2024 at 01:58 AM

Amazing Yoruba Lady Who Speaks Igbo Language Fluently And Has Never Been To Igbo - Culture (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Amazing Yoruba Lady Who Speaks Igbo Language Fluently And Has Never Been To Igbo (32119 Views)

Oyinbo Man Speaks Hausa Fluently (video/pictures) / Sokoto Woman Speaks Fluent Igbo Language After 25 Years In Enugu / African-americans Trace Roots To Igbo Land (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Amazing Yoruba Lady Who Speaks Igbo Language Fluently And Has Never Been To Igbo by Dshocker(m): 9:09am On Jun 21
lavylilly:
Lies

U can prove me wrong.

Amongst the 3 major ethnic group, the Igbos have a highest number of people speaking the other two languages(Yoruba & Hausa) more than the two combined.

The reason for this is; The Igbos migrated and has spread across all over the country, and what led to this was as the result of the civil war, after they lost everything and had to start afresh, by seeking greener pastures outside the South East.

Even the Hausas have more of their people outside the North, than that of the Yorubas in Nigeria.... So apart from abroad, the Yorubas barely leave the South West.

3 Likes

Re: Amazing Yoruba Lady Who Speaks Igbo Language Fluently And Has Never Been To Igbo by Lovit(m): 9:10am On Jun 21
There are thousands of Ibos that speaks yoruba fluently, so this shouldn't be news.
Re: Amazing Yoruba Lady Who Speaks Igbo Language Fluently And Has Never Been To Igbo by lavylilly: 9:11am On Jun 21
The girl in the video shared in this thread is based in Ibadan and has lived all her life in Ibadan.
Dshocker:

U can prove me wrong.

Amongst the 3 major ethnic group, the Igbos have a highest number of people speaking the other two languages(Yoruba & Hausa) more than the two combined.

The reason for this is; The Igbos migrated and has spread across all over the country, and what led to this was as the result of the civil war, after they lost everything and had to start afresh, by seeking greener pastures outside the South East.

Even the Hausas have more of their people outside the North, than that of the Yorubas in Nigeria.... So apart from abroad, the Yorubas barely leave the South West.
The bolded Fact!
Re: Amazing Yoruba Lady Who Speaks Igbo Language Fluently And Has Never Been To Igbo by cerpvad(m): 9:11am On Jun 21
How are you so sure she is Ibo? Do you live with her?
AareGaa:

Nothing like achievement.

She is ibo.

Nobody speaks ibo language except the Ibo.
Only ibos live in Ibo land
Re: Amazing Yoruba Lady Who Speaks Igbo Language Fluently And Has Never Been To Igbo by faithfull18(f): 9:12am On Jun 21
Seen a number like her, most cases their mum is Igbo.
Re: Amazing Yoruba Lady Who Speaks Igbo Language Fluently And Has Never Been To Igbo by musicwriter(m): 9:14am On Jun 21
lavylilly:
shocked it obvious many of you don't travel within Nigerian,there's a place in the southeast called Ala ndi Abapka (Land of the Yoruba) the head is is called Oba, Yoruba is the official language.

They are many Yoruba traders in Ariaria Market in the Aba

Have heard of Ndi Abakpa long ago when I was in Aba. Didn't know it refers to Yorubas?
Yes, in the city you could find a few people to talk to but it would be difficult elsewhere.
Re: Amazing Yoruba Lady Who Speaks Igbo Language Fluently And Has Never Been To Igbo by Offpointng: 9:14am On Jun 21
Dshocker:
She is an Igbo lady that speaks Yoruba.

Why i said so is; Igbo language is the most difficult amongst the 3 major ethnic group, when it comes to spoken language.

Before a non Igbo would be able to speak the language, he or she must have resided in the South East over a period of time.

So forget the way she wrapped a head/hair like a Muslim, she is an Igbo girl.

Na lie jare. If you live amongst Igbo people you'll speak fluently. My mama speaks Igbo fluently by staying with Igbo neighbors in Benue back in the days, she's so good that she even speak ur proverb

4 Likes

Re: Amazing Yoruba Lady Who Speaks Igbo Language Fluently And Has Never Been To Igbo by victorazy(m): 9:14am On Jun 21
God1blessBiafra:
This not News.

The whole Lagos State supposed to dey speak Igbo in their streets.

Maybe by next hundred years it will be happening.

grin this table u wan shake, as an Igbo man I be grin my hand no dey.
Re: Amazing Yoruba Lady Who Speaks Igbo Language Fluently And Has Never Been To Igbo by Padipadi: 9:15am On Jun 21
WaleBuraimoh:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6Xh-WlC8kv0
A move for national integration. Impressive.
Re: Amazing Yoruba Lady Who Speaks Igbo Language Fluently And Has Never Been To Igbo by Bulldozer90: 9:15am On Jun 21
femi4:
Comprehension = zero

Most Igbos who speak several languages do so cos they have opportunities to travel or live in those cities
no. You learn a language by living with the speakers. You could learn another language in your own state for the simple reason that speakers live close to you.

