Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,170,821 members, 7,879,560 topics. Date: Wednesday, 03 July 2024 at 09:34 PM

Finidi George Resigns As Super Eagles Head Coach - Sports (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Finidi George Resigns As Super Eagles Head Coach (35784 Views)

NFF Appoints Finidi George As Super Eagles Head Coach / NFF Confirms Jose Peseiro As Super Eagles Head Coach, Finidi As Assistant / Rohr Set To Quit As Super Eagles Head Coach (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Finidi George Resigns As Super Eagles Head Coach by frog12: 1:32pm On Jun 15
he wan show say him be boss.
hope he can lick his wounds now grin grin grin grin

Mrincredy:
The guy failed after that decision he took to bench the big names in the friendlies we had against Ghana and Mali. Lookman never hid this.. You lose as a coach once you lose your dressing room
Re: Finidi George Resigns As Super Eagles Head Coach by bluefilm: 1:36pm On Jun 15
After ruining all the chances for the super chickens?

Another dobale for him
Re: Finidi George Resigns As Super Eagles Head Coach by begge: 1:36pm On Jun 15
I think they should go a former Chelsea player called lampard
Re: Finidi George Resigns As Super Eagles Head Coach by moskush1(m): 1:37pm On Jun 15
good to exit when the ovation is shaking

1 Like

Re: Finidi George Resigns As Super Eagles Head Coach by Mrincredy(m): 1:37pm On Jun 15
And they really messed him up. See lookman wey dey enter anybody for nations cup come dey relax against ordinary Benin.. na there u go know say na set up
frog12:
he wan show say him be boss.
hope he can lick his wounds now grin grin grin grin

Re: Finidi George Resigns As Super Eagles Head Coach by skuribeebo: 1:37pm On Jun 15
Alfa finidi grin
Re: Finidi George Resigns As Super Eagles Head Coach by thesolutions(m): 1:38pm On Jun 15
Now P-SQUARE will say they talk am.

No start wetin you no go finish
You no be George finidi.

Just proved it again.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Finidi George Resigns As Super Eagles Head Coach by Cmanforall: 1:39pm On Jun 15
robosky02:
BREAKING: Finidi George resigns as Super Eagles head coach

https://dailypost.ng/2024/06/15/finidi-george-resigns-as-super-eagles-head-coach/

Great step

The man may indeed be a man of integrity

The players should play as though their lives depend on it. It seems there's 'class' in the team and behind the scenes
Re: Finidi George Resigns As Super Eagles Head Coach by EmmyMaestro(m): 1:40pm On Jun 15
99thEnemy:
Psquare - Temptation (lyrics)

”No start wetin you no go fit to finish
I no be George Finidi oh, oh. “

grin

Chaii so it was a prophecy,

Oga, if you open church, you will get plenty members o

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Finidi George Resigns As Super Eagles Head Coach by tballeyy(m): 1:41pm On Jun 15
Looser
Re: Finidi George Resigns As Super Eagles Head Coach by Chinedumejoooo: 1:42pm On Jun 15
He was sacked not resigned,the caption was mislead
Re: Finidi George Resigns As Super Eagles Head Coach by robosky02(m): 1:45pm On Jun 15
So can we have
Emmanuel Amunike Now..

Or Is somebody afraid of him

By the way Finidi George didn't cover himself in glory

This was a team you were part of few week back, a team that became suddenly dreaded in Africa.

Once you took over ...for just 4 games the in fighting is so obvious that the boys are not playing for him

First he benched Ademola Lookman in the friendlies, a player who was our best outside Osimhen at the AFCON... which didn't go well

Then the issue of captainship in the team

Then bringing red hot Boniface in the last game and keeping him on the bench against South Africa even when we needed some offensive

And also the indiscipline in the team. Players strolling into camp at will

The he coming out to say I wouldn't beg Osimhen to play for Nigeria. Hmmm something is certainly wrong.

The Osimhen we know fights for Nigeria what could be the issue

Finidi George certainly did not manage his dressing room.

If not when player love a coach they can go to hell no matter how hot and bring him 3 points to secure a win
Re: Finidi George Resigns As Super Eagles Head Coach by Kokomaster69: 1:45pm On Jun 15
Better than being sacked. They knew Finidi will not perform. It was a setup, so that they will have reasons to hire oyibo coach where the cash out is.
Let's give Amuneke a chance. Other African countries are using home based coaches and getting results.
NFF don turn Naija politicians.
Re: Finidi George Resigns As Super Eagles Head Coach by Goodman247: 1:46pm On Jun 15
grin wahala
Re: Finidi George Resigns As Super Eagles Head Coach by OGHENAOGIE(m): 1:46pm On Jun 15
robosky02:
So can we have
Emmanuel Amunike

Is somebody afraid of him

if am Amunike I won't near the job Nigerians ll still hang him u pple don't regard a local coach... Let foreigner come and do magic
Re: Finidi George Resigns As Super Eagles Head Coach by fabolouz1(m): 1:48pm On Jun 15
How on earth did p- square knows this man too well that they sang about it over a decade ago ? " ...no start wetin u no go fit finish because I no be George finidi ".
Re: Finidi George Resigns As Super Eagles Head Coach by Angelfrost(m): 1:49pm On Jun 15
Wise decision...!

That job is a poisoned chalice!

No Coach will truly succeed there, not under this corrupt and useless National Football Federation.

