Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,168,811 members, 7,872,699 topics. Date: Wednesday, 26 June 2024 at 08:04 PM

Time To Restructure Nigeria, End Injustice Against Igbos- Clark To Tinubu - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Time To Restructure Nigeria, End Injustice Against Igbos- Clark To Tinubu (16919 Views)

Edwin Clark To Tinubu: Call Wike To Order — He’s Not Ready For Peace In Rivers / Edwin Clark To Oborevwori: You’ve Started Well By Siting Projects In Warri / Clark To FG: Withdraw Naming Of Rail Stations After Jonathan, Awolowo. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Time To Restructure Nigeria, End Injustice Against Igbos- Clark To Tinubu by georgeakins: 10:35am On Jun 14
kikake:
The 5-states only political structure left in the SE zone is a typical signature left by Sani Abacha during his own state creation exercise needs to be addressed first. Thereafter, adequate political representation for Ndiigbo in the National Assembly for political restructuring begins, and whatever political structure and governance system that emerge become authentic.

Ibos should ask for their country.
No need for all your grammar .

I am tired of sharing the same country with the ibos

2 Likes

Re: Time To Restructure Nigeria, End Injustice Against Igbos- Clark To Tinubu by onuman: 10:38am On Jun 14
georgeakins:

Ibos should ask for their country.
No need for all the your grammar .

I am tired of sharing the same country with the ibos
Will you agree? Why is Nnamdi Kalu still held captive if not that his Biafra agitation if actualized, will remove proceeds from crude oil from your purse?
Re: Time To Restructure Nigeria, End Injustice Against Igbos- Clark To Tinubu by HALCYON44: 10:40am On Jun 14
And you want freedom from a Yoruba man? You better go and get it from obi pandora. Let me tell you categorically clear that if the yourubas want to move away from Nigeria today no other tribe can stop them. Even the hausa and fulanis fear yourubas but not the arrogant fools that makes noise like empty barrels. It your fucking time to suffer more. This is just the beginning of marginalisation for that region.
Re: Time To Restructure Nigeria, End Injustice Against Igbos- Clark To Tinubu by nony43(m): 10:40am On Jun 14
EmeeNaka:
Igbos must be very careful. Anyị ga-efi ịsaa n'anya maka na ndịa bu ndị atụọ n'ihu aghọrọ n'azụ.
Some of these statements are simply a way to scapegoat Igbo people. Restructuring of Nigeria is not to be done for Igbo people. It is for Nigerian goods. I don't trust Edwin Clark statement because it might be a setup against Igbo people.
It appear that anytime Nigerian want something, they will put Igbo people in the forefront and after Igbo people have lost their life, they will find solution and then blame igbos for it.
So, I kindly do not subscribe to Edwin Clark remarks where he seem to have made Igbo injustice the centre of his request.
Igboland is currently passing through a difficult phase and we do not want further aggravation.

You are wise.
Re: Time To Restructure Nigeria, End Injustice Against Igbos- Clark To Tinubu by georgeakins: 10:41am On Jun 14
Bulldozer90:
An Afenifere chieftain man a rediculous restructuring proposals that forcefully put Lagos, ekiti, Oyo, Ondo, Ogun and Osun together including Yorubas in Kwara and Kogi into one region.

But he did not put Anambra, Enugu, Abia, Ebonyi, Imo, Igbos of Rivers and Anioma people into one region. Instead he balkanized them because he wants Igbos to lose control of their gas reserves. He even removed Ohaji/Egbema and carved them to south south.

Such unbridled covetousness, arrogance and hypocrisy!
If you put Itshekiri into a Yoruba region, you must create Ohimini state for Idoma and put it in an Igbo region.

Ibos are eyeing Rivers oil, chai!

Ibos should not bother about restructuring.

Tell your lawmakers to agitate for the creation of ibo republic.
Go and form your own country
Period!
Re: Time To Restructure Nigeria, End Injustice Against Igbos- Clark To Tinubu by nony43(m): 10:41am On Jun 14
HALCYON44:
And you want freedom from a Yoruba man? You better go and get it from obi pandora. Let me tell you categorically clear that if the yourubas want to move away from Nigeria today no other tribe can stop them. Even the hausa and fulanis fear yourubas but not the arrogant fools that makes noise like empty barrels. It your fucking time to suffer more. This is just the beginning of marginalisation for that region.