Sort your comprehension deficiencies.
Re: Amazing Yoruba Lady Who Speaks Igbo Language Fluently And Has Never Been To Igbo by santaclaws: 9:15am On Jun 21
jumpandpas:

If you're doing business in Lagos pls goan learn Igbo language because it's the official language for business.

No, it's Greek... No be only Igbo... cos your people sell Okrika clothes, spare parts and Lacasera in traffic, you believe they own the business domain, keep deceiving yourself.
Re: Amazing Yoruba Lady Who Speaks Igbo Language Fluently And Has Never Been To Igbo by santaclaws: 9:17am On Jun 21
Dshocker:

My brother a lot.

If Igbos are 100 in South West, about 30 can speak Yoruba language.

Are you sure you went to school? READ THE COMMENT AGAIN!
Re: Amazing Yoruba Lady Who Speaks Igbo Language Fluently And Has Never Been To Igbo by sammirano2: 9:17am On Jun 21
So someone can try to learn that terrible and lousy language. She needs a GWR
Re: Amazing Yoruba Lady Who Speaks Igbo Language Fluently And Has Never Been To Igbo by Toluwanise247(m): 9:17am On Jun 21
Criminal language
Re: Amazing Yoruba Lady Who Speaks Igbo Language Fluently And Has Never Been To Igbo by Holluwhakemmy(f): 9:17am On Jun 21
My boss is Yoruba woman from Ibadan she speaks Igbo language fluently so it's not a new thing

2 Likes

Re: Amazing Yoruba Lady Who Speaks Igbo Language Fluently And Has Never Been To Igbo by santaclaws: 9:18am On Jun 21
lavylilly:
Don't be silly, there's a place in Ukala in the southeast the unofficial language is Yoruba. The head of the clan "Ogbe" are called "Baba". I knew this when I went for a friend father's family.

No be only Ukala, na Ugwu... 😒
Re: Amazing Yoruba Lady Who Speaks Igbo Language Fluently And Has Never Been To Igbo by BodyCount: 9:19am On Jun 21
Bulldozer90:
She is "amazing" because she speaks a Nigerian language for her own good. Igbos who speak several languages must be gods then.
Una too dey just muḿu.
Always full if jealousy and hate.

HOW MANY OSU PEOPLE LIVING IN THE EAST CAN SPEAK YORUBA FLUENTLY?
Re: Amazing Yoruba Lady Who Speaks Igbo Language Fluently And Has Never Been To Igbo by Satazaa: 9:20am On Jun 21
Dshocker:

U can prove me wrong.

not entirely true bro, i used to work in sales and marketing and moved around the country a lot especially northern nigeria and can categorically tell you that between ten to fifteen percent of the population in the north is yorubas, infact 50 percent of tradesmen, technicians and mechanics are yorubas

3 Likes

Re: Amazing Yoruba Lady Who Speaks Igbo Language Fluently And Has Never Been To Igbo by legitnow1: 9:21am On Jun 21
SEUN NO BE TODAY THIS NEWS BREAK, POSTING IT NOW MAKE NAIRALAND LOOK LATE AND OUT DATED.

ENDEAVOUR TO POSDT THINGS ON TIME, REGARDLESS OF YOUR SENTIMENT.

U HAVE A JOB TO DO.

2 Likes

Re: Amazing Yoruba Lady Who Speaks Igbo Language Fluently And Has Never Been To Igbo by jumpandpas(m): 9:21am On Jun 21
santaclaws:

No, it's Greek... No be only Igbo... cos your people sell Okrika clothes, spare parts and Lacasera in traffic, you believe they own the business domain, keep deceiving yourself.

Autos, electrical/electronics etc.. there's no Yoruba house you wont see Igbos signature.
Re: Amazing Yoruba Lady Who Speaks Igbo Language Fluently And Has Never Been To Igbo by Joy2dworldxyz: 9:23am On Jun 21
Normally na so e suppose be
Re: Amazing Yoruba Lady Who Speaks Igbo Language Fluently And Has Never Been To Igbo by santaclaws: 9:24am On Jun 21
jumpandpas:

Autos, electrical/electronics etc.. there's no Yoruba house you wont see Igbos signature.

