Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,188,129 members, 7,933,786 topics. Date: Wednesday, 28 August 2024 at 12:35 PM

My Encounter With A GTB Staff - Business (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / My Encounter With A GTB Staff (32612 Views)

GTB Staff Celebrate Tinuola Aigwedo / Any Gtb Staff Here Please I Need Your Help / Brief Summary Of All My Business Encounter In 2016. - I Take A Bow (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Encounter With A GTB Staff by ivolt: 2:12pm On Jun 13, 2017
@Manson1
You took unnecessary security risk going to see him.
Many bad things could have happened but
you were lucky.

If you checked your account and the amount you deposited reflected,
then you can let your mind be at peace as he has no access to your account.
Re: My Encounter With A GTB Staff by boykas(m): 2:13pm On Jun 13, 2017
All ds people that said u should report him maybe Gtbank boss, they want to know the branch so that they can sack him. And if they do what will be ur gain.,the staff don't have access to your account so there's no need to report him. Pls the country is hard right now don't make him to start all over again

Biko

3 Likes

Re: My Encounter With A GTB Staff by blackylola(m): 2:15pm On Jun 13, 2017
Guitarlife:
dont answer thisguy, they will sack him if you do so.
perhaps the banker didn't touch d money in d account
Re: My Encounter With A GTB Staff by ifyain: 2:16pm On Jun 13, 2017
IVORY2009:
If I was in ur shoes, I would take it up with the mgt of gtb, this is unprofessional of him, how can he do such a thing, and u really went to meet him @ his contact address, considering the security situation the country is currently facing..... shocked
Technically it will be difficult to prove it, because you met him in his house, unless you recorded the conversation.
Re: My Encounter With A GTB Staff by RaptorX: 2:28pm On Jun 13, 2017
OgbeniSir:

OP abeg where you see 500k from? Show me the way naa abeg. I no go even fix deposit am. Na to go buy bags of onions Sharp sharp for kebbi state come sell for Lagos
Show you the way because he his your father.
Re: My Encounter With A GTB Staff by Perfectaogwoc(m): 2:30pm On Jun 13, 2017
why is it that the money dey need to do one thing or the other is never always complete...
must it be your money cant he take a loan
Yawa go Gas for your head...and the guy go outsmart you..e don buy your heart the day we you go visit am....
to avoid story that touch...
Re: My Encounter With A GTB Staff by tete7000(m): 2:34pm On Jun 13, 2017
Manson1:
Morning nlanders I will try to make my story very brief....

What you did was risky. Imagine the guy didnt complete your transaction and has just called you out to eliminate you so that he can finally forfeit your money and you just offered him the chance to do that.
I don't know how possible that scenario painted is but whatever don't go for such a meeting next time. We live in a dangerous world. Safety should be our keyword. Let official matter be done within the confines of official environment. Finally, I will advise you approach the bank to confirm your transaction has been done. To report the guy or not subsequently is within your prerogative to decide. Do what you think your conscience tell you is good.
Re: My Encounter With A GTB Staff by abels(m): 2:34pm On Jun 13, 2017
No na, dat is y he came to ask fr ur permission.
Re: My Encounter With A GTB Staff by abels(m): 2:35pm On Jun 13, 2017
solomonjac:
Oga u want to fall victim lol....U beta report to the bank to get the guy refund ur money...
Chat gtb mail thru enquiry@gtbank.com or complaints@gtbank.com make them help u out else u go enter 1chance.....banker indeed
.. U b mumu u,
Re: My Encounter With A GTB Staff by abels(m): 2:37pm On Jun 13, 2017
escohido1:
@manson 1: sorry for wat happened o.I once had an encounter of such nature with Gtbank and I routed my complaint through their complaints unit and it was resolved amicably.
please send a mail to complaints@gtbank.com.I assure u DAT the issue will be resolved.
.. My guy dat is nt gtb issue na, it was a personal tins dats y d banker invited him to d houx
Re: My Encounter With A GTB Staff by Nobody: 2:38pm On Jun 13, 2017
plz plz plz. do not give him at all. simple
Re: My Encounter With A GTB Staff by abels(m): 2:39pm On Jun 13, 2017
dapyd1:
No one has access to your money as long as you lodged it in through the correct means.

For those urging you to report him, I see it this way.

First, there is nothing bad if you want to, that is if you feel harassed.

