Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,189,329 members, 7,937,006 topics. Date: Sunday, 01 September 2024 at 10:12 AM

Messi Responds To Mbappé's Claim About Euros Vs World Cup - Sports (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Messi Responds To Mbappé's Claim About Euros Vs World Cup (27727 Views)

Ronaldo's Response To Pascal Ferré's Claim About Ballon D'or & Messi / What Pogba Did To Mbappé, Kimpembe And Neymar After The Defeat In The League / "I Don't Need Any Change" - Lionel Messi Responds To Cristiano Ronaldo Offer (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Messi Responds To Mbappé's Claim About Euros Vs World Cup by sunshineV(f): 7:22pm On Jun 13
abba190:
as useless as Nigeria is if it compete in copa america it will always come third after brazil and argentine if to say it did not even win the cup. but if Nigeria is to compete in euro it will not qualify from the group stage. the total football is in europe no where else. why didnt messi stayed at argentina and play primera A. ? hhah
ode nie.... Nigeria wey no fit beat benin? Nigeria no go kill San Marino for Europe? Latvia fit beat Nigeria? u mumu no be small

4 Likes

Re: Messi Responds To Mbappé's Claim About Euros Vs World Cup by Numerouno94(m): 7:29pm On Jun 13
abba190:
mbappe is already a world champion shame on u this old man messi
So Messi is not a world champion? If not pure sentiment who campares the World Cup to the Euros.

2 Likes

Re: Messi Responds To Mbappé's Claim About Euros Vs World Cup by Teeklef(m): 7:30pm On Jun 13
sunshineV:
ode nie.... Nigeria wey no fit beat benin? Nigeria no go kill San Marino for Europe? Latvia fit beat Nigeria? u mumu no be small
E get some country you go hear for that Europe wey be say dem no suppose dey play football. Which one be Liechtenstein,Andorra,San marino,Faroe,Gibraltar abi na gabriel😂

2 Likes

Re: Messi Responds To Mbappé's Claim About Euros Vs World Cup by sunshineV(f): 7:32pm On Jun 13
Teeklef:

E get some country you go hear for that Europe wey be say dem no suppose dey play football. Which one be Liechtenstein,Andorra,San marino,Faroe,Gibraltar abi na gabriel😂
I swear all these countries wey u mention no dey score goal ooo. na 5,6,7 upward Dem dey pipe Dem o...he dey yarn nonsense about America football. make Andorra jam Venezuela fess😂😂

2 Likes

Re: Messi Responds To Mbappé's Claim About Euros Vs World Cup by OriOko88(m): 7:37pm On Jun 13
sunshineV:
San Marino in copa america? ori e ti gbale.....how many European countries get world cup reach Argentina and Brazil? una dey dere dey pump Lithuania and Luxembourg 7_0 dey happy day na tough competition. face Chile or Mexico and see film trick
In as much u have some points,but south Americans don't play qualifiers for copa America like europeans do. And mind u the Luxembourg u mentioned is not a minnow anymore. Go check wat they played in qualifier.
Re: Messi Responds To Mbappé's Claim About Euros Vs World Cup by Frankaka8(m): 7:44pm On Jun 13
Pootle:
what is this midget saying again. copa america was repeated and fixed for him to win and he keeps spitting rubbish
I pray you heal
Re: Messi Responds To Mbappé's Claim About Euros Vs World Cup by Monday60655(m): 7:45pm On Jun 13
Messi the GOAT is 100% right.
How can you say EURO is tougher than world cup? Are you high!
Re: Messi Responds To Mbappé's Claim About Euros Vs World Cup by MrBrownJay1(m): 7:47pm On Jun 13
although it is difficult to say which tournament is more difficult (no be the almighty Brasil that hasnt been able to go past the quarters in the last 2 world cups?).... someone should remind Messi that the most world cup winners are from EUROPEAN COUNTRIES... Europe won 12 world cups altogether while south America only won 10, so Mbappe may have a point there.
Re: Messi Responds To Mbappé's Claim About Euros Vs World Cup by Emu4life(m): 7:48pm On Jun 13
Haydens:
In the last world cup Mbape made Messi look like lizard.

He dismantled the Argentine even though he went the world cup with an average team, if France team were complete it would have been the most disgraced world cup ever.

Mbape's verdict on the euro was right, world cup was not that important because he disgraced Messi and the entire Argentina team.

