Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,177,065 members, 7,899,810 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 July 2024 at 08:14 PM

My Encounter With A GTB Staff - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / My Encounter With A GTB Staff (32555 Views)

GTB Staff Celebrate Tinuola Aigwedo / Any Gtb Staff Here Please I Need Your Help / Brief Summary Of All My Business Encounter In 2016. - I Take A Bow (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Encounter With A GTB Staff by Manson1(m): 8:38am On Jun 13, 2017
Morning nlanders I will try to make my story very brief....

I Went to make a fix deposit of about #500,000 last week at xxBank then I received a call the next day from the staff that helped me in opening the fixed deposit account that he will like to see me the next day which was on Saturday. He described his place of residence to me and I went to see him.
He told me that a friend of his that is about traveling abroad wants to sell his car that he needed about #160,000 to add to wot he has now and since I came to make a fix deposit he felt I won't be using the money now and I should pls borrow him and he would pay back in 2months time. Although I made it clear to him that I cnt do such a thing moreover u work in a bank and can easily take a loan which from there u would be paying bit by bit.
Pls my question now is does he have access to take my money without my permission??

25 Likes 2 Shares

Re: My Encounter With A GTB Staff by Loyalblak007(f): 8:41am On Jun 13, 2017
He doesn't have any access to your money,that is why he came to you in the first place

103 Likes 5 Shares

Re: My Encounter With A GTB Staff by smartty68(m): 8:41am On Jun 13, 2017
Manson1:

I Went to make a fix deposit of about #500,000 last week at GTbank then I received a call the next day from the staff that helped me in opening the fixed deposit account that he will like to see me the next day which was on Saturday. He described his place of residence to me and I went to see him.
He told me that a friend of his that is about traveling abroad wants to sell his car that he needed about #160,000 to add to wot he has now and since I came to make a fix deposit he felt I won't be using the money now and I should pls borrow him and he would pay back in 2months time. Although I made it clear to him that I cnt do such a thing moreover u work in a bank and can easily take a loan which from there u would be paying bit by bit.
Pls my question now is does he have access to take my money without my permission??
Nope, he doesn't... Every single activities in the Bank is always documented

16 Likes

Re: My Encounter With A GTB Staff by Manson1(m): 8:43am On Jun 13, 2017
Loyalblak007:
He doesn't have any access to your money,that is why he came to you in the first place
Alright thanks

10 Likes 3 Shares

Re: My Encounter With A GTB Staff by Manson1(m): 8:43am On Jun 13, 2017
smartty68:

Nope, he doesn't... Every single activities in the Bank is always documented

Thanks

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: My Encounter With A GTB Staff by peteregwu(m): 8:55am On Jun 13, 2017
Except you give him the money directly in his house or else where without documentation in the bank. na one chance be that.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My Encounter With A GTB Staff by solomonjac(m): 11:05am On Jun 13, 2017
Oga u want to fall victim lol....U beta report to the bank to get the guy refund ur money...
Chat gtb mail thru enquiry@gtbank.com or complaints@gtbank.com make them help u out else u go enter 1chance.....banker indeed

17 Likes 2 Shares

Re: My Encounter With A GTB Staff by escohido1(m): 11:06am On Jun 13, 2017
@manson 1: sorry for wat happened o.I once had an encounter of such nature with Gtbank and I routed my complaint through their complaints unit and it was resolved amicably.
please send a mail to complaints@gtbank.com.I assure u DAT the issue will be resolved.

7 Likes 4 Shares

Re: My Encounter With A GTB Staff by solomonjac(m): 11:09am On Jun 13, 2017
Oga u want to fall victim lol....U beta report to the bank to get the guy refund ur money...
Chat gtb mail thru enquiry@gtbank.com or complaints@gtbank.com make them help u out else u go enter 1chance.....banker indeed

Manson1:

I Went to make a fix deposit of about #500,000 last week at GTbank then I received a call the next day from the staff that helped me in opening the fixed deposit account that he will like to see me the next day which was on Saturday. He described his place of residence to me and I went to see him.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My Encounter With A GTB Staff by Nobody: 11:56am On Jun 13, 2017
solomonjac:

dont answer thisguy, they will sack him if you do so.

145 Likes 4 Shares

Re: My Encounter With A GTB Staff by dapyd1(m): 1:02pm On Jun 13, 2017
No one has access to your money as long as you lodged it in through the correct means.

For those urging you to report him, I see it this way.

First, there is nothing bad if you want to, that is if you feel harassed.

While I'm not trying to emotionally blackmail you, please note that he may likely lose his job if you report.

What he did was professionally wrong.

But I urge you to see it as a guy to guy thing. He came to meet you to lend him money. You said No. You could leave it at that.

295 Likes 17 Shares

Re: My Encounter With A GTB Staff by Nobody: 1:02pm On Jun 13, 2017
Dominique is viewing the topic shocked shocked

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: My Encounter With A GTB Staff by NwaAmaikpe: 1:03pm On Jun 13, 2017

You went to see him on Saturday in his house?

