Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,177,093 members, 7,899,911 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 July 2024 at 10:23 PM

My Encounter With A GTB Staff - Business (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / My Encounter With A GTB Staff (32556 Views)

GTB Staff Celebrate Tinuola Aigwedo / Any Gtb Staff Here Please I Need Your Help / Brief Summary Of All My Business Encounter In 2016. - I Take A Bow (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Encounter With A GTB Staff by Nobody: 3:44pm On Jun 13, 2017
stagger:
A bank staff approached me similarly in 2004. He had a massive shortage and needed to pay because he faced a sack. I took a chance and gave him the money. He saved his job and paid me back the next month. It's been 13 years since, and I have not seen him again ever since.

Would I do this again? Probably not. Tomorrow if the guy becomes president, will he remember me if he sees me? I cannot tell.

We do such things as unto God really. You should only lend money you can afford to lose.
Lend money to a stranger because it's Godly. SMH. What if he was kidnapped along the line? What if op doesn't have opportunity to share this story? Would you say you doing such act to God?

2 Likes

Re: My Encounter With A GTB Staff by Nobody: 3:45pm On Jun 13, 2017
woodcook:

I understand your stand, not just you. Have you realized that in Nigeria we are raised to be sympathetic rather than just. We don't give justice rather we dish out sympathy and compromises.

Just think about this:
Let's assume there are two guys in your area, Mr A whom contributes nothing but headache to the society and Mr B an everyday guy trying to live his life. A fight breaks out one day and Mr A happens to be at fault, if during the fight Mr A ended up killing/injured Mr B.

Mr A family will go begging for forgiveness. If Mr B family refuses, Mr A family will employ the help of pastors/Imans/Bale and the story will change into, "since what has happened as happened there is no need pressing charges. That Mr B family should forgive and forget". If Mr B family stands their ground, the new twist will be that even pastor, Imam and Bale begged them but they refused. It will be construe as a sign of wickedness and disrespect to the pastors/Imam/Bale and the perpetrator becomes the victim while the victim is being victimized all over again and the community will turn against them.

Being sympathetic and humane is good but we should be thought when to allow justice to take its course for the greater good of the society.
Exactly

2 Likes

Re: My Encounter With A GTB Staff by jossy0987: 3:57pm On Jun 13, 2017
Guitarlife:
dont answer thisguy, they will sack him if you do so.
pls report such a staff. He truly deserves to be sacked.

1 Like

Re: My Encounter With A GTB Staff by Kaybaba5(m): 4:06pm On Jun 13, 2017
He cant do anything with your money
Re: My Encounter With A GTB Staff by BookerT8: 4:18pm On Jun 13, 2017
Borrowing is easy but refunding is very very hard.Think very well before you lend him that amount

1 Like

Re: My Encounter With A GTB Staff by Elle277(f): 4:21pm On Jun 13, 2017
So unprofessional wth!...and you even went to see him? you sef..

3 Likes

Re: My Encounter With A GTB Staff by zizz(f): 4:21pm On Jun 13, 2017
He asked you to come to his house and you actually went are you in kindergerten or.......i still cant figure, what does he want to say that cant be said over d phone, its because he knows it could be traced. we have to be smart, if it cant be said over the phone then do not go simple .

1 Like

Re: My Encounter With A GTB Staff by guyla: 4:29pm On Jun 13, 2017
Manson1:
Morning nlanders I will try to make my story very brief....

I Went to make a fix deposit of about #500,000 last week at GTbank then I received a call the next day from the staff that helped me in opening the fixed deposit account that he will like to see me the next day which was on Saturday. He described his place of residence to me and I went to see him.
He told me that a friend of his that is about traveling abroad wants to sell his car that he needed about #160,000 to add to wot he has now and since I came to make a fix deposit he felt I won't be using the money now and I should pls borrow him and he would pay back in 2months time. Although I made it clear to him that I cnt do such a thing moreover u work in a bank and can easily take a loan which from there u would be paying bit by bit.
Pls my question now is does he have access to take my money without my permission??

He doesn't have access to your money, notwithstanding, that was very unprofessional of him and could earn him an automatic sack if management should hear about it
Re: My Encounter With A GTB Staff by guyla: 4:33pm On Jun 13, 2017
Guitarlife:
dont answer thisguy, they will sack him if you do so.

