Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,170,593 members, 7,878,707 topics. Date: Wednesday, 03 July 2024 at 03:20 AM

'Don’t Make Yourself A Parent To Your Girlfriend - Man Advises His Son - Family (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / 'Don’t Make Yourself A Parent To Your Girlfriend - Man Advises His Son (23522 Views)

Don't Leave Your Man For Having Too Many Partners: Man Advises Women. (photos) / Stop Passing Old Cars To Your Wife, Buy Her A New One - Nigerian Man Advises / "Cheating Is Okay If Your Home Is Okay" - Nigerian Man Advises (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 'Don’t Make Yourself A Parent To Your Girlfriend - Man Advises His Son by Kobojunkie: 9:11pm On Jun 12
Pque:
Perhaps before marriage, it wasn't his, but after marriage, the spears belong to him. Every children will leave their parent at sometime, and become one with their spouse. Because he or she is now your better half, she is now yours and can go ahead to sharpen it if we want....
Una no dey learn at all! The spear never truly ever belongs to you just the same way as you never truly ever belong to the spear. You two are simply marriage partners and that is all!
Re: 'Don’t Make Yourself A Parent To Your Girlfriend - Man Advises His Son by JohnOkolo: 9:12pm On Jun 12
FreeStuffsNG:
Smh. You are not beholden to a girl who is your friend, especially platonic, what he is implying made no distinction between altar- bound relationships and even platonic relationships, if you are wise and starts with the end in mind, you will know relationships that will likely make a wife out of your special relationship with a girl. To that special girl, you will at some point in time be her 'parent' likewise she to you.

BTW, you don't need to understand for now. Serious relationships take commitments and sacrifice and those two are the essential ingredients in parenting so anyone telling you that you will not make exceptions for that special one is not being realistic.

Love , when you really fall in love, will make you trusting and vulnerable. If you're not then you are not in love. Maybe you are suggesting that he tells his son to never fall in love with a girl niyen.
Check my signature for free stuffs!

Mr Fall in Love.

Dey play just dey play.

Do not take responsibility that is not yours.

A wise father to his son.

You are spilling shit

3 Likes

Re: 'Don’t Make Yourself A Parent To Your Girlfriend - Man Advises His Son by Abee79(m): 9:15pm On Jun 12
Wished my father told me this. Had to learn the hard way 😔💔💔

2 Likes

Re: 'Don’t Make Yourself A Parent To Your Girlfriend - Man Advises His Son by Nonexisting1: 9:22pm On Jun 12
FreeStuffsNG:
All these theory sef. Smh.

There's no way you will not both fill the roles of parent to each other at some point in time. When the man is at his lowest ebb, he will first explain his predicaments to his wife and will rely on her for a measure of parental nurturing and vice versa for the wife too.

When spouses are celebrating milestones, the most important person they look out for in the audience is his or her spouse. That's the role children put their parents o.
That's how you people rush to comment without first reading to understand. The OG is advising his son on girlfriend matter, not marriage. There's nothing wrong with solving your spouse's problems but some simps carry girlfriend matter for head like sins of the world. Read to comprehend and not just to comment oh ye Baterian.

3 Likes

Re: 'Don’t Make Yourself A Parent To Your Girlfriend - Man Advises His Son by Pinkyposh(f): 9:22pm On Jun 12
A wise father.
Young men should always have this at the back of their mind

1 Like

Re: 'Don’t Make Yourself A Parent To Your Girlfriend - Man Advises His Son by NOwazobia: 9:26pm On Jun 12
FreeStuffsNG:

There's no way you will not both fill the roles of parent to each other at some point in time. When the man is at his lowest ebb, he will first explain his predicaments to his wife and will rely on her for a measure of parental nurturing and vice versa for the wife too.

When spouses are celebrating milestones, the most important person they look out for in the audience is his or her spouse. That's the role children put their parents o.
Video dey talk one thing, this one dey talk another thing... undecided

1 Like

Re: 'Don’t Make Yourself A Parent To Your Girlfriend - Man Advises His Son by Kobojunkie: 9:26pm On Jun 12
Nonexisting1:
That's how you people rush to comment without first reading to understand. The OG is advising his son on girlfriend matter, not marriage. There's nothing wrong with solving your spouse's problems but some simps carry girlfriend matter for head like sins of the world. Read to comprehend and not just to comment oh ye Baterian.
Whether girlfriend or wife, do not become a parent to her for any reason. You are not her parent and are never meant to become any such. grin

1 Like

Re: 'Don’t Make Yourself A Parent To Your Girlfriend - Man Advises His Son by jessylaurel(f): 9:28pm On Jun 12
Gistmedia10:
A father shared a golden rule of life with his son, advising him to avoid taking on unnecessary responsibilities in his relationship.

