Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,170,593 members, 7,878,707 topics. Date: Wednesday, 03 July 2024 at 03:21 AM

'Don’t Make Yourself A Parent To Your Girlfriend - Man Advises His Son - Family (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / 'Don’t Make Yourself A Parent To Your Girlfriend - Man Advises His Son (23523 Views)

Don't Leave Your Man For Having Too Many Partners: Man Advises Women. (photos) / Stop Passing Old Cars To Your Wife, Buy Her A New One - Nigerian Man Advises / "Cheating Is Okay If Your Home Is Okay" - Nigerian Man Advises (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 'Don’t Make Yourself A Parent To Your Girlfriend - Man Advises His Son by sylve11: 11:58pm On Jun 12
Kobojunkie:
That na rubbish abeg! The moment you begin parenting your spouse, you cease to be a married couple and become a parent/child situation! That should not even occur for any reason. lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed

😆 na wa o grin cool
Re: 'Don’t Make Yourself A Parent To Your Girlfriend - Man Advises His Son by Beebling: 1:02am On Jun 13
So sometimes I wonder what kind of stupid youth we have in this country called Nigeria. 

Do you have an ear problem, or is your eye hurting you? The man gave advice to his son that he shouldn't play the role of parent to his girl friend. 

You are up here talking about husband and wife helping each other

Guy are you ok ?
Re: 'Don’t Make Yourself A Parent To Your Girlfriend - Man Advises His Son by DMerciful(m): 1:48am On Jun 13
When you're in a hole, stop digging
FreeStuffsNG:
Smh. You are not beholden to a girl who is your friend, especially platonic, what he is implying made no distinction between altar- bound relationships and even platonic relationships, if you are wise and starts with the end in mind, you will know relationships that will likely make a wife out of your special relationship with a girl. To that special girl, you will at some point in time be her 'parent' likewise she to you.

BTW, you don't need to understand for now. Serious relationships take commitments and sacrifice and those two are the essential ingredients in parenting so anyone telling you that you will not make exceptions for that special one is not being realistic.

Love , when you really fall in love, will make you trusting and vulnerable. If you're not then you are not in love. Maybe you are suggesting that he tells his son to never fall in love with a girl niyen.
Check my signature for free stuffs!
Re: 'Don’t Make Yourself A Parent To Your Girlfriend - Man Advises His Son by WayoProphet: 1:52am On Jun 13
See finish. Girlfriends in the mud😂😂😂
Re: 'Don’t Make Yourself A Parent To Your Girlfriend - Man Advises His Son by freedomchild: 3:04am On Jun 13
OkoRemi2023:

Egbon mi give yourself a break

You're not wise than the man, he's talking from experience, that's an Alpha male talking not a SIMP

The last time I carried responsibility for my head I suffer am for 2yrs, abi make the lady get make we spend am together. No be say I go overwhelmed myself with burden of responsibility and the woman go move on after one don kpai

The owner of the house I'm staying is late, his wife remarried already and handover the care of the house in the hand of her new husband brother, what a man hustle to build?

No guide yourself, dey talk nonsense
no mind the guy
Re: 'Don’t Make Yourself A Parent To Your Girlfriend - Man Advises His Son by LordIsaac(m): 3:16am On Jun 13
oyera:
God bless you brother
Amen bro
Re: 'Don’t Make Yourself A Parent To Your Girlfriend - Man Advises His Son by gabpaul: 3:47am On Jun 13
FreeStuffsNG:
All these theory sef. Smh.

There's no way you will not both fill the roles of parent to each other at some point in time.

When the man is at his lowest ebb, he will first explain his predicaments to his wife and will rely on her for a measure of parental nurturing and vice versa for the wife too.

When spouses are celebrating milestones, the most important person they look out for in the audience is his or her spouse. That's the role children put their parents o.
For your mind now you don get sense, that's the problem with blacks you just watched a video of a man advising his son not play the of a father in his girlfriend's life but you are here talking about wife, they are two different things.
Re: 'Don’t Make Yourself A Parent To Your Girlfriend - Man Advises His Son by Kobojunkie: 3:55am On Jun 13
gabpaul:

For your mind now you don get sense, that's the problem with blacks you just watched a video of a man advising his son not play the of a father in his girlfriend's life but you are here talking about wife, they are two different things.
Whether girlfriend or wife, do not become a parent to her for any reason. You are not her parent and are never meant to become any such. grin
Re: 'Don’t Make Yourself A Parent To Your Girlfriend - Man Advises His Son by luminouz(m): 4:17am On Jun 13
FreeStuffsNG:

There's no way you will not both fill the roles of parent to each other at some point in time.

When the man is at his lowest ebb, he will first explain his predicaments to his wife and will rely on her for a measure of parental nurturing and vice versa for the wife too.