Leave Nigeria na. Make hunger finish Una.
Re: Time To Restructure Nigeria, End Injustice Against Igbos- Clark To Tinubu by nony43(m): 10:42am On Jun 14
georgeakins:

Ibos are eyeing Rivers oil, chai!

Ibos should not bother about restructuring.

Tell your lawmakers to agitate for the creation of ibo republic.
Go and form your own country
Period!

And Hausa are not eyeing rivers oil. Igbos really need to leave Una so the that Hausa Fulani will find new people to Marginalise
Re: Time To Restructure Nigeria, End Injustice Against Igbos- Clark To Tinubu by georgeakins: 10:44am On Jun 14
Bookhub:

I swear, we just need exit from this union that's all if we go to Biafra to kill ourselfs by ourselfs its nobody business.

Tell your Ibo lawmakers to begin to agitate for biafra now that the constitution review is ongoing.

I will be the happiest person the day ibos leave Nigetia.
Re: Time To Restructure Nigeria, End Injustice Against Igbos- Clark To Tinubu by georgeakins: 10:46am On Jun 14
EmeeNaka:

I definitely subscribe to division of Nigeria. Nigeria is a terrible area. But our major concern must be to defeat an extreme right-wing nationalism from IPOB-ESN which is breeding hate and extreme autocracy. If we secede in that manner, we might go the way of North Korea and Eritrea.

Nigeria is not terrible .
The only terrible people are the biafrans.

Free biafrans, let them go and form their country
Re: Time To Restructure Nigeria, End Injustice Against Igbos- Clark To Tinubu by georgeakins: 10:49am On Jun 14
LOVEALAIGBO:

Quit being a smartass! Only one interested in supressing the truth, diversionary antics or having a dislike for Ndigbo will make the kind statement you make!

Are the Igbo one of the three major ethnic groupings in Nigeria or not? Further to the first question, would you say Ndigbo have had access to the same privileges, opportunities and federal attention similar to what the other two major groups have made available for themselves from the late 60s to date?

Stop story telling

Constitution review is on going .
Go and fight for the creation of biafran.

I wil bel the happiest person the day ibos leave Nigeria.
Re: Time To Restructure Nigeria, End Injustice Against Igbos- Clark To Tinubu by MightySparrow: 10:50am On Jun 14
Bookhub:

I swear, we just need exit from this union that's all if we go to Biafra to kill ourselfs by ourselfs its nobody business.

For humanity sake, stay with us and live!

Why will ye die o house of Gad?

Nigeria is a suitable abode for all. Soon igbos will take the centre point. No one tribe or people is forever suppressed.
Re: Time To Restructure Nigeria, End Injustice Against Igbos- Clark To Tinubu by georgeakins: 10:52am On Jun 14
ggood:
The parasite core North will always kick against it

Leave the North alone.
The reall parasites are the South East.

Tell your lawmakers to fight for the inclusion of secession clause in the constitution.
Ibos should go and form their country.
Enough

1 Like

Re: Time To Restructure Nigeria, End Injustice Against Igbos- Clark To Tinubu by abidem4real: 10:59am On Jun 14
Noneroone:

https://www.thecable.ng/edwin-clark-to-tinubu-its-time-to-restructure-nigeria-implement-2014-national-conference-report/amp/?fbclid=IwZXh0bgNhZW0CMTEAAR1H8OAPByRkpOMrt8B8IOlToPeN6E5dib5s13FkhKqIaB8ctOwljk0MNWs_aem_ZmFrZWR1bW15MTZieXRlcw
Can you imagine! When you Igbos had your clear chance to nip the presidency issue in the bud, you failed through disunity and greed as you just mentioned. Now that the presidency is out of your reach, you are clamouring for restructuring which though in all honesty is needed in the current Nigeria.
But, the question is: if Peter Obi were to be president, would Igbos be shouting injustice regardless of whatever he does? Besides, do you expect to reap bountifully where you do not show bountifully? No of course! I expect the Igbos to show some level of appreciation for the ministers given to them because truth be told, one Nigeria is a clear illusion. You cannot eat your cake and still have it.

