Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,188,129 members, 7,933,786 topics. Date: Wednesday, 28 August 2024 at 12:35 PM

My Encounter With A GTB Staff - Business (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / My Encounter With A GTB Staff (32612 Views)

GTB Staff Celebrate Tinuola Aigwedo / Any Gtb Staff Here Please I Need Your Help / Brief Summary Of All My Business Encounter In 2016. - I Take A Bow (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Encounter With A GTB Staff by 4dor: 1:23pm On Jun 13, 2017
free2ryhme:
Can you imagine?

he asked to come to his house about one blah blah blah blah

and you had a discussion on one blah blah blah

just like that

and your are comfortable with all this bullcrap

you need a resounding slap to reset your memory

what if you were kidnapped ??

Manson1, after this man is done slapping you, I will top it up with two dirty slaps. You went to his house? For what exactly? If Kidnappers or armed robbers attack you, I won't blame them at all.

4 Likes

Re: My Encounter With A GTB Staff by jamesbridget13(f): 1:24pm On Jun 13, 2017
The thing is he hasn't fixed ur money as at Saturday u visited him. If u had agreed to borrow him or whoever, he may ask u to fill another form for the remaining money to b fixed. Since u disagreed, probably he might have done it yesterday(Monday) so my take on this, visit d bank n confirm if ur transaction has been completed?

If u report him, they ll sack him. I am 100% sure about that. It is ur choice to make. But u take risk go ein house, why not in an eatery

4 Likes

Re: My Encounter With A GTB Staff by jieta: 1:24pm On Jun 13, 2017
NwaAmaikpe:

You went to see him on Saturday in his house?

It is either you are jobless or you are gay.
na wa for you.
Re: My Encounter With A GTB Staff by agent01(m): 1:26pm On Jun 13, 2017
Manson1:
Morning nlanders I will try to make my story very brief....

I Went to make a fix deposit of about #500,000 last week at GTbank then I received a call the next day from the staff that helped me in opening the fixed deposit account that he will like to see me the next day which was on Saturday. He described his place of residence to me and I went to see him.
He told me that a friend of his that is about traveling abroad wants to sell his car that he needed about #160,000 to add to wot he has now and since I came to make a fix deposit he felt I won't be using the money now and I should pls borrow him and he would pay back in 2months time. Although I made it clear to him that I cnt do such a thing moreover u work in a bank and can easily take a loan which from there u would be paying bit by bit.
Pls my question now is does he have access to take my money without my permission??
I will like to put my money in fixed deposit account, pls can I know the interest rate you were offered.
Re: My Encounter With A GTB Staff by MERCADO(m): 1:26pm On Jun 13, 2017
Well, what he did was totally illegal,he has no right to call you in the first place, i think you should reported him to the higher authority. pls,be watachful and vigilant.

2 Likes

Re: My Encounter With A GTB Staff by Untainted007: 1:26pm On Jun 13, 2017
woodcook:

A mind set like yours is the reason our country is the way it is. Just imagine not to report him, until the guy "graduates" into conniving with armed robbers to customers. Have you imagine that you or your friends or family members or someone you know may be the victim?

Did the Op told you he was threatened or what? He called to lure him into borrowing him money and since the Op has declined and the guy involved has kept his mute. Probably looking for another source to loan money. Do you tend to consider if the said guy is sacked due to that reason, will the Op not put himself in more security threats.

2 Likes

Re: My Encounter With A GTB Staff by LEMVEG(m): 1:26pm On Jun 13, 2017
Manson1:

I Went to make a fix deposit of about #500,000 last week at GTbank then I received a call the next day from the staff that helped me in opening the fixed deposit account that he will like to see me the next day which was on Saturday. He described his place of residence to me and I went to see him.
He told me that a friend of his that is about traveling abroad wants to sell his car that he needed about #160,000 to add to wot he has now and since I came to make a fix deposit he felt I won't be using the money now and I should pls borrow him and he would pay back in 2months time. Although I made it clear to him that I cnt do such a thing moreover u work in a bank and can easily take a loan which from there u would be paying bit by bit.
Pls my question now is does he have access to take my money without my permission??
please what kind of car does he want to sell?? find out for me please ild pay cash.. u can whatsapp me on +27719916696.im only intrestred in the car sale as i deal and re sale
Re: My Encounter With A GTB Staff by agarawu23(m): 1:27pm On Jun 13, 2017
U guys still dash banks ur money for fixed deposit shocked when business full ground grin