“Don’t make yourself a parent to your girlfriend,” he cautioned. “Don’t take responsibilities that are not yours.” shocked

The father's wise words aim to guide his son in navigating the complexities of romantic relationships and maintaining healthy boundaries.

Was he right?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oHZiTP-OmeQ

Also tell him not to make his girlfriend his mother.
Re: 'Don’t Make Yourself A Parent To Your Girlfriend - Man Advises His Son by Pque(m): 9:29pm On Jun 12
Kobojunkie:
Una no dey learn at all! The spear never truly ever belongs to you.

Just like our mother never belong to our father? And that means the word of God is false when it says the man and woman will become one. The fact that evil people appears much does not mean there are not good people. Study the person you're dating, and you will know whether the person is worth your care or not. The fact that I help her occasionally and vice versa, does not mean I am in charge of her responsibilities. Who's still in charge of GIRLFRIEND'S responsibility in this day and age?
Re: 'Don’t Make Yourself A Parent To Your Girlfriend - Man Advises His Son by Kobojunkie: 9:34pm On Jun 12
Pque:
Just like our mother never belong to our father?
■ ...Study the person you're dating, and you will know whether the person is worth your care or not. The fact that I help her occasionally and vice versa, does not mean I am in charge of her responsibilities. Who's still in charge of GIRLFRIEND'S responsibility in this day and age?
Leave God's mention out of this ridiculousness abeg! Your mother's never belonged to your fathers though they may have chosen to burden your fathers with their existence as instructed mostly by society. No human being is the property of another human being. undecided

2. If she too does not equally help you occasionally, it only means one thing, and that is that she has assigned you the role of her mugu and that will probably continue to be the case even after you marry her. undecided
Re: 'Don’t Make Yourself A Parent To Your Girlfriend - Man Advises His Son by Gentlesoul2021(m): 9:36pm On Jun 12
FreeStuffsNG:

There's no way you will not both fill the roles of parent to each other at some point in time.

When the man is at his lowest ebb, he will first explain his predicaments to his wife and will rely on her for a measure of parental nurturing and vice versa for the wife too.

They're talking boyfriend, girlfriend here haba read na

1 Like

Re: 'Don’t Make Yourself A Parent To Your Girlfriend - Man Advises His Son by Pque(m): 9:37pm On Jun 12
Kobojunkie:
Una no dey learn at all! The spear never truly ever belongs to you just the same way as you never truly ever belong to the spear. You two are simply marriage partners and that is all!

She does not belong to me: I paid her bride price, she lives in my house, we sleep & nack on the same bed almost every night, she cooks the food I eat everyday, gave birth to children together, and yet she isn't mine? Dey play my fans.
Re: 'Don’t Make Yourself A Parent To Your Girlfriend - Man Advises His Son by higgs: 9:38pm On Jun 12
He said gf not wife
FreeStuffsNG:

There's no way you will not both fill the roles of parent to each other at some point in time.

When the man is at his lowest ebb, he will first explain his predicaments to his wife and will rely on her for a measure of parental nurturing and vice versa for the wife too.

Re: 'Don’t Make Yourself A Parent To Your Girlfriend - Man Advises His Son by Kobojunkie: 9:40pm On Jun 12
Pque:
■ She does not belong to me: I paid her bride price, she lives in my house, we sleep & nack on the same bed almost every night, she cooks the food I eat everyday, gave birth to children together, and yet she isn't mine? Dey play my fans.
You people never learn, do you ever? 😁😁😁😁😁
Re: 'Don’t Make Yourself A Parent To Your Girlfriend - Man Advises His Son by djrollinz(m): 9:45pm On Jun 12
OT 101
Gistmedia10:
A father shared a golden rule of life with his son, advising him to avoid taking on unnecessary responsibilities in his relationship.

“Don’t make yourself a parent to your girlfriend,” he cautioned. “Don’t take responsibilities that are not yours.” shocked

The father's wise words aim to guide his son in navigating the complexities of romantic relationships and maintaining healthy boundaries.

Was he right?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oHZiTP-OmeQ
Re: 'Don’t Make Yourself A Parent To Your Girlfriend - Man Advises His Son by Pussyisgud: 9:48pm On Jun 12
FreeStuffsNG:

All these your long story is nonsense, at the end of the day what the man is simply saying is don't spend money on your girlfriend
Re: 'Don’t Make Yourself A Parent To Your Girlfriend - Man Advises His Son by Kobojunkie: 9:51pm On Jun 12
Pussyisgud:
■ All these your long story is nonsense, at the end of the day what the man is simply saying is don't spend money on your girlfriend
That isn't what the man is saying at all. People spend money on even strangers; that does not amount to parenting said strangers. It is the taking on of responsibilities that are instead meant for or belong only to parents that make one a parent to another. lipsrsealed

1 Like

Re: 'Don’t Make Yourself A Parent To Your Girlfriend - Man Advises His Son by CrossRhodes: 9:53pm On Jun 12
SyrusdeHansome:

The man advised his son abt acting as a father to his girlfrnd nd u`re here writing abt husband/wife relationship. Nsuto inawang idom?
Check his page for free lamba grin grin grin.
Re: 'Don’t Make Yourself A Parent To Your Girlfriend - Man Advises His Son by jojothaiv(m): 9:53pm On Jun 12
One weyrey don drop salvo up there..