Meanwhile, if "Nigerian Democracy" has to continue and an Igbo presidency is required, then an Igbo candidate has to align with the right people and most popular and populous party. With that, Igbo's presidency can be enshrined and without that Igbo's presidency would continue to be a mirage because election in Nigeria is clearly a game of number, wittiness and cunniness.

That 👆 is my candid advice.

1 Like

Re: Time To Restructure Nigeria, End Injustice Against Igbos- Clark To Tinubu by zomby(m): 11:02am On Jun 14
Unfortunately nobody respects these people because they do not respect themselves.
How can you be relevant, when you despise the Hausas, dislike the Yorubas, step all over the SouthSouth, hate our country, Nigeria...and then kill yourselves like cockroaches? It is impossible, you will never be respected.
Not a curse that you people will continue to struggle and cry till the end of time... Nobody wants you around; even in Ghana, SA, China, Malaysia etc, they don't respect you.

These are the things most people see when you show up:
Greedy
Classless
Senseless
Hopeless
Mindless
Disrespectful
Gullible
Unreasonable
Ungrateful
Loud
Violent
Confused
Re: Time To Restructure Nigeria, End Injustice Against Igbos- Clark To Tinubu by Emir01: 11:21am On Jun 14
There's no injustice done to the Igbos, the landmass of equal seize were giving 5 states and you are saying rubbish. In terms of population and Landmass they suppose to have like 2 states.
Re: Time To Restructure Nigeria, End Injustice Against Igbos- Clark To Tinubu by sulaak(m): 11:31am On Jun 14
Bulldozer90:
An Afenifere chieftain man a rediculous restructuring proposals that forcefully put Lagos, ekiti, Oyo, Ondo, Ogun and Osun together including Yorubas in Kwara and Kogi into one region.

But he did not put Anambra, Enugu, Abia, Ebonyi, Imo, Igbos of Rivers and Anioma people into one region. Instead he balkanized them because he wants Igbos to lose control of their gas reserves. He even removed Ohaji/Egbema and carved them to south south.

If you put Itshekiri into a Yoruba region, you must create Ohimini state for Idoma and put it in an Igbo region.

I have seen maps by Igbo people that exclude Lagos State from the SW. The solution is not to throw tribal insults but to sit down and agree on a proper regional restructuring. I believe any regional restructuring that doesn't give the SE or Igbo access to the sea will fail.
Re: Time To Restructure Nigeria, End Injustice Against Igbos- Clark To Tinubu by Wallade(m): 11:48am On Jun 14
malali:
“The old Eastern Region and the old Western Region, of which I belonged to, were equal competitors and partners before and during the First and Second Republic but today, you have appointed 10 Yorubas as Ministers from the South-West and only five Ministers from the South-East and you even failed to give them the ministerial appointment due to their region that would have made it six Ministers.

“There is no justification for this grave omission, and no effort has been made to correct it. "

Mr Clark do you know what is democracy ? Tinubu won an election, He has the right to appointments to enhance a successful administration. A lot of people you are advocating for do not even want this advocacy ? They are online insulting the president everyday. If i stand outside your house and insult you everyday and also throw stones at your car. Will you hire me to work as your driver ? Lets make sense out of our utterances,“He who comes into equity must come with clean hands.”

“I repeat again, the immediate restructuring of Nigeria must be carried out if this country is to remain one, and I appeal to Mr. President to take immediate action to implement the historic 2014 National Conference Report, which submitted 600 recommendations to the Presidency on how to restructure Nigeria in every aspect of our lives,” he said.

Once again Mr Clark, you only carry one vote, just like me. You are not more important than any other voter in Nigeria. If you are concerned about national issues, direct them to your representatives, HoR and senate accordingly. Grandstanding media directives can be interpreted as having delusional undertone, telling Nigerians restructuring "must" be carried out. We have a legislative arm of government representing everybody according, these are deemed as proper channels of airing grievances. Please in the future resist the temptation to must to requests. You are not in a position to say we must do anything.