Let him win this year's euro and next season's UCL so that balloon d'Or will be his.

Last World cup final very irrelevant and mbape single-handedly made is so.

Tears of a Penaldian.

Coming Soon...................

1 Like

Re: Messi Responds To Mbappé's Claim About Euros Vs World Cup by Emu4life(m): 7:49pm On Jun 13
MrBrownJay1:
although it is difficult to say which tournament is more difficult (no be the almighty Brasil that hasnt been able to go past the quarters in the last 2 world cups?).... someone should remind Messi that the most world cup winners are from EUROPEAN COUNTRIES... Europe won 12 world cups altogether while south America only won 10, so Mbappe may have a point there.

Europe have 55 Countries.
South America have 10 Countries.

Ever heard of Percentage?

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Messi Responds To Mbappé's Claim About Euros Vs World Cup by Yemaya: 7:54pm On Jun 13
As expected
It’s the Messi slave zombie

1 Like

Re: Messi Responds To Mbappé's Claim About Euros Vs World Cup by Pootle: 7:55pm On Jun 13
Frankaka8:

I pray you heal

i hate fraud and anyone that support it
Re: Messi Responds To Mbappé's Claim About Euros Vs World Cup by Wildkat02: 7:57pm On Jun 13
kayswag100:

Mbappe has not won Euros oga!

IMO, Coppa America is even tougher than the Euros. Nobody dey fear anybody there and there are hardly smaller teams.

Unlike stat padding done in Euros where Portugal can face A SMALL TEAM and thump them 5-0.

My opinion oooo

If you can say the COPA America is tougher than the Euros then u must be high on pig shit. Is it the same COPA that only teams like Argentina, Chile and Brazil always win? The same COPA where there’s no qualifiers played. Sick dude

1 Like

Re: Messi Responds To Mbappé's Claim About Euros Vs World Cup by ponishah: 7:58pm On Jun 13
Almiron:
na that hunger go kee your papa

I know say your papa dey eat poo now, his kolo dey touch you bad
Re: Messi Responds To Mbappé's Claim About Euros Vs World Cup by MrBrownJay1(m): 7:59pm On Jun 13
Emu4life:

Europe have 55 Countries.
South America have 10 Countries.
Ever heard of Percentage?

let us not fool ourselves... whether 55 or even 100 countries... we all know who the major football nations on earth are. thus why Messi didnt mention Peru nor Venezuela, but instead solely mentioned Brazil and Uruguay. same as no sane football pundit will mention San Marino/Andorra or Monaco when talking about European football (even though they are part of Europe)
Re: Messi Responds To Mbappé's Claim About Euros Vs World Cup by Teeklef(m): 8:02pm On Jun 13
sunshineV:
I swear all these countries wey u mention no dey score goal ooo. na 5,6,7 upward Dem dey pipe Dem o...he dey yarn nonsense about America football. make Andorra jam Venezuela fess😂😂
No be lie jare. Venezuela that Italy find it difficult to defeat. It was a narrow win for Italy then. 1 vs 2.
Re: Messi Responds To Mbappé's Claim About Euros Vs World Cup by sleeknaija(m): 8:16pm On Jun 13
Haydens:
In the last world cup Mbape made Messi look like lizard.

He dismantled the Argentine even though he went the world cup with an average team, if France team were complete it would have been the most disgraced world cup ever.

Mbape's verdict on the euro was right, world cup was not that important because he disgraced Messi and the entire Argentina team.

Let him win this year's euro and next season's UCL so that balloon d'Or will be his.

Last World cup final very irrelevant and mbape single-handedly made is so.

Story for the gods. Which country later won the world Cup?

