Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,189,437 members, 7,937,331 topics. Date: Sunday, 01 September 2024 at 09:14 PM

See SA Security Guard Who Returned N1,4-million Left At ATM To Bank (PICS) - Business (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / See SA Security Guard Who Returned N1,4-million Left At ATM To Bank (PICS) (32589 Views)

How A Lady With Fake Naira Notes Approached Me At ATM Queue - Man / Video Of Nigerians Fighting To Use ATM To Cash New Naira Notes.. / Man Returns Money And ATM Card He Found At ATM Point To A Bank In Sokoto (Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: See SA Security Guard Who Returned N1,4-million Left At ATM To Bank (PICS) by PortHarcourtcit(m): 6:40pm On Jun 17
sacajawea:

Your actual relative?
Where and when?
read the news ngozi kekwaru ...
Re: See SA Security Guard Who Returned N1,4-million Left At ATM To Bank (PICS) by Maxtipulation(m): 6:54pm On Jun 17
Can't be me
Re: See SA Security Guard Who Returned N1,4-million Left At ATM To Bank (PICS) by Checkwell: 6:56pm On Jun 17
Sapasenator:
That's weird, over here in Vietnam, if your money is not taken out very quickly, the ATM will "swallow" back your money immediately.

shocked
Re: See SA Security Guard Who Returned N1,4-million Left At ATM To Bank (PICS) by Judd007: 7:00pm On Jun 17
Hunter will not let any Nigerian return the money, the hunger too much, alot of Nigerians would have done the same, if not for hunger
Re: See SA Security Guard Who Returned N1,4-million Left At ATM To Bank (PICS) by babtoundey(m): 7:30pm On Jun 17
17,600 Rands equals 1.4 million Naira. Omo, things have scattered apart and center may never get a good hold of itself again..
Re: See SA Security Guard Who Returned N1,4-million Left At ATM To Bank (PICS) by Coronavirus1: 7:39pm On Jun 17
benefitzte:

What about east?
Yes even east all of them is southern Nigeria
Re: See SA Security Guard Who Returned N1,4-million Left At ATM To Bank (PICS) by onlinestaff247: 7:52pm On Jun 17
The security guard would definitely be caught if he made away with the cash, as the rightful owner would complain thereafter, and the bank would check the logs on their cameras on different angles for that particular day.

Best bet is when a bank customer comes at that point in time, then make away with the said cash...It would then be impossible to trace te cash, irrespective of the camera logs.
Re: See SA Security Guard Who Returned N1,4-million Left At ATM To Bank (PICS) by VPmoney: 8:13pm On Jun 17
No be him holy pass o !
He was afraid cos if he had take awo ,the camera will trace and he will definitely be arrested

1 Like 1 Share

Re: See SA Security Guard Who Returned N1,4-million Left At ATM To Bank (PICS) by wizrose(m): 8:30pm On Jun 17
thats is own cup of tea if he return it or not well their economy is okay shaa compare to nigeria way hunger won shift person neck for here but as for me oo sope otilo its gone no traceses no be theif i theif am God answer my prayer i see money i carry am its even among my prayer point self make i see sarra money
Re: See SA Security Guard Who Returned N1,4-million Left At ATM To Bank (PICS) by campbelljosh(m): 8:43pm On Jun 17
It's a bank! It's surrounded by cameras, even the machine have cameras. If he hadn't returned the money customer would definitely lodge a complaint and the cameras would be checked to ascertain what happens.
Re: See SA Security Guard Who Returned N1,4-million Left At ATM To Bank (PICS) by Alexiiydon: 8:57pm On Jun 17
DMerciful01:
Another Mistake
ma smart work because the bank must have CCTV so use your sense for once

1 Like

Re: See SA Security Guard Who Returned N1,4-million Left At ATM To Bank (PICS) by neoG(f): 9:12pm On Jun 17
You are right but if he was determined to steal the money, there are a several options that he would have used. Have you thought of the fact that he can send WhatsApp message or call that may not be easily traced back to a friend and make an arrangement with that friend to come asap to the ATM machine with some particular style of dressing? In other to cover up. But he is a good Man and I applaud his integrity.
richiemcgold:
I'm not playing down his integrity o, but if he had attempted to make away with the money, he could easily be busted by the cameras.
Re: See SA Security Guard Who Returned N1,4-million Left At ATM To Bank (PICS) by Droxford: 9:28pm On Jun 17
No way.. he returned it becos cameras were all over. Simple
Re: See SA Security Guard Who Returned N1,4-million Left At ATM To Bank (PICS) by RussellRutherfo: 9:34pm On Jun 17
WannaHowzit:
In a world where honesty and integrity have lost their value, it takes a true hero to restore one’s faith in humanity. 24/7 Security Services’ Officer Lungelani Mbatha is one of those heroes who found a very large sum of money in the ATM and tried to return it to the original owner.