Nigerian Football is currently doomed!
Re: Finidi George Resigns As Super Eagles Head Coach by robosky02(m): 1:50pm On Jun 15
koning:

He is the only Nigerian coach that can handle the team now...They should look for him.

Any foreign coach now will be worse than Poseiro, the portugese.

By the way Samson Siasia will be available by August

That will be a better option. As we don't have a game till then
Re: Finidi George Resigns As Super Eagles Head Coach by IamAtAnger: 1:51pm On Jun 15
Which yeye Amunike??.. we dont need any local manager again
robosky02:
This NFF is our problem

Finidi George yes a good man but like i have said he is not prepared for the job now

Emmanuel Amunike is ripe and ready
Why the merry go round.,..

What are they afraid of ?
appoint Amunike

They are speaking grammar till Nigeria don enter aboki shit

Re: Finidi George Resigns As Super Eagles Head Coach by Angelfrost(m): 1:51pm On Jun 15
robosky02:
This NFF is our problem

Finidi George yes a good man but like i have said he is not prepared for the job now

Emmanuel Amunike is ripe and ready
Why the merry go round.,..

What are they afraid of ?
appoint Amunike

They are speaking grammar till Nigeria don enter aboki shit

Trust me... Amuneke will also fail and fail woefully.

The structure or lack of structure will make even the best in the world of coaching fail miserably.

The right and foremost thing to do is to sack and replace the entire NFF board immediately!
Re: Finidi George Resigns As Super Eagles Head Coach by IamAtAnger: 1:52pm On Jun 15
It's juz rhymes block head with rusty brain
fabolouz1:
How on earth did p- square knows this man too well that they sang about it over a decade ago ? " ...no start wetin u no go fit finish because I no be George finidi ".
Re: Finidi George Resigns As Super Eagles Head Coach by guidelight: 1:52pm On Jun 15
Dude is a perfect gentleman . Did what he could but result was poor. I wish the politicians could emulate him instead of putting all Nigerians in dire hardship

1 Like

Re: Finidi George Resigns As Super Eagles Head Coach by IMPARTIAL: 1:53pm On Jun 15
The boys will be ready to play now. We will win our remaining matches and play a draw against South Africa away.
Re: Finidi George Resigns As Super Eagles Head Coach by 9jaBloke: 1:53pm On Jun 15
99thEnemy:
Psquare - Temptation (lyrics)

”No start wetin you no go fit to finish
I no be George Finidi oh, oh. “

grin

I always felt it didn't make sense, only for the subject to justify it some 20 years later
Re: Finidi George Resigns As Super Eagles Head Coach by Azazyel: 1:54pm On Jun 15
unity004:
African Ten hag gringrin
After just two matches.
Right now i am confused btw local & foreign coach for the super eagles
But the players are not helping sha

Ten hag is way better. He got two trophies in two years. Pochettino would be better to use
Re: Finidi George Resigns As Super Eagles Head Coach by Nelsondiego69: 1:54pm On Jun 15
robosky02:
BREAKING: Finidi George resigns as Super Eagles head coach

https://dailypost.ng/2024/06/15/finidi-george-resigns-as-super-eagles-head-coach/
changing employees is not a very great thing to do, cos the new one will also start taking time and patience studying the people and environment around
Re: Finidi George Resigns As Super Eagles Head Coach by Purevibe74: 1:55pm On Jun 15
Exactly what I expect from chief Tinubu, after messing up the economy.
Re: Finidi George Resigns As Super Eagles Head Coach by Azazyel: 1:56pm On Jun 15
He just had to step down. Good of him! My worry is that we have dropped 5 precious points in the last 2 games. We need to win our remaining matches for us to qualify
Re: Finidi George Resigns As Super Eagles Head Coach by dipsx(m): 1:58pm On Jun 15
Freshtruth:
Better. This man coach Cameroon in 25games lost just Twice. Is win percentage with Cameroon national team is almost 75% . because he had white skin we should turn a blind eye. NFf I support you 100% bring Antonio conceico. Who wan use he head hit rocks make he do am

Not this man na, Cameroon struggled with him, only managed to Miraculously win afcon bronze n BTW he looks like an age cheat.

Any coach we hire now should have a winning past.

Pitso is d man who d cap fits
Re: Finidi George Resigns As Super Eagles Head Coach by fredoooooo: 1:59pm On Jun 15
Good riddance ..
He's being blaming everybody but himself .
You came in act as you like but you don't want to take responsibility..
Re: Finidi George Resigns As Super Eagles Head Coach by starstaz(m): 2:02pm On Jun 15
Useless NFF, can you for once bring back my Peseiro. Now , our eyes don clear, not leaving out the Chief strategist who mastermind d exit of Peseiro, Chief segun Odegbami who continue to insist that ex coach should be axed .

How can a finalist team in Afcon let go of his jewel in that shoddy details, whose interest have we served and achieved now . People complaining, S.E is not playing entertaining football have lost one logic that players talents come in generations and d best way to approach a team is to play to their strength. For now! Our strength lies in a defensive - Counter attack pattern that the wise coach Peseiro lately discovered in Afcon and we should all be ashamed for disbanding such a big prize of strategic pattern in our modern football style. Those who are basking in the era of Okocha - Oliseh pattern of play should once and for all forget it, and allow us make use of the current crop to their maximal strength.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Asisat Oshoala Joins FC Barcelona / CHAN Qualifier: Nigeria Vs Burkina Faso (2 - 0) On 17th October 2015 / An Open Letter To Mikel Obi

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.