When I read Mr Edwin Clark's position, I could not help but conclude that he is seeking attention and being frivolous or clever.

When Ebele Jonathan was president of Nigeria, I remember that Clark was one of his close allies or. Advisers. Did Clark advice Jonathan to share ministerial appointments in the order he is proposing to the President Tinubu?

Whatever Jonathan did that was questionable was supported, with threats, by Clark and a host of others.

Today, Clark is trying to use double psychology and whip up sentiments against the President and fan the distrust and animosity against the Yorubas by the Igbos.

We are not surprised, we see your strategy and plan. Yet again, you failed to deceive us.

1 Like

Re: Time To Restructure Nigeria, End Injustice Against Igbos- Clark To Tinubu by GUNITGuy: 11:55am On Jun 14
vengertime:

We have place curse on Nigeria, there shall be no peace
The curse would never stand....Only in the East it's permitted to work
Re: Time To Restructure Nigeria, End Injustice Against Igbos- Clark To Tinubu by AfonjaScud: 11:56am On Jun 14
Bulldozer90:

The people of Rivers and Anioma have consistently averted they do not belong to mainstream ibo and should be left alone by those seeking attached by force.

When the 1966 coup was termed ibo coup, ibos were quick to deny Kaduna Nzegu as ino but Anioma.

Conversely, it is arrant nonsense to say people in Kwara, Kogi amd Itshekiri, who have always claim their yoruba kinship are FORCED to the SW.
Even any dunce in nigeria knows this is not controversial except mischief makers.
Re: Time To Restructure Nigeria, End Injustice Against Igbos- Clark To Tinubu by Bulldozer90: 12:06pm On Jun 14
AfonjaScud:

The people of Rivers and Anioma have consistently averted they do not belong to mainstream ibo and should be left alone by those seeking attached by force.

When the 1966 coup was termed ibo coup, ibos were quick to deny Kaduna Nzegu as ino but Anioma.

Conversely, it is arrant nonsense to say people in Kwara, Kogi amd Itshekiri, who have always claim their yoruba kinship are FORCED to the SW.
Even any dunce in nigeria knows this is not controversial except mischief makers.
people who type incoherently like this don't deserve my response.
Re: Time To Restructure Nigeria, End Injustice Against Igbos- Clark To Tinubu by phemray(m): 12:06pm On Jun 14
Bulldozer90:

Check the map looklike if implemented.
Re: Time To Restructure Nigeria, End Injustice Against Igbos- Clark To Tinubu by zomby(m): 12:07pm On Jun 14
georgeakins:

Leave the North alone.
The reall parasites are the South East.

Tell your lawmakers to fight for the inclusion of secession clause in the constitution.
Ibos should go and form their country.
Enough

They can run away from everybody, but they can't run away from themselves...
The hopeless will not last together past 13 months. They know this and the entire world knows it too.

1 Like

Re: Time To Restructure Nigeria, End Injustice Against Igbos- Clark To Tinubu by themanderon: 12:09pm On Jun 14
Goke7:

how was obj successful? please enumerate

Do you remember how he was able to shield the Nigerian economy from the economic that took out the economies of most countries of the world? If it were the failures that replaced him Nigerians would be picking rubbish from the bins to survive. The Economy survived mainly because of Ngozi and soludo who were in charge of finance and the CBN respectively.
Re: Time To Restructure Nigeria, End Injustice Against Igbos- Clark To Tinubu by zomby(m): 12:15pm On Jun 14
PaellaPaella:

You must have mistaken him for your failed fatder

Your mother is right here, but where is your father? Omo Ewure jatijati!
Re: Time To Restructure Nigeria, End Injustice Against Igbos- Clark To Tinubu by omoadeleye(m): 12:17pm On Jun 14
Believeintruth:

if there is any tribe with superiority complex, it is the Yorubas, and their unending envy and hatred against igbos. AirPeace used Isiagu as their uniform you people called igbos countless names, but when Azman air hostesses used Hijab we didn't hear anything from you.

