Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,168,991 members, 7,873,189 topics. Date: Thursday, 27 June 2024 at 09:34 AM

“Don't Let Me Nod Your Face” - Osimhen To His Guys Trying To Calm Him Down - Sports (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / “Don't Let Me Nod Your Face” - Osimhen To His Guys Trying To Calm Him Down (43211 Views)

Osimhen To Undergo Surgery After Suffering A Fractured Cheekbone And Eye Socket / Calenda Claims Barcelona Wanted Osimhen To Replace Suarez / Osimhen To Arrive In Italy For Napoli Transfer (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: “Don't Let Me Nod Your Face” - Osimhen To His Guys Trying To Calm Him Down by ALLNIGERIANSMAD(m): 8:36pm On Jun 15
IkeGod9891:
Yoruba dey respect their elders. Wetin come Happen here?.
Osimeh is from Edo not Yoruba

1 Like

Re: “Don't Let Me Nod Your Face” - Osimhen To His Guys Trying To Calm Him Down by mastermaestro(m): 8:41pm On Jun 15
ghiloman28:
How did he get to Europe ?

It was you and FG that sponsored him. You also provided for his feeding and shelter. Finally you found him a club where he now thrives. Does this sequence of events sound familiar?

Go sleep jor. angry

1 Like

Re: “Don't Let Me Nod Your Face” - Osimhen To His Guys Trying To Calm Him Down by PUNANI01: 8:51pm On Jun 15
ghiloman28:
The reflection of Nigeria citizens are our leaders in all institutions in Nigeria no discipline at all level.. Imagine someone that went dumb when Napoli fans and club were bullying him now flexing musle on a country that made him. So Ridiculous. God help this country called Nigeria coz it look’s[b] irredeemable[/b]
the zoo must fall.
Re: “Don't Let Me Nod Your Face” - Osimhen To His Guys Trying To Calm Him Down by aswani(m): 8:52pm On Jun 15
Konquest:

Which Oduduwa ran away from Bendel State to Isale Eko nitori Olorun? Nothing like that ever happened in history.

Victor Osimhen is an Esan-Edo dude from Edo State but was born and grew up in Lagos hence his fluency in Yoruba language.

Oduduwa had NOTHING to do with Isale Eko in the current Lagos State.

Maybe you are referring to Oranmiyan (the first Oba of Benin) who left Benin over 800 years ago after having his son Eweka (the second Oba of Benin by the daughter of a noble man at Egor) and then returned to Ile Ife where he originally came from via Usen before establishing what metamorphosed into the Oyo Empire.

Cheers.

I believe it was Izoduwa that had to flee from Benin and ended up ruling in Ilé Ife.

Oranmiyan left of his own volition after leaving Eweka behind to rule. He didn't really run per se, he'd had enough of the locals and decided to leave their wàhálà behind.

1 Like

Re: “Don't Let Me Nod Your Face” - Osimhen To His Guys Trying To Calm Him Down by dododawa1: 9:07pm On Jun 15
Joy2dworldxyz:
When a tout is talented!!
Na ketu boy

1 Like

Re: “Don't Let Me Nod Your Face” - Osimhen To His Guys Trying To Calm Him Down by dododawa1: 9:08pm On Jun 15
ALLNIGERIANSMAD:
Osimeh is from Edo not Yoruba
Edo Na Yoruba

Oduduwa sons and daughters
Re: “Don't Let Me Nod Your Face” - Osimhen To His Guys Trying To Calm Him Down by djmickymouse(m): 9:17pm On Jun 15
flyingdutchman:
He can kiss Arsenal and other top clubs goodbye. Europeans hate insolence
Arsenal top club ke!??
Re: “Don't Let Me Nod Your Face” - Osimhen To His Guys Trying To Calm Him Down by otipoju(m): 9:21pm On Jun 15
Emma1Oj:
Edo pple. It's part of their nature.. anger, disrespectful, pride and I don't care attitude.

Don't ask me. Ask Oranmiyan why he ran away from Bendel state then.

So na generational thing. No be today hey start.

The name if the city itself means land of anger.

Ile - Ibinu

1 Like

Re: “Don't Let Me Nod Your Face” - Osimhen To His Guys Trying To Calm Him Down by Olat4421: 9:22pm On Jun 15
mastermaestro:

I agree he lacks discipline. But don't ever say the country made him. Swallow that shit!
d country actually made him . If Nigeria never give him chance to showcase his talent to d world at d under 17 World Cup. Will he b noticed by an European club. He might ave just ended up on d street like majority of aspiring footballers like him on d street. So d country actually made him. Nd under d platform of representing his country dat make his talent to b notice

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: “Don't Let Me Nod Your Face” - Osimhen To His Guys Trying To Calm Him Down by SmartyPants(m): 9:22pm On Jun 15
Konquest:

The young dude, Victor Osimhen is an Esan-Edo by descent but was born and grew up in Lagos State and speaks Yoruba fluently.

