Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,186,684 members, 7,930,357 topics. Date: Saturday, 24 August 2024 at 04:15 PM

Dating In Nigeria Vs The UK: The Harsh Reality Explained - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Dating In Nigeria Vs The UK: The Harsh Reality Explained (27613 Views)

This Single Picture Shows The Harsh But Sad Reality Of Life (photo) / What's The Difference Between Dating In Your 20s And 30s? / Please Help. Is The Condition I Gave My Girlfriend Too Harsh? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Dating In Nigeria Vs The UK: The Harsh Reality Explained by uche87(m): 9:35pm On Jun 13
Naija Dating:

Dating in Nigeria is pretty much straightforward. If you are having any serious issues dating in Nigeria, your pocket might easily be the root cause of your challenge. Nigerian women will always give you a leeway/soft-landing if you have the financial strength. For example, most women don't find short men desirable, but as long as his bank account makes sense, he is seen as tall. If the woman sees the mere flashes of money in any form, you stand a good chance of being her man. I also understand that a small percentage of Nigerian women might be an aberration to the norm.

On the contrary, the majority of them are the same. Get a good apartment, nice clothes, look clean/good, acquire a nice car, switch up your interpersonal skills, buy a trending mobile phone brand and watch wonders happen. A senior nurse I know in the UK reportedly nailed several Nigerian ladies to the cross courtesy of his exotic Mercedes Benz car. These women erroneously believed he was rich not knowing he acquired the ride via a gradual payment plan known as 'car finance'.

In Nigeria, every man is like a superstar as long as you have a few coins to spare. The dating market is also oversaturated. It is crowded with males of different ages. Youths, bachelors, married men, grannies and all sorts of people are players and the woman is the prize. The men keep dangling different sizes of carrots to attract the women even when she is married. Some women are freelancers offering pleasure services to various establishments. This is why paternity fraud is prevalent in Nigeria.

UK dating:

The UK dating pool is more complicated than the current minimum wage debate in Nigeria. Although money plays a role in this terrain, the kind of money you need to make an impression is huge. You need the funds of a first-class/global entrepreneur or that of an established sportsman like the EPL footballers or Anthony Joshua, to have a massive impact. A Hushpuppi-like figure might also pull the strings. This is because most of the women are very comfortable to a large extent. They are not at the mercy of a physically -staggering leader like Tinubu.

Petty demands like a new phone, car gift, clothes, house rent payment, food, pocket money and others are against the run of play. Such demands are mostly peculiar to ladies who are newly from Africa, the headquarters of 'billing'. If a woman is attracted to you, and admires your profile or oratory skills, she might offer you the forbidden fruit like the biblical snake. The major limitation here is the skin colour and other ethnic considerations. People from other cultural backgrounds hardly mix. They only relate with one another on a professional level at work. There is a significant problem of distrust amongst people over here. While the wealthy men gallivant around in Nigeria, the ones in the UK live in fear of being taken advantage of by a hustling woman. One allegation of sexual abuse could make your seeming opulence evaporate.

The advantage here is that sex could be cheaply offered due to the pressure of the cold weather and loneliness. You might do anything with the body but never own the heart.

Osahon George Osayimwen is a UK-based Nigerian journalist

56 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Dating In Nigeria Vs The UK: The Harsh Reality Explained by budaatum: 9:58pm On Jun 13
The major limitation here is the skin colour and other ethnic considerations. People from other cultural backgrounds hardly mix.

What absolute togwash! Like mixed race is not a thing in UK.

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/home-news/how-many-black-men-have-white-partners-1307094.html

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Dating In Nigeria Vs The UK: The Harsh Reality Explained by Spagi(m): 10:13pm On Jun 13
Even if u have money dating na scam unless u are lucky or grace of god, we get no more time. puff puff pass

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: Dating In Nigeria Vs The UK: The Harsh Reality Explained by goran3310(m): 10:18pm On Jun 13
What is the point of this thread? What should we write about here? Almost every topic revolves around money and women chasing men's money. Boring. Women are shit. It's a fact. What to do.

33 Likes 1 Share

Re: Dating In Nigeria Vs The UK: The Harsh Reality Explained by meobizy(f): 11:00pm On Jun 13
The advantage here is that sex could be cheaply offered due to the pressure of the cold weather and loneliness.
This is true. The cold that way dials reproductive hormones up to eleven.