While I'm not trying to emotionally blackmail you, please note that he may likely lose his job if you report.

What he did was professionally wrong.

But I urge you to see it as a guy to guy thing. He came to meet you to lend him money. You said No. You could leave it at that.

.. Tell him o, so they dnt sack sombdy in tis recession
Re: My Encounter With A GTB Staff by Organs(m): 2:40pm On Jun 13, 2017
Guitarlife:

That is why we are corrupt in Nigeria, people will do things as bad as this and you will say do not report him no wonder IBB annulled election and threw naija into a mess yet he is sitting at home not in jail, this is so wrong, how can a staff of a bank try to borrow money from you based on the fact that he is privy to your deposit? He should be reported and sacked. So others will learn.

2 Likes

Re: My Encounter With A GTB Staff by abels(m): 2:41pm On Jun 13, 2017
woodcook:
In fact reading this story makes me boil inside. We Nigerians most times take things for granted. How can a bank staff lift a customer number ( that is very unprofessional and can lead to termination), went ahead to call the customer on same number to arrange for personal transaction.

@op this is so wrong at many levels seriously. These are the type of bank staff that connive with armed robbers to rob customers. If I were you his boss will hear about it.

What are they teaching these guys in training school/during induction? Where on earth does shit like this happen if not in Nigeria?

To answer your question, he does not. But if I may ask are you sure that your transaction has been executed? Because the way the guy sounded and behaved, if he is the one responsible he may not have executed your transaction maybe in the hope of convincing you. If you can confirm that your transaction has been executed then he can't.

. Calm down, was jus a guy to guy tin, i dnt tnk d banker met any harm
Re: My Encounter With A GTB Staff by solelymade: 2:41pm On Jun 13, 2017
I cannot understand people nowadays, someone you barely know, want to borrow from you and the place to discuss was his house. You drove down there or bike to the place, all to discuss your own money for hire. You must be so nice

I bet if d guy carry your money sef, na jus look u go dey look am

3 Likes

Re: My Encounter With A GTB Staff by Organs(m): 2:43pm On Jun 13, 2017
boykas:
All ds people that said u should report him maybe Gtbank boss, they want to know the branch so that they can sack him. And if they do what will be ur gain.,the staff don't have access to your account so there's no need to report him. Pls the country is hard right now don't make him to start all over again

Biko

The country is corrupt because we use sentiments. This guy should not be working in the bank, he should be sacked period.
Re: My Encounter With A GTB Staff by Nobody: 2:47pm On Jun 13, 2017
Manson1:
Morning nlanders I will try to make my story very brief....

I Went to make a fix deposit of about #500,000 last week at GTbank then I received a call the next day from the staff that helped me in opening the fixed deposit account that he will like to see me the next day which was on Saturday. He described his place of residence to me and I went to see him.
He told me that a friend of his that is about traveling abroad wants to sell his car that he needed about #160,000 to add to wot he has now and since I came to make a fix deposit he felt I won't be using the money now and I should pls borrow him and he would pay back in 2months time. Although I made it clear to him that I cnt do such a thing moreover u work in a bank and can easily take a loan which from there u would be paying bit by bit.
Pls my question now is does he have access to take my money without my permission??
No
Re: My Encounter With A GTB Staff by mgbedianya(m): 2:47pm On Jun 13, 2017
No body saw the business angle to this request! Op , will the loan come with interest? were there any securities/Collaterals discussed? The only mistake here was visiting him. It should have been the order way round..
Re: My Encounter With A GTB Staff by jfleece(m): 2:49pm On Jun 13, 2017
Which kind see finish that one?

1 Like

Re: My Encounter With A GTB Staff by DEBJOCH1(m): 2:55pm On Jun 13, 2017
That's a sackable offence, most bankers don't even give a dam now if they may be sacked or not, from the look of things, the guy is a contract staff, if you give him that money and you leta came back to demand for your money, and when the management get to know a by out it, they will sack him and as a person will be at the kissing end, the bank may advise you to go and settle your case with him. So don't. unless you feel that you are cool about giving him.
Re: My Encounter With A GTB Staff by Yinkagbo(m): 3:00pm On Jun 13, 2017
TINALETC3:
I once had an ugly experience wt a GTB staff, I tink many of dem ar frauds hiding under dat bank

