Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,197,928 members, 7,966,436 topics. Date: Friday, 04 October 2024 at 02:36 PM

Lower All Flag For Ojukwu And Declare A National Holiday by Musiwa - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Lower All Flag For Ojukwu And Declare A National Holiday by Musiwa (10121 Views)

Abacha, Ojukwu And Gowon In A Private Jet (Throwback Photo) / Ojukwu And Gowon Eating Together At Aburu,ghana 1967 - Photo / Throw Back Picture Of Odimegwu Ojukwu And Wife Stella (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Lower All Flag For Ojukwu And Declare A National Holiday by Musiwa by ebere1712: 4:39pm On Nov 28, 2011
ismhab:

Ndi igbo, by tribe i'm an igbo man, with regard to lowering nigerian flag, i'm not with you, ojukwu is the cause of our problems, we have been marginalised since the war end, up to now we can not produce president in nigeria and we have the highest number of armed robbers in nigeria.
Mate you are neither igbo by blood nor by mistake so please stop spitting trash

Okija_juju:

He didnt end the war!!

The Nigerian Soldiers had contained Biafran soldiers and had him pinned down. He knew his days were numbered so he ran away by night, in a canoe to Ivory Coast.

That war was over and he knew it!

He ran like a b'itch and I would have agreed to lower the flag for a dead soldier than for a coward.

Says the Nigerian who is currently ripping the fruits of his labor. You think those Biafran generals could not have chosen to fight on and sell off all their resources like the mumu Nigerian officers did. By now Nigeria would be even worse than somalia. Everybody looses more this way and the foreigners that backed Nigeria wins even more. I respect the decision to stop the war since the British, Russians and co decided to fly those planes and help the dumbo Nigerians fly the planes that they sold them for billions of dollars. The next war wouldn't be like this.
Re: Lower All Flag For Ojukwu And Declare A National Holiday by Musiwa by nagoma(m): 4:56pm On Nov 28, 2011
Says the Nigerian who is currently ripping the fruits of his labor. You think those Biafran generals could not have chosen to fight on and sell off all their resources like the mumu Nigerian officers did. By now Nigeria would be even worse than somalia. Everybody looses more this way and the foreigners that backed Nigeria wins even more. I respect the decision to stop the war since the British, Russians and co decided to fly those planes and help the dumbo Nigerians fly the planes that they sold them for billions of dollars. The next war wouldn't be like this.

If there is indeed a next war, I hope and pray that you will be on the frontline from the first week.
Re: Lower All Flag For Ojukwu And Declare A National Holiday by Musiwa by Nobody: 5:10pm On Nov 28, 2011
This Ojukwu's death hasn't made an impact. It should call for reflection but it looks like Nigerians moved on a long time ago.
Re: Lower All Flag For Ojukwu And Declare A National Holiday by Musiwa by cantell(m): 5:48pm On Nov 28, 2011
Okija_juju:

He didnt end the war!!

The Nigerian Soldiers had contained Biafran soldiers and had him pinned down. He knew his days were numbered so he ran away by night, in a canoe to Ivory Coast.

That war was over and he knew it!

He ran like a b'itch and I would have agreed to lower the flag for a dead soldier than for a coward.
Nwoke m rijuo nsi afo.
A coward like you dies a thousand times before his death.
ismhab:

Ndi igbo, by tribe i'm an igbo man, with regard to lowering nigerian flag, i'm not with you, ojukwu is the cause of our problems, we have been marginalised since the war end, up to now we can not produce president in nigeria and we have the highest number of armed robbers in nigeria.
Big foool! I don't seem to understand why anyone would claim to be from a tribe just to diss them.
Re: Lower All Flag For Ojukwu And Declare A National Holiday by Musiwa by aminuone: 12:25pm On Nov 29, 2011
Make u lower Biafra flag for one year if you like
Re: Lower All Flag For Ojukwu And Declare A National Holiday by Musiwa by isleman(m): 12:41pm On Nov 29, 2011
I believe Ojukwu is a hero of some igbos. he stood by what he believed even though he failed, he tried. I have no offense over this. the war is over, even the state of Nigeria pardoned him after 12years in exile.

Ever since then, i dont think Ojukwu ever attempted the state of Biafra anymore. never the less, it wrong to bite the finger that is still feeding you. It will be wrong to carry a Nigerian passport, eat, breathe, live and make money in Nigeria and still ask for Biafra.

Those who strongly believe in Biafra should step up to it by totally abandoning anything associated with Nigeria and steadfast in their request for Biafra. Then, we shall know they are serious.