Una go just dey do analysis like person wey no go school. Mtchewww

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Messi Responds To Mbappé's Claim About Euros Vs World Cup by Emu4life(m): 8:18pm On Jun 13
MrBrownJay1:

let us not fool ourselves... whether 55 or even 100 countries... we all know who the major football nations on earth are. thus why Messi didnt mention Peru nor Venezuela, but instead solely mentioned Brazil and Uruguay. same as no sane football pundit will mention San Marino/Andorra or Monaco when talking about European football (even though they are part of Europe)

Bros! Football dey South America but Europe has Money.
You need to watch Argentina, Brazil, Colombian, Uruguay etc Local Leagues.
No hype, just football with passion

2 Likes

Re: Messi Responds To Mbappé's Claim About Euros Vs World Cup by NonsenseRubbish: 8:35pm On Jun 13
Mbappe is right in my opinion. Euros is tougher. Because they are competing with World Cup regular contenders.
The so called two time winner Uruguay last won the cup 40years old, when last did Brazil win it, before Messi won World Cup when last did Argentina win it So that basis doesn’t count at all!!! Euros is tougher than Copa America by far !! Messi should rest.
No bragging it’s just facts
Re: Messi Responds To Mbappé's Claim About Euros Vs World Cup by Almiron: 8:40pm On Jun 13
aylive02:
. Almiron, I dey always gbádùn you for these Messi posts
I greet my broda

1 Like

Re: Messi Responds To Mbappé's Claim About Euros Vs World Cup by Almiron: 8:41pm On Jun 13
NonsenseRubbish:
Mbappe is right in my opinion. Euros is tougher. Because they are competing with World Cup regular contenders.
The so called two time winner Uruguay last won the cup 40years old, when last did Brazil win it, before Messi won World Cup when last did Argentina win it So that basis doesn’t count at all!!! Euros is tougher than Copa America by far !! Messi should rest.
you no go cry keh!!! Greece won the Euros, the first time Messi played against Penado's favorite team Estona, he scored 5 goals in that match
Your tears sweet I need more

4 Likes

Re: Messi Responds To Mbappé's Claim About Euros Vs World Cup by donmik: 8:43pm On Jun 13
sunshineV:
you qualify against Luxembourg, Lithuania and San Marino etc.... these are countries where u can score up to 8 or even 9 goals against them and they won't reoly with a single goal. it's that's terrible and you call that kind of competition the best? it's a joke to be honest. The world cup is the best competition where all the champions play. MESSI IS ALWAYS RIGHT

Messi is full of wisdom, respect for others and humility as well.

Why won't he always make it to be favourite
Re: Messi Responds To Mbappé's Claim About Euros Vs World Cup by Almiron: 8:43pm On Jun 13
NonsenseRubbish:
you no go cry keh!!! Greece won the Euros, they have only 3 world cup appearance in their history. The first time Messi played against Penado's favorite team Estonia, he scored 5 goals in that match

1 Like

Re: Messi Responds To Mbappé's Claim About Euros Vs World Cup by MrBrownJay1(m): 8:47pm On Jun 13
Emu4life:
Bros! Football dey South America but Europe has Money.
You need to watch Argentina, Brazil, Colombian, Uruguay etc Local Leagues.
No hype, just football with passion

i know fully well about the football passion in South America, i live there... but, when it comes to WORLD CUP POTENTIAL, passion is irrelevant. you can put all the 10 south American teams in the world cup finals and it will always end up with either Argentina or Brazil. no other South American team has the potential to defeat the mighty European teams... thus why, if you look at the last 10 world cups, even though the majority of winners were EUROPEANS TEAMS, its the same 2 South American teams that won 4 world cups out of the last 10

1 Like

Re: Messi Responds To Mbappé's Claim About Euros Vs World Cup by NonsenseRubbish: 8:55pm On Jun 13
Almiron:
you no go cry keh!!! Greece won the Euros, the first time Messi played against Penado's favorite team Estona, he scored 5 goals in that match
Mugu wetin bring match with Estonia into this convo now ??
I simply said euros is a tougher tournament because they play against World Cup regular contenders. Comprende??
Why will euros not be tougher with the likes of Croatia, Portugal, France, Germany, Italy, England, Belgium, Spain, Denmark, Netherlands, Switzerland, etc.
Copa america has only 3 or 4 contenders.
Also that yarn that Copa America has Uruguay, Brazil and Uruguay who are World Cup winners na dust. When last did Uruguay or Brazil win it ?? Copa America no follow joor
I’m very sure you follow euros tournament more than Copa America .
The World Cup is just a bigger tournament because it’s worldwide and it’s brings countries together
Re: Messi Responds To Mbappé's Claim About Euros Vs World Cup by NonsenseRubbish: 8:59pm On Jun 13
MrBrownJay1:

i know fully well about the football passion in South America, i live there... but, when it comes to WORLD CUP POTENTIAL, passion is irrelevant. you can put all the 10 south American teams in the world cup finals and it will always end up with either Argentina or Brazil. no other South American team has the potential to defeat the mighty European teams... thus why, if you look at the last 10 world cups, even though the majority of winners were EUROPEANS TEAMS, its the same 2 South American teams that won 4 world cups out of the last 10
Finally someone that understands. But Messi fans don’t want to see it this way.
Euros is tougher because they play against regular World Cup contenders. The likes of Croatia, Portugal, France, Germany, Italy, England, Belgium, Spain, Denmark, Netherlands, Switzerland, etc. why will it not be tougher
There is no way Brazil or Argentina will not qualify for Copa America but because of how tough and competitive it is to go to euros, they were tournaments that teams like Italy and Sweden that had ibrahimovic and Larsen,did not qualify. Can you believe that?!!
Re: Messi Responds To Mbappé's Claim About Euros Vs World Cup by MrBrownJay1(m): 9:09pm On Jun 13
NonsenseRubbish:

Finally someone that understands. But Messi fans don’t want to see it this way.
Euros is tougher because they play against regular World Cup contenders. The likes of Croatia, Portugal, France, Germany, Italy, England, Belgium, Spain, Denmark, Netherlands, Switzerland, etc. why will it not be tougher

EXACTLY!!!! if south American teams were so great, then so many more would have won the WC by then. take away Brazil and Argentina, the last time another South American team won the world cup was 70 fucking years ago.
Re: Messi Responds To Mbappé's Claim About Euros Vs World Cup by AImiron: 9:14pm On Jun 13
NonsenseRubbish:

Mugu wetin bring match with Estonia into this convo now ??
I simply said euros is a tougher tournament because they play against World Cup regular contenders. Comprende??
Why will euros not be tougher with the likes of Croatia, Portugal, France, Germany, Italy, England, Belgium, Spain, Denmark, Netherlands, Switzerland, etc.
Copa america has only 3 or 4 contenders.
Also that yarn that Copa America has Uruguay, Brazil and Uruguay who are World Cup winners na dust. When last did Uruguay or Brazil win it ?? Copa America no follow joor
I’m very sure you follow euros tournament more than Copa America .
The World Cup is just a bigger tournament because it’s worldwide and it’s brings countries together
Baba e ni mugu, Ogun pa e danu cry harder mf

1 Like

Re: Messi Responds To Mbappé's Claim About Euros Vs World Cup by Peacecore: 9:19pm On Jun 13
Gkay1:
Indirectly, Messi is telling mbappe that, Argentina is still the world best country.
So any competition without Argentina, the competition is incomplete.

I'M FOREVER MESSI FAN
I join u to reaffirm to loyalty footballically to d GOAT.

Mbappe is a sore loser n he'll lose again.

2 Likes

Re: Messi Responds To Mbappé's Claim About Euros Vs World Cup by AImiron: 9:19pm On Jun 13
MrBrownJay1:

EXACTLY!!!! if south American teams were so great, then so many more would have won the WC by then. take away Brazil and Argentina, the last time another South American team won the world cup was 70 fucking years ago.
The competition for the World Cup title will be as enjoyable as ever since the rivalry between South American and European teams will persist even as football changes and new competitors appear.

Historically, in the Europe Vs South America World Cup Wins saga, SOUTH AMERICAN teams have fared better than their European counterparts at the FIFA World Cup.

Zero football knowledge.

How old are you lil boy?

2 Likes

Re: Messi Responds To Mbappé's Claim About Euros Vs World Cup by Popesuccess(m): 9:20pm On Jun 13
saintbillion:
Ronaldo is the real G.O.A.T
I didn't see where Ronaldo's name or GOAT was mentioned in the post. You people cannot get over the fact that messi won the world cup
Re: Messi Responds To Mbappé's Claim About Euros Vs World Cup by Peacecore: 9:22pm On Jun 13
naijapips04:
Mbappe has won both so we knows.
I nor really know whether some una dey get sense or una no fit read. Dem state am clear say France never win for d last 24yrs now n u dey talk say d mumu boy don win both.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Super Eagles Most Talented Team I’ve Ever Coached – Peseiro / UEL Last 32 Draw Results: Real Sociedad Vs Man Utd, Benfica Vs Arsenal / Onazi Ogenyi And Sandra Honeymoon In Dubai

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.