It is either you are jobless or you are gay.

101 Likes 6 Shares

Re: My Encounter With A GTB Staff by SmartyPants(m): 1:03pm On Jun 13, 2017
Manson1:

You need to report that guy right away. What unprofessional behavior!

5 Likes

Re: My Encounter With A GTB Staff by Nobody: 1:04pm On Jun 13, 2017
In fact reading this story makes me boil inside. We Nigerians most times take things for granted. How can a bank staff lift a customer number ( that is very unprofessional and can lead to termination), went ahead to call the customer on same number to arrange for personal transaction.

@op this is so wrong on many levels seriously. These are the type of bank staff that connive with armed robbers to rob customers. If I were you his boss will hear about it.

What are they teaching these guys in training school/during induction? Where on earth does shit like this happen if not in Nigeria?

To answer your question, he does not. But if I may ask are you sure that your transaction has been executed? Because the way the guy sounded and behaved, if he is the one responsible he may not have executed your transaction maybe in the hope of convincing you. If you can confirm that your transaction has been executed then he can't.

56 Likes 4 Shares

Re: My Encounter With A GTB Staff by free2ryhme: 1:04pm On Jun 13, 2017
Can you imagine?

he asked to come to his house about one blah blah blah blah

and you had a discussion on one blah blah blah

just like that

and your are comfortable with all this bullcrap

you need a resounding slap to reset your memory

what if you were kidnapped ??

59 Likes 3 Shares

Re: My Encounter With A GTB Staff by Untainted007: 1:04pm On Jun 13, 2017
He has no access to your money in as much the documentation of the fixed deposit is properly done. And mind you, please don't report him like others have asked you to, what will be your gain if he lost his job? He made an attempt to you and since you have said No, there wont be any need taking it further.

13 Likes

Re: My Encounter With A GTB Staff by free2ryhme: 1:04pm On Jun 13, 2017
why is it that the money dey need to do one thing or the other is never always complete

must it be your money cant he take a loan

1 Like

Re: My Encounter With A GTB Staff by interswitch: 1:05pm On Jun 13, 2017
Just ignore him.
Re: My Encounter With A GTB Staff by hardeycute(m): 1:05pm On Jun 13, 2017
Mehn I was hoping to read about a scam or PR stunt

#IAmBadBelle I agree

2 Likes

Re: My Encounter With A GTB Staff by scribble: 1:05pm On Jun 13, 2017
Not all gtbank staff
Re: My Encounter With A GTB Staff by free2ryhme: 1:05pm On Jun 13, 2017
Manson1:

if i were you i would report the guy

This is so unprofessional on all levels

2 Likes

Re: My Encounter With A GTB Staff by aieromon(m): 1:06pm On Jun 13, 2017
He does not have access to the funds without your express permission.

He could lose his job if you report this to the appropriate authority. This is very unprofessional.

2 Likes

Re: My Encounter With A GTB Staff by DSSHQ: 1:06pm On Jun 13, 2017
What he did was illegal and unprofessional. He has no right to approach you simply because he has access to your details.

2 Likes

Re: My Encounter With A GTB Staff by Oluwamuyeewa(m): 1:07pm On Jun 13, 2017
Not throwing shades or anything but I think broke people use GTB

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Encounter With A GTB Staff by chuksjuve(m): 1:07pm On Jun 13, 2017
He doesn't
Re: My Encounter With A GTB Staff by aribisala0(m): 1:07pm On Jun 13, 2017
Manson1:

how much schooling did you complete?

5 Likes

Re: My Encounter With A GTB Staff by Simeony007(m): 1:07pm On Jun 13, 2017
He has zero access to your account but but has full access in reaching you, which means he can't reach your account without you granting the access

1 Like

Re: My Encounter With A GTB Staff by Nobody: 1:08pm On Jun 13, 2017
cheesy

THE COUNTRY IS IN RECESSION!! cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy

1 Like

Re: My Encounter With A GTB Staff by Godprotectigbos(f): 1:08pm On Jun 13, 2017
gtb stupud bank
Re: My Encounter With A GTB Staff by TINALETC3(f): 1:08pm On Jun 13, 2017
I once had an ugly experience wt a GTB staff, I tink many of dem ar frauds hiding under dat bank

3 Likes

Re: My Encounter With A GTB Staff by IVORY2009(m): 1:08pm On Jun 13, 2017
If I was in ur shoes, I would take it up with the mgt of gtb, this is unprofessional of him, how can he do such a thing, and u really went to meet him @ his contact address, considering the security situation the country is currently facing..... shocked

13 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Next Cash And Carry: Goods Worth Millions Of Naira Retrieved By Abuja Residents / Banks To Close Branches As Recession Bites Hard / Who Is The Richest Man In Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.