I've known many Esan folks for decades now who speak Yoruba language fluently because they were born or grew up in Yorubaland and even intermarried with Yoruba folks like Pastor Ituah Ighodalo's father who married a Yoruba woman. But Esans are from Edo State and originally migrated from Benin based on their history that I've read. Hence Esan and Bini languages are up to 91 percent similar to one another in terms of linguistic lexicons.

I find it hilarious that people like you are replying that dude to explain that Osimhen is from Edo. Everyone knows he is from Edo but you see to certain people Edos are Yoruba.

3 Likes

Re: “Don't Let Me Nod Your Face” - Osimhen To His Guys Trying To Calm Him Down by Konquest: 9:27pm On Jun 15
aswani:

I believe it was Izoduwa that had to flee from Benin and ended up ruling in Ilé Ife.

Oranmiyan left of his own volition after leaving Eweka behind to rule. He didn't really run per se, he'd had enough of the locals and decided to leave their wàhálà behind.
The dude I quoted clearly and incorrectly posted on Page 1 that "Oduduwa ran away from Bendel State (sic) to Isale Eko." That's why I had to step in to correct him.

Besides Oranmiyan who was Oduduwa's grandson had to leave on his own volition like you rightly stated due to some difficulties he encountered as a ruler and it was he that supposedly gave the name "Ule Ibinu" to the land which the Europeans corrupted to Benin.

The first paragraph of your post regarding an Izoduwa or is it an Ekaladehan coming to Ufe (Ife) will be left for fuller discussions next time. In Ife history though, Oduduwa came from his ancestral land of Oke-Ora which is just 8 miles from Ife. This is why whenever an Ooni of Ife is to be crowned, as part of the ceremonial rites, he has to go to Oke-Ora from where Oduduwa originally came from. Also the people of Usen in Ovia South West of Edo State who are very close to Benin and speak their dialect of Yoruba and Bini languages uphold the Oduduwa story because Usen was founded by Oranmiyan's older brother who came there with Oranmiyan and their entourage from Ile Ife. It was from Usen that Oranmiyan proceeded to what is now Benin. I have a video interview where a notable Usen indigene revealed all these facts and debunked the fleeing story of "Izoduwa" or "Ekaladehan" to what is now Ile Ife. He even stated that Usen plays a strong traditional and religious role during the coronation of every new Oba of Benin and that ALL the traditional chieftaincy titles you find in Usen and Benin including the deities such as Ogun, Olokun, Osun, etc, are derived from Ile Ife. I can give you the link of the video interview on another thread later on and tag you.

Cheers.

3 Likes

Re: “Don't Let Me Nod Your Face” - Osimhen To His Guys Trying To Calm Him Down by chidiokay: 9:31pm On Jun 15
Niok:
My guy just go to Saudi Arabia and make some more money and finish your career there
You too like wahala,from victor ikpeba to finidi to super eagles and even with your co players and staffs in Napoli
Abeg you dn ball reach mbappe Ronaldo or Messi?
Try dey calm down respect is reciprocal
Everything no be gra gra

Funnily, Findi as won more decorated than osimhen as a player, Findi go two world cup at a time Osimhen parent don't even have a clue where there life is headed

what Osimhen is venting is not even up to half of what a whole C.ronaldo stomach in Man. U ... victor needs a better management

2 Likes

Re: “Don't Let Me Nod Your Face” - Osimhen To His Guys Trying To Calm Him Down by otipoju(m): 9:31pm On Jun 15
ogbonti:

The day I understood who Victor Osimhen is was when the team was being welcomed at the Nnamdi Azikiwe Airport Abuja after the finals of the Nations Cup - Press men just wanted to have a word with him - he dismissed them saying "make ona free me joor" pushing them aside - who da fvcccccck does he think he is ? - even the GOAT Messi never dismissed his Argentine press when he lost the finals of the world cup to Germany in 2014 - Let me ask one question, because this Osimhen pride is so irritating --- Is Victor Osimhen the first U-16 World Cup winner who became an African Player of the year with Nations Cup silver medal and a League Winner medal in Europe? --- NOOOOOOOO