When spouses are celebrating milestones, the most important person they look out for in the audience is his or her spouse. That's the role children put their parents o.
He said girlfriend, not wife...🙄🙄🙄
Re: 'Don’t Make Yourself A Parent To Your Girlfriend - Man Advises His Son by Kobojunkie: 4:19am On Jun 13
luminouz:

He said girlfriend, not wife...🙄🙄🙄
Whether girlfriend or wife, do not become a parent to her for any reason. You are not her parent and are never meant to become any such. grin
Re: 'Don’t Make Yourself A Parent To Your Girlfriend - Man Advises His Son by luminouz(m): 4:20am On Jun 13
Kobojunkie:
Quote me again and Ogun go kill you this week.

Werey asinwin!!!😡
Re: 'Don’t Make Yourself A Parent To Your Girlfriend - Man Advises His Son by Kobojunkie: 4:22am On Jun 13
luminouz:
∆Quote me again and Ogun go kill you this week.
Werey asinwin!!!😡
Re: 'Don’t Make Yourself A Parent To Your Girlfriend - Man Advises His Son by StPete: 5:04am On Jun 13
FreeStuffsNG:

Just rushed to write rubbish all in a bid to claim FTC. You obviously don’t know the big difference between being a gf and being a wife
Re: 'Don’t Make Yourself A Parent To Your Girlfriend - Man Advises His Son by Kobojunkie: 5:09am On Jun 13
StPete:
Just rushed to write rubbish all in a bid to claim FTC. You obviously don’t know the big difference between being a gf and being a wife
Re: 'Don’t Make Yourself A Parent To Your Girlfriend - Man Advises His Son by jaephoenix(m): 6:22am On Jun 13
FreeStuffsNG:
Smh. You are not beholden to a girl who is your friend, especially platonic, what he is implying made no distinction between altar- bound relationships and even platonic relationships, if you are wise and starts with the end in mind, you will know relationships that will likely make a wife out of your special relationship with a girl. To that special girl, you will at some point in time be her 'parent' likewise she to you.

BTW, you don't need to understand for now. Serious relationships take commitments and sacrifice and those two are the essential ingredients in parenting so anyone telling you that you will not make exceptions for that special one is not being realistic.

Love , when you really fall in love, will make you trusting and vulnerable. If you're not then you are not in love. Maybe you are suggesting that he tells his son to never fall in love with a girl niyen.
You are still talking rubbish after you have been corrected. There's a clear distinction between gf and wife. The advice u r reeling out is for a wife not gf.
No wonder u support Tinubu and svck his dicck
Re: 'Don’t Make Yourself A Parent To Your Girlfriend - Man Advises His Son by fortunejum: 7:03am On Jun 13
SyrusdeHansome:

The man advised his son abt acting as a father to his girlfrnd nd u`re here writing abt husband/wife relationship. Nsuto inawang idom?
Ebot ke ye ado
Re: 'Don’t Make Yourself A Parent To Your Girlfriend - Man Advises His Son by tiswell(m): 7:10am On Jun 13
Joy2dworldxyz:
I no understand o

See what Tinubu and APC has brought upon Nigerians!

Nsuto mpo inam owo ntom?
mkpo aba o
Re: 'Don’t Make Yourself A Parent To Your Girlfriend - Man Advises His Son by Love800(m): 7:11am On Jun 13
I can be showing one the way to do things though. But try let it dont lead you to depression.
You should also see the seriousness in the person's zeal so to know whether to continue or not.
imustsaymymindo:
The first duty a Parent has to the child is to teach character.

If you end up having a spouse/girl/boyfriend where you are the one having to teach character. Then you are in for a long ride.

That's the deeper lesson for me to this.
Re: 'Don’t Make Yourself A Parent To Your Girlfriend - Man Advises His Son by jaxxy(m): 7:32am On Jun 13
FreeStuffsNG:

U cannot be a parent to ur close guy friends when they are down but u can be a parent to a girl who may not even give a damn about u?

Where was it ever said because someone is special to u then u must be special to them also automatically? it may or may not work out like that. She can be special to u but u are not special to her rather she is just using u and being with u out if convenience.

Then u will spend ur life savings because of girlfriend? abegi

if u want help someone help them not on the condition u want to date or marry them cos they can disappoint u intentionally or unintentionally.

A girl who really loves u will not be looking for how u take and keep taking from u. She will be looking for how to add value to u life.