Recently, while on duty, Lungelani Mbatha found a large amount of cash at an ATM that was supposed to be deposited. The customer had already left the ATM. Officer Mbatha immediately reported the matter, and the 17,600 rands (1,4-million naira) was handed over to the bank’s Branch Manager for counting and processing. All in a day’s work for our hero!

Lungelani Mbatha is new to the security industry and joined 24/7 Security Services at the end of May. In his first two weeks, he definitely showed his worth.

We caught up with Lungelani, who shared:

“I have often been the victim of crime. I understand too well how it feels to lose things or to be robbed, so I would not wish to see someone going through what I went through. I like to protect people from being victims of crime or from losing their things. I encourage all security officers to stay honest in every situation and to work with integrity. Be humble and friendly to clients, but not too friendly. And always look presentable – you are the face of your company.”

Neville Rothfusz – 24/7 Security Services General Manager: Operations, comments:

“Officer Mbatha’s actions are a testament to his character and dedication to upholding our company’s values. It is reassuring to know that we have a team member like him who is committed to doing the right thing, even when no one is watching.”

The future shines bright for Lungelani Mbatha!

Amazing deed of honesty from that South African but I don't get it.

Why is this South African Hamas terrorist supporter always on our Nairaland?

Don't South Africa have a similar forum like Nairaland that you should be on?

Is there like some incentive that he is getting that sees him everyday on our Nairaland?
Re: See SA Security Guard Who Returned N1,4-million Left At ATM To Bank (PICS) by Smarkest(m): 10:11pm On Jun 17
The fear of CCTV
Re: See SA Security Guard Who Returned N1,4-million Left At ATM To Bank (PICS) by virginchaser(m): 12:01am On Jun 18
Melonsmasher:

Fear of cctv, I know it wasn't really your intention..

Bro, if you have grown up in 2003 you would have known that CCTV wasn't popular then.
Re: See SA Security Guard Who Returned N1,4-million Left At ATM To Bank (PICS) by purples25(f): 1:50am On Jun 18
He couldn't have gotten away with the money of he tried but he did well returning it.
Re: See SA Security Guard Who Returned N1,4-million Left At ATM To Bank (PICS) by bizzibodi(m): 7:08am On Jun 18
Karleb:

I was probably too young to know at that time.
2014 - 2016
Re: See SA Security Guard Who Returned N1,4-million Left At ATM To Bank (PICS) by Karleb(m): 7:09am On Jun 18
bizzibodi:

2014 - 2016

I was in uni at this time. How did I not know? Mehn!
Re: See SA Security Guard Who Returned N1,4-million Left At ATM To Bank (PICS) by WannaHowzit(m): 7:27am On Jun 18
RussellRutherfo:

Amazing deed of honesty from that South African but I don't get it.

Why is this South African Hamas terrorist supporter always on our Nairaland?

Don't South Africa have a similar forum like Nairaland that you should be on?

Is there like some incentive that he is getting that sees him everyday on our Nairaland?

More loading... ⏳⏳⏳

Re: See SA Security Guard Who Returned N1,4-million Left At ATM To Bank (PICS) by mechanics(m): 7:32am On Jun 18
That's good of him.
Re: See SA Security Guard Who Returned N1,4-million Left At ATM To Bank (PICS) by jojothaiv(m): 8:45am On Jun 18
Some heroes don't wear cape.

While some heroes are actually not from Capetown.

1 Like

Re: See SA Security Guard Who Returned N1,4-million Left At ATM To Bank (PICS) by BluelightHotel: 11:26am On Jun 18
There’s cameras in there,so he knew that he’ll be caught anyways.
Re: See SA Security Guard Who Returned N1,4-million Left At ATM To Bank (PICS) by sacajawea: 1:37pm On Jun 18
PortHarcourtcit:
read the news ngozi kekwaru ...
Try & get a Brain.
You said it as if she was related to You. And I ask, is she??!
Re: See SA Security Guard Who Returned N1,4-million Left At ATM To Bank (PICS) by RussellRutherfo: 3:45pm On Jun 18
WannaHowzit:

More loading... ⏳⏳⏳

More loading while all you Hamas terrorists can't do nothing but watch the most compassionate army pound your Hamas terrorist enclave.

South Africa can do nothing except make noise at UN meetings.
grin grin grin
Re: See SA Security Guard Who Returned N1,4-million Left At ATM To Bank (PICS) by Deepthoughts: 4:42pm On Jun 18
WannaHowzit:
In a world where honesty and integrity have lost their value, it takes a true hero to restore one’s faith in humanity. 24/7 Security Services’ Officer Lungelani Mbatha is one of those heroes who found a very large sum of money in the ATM and tried to return it to the original owner.