The issue with igbos is that we don't like being treated like slaves or subservient to anyone, we believe all men are equal so that stubbornness is why condescending tribes like you guys see us as thinking we are above others.

Lol, 😆 when Tinubu named a road after Wole Soyinka every where scattered but when he later name another road after Chinua Achebe every where was quite.

We used to think the northern are bad , it was after the presidential election we later got that it was the ibos that almost used propagandas to ruin the northerns but after Tinubu became the president, you igbos left the hausas and started facing we yorubas and we yorubas will never fold because we are always ready to face you squarely
Re: Time To Restructure Nigeria, End Injustice Against Igbos- Clark To Tinubu by zomby(m): 12:26pm On Jun 14
themanderon:

Do you remember how he was able to shield the Nigerian economy from the economic that took out the economies of most countries of the world? If it were the failures that replaced him Nigerians would be picking rubbish from the bins to survive. The Economy survived mainly because of Ngozi and soludo who were in charge of finance and the CBN respectively.

The same Obasanjo regime's lost $17 billion that belonged to the power sector to the PDP political armed robbers...Today, they still can't find the missing $17b. The same Obasanjo tried to step on our constitution by attempting to modify 2 terms to 3 terms for his own personal benefit.

It's too bad that it doesn't take much to impress a bunch of senseless ragamuffins... All it takes is to throw a bone to the pigs, and they will automatically become your friend; the same way Buhari became their friend during the last presidential election when he didn't support Tinubu... What a hopeless group of people; senseless, classless, mindless and super gullible like there is no tomorrow.
Re: Time To Restructure Nigeria, End Injustice Against Igbos- Clark To Tinubu by Believeintruth: 12:27pm On Jun 14
omoadeleye:

Lol, 😆 when Tinubu named a road after Wole Soyinka every where scattered but when he later name another road after Chinua Achebe every where was quite.

We used to think the northern are bad , it was after the presidential election we later got that it was the ibos that almost used propagandas to ruin the northerns but after Tinubu became the president, you igbos left the hausas and started facing we yorubas and we yorubas will never fold because we are always ready to face you squarely

Please when did he name a road after Chinua Achebe and everyone was quiet? You guys don't know how to lie
Re: Time To Restructure Nigeria, End Injustice Against Igbos- Clark To Tinubu by zomby(m): 12:30pm On Jun 14
omoadeleye:

Why?
Because they can't help but show their true colors; they want to be offered all the things they are not willing to offer anyone...And this is the main reason why they will struggle, cry and remain the irrelevant of all time...till the end of time

These are the things most people see when these hopeless people show up:
Greedy
Classless
Senseless
Hopeless
Mindless
Disrespectful
Gullible
Unreasonable
Ungrateful
Loud
Violent
Confused

1 Like

Re: Time To Restructure Nigeria, End Injustice Against Igbos- Clark To Tinubu by zomby(m): 12:33pm On Jun 14
Believeintruth:

Please when did he name a road after Chinua Achebe and everyone was quiet? You guys don't know how to lie

Even if Tinubu changes our country's name from Nigeria to Ojukwu, you pigs will still cry and hate.. you don't know any other way to function, but to hate, disrespect and kill yourselves like cockroaches ...This is why nobody respects you all around the world.
Re: Time To Restructure Nigeria, End Injustice Against Igbos- Clark To Tinubu by Believeintruth: 12:37pm On Jun 14
zomby:

Even if Tinubu changes our country's name from Nigeria to Ojukwu, you pigs will still cry and hate.. you don't know any other way to function, but to hate and disrespect yourselves...This is why nobody respects you all around the world.

You still have not said anything, just making baseless and stupid allegations as usual. Please all i am asking is to show me when igbos kept quiet when Chinua Achebe had a road named after him. it is so simple.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Breaking News:shots Fired Near Abuja US Embassy / Adams Oshiomhole Blasts Obasanjo At APC Rally In Borno (Video) / Orji Uzor Kalu Marks 2nd Anniversary Of His Incarceration In Kuje Prison

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.