😂😂😂😂😂😂😂
Re: 'Don’t Make Yourself A Parent To Your Girlfriend - Man Advises His Son by Pque(m): 10:01pm On Jun 12
Kobojunkie:
Leave God's mention out of this ridiculousness abeg! Your mother's never belonged to your fathers though they may have chosen to burden your fathers with their existence as instructed mostly by society. No human being is the property of another human being. undecided

2. If she too does not equally help you occasionally, it only means one thing, and that is that she has assigned you the role of her mugu and that will probably continue to be the case even after you marry her. undecided

Why will you get married to someone who can't assist you when the need arises? You must have know her before marrying her that she is someone who cares for you. That is the main problem. Partnership is give and take. We must give and take together. If I am the only one giving, I can't marry you as my wife.
Re: 'Don’t Make Yourself A Parent To Your Girlfriend - Man Advises His Son by Kobojunkie: 10:07pm On Jun 12
Pque:
■ Why will you get married to someone who can't assist you when the need arises? You must have know her before marrying her that she is someone who cares for you. That is the main problem. Partnership is give and take. We must give and take together. If I am the only one giving, I can't marry you as my wife.
Storyland! Partnership is give and take yet you are the same person who typed up this storm below in your first response!
Pque:

Perhaps before marriage, it wasn't his, but after marriage, the spears belong to him. Every children will leave their parent at sometime, and become one with their spouse. Because he or she is now your better half, she is now yours and can go ahead to sharpen it if we want.
The thing is that sometime, we can't control what others do with the gift we give them. I personally don't really care about what you do with what I give you, as long as it doesn't limit me, inconvenience me or stop my growth. You do evil, you see evil, you do good, you see good. What ever a man sow, he reaps. Even the person you help today, might be of great assistance to you tomorrow.
I know a man who was responsible for his girlfriend's school from Secondary School, they both live together even before marriage. The lady ends up being a first class student in higher institution. Now work in Sheveron, and married to the same man who Schooled her. And do you know the advantages the man enjoy from such woman? The man effortlessly has many millionaires as his client courtesy of the wife.
The fact that many people don't deserve this, doesn't mean that there are still special people Who deserves more. Let your spirit, mind & instinct guide you.
I don talk am say una no dey learn at all! lipsrsealed
Re: 'Don’t Make Yourself A Parent To Your Girlfriend - Man Advises His Son by DaddyGngeess(m): 10:08pm On Jun 12
Kobojunkie:
No girl should ever consider marrying a husband who now comes in to play the role of parent to her. That is not only an insult to her but also to those who raised her as it speaks of her not being a fully-formed adult from her parent's home. undecided

Sometimes when husband have too much money all this means nothing, alot of our parents no get money those days so forget but we are changing that in this our generation

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: 'Don’t Make Yourself A Parent To Your Girlfriend - Man Advises His Son by Pussyisgud: 10:11pm On Jun 12
Kobojunkie:
That isn't what the man is saying at all. People spend money on even strangers; that does not amount to parenting said strangers. It is carrying on responsibilities that should belong only to parents that make one a parent to another. lipsrsealed

what else does a parent do aside from providing for their wards
Re: 'Don’t Make Yourself A Parent To Your Girlfriend - Man Advises His Son by Kobojunkie: 10:14pm On Jun 12
DaddyGngeess:
■ Sometimes when husband have too much money all this means nothing, alot of our parents no get money those days so forget but we are changing that in this our generation
Parent's no get money so why are they busy raising kids? So they can find a mugu out there to come to do for them the job they were not able to do for their kids? You pay her school fees, pay her rent, etc, and then when you wife you, you expect her to be a slave to you just because? Ha! ha! undecided

Changing in what generation? No be wetin dey happen in this our very koro-koro we dey talk so? undecided

2 Likes

Re: 'Don’t Make Yourself A Parent To Your Girlfriend - Man Advises His Son by lilyheaven: 10:18pm On Jun 12
FreeStuffsNG:

He didn’t say wife or spouse.
He said girlfriend.
Re: 'Don’t Make Yourself A Parent To Your Girlfriend - Man Advises His Son by Olat4421: 10:18pm On Jun 12
D major thing I learn mostly is at d end of his word that don’t sharpen a spear that does not belong to you because that spear might b used against u one day

1 Like

Re: 'Don’t Make Yourself A Parent To Your Girlfriend - Man Advises His Son by Pque(m): 10:23pm On Jun 12
Kobojunkie:
Storyland! Partnership is give and take yet you are the same person who typed up this storm below in your first response! I don talk am say una no dey learn at all! lipsrsealed

The man is a multimillionaire courtesy of the wealthy people who became his business clients through the wife. The good luck of the wife didn't just start after she got her job; there is a way the woman reciprocates the man, even before she came to limelight that continue to encourage the man to do more. So it's about give and take. I once dated a lady who does not care about your feeling, and do whatever she likes, I later dump.. her.

The same woman could have left him after coming to lime light, but she did not, it's because she has been kind, loving and caring right from time. When a woman doesn't care, you see the sign, but you choose to overlook the signs. Marry only someone who cares and loves you just like you care for her and love. her

1 Like

Re: 'Don’t Make Yourself A Parent To Your Girlfriend - Man Advises His Son by Kobojunkie: 10:28pm On Jun 12
Pque:
■ The man is a multimillionaire courtesy of the wealthy people who became his business clients through the wife. The good luck of the wife didn't just start after she got her job; there is a way the woman reciprocates the man, even before she came to limelight that continue to encourage the man to do more. So it's about give and take. I once dated a lady who does not care about your feeling, and do whatever she likes, I later dump.. her. The same woman could have left him after coming to lime light, but she did not, it's because she has been kind, loving and caring right from time. When a woman doesn't care, you see the sign, but you choose to overlook the signs. Marry only someone who cares and loves you just like you care for her and love. her
I don talk am say una no dey learn at all at all! undecided
Re: 'Don’t Make Yourself A Parent To Your Girlfriend - Man Advises His Son by Ashawoman82: 10:45pm On Jun 12
SyrusdeHansome:

The man advised his son abt acting as a father to his girlfrnd nd u`re here writing abt husband/wife relationship. Nsuto inawang idom?
the guy na big mumu, just ignore him... Na them dey make life difficult for real men... Fucking simp guy.
Re: 'Don’t Make Yourself A Parent To Your Girlfriend - Man Advises His Son by mmadu4: 10:50pm On Jun 12
ReliableAgent1:
Good evening, well meaning Nigerians,

Please, I need your help Sir/Ma.

My name is Tunde. I am 32 yrs old and an O-Level holder. I had a car accident last year, lost my job, and became jobless for months.

Please help me; I am seriously hungry. The last time I ate was Monday evening, and it was my remaining garri that I drank. I have not eaten any other food since Monday evening other than the water that I have been drinking to gain some strength. I can no longer endure the hunger; my body is starting to shake. Please, my people, I am really sorry for begging, but it is just that I am starving to death. Please, someone should help me with something to eat, no matter the amount. I don't mind. I will always appreciate you. I am starving. I know things are very hard these days. Anything you have to spare, I would really appreciate.

I live at No 29, Kajola Street, Bode.Olude, Ita.Elega, Abeokuta, Ogun State.

If you live near me, please invite me for dinner; I am beginning to feel pain in my stomach. May you never lack the good things in life. Please have mercy on me and help me.

My phone number is 0 8 1 7 1 8 5 1 8 8 8

Please help me with any amount, #1000 will do a lot for me at this time.

Please, my bank details are:

Access Bank PLC
0 0 2 4 8 6 9 3 2 3
My name is Tunde

Thank you very much. May God continue to bless and protect you. Amen

BLOODY SCAMMER

1 Like

Re: 'Don’t Make Yourself A Parent To Your Girlfriend - Man Advises His Son by armyofone(m): 11:05pm On Jun 12
He noded! Lovely! But will he do what he heard his father said when he sees that fine and attractive omoge ?

I agree with his dad. Parents are responsible for their underage daughters.

May the right person cross our paths in life!
Amen 🙏

1 Like

Re: 'Don’t Make Yourself A Parent To Your Girlfriend - Man Advises His Son by Zubeezanga(m): 11:41pm On Jun 12
Lol baba no waste ur time, when hanty rukky siddon on top begin dy accelerate and ride am like v8 engine for kubwa express road him go forget all this advice oga lol untill banny do am wettin delilah do samson na them em brain go kickstart again lol.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Help: How Do I Greet A Neighbor That Just Gave Birth / After 14 Years Of Infertility, Man Loses His Wife And Child During Delivery / Reverend Nnaghe Itam & Wife Welcome Their First Child After 22-year Of Marriage

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 74
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.