2 Likes

Re: My Encounter With A GTB Staff by Sosqui: 1:28pm On Jun 13, 2017
Guitarlife:
dont answer thisguy, they will sack him if you do so.
They should sack him. He is not fit to work in a bank. Please send the staff details to complaints@gtbank.com.
Thank you

3 Likes

Re: My Encounter With A GTB Staff by Kashbwoyjnr: 1:29pm On Jun 13, 2017
That's how they behave, that is how one of their cashier mistakenly credited me and still went ahead to withdraw the money in my name without contacting me.. I didn't want him to lose his job if not I would have take it up legally with my lawyer he will explain how the money got into my account and how it got out.
Re: My Encounter With A GTB Staff by AlphaT1(m): 1:30pm On Jun 13, 2017
Manson1:

As long as you have the Contract Letter (evidence of fixed deposit) duly signed and stamped, you don't have to fear about your cash, it is safe!

2 Likes

Re: My Encounter With A GTB Staff by VickyRotex(f): 1:33pm On Jun 13, 2017
dapyd1:
No one has access to your money as long as you lodged it in through the correct means.

For those urging you to report him, I see it this way.

First, there is nothing bad if you want to, that is if you feel harassed.

While I'm not trying to emotionally blackmail you, please note that he may likely lose his job if you report.

What he did was professionally wrong.

But I urge you to see it as a guy to guy thing. He came to meet you to lend him money. You said No. You could leave it at that.

I kinda agree with you. But let's look at it this way. What if the Op is not the only one that this guy has spoken to?

What if he has successfully, emotionally blackmailed other customers by borrowing money from them. And he doesn't pay back, which could lead to threats from Him.
Also note that, in such case the Bank may likely not be responsible especially if there is no evidence backing the customer's claims up.
We dont know all these for sure. But that guy acted so unprofessionally. The earlier such a thing is curbed, the better.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Encounter With A GTB Staff by Dee60: 1:34pm On Jun 13, 2017
The fellow should not be a banker at all.
Re: My Encounter With A GTB Staff by stagger: 1:38pm On Jun 13, 2017
A bank staff approached me similarly in 2004. He had a massive shortage and needed to pay because he faced a sack. I took a chance and gave him the money. He saved his job and paid me back the next month. It's been 13 years since, and I have not seen him again ever since.

Would I do this again? Probably not. Tomorrow if the guy becomes president, will he remember me if he sees me? I cannot tell.

We do such things as unto God really. You should only lend money you can afford to lose.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Encounter With A GTB Staff by Nobody: 1:41pm On Jun 13, 2017
dapyd1:

Mmmh, I didn't even see it from that angle.

He was very unprofessional. Truly.

I was just trying to be sympathetic coz I know what joblessness can do to you in this recession.

GT will not take nonsense.

I understand your stand, not just you. Have you realized that in Nigeria we are raised to be sympathetic rather than just. We don't give justice rather we dish out sympathy and compromises.

Just think about this:
Let's assume there are two guys in your area, Mr A whom contributes nothing but headache to the society and Mr B an everyday guy trying to live his life. A fight breaks out one day and Mr A happens to be at fault, if during the fight Mr A ended up killing/injured Mr B.

Mr A family will go begging for forgiveness. If Mr B family refuses, Mr A family will employ the help of pastors/Imans/Bale and the story will change into, "since what has happened as happened there is no need pressing charges. That Mr B family should forgive and forget". If Mr B family stands their ground, the new twist will be that even pastor, Imam and Bale begged them but they refused. It will be construe as a sign of wickedness and disrespect to the pastors/Imam/Bale and the perpetrator becomes the victim while the victim is being victimized all over again and the community will turn against them.

Being sympathetic and humane is good but we should be thought when to allow justice to take its course for the greater good of the society.