Recently, while on duty, Lungelani Mbatha found a large amount of cash at an ATM that was supposed to be deposited. The customer had already left the ATM. Officer Mbatha immediately reported the matter, and the 17,600 rands (1,4-million naira) was handed over to the bank’s Branch Manager for counting and processing. All in a day’s work for our hero!

Lungelani Mbatha is new to the security industry and joined 24/7 Security Services at the end of May. In his first two weeks, he definitely showed his worth.

We caught up with Lungelani, who shared:

“I have often been the victim of crime. I understand too well how it feels to lose things or to be robbed, so I would not wish to see someone going through what I went through. I like to protect people from being victims of crime or from losing their things. I encourage all security officers to stay honest in every situation and to work with integrity. Be humble and friendly to clients, but not too friendly. And always look presentable – you are the face of your company.”

Neville Rothfusz – 24/7 Security Services General Manager: Operations, comments:

“Officer Mbatha’s actions are a testament to his character and dedication to upholding our company’s values. It is reassuring to know that we have a team member like him who is committed to doing the right thing, even when no one is watching.”

The future shines bright for Lungelani Mbatha!
Is some if these things been staged?,I mean how on earth will someone just forget that kind of money just like that,no that there was an attack n the person had to flee immediately ooh,haba !
Re: See SA Security Guard Who Returned N1,4-million Left At ATM To Bank (PICS) by PortHarcourtcit(m): 5:15pm On Jun 18
sacajawea:

Try & get a Brain.
You said it as if she was related to You. And I ask, is she??!
yes, GBAJUE
Re: See SA Security Guard Who Returned N1,4-million Left At ATM To Bank (PICS) by KingCold: 5:59pm On Jun 18
RussellRutherfo:

More loading while all you Hamas terrorists can't do nothing but watch the most compassionate army pound your Hamas terrorist enclave.

South Africa can do nothing except make noise at UN meetings.
grin grin grin
At least we're a country that stands for and attempts to do something, That's more than I can say of your own Nigeria. Continue laughing at your own stupidity
Re: See SA Security Guard Who Returned N1,4-million Left At ATM To Bank (PICS) by AFONJACOW(m): 10:43pm On Jun 18
KingCold:
Nah, this is a security guard from a company called 24/7 by the look of uniform, they earn around R7000+ more with overtime. Govt security guards earn much more
7k rand is nearly 600k naira... Fair enough... I can't lose my job for half twice of my salary... If I want to lose my job let it be something that can remove poverty out of my life 4ever...my first work when i came to abroad... They hired me and put me on night duty , only me alone in the office working with few company driver... No cameras inside but cameras are outside, one night I went to cashier office and find his drawer open, stack of dollars if am not mistaking the money I saw there are more than 1m dollars that was in 2015 , this company international company that are into ship building and repairing... The company is among top 10 in gulf country in ship building... So many things come to mind, to flee with whatever i can lay my hand on , our office is in sea area , I can flee with ship that night but to where I consider so many things, my freedom and family....I just close the door and walk ... I don't know if that was a test by my company, they promoted me after few months and that opened door for other Africa nationals, because this is a company that has only 4 Africans when i joined but with time, Africans nearly took over the company and because hundreds of them were employed... Yeah I was tempted to take some of the money, but thief no dey my brother and I dey reason well.. u see my freedom i can't gamble it with even 1m dollars
Re: See SA Security Guard Who Returned N1,4-million Left At ATM To Bank (PICS) by RussellRutherfo: 12:38am On Jun 19
KingCold:
At least we're a country that stands for and attempts to do something, That's more than I can say of your own Nigeria. Continue laughing at your own stupidity

You had to make use of your other account to reply me grin

A country or her leadership that stands for a terrorist state over fellow African countries that have gone through genuine genocide is regarded as a foolish country by any sane person.

Where is thy voice and that of your country when African countries go through issues like Nigeria did for you guys during apartheid??
Re: See SA Security Guard Who Returned N1,4-million Left At ATM To Bank (PICS) by KingCold: 9:17am On Jun 19
RussellRutherfo:

You had to make use of your other account to reply me grin

A country or her leadership that stands for a terrorist state over fellow African countries that have gone through genuine genocide is regarded as a foolish country by any sane person.

Where is thy voice and that of your country when African countries go through issues like Nigeria did for you guys during apartheid??
And which account is my other one?

Which country sends peace missions for African wars? where's Nigeria in the Congo?

you're a country that stands for nothing...

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Banks To Close Branches As Recession Bites Hard / My Encounter With A GTB Staff / Next Cash And Carry: Goods Worth Millions Of Naira Retrieved By Abuja Residents

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.