The sack will be so deserving of a bank staff without integrity and discipline
It is his type that bank fraud

1 Like

Re: My Encounter With A GTB Staff by ideee03(f): 4:51pm On Jun 13, 2017
You even went to his house, wehdone
Re: My Encounter With A GTB Staff by crownfitsme(f): 4:56pm On Jun 13, 2017
GTB bank is a fraud, I don't trust that bank
Re: My Encounter With A GTB Staff by bigerboy200: 5:05pm On Jun 13, 2017
IVORY2009:
If I was in ur shoes, I would take it up with the mgt of gtb, this is unprofessional of him, how can he do such a thing, and u really went to meet him @ his contact address, considering the security situation the country is currently facing..... shocked
i don't believe this jare...d op is just making up the story...
Re: My Encounter With A GTB Staff by Nobody: 5:23pm On Jun 13, 2017
[quote author=escohido1 post=57474637]@manson 1: sorry for wat happened o.I once had an encounter of such nature with Gtbank and I routed my complaint through their complaints unit and it was resolved amicably.
please send a mail to complaints@gtbank.com.I assure u DAT the issue will be resolved. Please don't write the complaints unit about this matter because doing so will cost him/her the job. Your deposit is intact. He/she has only asked you for a favour and nothing more. So use your discretion to say yes or no to his request.
Re: My Encounter With A GTB Staff by Nobody: 5:27pm On Jun 13, 2017
escohido1:
@manson 1: sorry for wat happened o.I once had an encounter of such nature with Gtbank and I routed my complaint through their complaints unit and it was resolved amicably.
please send a mail to complaints@gtbank.com.I assure u DAT the issue will be resolved.
Please don't write the complaints unit about this matter because doing so will cost him/her the job. Your deposit is intact. He/she has only asked you for a favour and nothing more. So use your discretion to say yes or no to his request.

1 Like

Re: My Encounter With A GTB Staff by darlington64: 5:33pm On Jun 13, 2017
What bad has he done he requested to borrow money from his customer what's the wrong there? Some are saying it's unprofessional as in he has no right to borrow money from his customer or what? Oga I believe you turned him down because you're not comfortable with his plight then why bringing it up here? Now that people are giving you ideas that will get the guy fired will that profit you more? Please let's try to be our brother's keep,it could be anyone that will be in need tomorrow
Re: My Encounter With A GTB Staff by ekanm: 5:54pm On Jun 13, 2017
Manson1:

I Went to make a fix deposit of about #500,000 last week at GTbank then I received a call the next day from the staff that helped me in opening the fixed deposit account that he will like to see me the next day which was on Saturday. He described his place of residence to me and I went to see him.
He told me that a friend of his that is about traveling abroad wants to sell his car that he needed about #160,000 to add to wot he has now and since I came to make a fix deposit he felt I won't be using the money now and I should pls borrow him and he would pay back in 2months time. Although I made it clear to him that I cnt do such a thing moreover u work in a bank and can easily take a loan which from there u would be paying bit by bit.
Pls my question now is does he have access to take my money without my permission??

What were his reasons for inviting you to his place
Re: My Encounter With A GTB Staff by murphyrichy(m): 5:57pm On Jun 13, 2017
Manson1:

He doesn't have access to your money. please how much is the interest rate for fixed deposits in GTB.
Re: My Encounter With A GTB Staff by Nobody: 6:03pm On Jun 13, 2017
Why did you go to his house? If he had come to your house or asked for the money on phone then I would have said you should report him but going to his house complicates it BUT report the guy... those kind of people can give info to armed robbers and kidnappers about people's account.

Manson1
Re: My Encounter With A GTB Staff by chiraqDemon(m): 6:42pm On Jun 13, 2017
Ppl talking about unprofessional behaviour shut down. For this buhari economy if u can see anything to epp yaseff there is nothing like professional behaviour. If u wan form professional na hunger go keeh u
Re: My Encounter With A GTB Staff by chiraqDemon(m): 6:46pm On Jun 13, 2017
guyla:

The sack will be so deserving of a bank staff without integrity and discipline
It is his type that bank fraud
But the guy did not steal any money from him. He just asked for help and the op had turned him down. How does he deserve to be sacked because he asked for help? I know it's unprofessional but there are things u should just close ur eyes n act like u have not seen
Re: My Encounter With A GTB Staff by LadyE12: 6:47pm On Jun 13, 2017
my brother he has oh. My anty' s acct with another bank was cleared of 800k+ by a banker she felt she trusted. no just give am chance. move your money or monitor your money.