8 Likes 3 Shares

Re: My Encounter With A GTB Staff by dapyd1(m): 1:42pm On Jun 13, 2017
woodcook:

I understand your stand, not just you. Have you realized that in Nigeria we are raised to be sympathetic rather than just. We don't give justice rather we dish out sympathy and compromises.

Just think about this:
Let's assume there are two guys in your area, Mr A whom contributes nothing but headache to the society and Mr B an everyday guy trying to live his life. A fight breaks out one day and Mr A happens to be at fault, if during the fight Mr A ended up killing/injured Mr B.

Mr A family will go begging for forgiveness. If Mr B family refuses, Mr A family will employ the help of pastors/Imans/Bale and the story will change into, "since what has happened as happened there is no need pressing charges. That Mr B family should forgive and forget". If Mr B family stands their ground, the new twist will be that even pastor, Imam and Bale begged them but they refused. It will be construe as a sign of wickedness and disrespect to the pastors/Imam/Bale and the perpetrator becomes the victim while the victim is being victimized all over again and the community will turn against them.

Being sympathetic and humane is good but we should be thought when to allow justice to take its course for the greater good of the society.

Well said

1 Like

Re: My Encounter With A GTB Staff by jomoh: 1:44pm On Jun 13, 2017
Manson1:

I once did same for a UBA staff back web I was I school. I went to deposit 25k, which was kind of much for a student back then. So she thought I was some kind of a rich guy or a scammer. She asked of she could use the money and return it later. Since I already have my deposit slip with me duely stamped, I gave her the go-ahead.

She used it without crediting my account and returned it before I could even call her.

The thing is that he must not have credited your account before using it and you must have your deposit slip duly signed and stamped. That is if you want to assist him. With this you can claim you assumed the investment had been made when you didn't get an alert and you already have your deposit slip.

If you give him a go-ahead after the money hits your account, then you are at risk of loosing your money and him being arrested for fraud. They will ask why you didn't come to report when you were alerted for withdrawal instead of investment alert.
Re: My Encounter With A GTB Staff by jashar(f): 1:44pm On Jun 13, 2017
OP, you well so?

We have too many sentimental people in this Country, that's why the Country is the way it is. What he did was utterly wrong. Like the Accountant in my office that used some money gotten from a project to pay his school fees. It's understandable baa? undecided

2 Likes

Re: My Encounter With A GTB Staff by solomonjac(m): 1:44pm On Jun 13, 2017
I will advise u @masion1 to go and confirm ur investment and be sure u money is safe...even if u don't report the guy name and identity , u can let gtb bank know what is happening and to help u track ur investment...if u send mail to dem compliant team complaints@gtbank.com n.a. the oga dem go reply Sharp sharp ...500k no small money ooo for this kin period..beta act fast
Re: My Encounter With A GTB Staff by Nobody: 1:47pm On Jun 13, 2017
Untainted007:

Did the Op told you he was threatened or what? He called to lure him into borrowing him money and since the Op has declined and the guy involved has kept his mute. Probably looking for another source to loan money. Do you tend to consider if the said guy is sacked due to that reason, will the Op not put himself in more security threats.

The op does not have to be threatened to do the right thing. It is breach of trust and professional misconduct ( grounds for sack) on the part of the staff to have lifted off the op's number and call him to ask a favor that borders on the staffs having privileged info about the ops transactions.

Yes, he may come after the op but that you don't know. You prefer the op does not report him until the day the staff gets to the level of threatening or using customer info to rob them.

What if you happened to be his victim in the nearest future, wouldn't you have preferred that the op did something in the past to stop the guy from making you his victim?

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Encounter With A GTB Staff by Naijaarchive(m): 1:50pm On Jun 13, 2017
You shouldnt take the risk of meeting people in their house next time especially when money is involved... and dont just sit asking if he has permission or not go to any other gtb branch to verify your fixed account... He seems desperate nd reporting him or not is your choice to make but its certain he will lose his job...

4 Likes

Re: My Encounter With A GTB Staff by Perfectaogwoc(m): 1:52pm On Jun 13, 2017
why is it that the money dey need to do one thing or the other is never always complete
must it be your money cant he take a loan
Yawa go Gas for your head

2 Likes

Re: My Encounter With A GTB Staff by kayzat: 1:53pm On Jun 13, 2017
Manson1:

he did not have any access to your money and can't withdraw from it.