Otherwise thunder fire those who carry Nigerian Passport, Spend Nigeria currency and ask for Biafra and wish Nigeria evil.
Re: Lower All Flag For Ojukwu And Declare A National Holiday by Musiwa by tpia5: 12:45pm On Nov 29, 2011
Looking at the circumstances which made ojukwu a hero to his people- it might not be possible or advisable to have another hero like him.

Or who is praying for a repeat of those times?

Sometimes if the cost of unity is too high, then nothing wrong with democracy, or a form of it imo.
Re: Lower All Flag For Ojukwu And Declare A National Holiday by Musiwa by badesco(m): 12:51pm On Nov 29, 2011
Lower flag for who? A warlord or a president? Do you know how many Ibos that died during this CIvil War? Ojukwu does not deserve such and he is never a hero.
Re: Lower All Flag For Ojukwu And Declare A National Holiday by Musiwa by Blueinc: 1:17pm On Nov 29, 2011
You have shown that you are truely a drunken man by questioning the integrity of OJUKWU in Nigerian polity Mr Drunk
Re: Lower All Flag For Ojukwu And Declare A National Holiday by Musiwa by dozern(m): 1:27pm On Nov 29, 2011
No! Ojukwu can never b honourd by criminals,bounch of corrupt people, canibals and unwaranted killers the hausa/fulani boko haram. They were the reason why Ojukwu fought(the igbo massacre by d muslims i wl never 4gt) Nigeria should keep her honour after all is meant for holigans and criminals as it was recently celebrated. Thank God for Chinua achebe refusal of nigerian award. What nigeria should do is to address the issue dat caused the civil war. That alone wil please Ojukwu. Failin to do so, another war wil com especialy frm d kilings by Boko haram
Re: Lower All Flag For Ojukwu And Declare A National Holiday by Musiwa by Dolaapo(f): 6:03pm On Nov 29, 2011
See, am all for fighting for causes that you believe in (For real, presently, Naija needs a revolution to purge her of all the vermin that are in power). Ojukwu went blind into a war. He made no provision whatsoever for the war.

Imagine, you going against a whole federation without  top of the line arms. He had no guns, no ammo, no food, nothing. When the war was being fought, where was he? (sleeping in luxury). Where was he when men were dying? Where was he when mothers and daughters were being violated? Where was he when igbo started to kill each other? and at the end of the day, he went into exile. Shouldn't he have stayed and died a "hero's" death instead of running away with his tail between his legs. And at the end of the war, where was he when igbos (or "biafrans"wink where being shunned by the rest of the country? That is an act of treason under most county's constitution.

The Nigerian civil war was fought without Nigeria borrowing a single penny, so definitely she was ready to fight but ojukwu was not. Shouldn't he have made more research, commissioned espionage to ascertain the coffers of the "enemy"?

These are the questions that should be asked instead of blindly giving honor where it's not due. Also he gave no accountability nor any apology to igbos for the genocide that he caused.

And you want Nigeria to lower her flags; the same flag that he fought against.
Re: Lower All Flag For Ojukwu And Declare A National Holiday by Musiwa by Okijajuju1(m): 12:16pm On Nov 30, 2011
cantell:

Nwoke m rijuo nsi afo.
A coward like you dies a thousand times before his death.Big foool! I don't seem to understand why anyone would claim to be from a tribe just to diss them.

NNE ogini pkata odi npkari'a?!

I may be a coward, but Its more honourable to die on the battlefeild field for a cause I believe in, no matter how stupid, than to run and claim to ba a coward.

I love my people. I just have a deep seated hatred for the coward called Ojukwu and that useless Biafran war he dragged us into!

I have no problems with you at all, only with Ojukwu and all the other clueless eastern governors like Rochas, Orji and co.

High_Chief:

Pick up a book my friend, you seem not to know anything about Nigeria history, Ojukwu protected his people from the annihilation and what is wrong in what he did. Maybe Nato should have allowed Ghadaffi to kill Libyans. He never waged war against Nigeria, check what happened to Igbos in 1966 and stop spewing rubbish cos I know you are not Igbo, I really overrated you, my bad.

Nna the history books are on virtually every shelf in the country. Annahilation! What led to this annihilation?! I know that civil unrest had been brewing for quite a bit, but what led to that unrest?! We all make ourselves to be the victim and never look at the picture in 3-d. The Northerners started killing the igbos in the North as a backlash to the Nzegwu coup. Even the actions/inactions of Ironsi and Ojukwu didnt help much. Now could he have protected ndi igbo without going to war?! Did he think about the consequences of war?! Would the casualties of ndi igbo have hit one million if he hadnt gone to war?!

Read beyond 1966 sir, go as far back as before independence, see how the north/east conflict had been brewing and try to decipher the events that made everything spiral out of control.