1 Like

Re: My Encounter With A GTB Staff by eztop: 6:58pm On Jun 13, 2017
What he did was ethically wrong. A colleague once got sacked because she asked for a tip from a customer. If u don't want to change his status to "unemployed", just confirm your money is fixed and move on with your life.

1 Like

Re: My Encounter With A GTB Staff by BLACKPANTHER(m): 7:02pm On Jun 13, 2017
Manson1:

I also encountered a similar thing. This was a first bank guy...he was asking for 200k to pay 10% in 3months. That he would have not asked if loans were not blocked. Please guys be careful. Seems the recession is hitting bankers now oh...
Re: My Encounter With A GTB Staff by olaoge(m): 7:09pm On Jun 13, 2017
free2ryhme:
Can you imagine?

he asked to come to his house about one blah blah blah blah

and you had a discussion on one blah blah blah

just like that

and your are comfortable with all this bullcrap

you need a resounding slap to reset your memory

what if you were kidnapped ??

U mean kidnapped by Evans angry
Re: My Encounter With A GTB Staff by olaoge(m): 7:13pm On Jun 13, 2017
OP. Please don't allow the guy to be sacked oo, don't Coman add the guy to the lists of us wey dey unemployed o[color=#990000][/color]

Nairalanders, e jowo Mon wa ise o
Re: My Encounter With A GTB Staff by ericmor: 7:13pm On Jun 13, 2017
free2ryhme:
Can you imagine?

he asked to come to his house about one blah blah blah blah

and you had a discussion on one blah blah blah

just like that

and your are comfortable with all this bullcrap

you need a resounding slap to reset your memory

what if you were kidnapped ??

Abi o
Re: My Encounter With A GTB Staff by FromZeroToHero(m): 7:24pm On Jun 13, 2017
How much interest do you think that 500k will accrue? You just sentenced your money to prison. If you invest that amount in MMm you'll get 200k in less than 2months.
Re: My Encounter With A GTB Staff by Aladine(m): 7:24pm On Jun 13, 2017
Kindly provide full name of staff and branch.

Manson1:
Morning nlanders I will try to make my story very brief....??
Re: My Encounter With A GTB Staff by Bishop(m): 7:45pm On Jun 13, 2017
Manson1:

Alright thanks
Do you have evidence of making payments to the bank for the fixed deposits i. e you stamped payments slip with offer letter from the bank. if yes You are good to go, if your answer is no better go back to the bank
Re: My Encounter With A GTB Staff by femarse: 8:28pm On Jun 13, 2017
dapyd1:
No one has access to your money as long as you lodged it in through the correct means.

For those urging you to report him, I see it this way.

First, there is nothing bad if you want to, that is if you feel harassed.

While I'm not trying to emotionally blackmail you, please note that he may likely lose his job if you report.

What he did was professionally wrong.

But I urge you to see it as a guy to guy thing. He came to meet you to lend him money. You said No. You could leave it at that.

@OP
firstly a lot of kids are on this forum so I will advice you to discard 95% of the advice given
sometimes they don't know what men go thru to become men one way or the other , the advice quoted above is the best and most matured response u don't need any other advice
the guy did not have access to your money
what he is trying to do is convince you to liquidate the fixed deposit and burrow him the money he will probably return it
and majority of the time bank don't lend their internal staff money except the bosses and if they are to take car loan the bank will not support 2nd hand car only brand new car are allowed
now u understand what brand new car loan translate to ?
like I said the quoted advice up there is the best
Re: My Encounter With A GTB Staff by lereinter(m): 8:30pm On Jun 13, 2017
the guy has already used the money

if u want to confirm, say u want withdraw the money you will see that it will take time before u will get it

despite your balance reflecting the appropraite amount

gtbank is used to such manupilation

1 Like

Re: My Encounter With A GTB Staff by galadima77(m): 9:16pm On Jun 13, 2017
I think everything about ur transactions with the bank is supposed to be confidential and for him to have abused that privilege of accessing ur account/details is a breach of confidence to begin with... He deserves to be reported and purnished

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Next Cash And Carry: Goods Worth Millions Of Naira Retrieved By Abuja Residents / Banks To Close Branches As Recession Bites Hard / Who Is The Richest Man In Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.