What he did is professionally wrong but that's where they also augment there salary. What he did is to introduce you to a way you can make more value on your money but since you're not interested there is no need to get the guy sacked .

If he want to misuse your money he won't contact you at all. kindly let it pass.
Re: My Encounter With A GTB Staff by bendike: 1:53pm On Jun 13, 2017
Guitarlife:
dont answer thisguy, they will sack him if you do so.
I think if it comes to him being disciplined by the bank then so be it. The gtb guy obviously should not be working in the bank in the first place because he has showed gross professionalism. HE IS PUTTING EYE IN CUSTOMERS MONEY!
Re: My Encounter With A GTB Staff by tpapi: 1:55pm On Jun 13, 2017
free2ryhme:
Can you imagine?

he asked to come to his house about one blah blah blah blah

and you had a discussion on one blah blah blah

just like that

and your are comfortable with all this bullcrap

you need a resounding slap to reset your memory

what if you were kidnapped ??
d op even had d liver to go to d man’s house alone. If dat man was a ritualist or cultist, by now d op wud v been murdered or kidnapped
Re: My Encounter With A GTB Staff by Johnayoola(m): 1:58pm On Jun 13, 2017
terminate the agreement and move your money to another bank before u open another thread telling us story that touches
Re: My Encounter With A GTB Staff by godquality: 1:59pm On Jun 13, 2017
What's the interest rate for a fix deposit with GTB?
Re: My Encounter With A GTB Staff by serenegroup(m): 2:01pm On Jun 13, 2017
Why are some bank staffs always like this. The other day a Skye Bank staff who I always join his queue to deposit cash into my account saw that my bank balance is growing and he thought that I don't have any immediate use of the funds decided to retrieve my phone number and send text that he needed money for something that I should lend him. I initially ignored the text and later he called me, well I told him I needed the cash for a project. what baffled me was that this guy is single and supposedly well paid and looks well~heeled. the whole scenario just surprised me.

1 Like

Re: My Encounter With A GTB Staff by rchilee: 2:07pm On Jun 13, 2017
Manson1:

No he doesn't have access.
Re: My Encounter With A GTB Staff by Untainted007: 2:07pm On Jun 13, 2017
woodcook:

The op does not have to be threatened to do the right thing. It is breach of trust and professional misconduct ( grounds for sack) on the part of the staff to have lifted off the op's number and call him to ask a favor that borders on the staffs having privileged info about the ops transactions.

Yes, he may come after the op but that you don't know. You prefer the op does not report him until the day the staff gets to the level of threatening or using customer info to rob them.

What if you happened to be his victim in the nearest future, wouldn't you have preferred that the op did something in the past to stop the guy from making you his victim?

You are right Bro. Though the outcome of the guy been report is vice visa. The Op should do what seems is right to him.
Re: My Encounter With A GTB Staff by Tloc(m): 2:10pm On Jun 13, 2017
Untainted007:
He has no access to your money in as much the documentation of the fixed deposit is properly done. And mind you, please don't report him like others have asked you to, what will be your gain if he lost his job? He made an attempt to you and since you have said No, there wont be any need taking it further.
What if the bank officer hasn't forwarded the documents for clearance, being the one in charge of them. People should learn to be less guillible.
Re: My Encounter With A GTB Staff by sammyjay7265(m): 2:11pm On Jun 13, 2017
oga calm down now...he needed help and he asked for it...its not a bad thing that he asked...please dont let that man loss his job because he solicited for help..if you were in that situation you might do same
solomonjac:
Oga u want to fall victim lol....U beta report to the bank to get the guy refund ur money...
Chat gtb mail thru enquiry@gtbank.com or complaints@gtbank.com make them help u out else u go enter 1chance.....banker indeed

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Next Cash And Carry: Goods Worth Millions Of Naira Retrieved By Abuja Residents / CBN To Introduce N5,000 Note / Photos: GUO Transport Company Loses 7 Luxury Buses To Inferno In Onitsha

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 79
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.