Before him was a certain Kanu Nwankwo -- He won the U-16 World Cup in Japan 1993, Won Atlanta Olympics Gold Medal in 1996 scoring 2 great goals against a Brazillian side that later had 2 world footballers of the year (Ronaldo and Rivaldo) - same Kanu won the Dutch Eredivisie League Shield, Won the Dutch FA Cup, Won the European Champions League Cup, Won the World Football Club Cup with Ajax Amsterdam (with Finidi George as his team mate) - Won 2 African Footballer of the Year for the years (1996,1999) - Won the English Premiership and FA cup with Arsenal - Won the FA Cup with Portsmouth, AND yes, Kanu won a silver in the African Cup of Nations, 2000 (it should have been gold if Goal line technology was there then to validate Ikpeba's penalty miss) ----- In World Football reckoning - can Osimhen lace Kanu's boots? have we ever heard Kanu insult anyone like Victor just did ? when someone lacks home training selling pure water in the traffic and fortune smile's on that person - this is always the result - gutter attitude....

One can make as much money as he can - but CLASS cant be bought!!! - Victor Osimhen is a tout and if he were a French, Spanish, English, Brazillian or German National Team Player - he will be given at least 2 years ban for this travesty ---swearing ogun on social media - what a pile of sh IT behavior! angry

He should go and ask why David Ginola AND Eric Cantona did not make the French National team of 1998 that won the World cup as talented as they were then? INDISCIPLINE, they were chased out of the French National Team ------- Victor must tender an unreserved apology to Finidi George-- a Nigerian hero who scored that lone goal in Algeria to give Nigeria that first world cup ticket in 1993 -- after so many near misses for almost 50 years of trying ----- that Finidi goal sent Nigeria to our first world cup ever --- Long before Osimhen was born ---- I watched that match live - Algeria scored through Cherif Quazzani - the same man that scored the lone goal to give Algeria victory over Nigeria in 1990 Nations Cup Finals ---- That match almost gave 180 million Nigerians High BP as it was tension soaked from the blast of the whistle - Na Finidi goal that night give us that ticket ----- to tell you how that qualifier series was so important then - Ghana under the great Abedi Pele AND Tony Yeboah - as hot as they were then in Europe did not qualify for that world cup in USA 1994---- I hate nansense!!!!!! small money and small fame, Victor just dey swear ogun for everybodi

NIGERIA too big VICTOR OSIMHEN - with or without you - we will get it right -- you better be humble because your decline is about to start with this your gutter attitude --- nansense!!! angry angry angry angry

A great player may not be a great person.

Any good coach will shield his players from blame and take it upon himself...because he is responsible for team selection and tactics.

To blame a player for the teams loss who was not present, who told you he is injured, let you speak with his doctor and sent you MRI scans of his injury is way out of pocket for Finidi and deserves whatever insult he is getting from Victor and his outburst only showed how pained and hurt he was to loose coordination.

Especially when you know how Nigerians don't forgive players whom they believe cost them a game or tournament. It was pure wickedness if it true.

People react to stuff like this differently and so while I won't behave like he is doing, I won't blame him either buy just tell him to be patient and tell him how he could have handled it better.

1 Like

Re: “Don't Let Me Nod Your Face” - Osimhen To His Guys Trying To Calm Him Down by Tetraozonaitera: 9:31pm On Jun 15
ThiefnubuBandit:

Keep shut!!!

Ekperima

Stop using the same language you use for your father on an open forum.

May the good Lord heal you.

Say Amen three times.

1 Like

Re: “Don't Let Me Nod Your Face” - Osimhen To His Guys Trying To Calm Him Down by ThiefnubuBandit(f): 9:35pm On Jun 15
Tetraozonaitera:

Stop using the same language you use for your father on an open forum.

May the good Lord heal you.

Say Amen three times.

Ekperima

Mpama!!!

Chineke kpokwa gi okun

Afo dukwa gi ni imi

Ekwensu racha gi anya
Re: “Don't Let Me Nod Your Face” - Osimhen To His Guys Trying To Calm Him Down by Konquest: 9:35pm On Jun 15
SmartyPants:

I find it hilarious that people like you are replying that dude to explain that Osimhen is from Edo. Everyone knows he is from Edo but you see to certain people Edos are Yoruba.
@SmartyPants,

Indeed, and that's why I didn't reply him when I saw his ridiculous feedback which was bereft of historical intellectualism. Once I fully set the records straight for anyone at the first instance and s/he DOESN'T get it, that person can go kick rocks. The FACTS will always transcend any falsehoods.