Money works everywhere. In developed nations, there are still people who live below the average standard. Dangle a little cash and you’ll have them. Most white boys I rolled with could have drunk one-night stands in nightclubs. What they yearned for the most was a loving girlfriend.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Dating In Nigeria Vs The UK: The Harsh Reality Explained by eazzzy1(m): 1:03am On Jun 14
I’m sure dating isn’t difficult for the locals in the UK. For a Nigerian in Nigeria, you meet people everywhere. A place you grew up in, you meet more people through the people you already know.

For people living abroad, what’s the countries population? How many people do you know? How many of them are single? How many of the single ones like you? How many do you like of the ones that like you? when you do the addition and subtraction, you have two girls to choose from. You have a dating pool in naija, you have a dating bath tub abroad.

Comparing both is like comparing shopping at ikotun vs shopping at eko/idumota. You get access to variety at a cheaper price at eko.

35 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Dating In Nigeria Vs The UK: The Harsh Reality Explained by obinna58(m): 2:54am On Jun 14
goran3310:
What is the point of this thread? What should we write about here? Almost every topic revolves around money and women chasing men's money. Boring. Women are shit. It's a fact. What to do.
Are you stuck in romance section? what other topic topics were you expecting

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Dating In Nigeria Vs The UK: The Harsh Reality Explained by NSNO(m): 6:30am On Jun 14
obinna58:

Don't mind the yeye man

4 Likes

Re: Dating In Nigeria Vs The UK: The Harsh Reality Explained by Nairalander248: 8:11am On Jun 14
budaatum:

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/home-news/how-many-black-men-have-white-partners-1307094.html

See the year you quoted grin

4 Likes

Re: Dating In Nigeria Vs The UK: The Harsh Reality Explained by uche87(m): 8:13am On Jun 14
Nairalander248:

Nor mind am oh. 1991! Mostly every 5 years, behavioural patterns and trends change not to talk of over 20 years.

6 Likes

Re: Dating In Nigeria Vs The UK: The Harsh Reality Explained by zed7: 8:47am On Jun 14
This guy is always so concerned about dating in the UK. The world does not revolve around the UK alone. I must let everyone know I'm in the UK crew.

21 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Dating In Nigeria Vs The UK: The Harsh Reality Explained by goran3310(m): 8:54am On Jun 14
obinna58:

A little more creativity. It all boils down to male whining about how women are evolutionary trash in terms of character. That is the reality. I am waiting for someone to come up with a solution.
Of course I have it, but I'm waiting for someone else to write it here.

4 Likes

Re: Dating In Nigeria Vs The UK: The Harsh Reality Explained by budaatum: 10:26am On Jun 14
Nairalander248:

Most would have deduced that inter-race relationships would have increased since then, or gone and done their own research, but not you, I guess.

I hope you understand that mixed race children come from mixed raced couples, and that if one increases so would the other.

Here's a link to 2021 data analyses.

https://www.migrationmuseum.org/census-reveals-new-chapter-in-story-of-mixed-race-britain/

1 Like

Re: Dating In Nigeria Vs The UK: The Harsh Reality Explained by LordIsaac(m): 5:19pm On Jun 14
I can read; so I agree with you 100%. I see the way they look at us …😊

1 Like

Re: Dating In Nigeria Vs The UK: The Harsh Reality Explained by eepeepook: 3:41pm On Jun 19
Funny how this made front page while the many which I call for attention don’t see the light of day. Nairaland, your end is nigh.
Re: Dating In Nigeria Vs The UK: The Harsh Reality Explained by ROTTWEILER007: 3:41pm On Jun 19
uche87:

no place like home abeg. Let me manage my urgent 2k babe.

1 Like

Re: Dating In Nigeria Vs The UK: The Harsh Reality Explained by Reelmii: 3:42pm On Jun 19
cheesy
Re: Dating In Nigeria Vs The UK: The Harsh Reality Explained by Raxxye(m): 3:42pm On Jun 19
Best for guys to work in UK then date in Nigeria!
Re: Dating In Nigeria Vs The UK: The Harsh Reality Explained by illuminutty: 3:42pm On Jun 19
Nigerian men, especially Igbo men, are simps.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Dating In Nigeria Vs The UK: The Harsh Reality Explained by Dimaya: 3:47pm On Jun 19
just as expected, nigerian women continue to lament about their dating problems

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eR3MCsqxBvA

God will help you all be more patient with our men
Re: Dating In Nigeria Vs The UK: The Harsh Reality Explained by Lionessza6(f): 3:49pm On Jun 19
budaatum:

I highly doubt this one grin grin grin grin grin....but then you're a Nigerian dude , you need your women to believe this with everything you have so that they could ....appreciate.....the ......gold ....they supposedly have in you grin grin grin. They must not miss out, you're hot cake on the international scene grin grin

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Dating In Nigeria Vs The UK: The Harsh Reality Explained by NaBanga: 3:50pm On Jun 19
Nigeria is dominated by Nigerians, who are black and African. Of course it makes sense, that the dating pool is much wider. For those talking about mixed race, the population of the blacks and white that mix is very small, because the population of whites far outnumber blacks. In general, Nigerian women will not be able to attract the best men simply because she is black. The majority of white men will want their own and the best of their own as well. Most people desire what they are familiar with.