Any girl that wants u to be her parents may not like u or only likes u conditionally. undecided

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 'Don’t Make Yourself A Parent To Your Girlfriend - Man Advises His Son by pagorino(m): 7:35am On Jun 13
FreeStuffsNG:

He said girlfriend not wife.
The two ain't the same.
Re: 'Don’t Make Yourself A Parent To Your Girlfriend - Man Advises His Son by Oracleee: 7:36am On Jun 13
FreeStuffsNG:

You said wife, he said gf. There is a clear margin. Next time take your time before commenting.
Re: 'Don’t Make Yourself A Parent To Your Girlfriend - Man Advises His Son by Lovit(m): 7:54am On Jun 13
FreeStuffsNG:

The father is right. He said 'girlfriend' not wife.

SIMPs are rattled by this golden advice of this 'Father of the Year' to his son
Re: 'Don’t Make Yourself A Parent To Your Girlfriend - Man Advises His Son by Fuckyoumod: 8:02am On Jun 13
FreeStuffsNG:

Nigerians God forbid! Very docile people.

This one has left the beautiful advice from a good father to his son and started writing nonsense about marriage, who mentioned marriage?

So you will be happy to see your son labour and die for his girlfriend? The daughter of another man?
Re: 'Don’t Make Yourself A Parent To Your Girlfriend - Man Advises His Son by razzydoo(m): 8:55am On Jun 13
Common redpill knowledge. If we emphasize this, trolls would arise mocking the pill. Yimu people. undecided
Re: 'Don’t Make Yourself A Parent To Your Girlfriend - Man Advises His Son by OkoRemi2023(m): 9:25am On Jun 13
drimzsmoke:

So if the woman should die tomorrow, the house automatically becomes that of the husband. Isn't that a story of a man gaining from a woman

Was the new husband name written on the documents or you no read the house was in care of the new husband brother

You know different between in care and given?
Re: 'Don’t Make Yourself A Parent To Your Girlfriend - Man Advises His Son by Orion2603: 9:34am On Jun 13
FreeStuffsNG:

He said girlfriend not Wife.
Re: 'Don’t Make Yourself A Parent To Your Girlfriend - Man Advises His Son by imustsaymymindo: 10:04am On Jun 13
Love800:
I can be showing one the way to do things though. But try let it dont lead you to depression.
You should also see the seriousness in the person's zeal so to know whether to continue or not.

I disagree. If the Parent couldn't teach it. There is a slim chance you'd be successful.
Re: 'Don’t Make Yourself A Parent To Your Girlfriend - Man Advises His Son by Acekidc4(m): 10:40am On Jun 13
Pque:

Perhaps before marriage, it wasn't his, but after marriage, the spears belong to him. Every children will leave their parent at sometime, and become one with their spouse. Because he or she is now your better half, she is now yours and can go ahead to sharpen it if we want.

The thing is that sometime, we can't control what others do with the gift we give them. I personally don't really care about what you do with what I give you, as long as it doesn't limit me, inconvenience me or stop my growth. You do evil, you see evil, you do good, you see good. What ever a man sow, he reaps. Even the person you help today, might be of great assistance to you tomorrow.

I know a man who was responsible for his girlfriend's school from Secondary School, they both live together even before marriage. The lady ends up being a first class student in higher institution. Now work in Sheveron, and married to the same man who Schooled her. And do you know the advantages the man enjoy from such woman? The man effortlessly has many millionaires as his client courtesy of the wife.

The fact that many people don't deserve this, doesn't mean that there are still special people Who deserves more. Let your spirit, mind & instinct guide you.

The most sensible comment so far............i like your wise narration..............Let your spirit, mind and instinct guide you💯
Re: 'Don’t Make Yourself A Parent To Your Girlfriend - Man Advises His Son by Acekidc4(m): 10:41am On Jun 13
freeborn02:

How can a tinubu errand boy read and understand? Those words don't exist in their dictionary

I bet you wish to be Tinubu errand boy🙄😎
Re: 'Don’t Make Yourself A Parent To Your Girlfriend - Man Advises His Son by Acekidc4(m): 10:44am On Jun 13
NothingDoMe:
Kobo do well this evening or morning for your country. Girlfriend is Girlfriend. Wife is wife. The distinction is clear legally, socially, spiritually....etc.

From girlfriend to wife, is that not how it works 🤔🤨 abi you go just see girl tell am say you wan marry am just like that Oga use your brain na🤨
Re: 'Don’t Make Yourself A Parent To Your Girlfriend - Man Advises His Son by Love800(m): 10:53am On Jun 13
And who told you all parents would teach it?
Cant you be a hero to someone!

The baseline is, if the person has some atoms of hardworkingness together with ready to learn, i will stay but if not then is like pouring water into a basket.
imustsaymymindo:

I disagree. If the Parent couldn't teach it. There is a slim chance you'd be successful.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Help: How Do I Greet A Neighbor That Just Gave Birth / After 14 Years Of Infertility, Man Loses His Wife And Child During Delivery / Reverend Nnaghe Itam & Wife Welcome Their First Child After 22-year Of Marriage

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.