Yes you are right, had an experience with one, he noticed that I have been coming to deposit money very well and cash out too,he became friends with me,thru that he gave one stupid format that I should borrow him money,because of this I decided not to go to the branch again, a month after I decided to make use of the bank and lo and behold the guy is not working with the bank again and I was told by his colleagues that he is no more working with them. We were friends for good 5months and he didn't even tell me of his plan to quit the job...had it been I gave him the money that's how he was run away with with... Since den I no dey look uche face for bank oooooooo. Also the way thr securities tax person na die..
Re: My Encounter With A GTB Staff by Samcent: 3:07pm On Jun 13, 2017
Op, u get mind o... A complete stranger called you to his house, and you went, and money, a whole 500k is involved! I take God beg U, no take that kind risk again. We have heard enough stories that touch.

2 Likes

Re: My Encounter With A GTB Staff by Untainted007: 3:10pm On Jun 13, 2017
Tloc:

What if the bank officer hasn't forwarded the documents for clearance, being the one in charge of them. People should learn to be less guillible.

Haaaa that one calls for proper follow up from the up about his money.
Re: My Encounter With A GTB Staff by toocoded: 3:20pm On Jun 13, 2017
Guitarlife:
Why won't he channel his complaint appropriately? Or R u the guy in question?
Re: My Encounter With A GTB Staff by Nobody: 3:22pm On Jun 13, 2017
Guitarlife:
he better be sacked o, cause peoples money ain't safe under him, how can he steal a customers phone number, call the customer to a location off the bank premises, make such a request, he has no right, is banking a money doubling scheme.

the ethics alone he showed shows against banking ethics and policy, why would yhu b eyeing a customers money, if his not reported, he would do it to another gullible person, who knows what the end story might be then.

this is what happens when banking job is given to people who ain't supposed to have it.

2 Likes

Re: My Encounter With A GTB Staff by toocoded: 3:25pm On Jun 13, 2017
boykas:

Biko
Biko kor Bako ni!!! charity begins from home
Re: My Encounter With A GTB Staff by DunceNLMods: 3:26pm On Jun 13, 2017
woodcook:
In fact reading this story makes me boil inside. We Nigerians most times take things for granted. How can a bank staff lift a customer number ( that is very unprofessional and can lead to termination), went ahead to call the customer on same number to arrange for personal transaction.

@op this is so wrong at many levels seriously. These are the type of bank staff that connive with armed robbers to rob customers. If I were you his boss will hear about it.

What are they teaching these guys in training school/during induction? Where on earth does shit like this happen if not in Nigeria?

To answer your question, he does not. But if I may ask are you sure that your transaction has been executed? Because the way the guy sounded and behaved, if he is the one responsible he may not have executed your transaction maybe in the hope of convincing you. If you can confirm that your transaction has been executed then he can't.

Desperate times call for desperate measures.
Re: My Encounter With A GTB Staff by madjune(m): 3:26pm On Jun 13, 2017
This is why I don't feel comfortable putting all my money in Nigerian banks.

Smh.

1 Like

Re: My Encounter With A GTB Staff by ennytcathy(f): 3:27pm On Jun 13, 2017
pls don't report him,if u do it mit lead to lossin his job,just make sure ur money is safe as per the fixdeposit acct
Re: My Encounter With A GTB Staff by Nobody: 3:38pm On Jun 13, 2017
Untainted007:

Did the Op told you he was threatened or what? He called to lure him into borrowing him money and since the Op has declined and the guy involved has kept his mute. Probably looking for another source to loan money. Do you tend to consider if the said guy is sacked due to that reason, will the Op not put himself in more security threats.
What security threat? Because he had the intention to report a thief
Re: My Encounter With A GTB Staff by 0ntruth: 3:39pm On Jun 13, 2017
Op make sure the money is in your account already if it is then kindle forgive him and forget about the reporting stuff.
Re: My Encounter With A GTB Staff by penzino(m): 3:42pm On Jun 13, 2017
solomonjac:
Oga u want to fall victim lol....U beta report to the bank to get the guy refund ur money...
Chat gtb mail thru enquiry@gtbank.com or complaints@gtbank.com make them help u out else u go enter 1chance.....banker indeed
u don sack the guy be that o

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Next Cash And Carry: Goods Worth Millions Of Naira Retrieved By Abuja Residents / CBN To Introduce N5,000 Note / Photos: GUO Transport Company Loses 7 Luxury Buses To Inferno In Onitsha

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.