LOL, what's Igbo signature? Is it in skill set or the imported products from China? Is that an Igbo signature? You're deluded 😀😂😂

I hope you know your people play almost zero roles in the construction industry when it comes to skill set? Yorubas are the ones with the engineers and other workers on site...
Re: Amazing Yoruba Lady Who Speaks Igbo Language Fluently And Has Never Been To Igbo by Satazaa: 9:24am On Jun 21
Kudos to the lady, I think she will score very high on the patriotism rankings in our country and that's a quality that's regrettably lacking among Nigerians this days
Re: Amazing Yoruba Lady Who Speaks Igbo Language Fluently And Has Never Been To Igbo by LandMann: 9:24am On Jun 21
IduNaOba:
I speak Chinese...
I never go China
So I am amazing abi?

Funny people

You need to be banned from this forum. It is people like you that spread hatred and ethnic bigotry everywhere in Nigeria

1 Like

Re: Amazing Yoruba Lady Who Speaks Igbo Language Fluently And Has Never Been To Igbo by lavylilly: 9:25am On Jun 21
wink
musicwriter:

Have heard of Ndi Abakpa long ago when I was in Aba. Didn't know it refers to Yorubas?
Yes, in the city you could find a few people to talk to but it would be difficult elsewhere.
Re: Amazing Yoruba Lady Who Speaks Igbo Language Fluently And Has Never Been To Igbo by okuwehcris: 9:26am On Jun 21
No matter how many Igbos live in a particular area, a southwesterner living in her own region isn't "living among Igbos", it's the Igbos who are living among Yorubas.

I ask again, how many Igbos living in the southeast can speak Yoruba fluently? Before you downplay her skills, how many languages do you speak, apart from English and your mother tongue?

Mr man, please let's just celebrate the lady and allow her enjoy her shine. I can't even speak Igbo like her duo I am much closer to the South East.

If you have ever seen couple's who are Yoruba n Igbo, you will like the blend, because it will be pure love and diversication of cultural heritage. A Yoruba woman will use love and turn the man's head, and to respond the man will be willing to do anything for her...vis-a-vis

4 Likes

Re: Amazing Yoruba Lady Who Speaks Igbo Language Fluently And Has Never Been To Igbo by lavylilly: 9:27am On Jun 21
legitnow1:
SEUN NO BE TODAY THIS NEWS BREAK, POSTING IT NOW MAKE NAIRALAND LOOK LATE AND OUT DATED.

ENDEAVOUR TO POSDT THINGS ON TIME, REGARDLESS OF YOUR SENTIMENT.

U HAVE A JOB TO DO.
I just tire for Seun, he cares less as long as advert money is rolling in, he cares less.
Re: Amazing Yoruba Lady Who Speaks Igbo Language Fluently And Has Never Been To Igbo by Believeintruth: 9:27am On Jun 21
santaclaws:

She is amazing because she lives in the Southwest and speaks Igbo well. How many Igbos living in the Southeast can speak fluent Yoruba?

That is a very stupid assertion. In the first place the lady can speak igbo because she obviously interacted with so many igbos in her location. What is the population of Yorubas in SE?

2 Likes

Re: Amazing Yoruba Lady Who Speaks Igbo Language Fluently And Has Never Been To Igbo by Franking: 9:28am On Jun 21
They must try to make this thread a Yoruba/Igbo dick measuring event.....na wa!

When it comes to Ghana, South Africa, Kenya or Cameroun we all join hands but can barely tolerate each other.
Re: Amazing Yoruba Lady Who Speaks Igbo Language Fluently And Has Never Been To Igbo by Believeintruth: 9:28am On Jun 21
santaclaws:

No matter how many Igbos live in a particular area, a southwesterner living in her own region isn't "living among Igbos", it's the Igbos who are living among Yorubas.

I ask again, how many Igbos living in the southeast can speak Yoruba fluently? Before you downplay her skills, how many languages do you speak, apart from English and your mother tongue?

Bros rest you are not making a sensible argument. this is too childish from you.

1 Like

Re: Amazing Yoruba Lady Who Speaks Igbo Language Fluently And Has Never Been To Igbo by IPDGP: 9:30am On Jun 21
I never reach England and I speak English grin
Re: Amazing Yoruba Lady Who Speaks Igbo Language Fluently And Has Never Been To Igbo by Believeintruth: 9:31am On Jun 21
FuckYeyeMods:

The reason why Kanu still in detention.
Instigating annoying narrative.. can you say same in Kano State? The day any igbo such ridiculous joke in any part of the north, within the coming week, things go happen.

This is childish from you.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

El-Rufai Appoints Ahmed Nuhu Bamalli As Emir Of Zazzau / Seven Interesting Facts About The Ancient Yoruba Culture / Kenyan Mourners Drop Coffin, Fight Over Where To Bury Corpse (Video)

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.