The same goes for Nigerian women who enter the US, believing they will find a wealthy man. Most men in the US are not freely handing out money, because they have far greater financial responsibilities. In addition, most women in the US can easily get a job to cater for themselves. While there will be men who offer money to women, it won't be as common as it is in Nigeria, where the bills are much smaller. I have come across so many lonely Nigerian women, waiting for a rich man to cater to all their needs. They are working in corporate jobs and packing churches all over the United States.

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Dating In Nigeria Vs The UK: The Harsh Reality Explained by budaatum: 3:54pm On Jun 19
Lionessza6:

I highly doubt this one grin grin grin grin grin....but then you're a Nigerian dude , you need your women to believe this with everything you have so that they could ....appreciate.....the ......gold ....they supposedly have in you grin grin grin. They must not miss out, you're hot cake on the international scene grin grin

O Lord God, please make Lionessza6 a dude and leave me with my tits. Amen.

Re: Dating In Nigeria Vs The UK: The Harsh Reality Explained by geewean(m): 3:57pm On Jun 19
I believe it all boils down to God's grace.

In Nigeria even with your money she can use you to climb the ladder and once she gets there she dumps you.

In UK ,most of them are independent.I am in Nigeria though but I know that there is huge trust issues there because guys there as I heard oooo are just trying to see who they are getting papers from and are scared of the extremities of women when it comes to the law favouring them.

A balanced guy in the UK is willing to marry another woman there who probably is a medical doctor doing well because he knows the family settings will be okay.

In the grand scheme of things I believe it's better we trust God alone he is the only one that can locate the partner that will love you genuinely without too much stress.

I can be corrected about my view on men in the UK like Scotland.Where I hear say if them jam babe wey carry them fit run am street but will first love bomb you to brainwash your head .

That's why me like this I love my peace .I make my money and do love the normal way I don't know how people sleep at night after defrauding people.

1 Like

Re: Dating In Nigeria Vs The UK: The Harsh Reality Explained by Solofresh2: 3:57pm On Jun 19
Nicely said especially the gifts an bills part for the UK girls. Don't also forget jealousy among their ladies when a lady likes a guy
Re: Dating In Nigeria Vs The UK: The Harsh Reality Explained by Antoeni(m): 3:59pm On Jun 19
Majority of Nigeria Women Are Financial Liability, Whether they Like You or Not.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Dating In Nigeria Vs The UK: The Harsh Reality Explained by Antoeni(m): 4:00pm On Jun 19
Ladies, "Until a Man Has Married You, He is Not Obligated to Be Responsible For You. Whatever He Does , It is Out of The Generosity of His Heart ,You Should Never Feel Entitled to His Money"

2 Likes

Re: Dating In Nigeria Vs The UK: The Harsh Reality Explained by SavageResponse(m): 4:01pm On Jun 19
eepeepook:
Funny how this made front page while the many which I call for attention don’t see the light of day. Nairaland, your end is nigh.

So the end of Nairaland is near because the nonsense thread you created did not get to front page?

Yeye! angry

4 Likes

Re: Dating In Nigeria Vs The UK: The Harsh Reality Explained by AutoConsult: 4:01pm On Jun 19
Spagi:
Even if u have money dating na scam unless u are lucky or grace of god, we get no more time. puff puff pass
Na who dey run after spec dey get problem.
Re: Dating In Nigeria Vs The UK: The Harsh Reality Explained by joseph1832(m): 4:03pm On Jun 19
uche87:

OH good. I love your closing statement. The body is what I want, what's my business with the heart. Lol
Re: Dating In Nigeria Vs The UK: The Harsh Reality Explained by SpecialAdviser(m): 4:03pm On Jun 19
Abeg all these grammar. Ashawo dey there and how much?

1 Like

Re: Dating In Nigeria Vs The UK: The Harsh Reality Explained by BareFacedLies(m): 4:11pm On Jun 19
Spagi:

Reasonable people dey talk, homo sef dey talk! sad

(1) (2) (Reply)

Woman Slams Guitar On Proposing Boyfriend's Face (photos) / 'Women Must Not Suffer To Find Love'- Toke Makinwa / He Blocked Me For No Reason.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.