I can forgive Ojukwu for going to war! But I'll never forgive he for running away from his war!
Re: Lower All Flag For Ojukwu And Declare A National Holiday by Musiwa by musiwa43: 12:51pm On Nov 30, 2011
ojukwu was a victim of propaganda.

here is a correct story of the nigeria civil war. ojukwu was never part of the coup that killed balewa. northerners overthrow ironsi. northerners continued to kill igbo people. Gowon refuse , please quote me to stop the killing, that was what lead to declearation of biafra. ojukwu was gowon friend and classmate. ojukwu knews gowon better than anybody.

may officers regretted fighting the civil war, when they discovered that gowon had his own agenda. gowon refused to hand over power after 9 years in office, if a man refuse to hand over, does that not tell you what type of man he is.

the yoruba people agree at aburi that the should break up nigeria. even gowon agreed before a sudden u turn. check your history,

1 Like

Re: Lower All Flag For Ojukwu And Declare A National Holiday by Musiwa by musiwa43: 11:02pm On Nov 30, 2011
here is my reason. It was wrong for Igbo military officers to Kill balewa, that was totally wrong. But it was not right for Northerners to kill innocent Igbo. If you are against Ojukwu because of this. You are a heartless person. What it means is that you are supporting the killing of innocent people. It is an issue of standing for principle. the igbo killed in the north were innocent. ironsi was wrong for not jailing the igbo officers after they killed balewa. that was wrong,

Yes it is total wrong for Igbo officers to kill balewa and other. That was wrong. When Gowon did not stop the killing. That was when Ojukwu declared Biafra. and at aburi, the north agreed to leave the federation.  Read aburi conference. The yoruba too agree to leave the federation.

You see, you cant force people to marry you,   (i know you know what F means} when she says she does not want to. If a people say, they dont want to have anything to do with you. Why force anyone.

I am telling if the north was a separate country at that time. the north will be a better place, if you look at the satellite picture.

at that time northerners have not become corrupt like they are now. and with the taxes they were getting, they would have been ok.

Look balewa sat on the floor, he does not look like a man who will steal money. compare that to an average northerner now.

Look Ojukwu was never part of the people who killed Balewa. And till the end of the civil war. Ojukwu never attacked the north. He never once attacked the north because Ojukwu was born in the north. He was born in zugeru.  during the civil war. Ojukwu never once attacked the north. not even once.

[img]http://babajidesalu.files./2010/01/1sir-abubakar-tafawa-balewa.jpg?w=645[/img]
Re: Lower All Flag For Ojukwu And Declare A National Holiday by Musiwa by Wislet(f): 8:28am On Dec 01, 2011
War is not a good thing. It is only those who know nothing about it that allow their tongues talk without control, wishing for it. If a people or nation is truly made up of sane people, then they should be able to listen to the problems and complaints of one another and do the right thing. Hatred or rivalry among people living within a country is not a good thing at all. If they are tired of staying together, then they should show why they are considered to be better than animals by peacefully going their own way. And the other should not hold them back forcefully. Western influence seems to be a curse in some cases. A truly independent nation should be able to stand on her feet and not be a servant boy to anyone.
Re: Lower All Flag For Ojukwu And Declare A National Holiday by Musiwa by musiwa43: 8:19am On Dec 02, 2011
if you read the aburi conference minute. the north made attempt to secede from nigeria. they secretly brought weapon for this operation.  when the secret got into the open. Gowon lied that there was no storage place for the weapon in lagos,  that funny, so the whole south had no storage weapon,   here is part of the minute of aburi conference

5. Lt.-Col. Gowon explained that as a former Chief of Staff, Army, he was aware of the deficiency in the country's arms and ammunition which needed replacement. Since the Defense Industries
Corporation could not produce these, the only choice was to order from overseas and order was accordingly placed to the tune of f3/4 million. He said to the best of his knowledge, the actual amount that had been
paid out was only f80,000. As to why these arms were sent up to the North, Lt.-Col. Gowon referred to lack of storage facilities in Lagos and reminded his Military Colleagues of the number of times arms and
ammunition had been dumped in the sea. This was why, he said, it became necessary to use the better storage facilities in Kaduna. The arms and ammunition had not been distributed because they arrived only
two weeks previously and have not yet been taken on charge.
Re: Lower All Flag For Ojukwu And Declare A National Holiday by Musiwa by sugar001(f): 8:38am On Dec 02, 2011
For what?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Newly Transferred To Gusau In Zamfara State.. Need Help! / APC Picks National Officers / 160 Intending Osun Pilgrims Get ₦‎2.4 Million After Delayed Flight

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 83
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.