I appreciate your feedback here.

Enjoy your weekend.

2 Likes

Re: “Don't Let Me Nod Your Face” - Osimhen To His Guys Trying To Calm Him Down by ThiefnubuBandit(f): 9:38pm On Jun 15
SmartyPants:

Just the way Yorubas feel that anyone who is from the South South is Igbo.

2 Likes

Re: “Don't Let Me Nod Your Face” - Osimhen To His Guys Trying To Calm Him Down by Tetraozonaitera: 9:45pm On Jun 15
ThiefnubuBandit:

Ekperima

Mpama!!!

Chineke kpokwa gi okun

Afo dukwa gi ni imi

Ekwensu racha gi anya

E pain am
English seized from im brain grin

Lunatic grin

2 Likes

Re: “Don't Let Me Nod Your Face” - Osimhen To His Guys Trying To Calm Him Down by Westman001: 9:49pm On Jun 15
ghiloman28:
The reflection of Nigeria citizens are our leaders in all institutions in Nigeria no discipline at all level.. Imagine someone that went dumb when Napoli fans and club were bullying him now flexing musle on a country that made him. So Ridiculous. God help this country called Nigeria coz it look’s irredeemable

Which country made him? Please tell us the country you thought made him.
Re: “Don't Let Me Nod Your Face” - Osimhen To His Guys Trying To Calm Him Down by Zool6: 9:53pm On Jun 15
Victor Osimhen is Ishan boy from Edo state

IkeGod9891:
Yoruba dey respect their elders. Wetin come Happen here?.

2 Likes

Re: “Don't Let Me Nod Your Face” - Osimhen To His Guys Trying To Calm Him Down by Onogiede(m): 10:04pm On Jun 15
wunmi590:

Your statement shows you don't know what sarcasm means...

I watch football ⚽️ more than you, don't sweat it
how can it be sarcasm when u are not actually focus on real football, my namesake Osimen is potentially fit an focus type of player who mainly all clubs dreams to have as their player, don't ever say what you don't know.

1 Like

Re: “Don't Let Me Nod Your Face” - Osimhen To His Guys Trying To Calm Him Down by ourcrudeoil: 10:09pm On Jun 15
Finidi George lacks capability to manage the Super Eagles. He came with a pride.

Osimen didn't try at all. If na me for insult the foolish Finidi George till he cry blood.

Who is Finidi George? During his playing days did he get the level of Osimen?

Thank you Osimen for all your contribution for the Super Eagles.
Re: “Don't Let Me Nod Your Face” - Osimhen To His Guys Trying To Calm Him Down by Dragunz: 10:10pm On Jun 15
ghiloman28:
The reflection of Nigeria citizens are our leaders in all institutions in Nigeria no discipline at all level.. Imagine someone that went dumb when Napoli fans and club were bullying him now flexing musle on a country that made him. So Ridiculous. God help this country called Nigeria coz it look’s irredeemable
mbahdi:
Pride cometh before a fall..he's a kind of arrogant but he do turn deaf and dumb when being bullied by napoliains
You are stupid to say he went dumb during Napoli's saga. Someone that vexed deleted all Napoli's pic from his instagram, he refused to even celebrate goals anymore.

Una go just sit for una hut dey post rubbish.
Re: “Don't Let Me Nod Your Face” - Osimhen To His Guys Trying To Calm Him Down by ALLNIGERIANSMAD(m): 10:11pm On Jun 15
dododawa1:
Edo Na Yoruba

Oduduwa sons and daughters
ha I don't know ho, you are just telling me
Re: “Don't Let Me Nod Your Face” - Osimhen To His Guys Trying To Calm Him Down by aswani(m): 10:12pm On Jun 15
Konquest:

The dude I quoted clearly and incorrectly posted on Page 1 that "Oduduwa ran away from Bendel State (sic) to Isale Eko." That's why I had to step in to correct him.

Besides Oranmiyan who was Oduduwa's grandson had to leave on his own volition like you rightly stated due to some difficulties he encountered as a ruler and it was he that supposedly gave the name "Ule Ibinu" to the land which the Europeans corrupted to Benin.

The first paragraph of your post regarding an Izoduwa or is it an Ekaladehan coming to Ufe (Ife) will be left for fuller discussions next time. In Ife history though, Oduduwa came from his ancestral land of Oke-Ora which is just 8 miles from Ife. This is why whenever an Ooni of Ife is to be crowned, as part of the ceremonial rites, he has to go to Oke-Ora from where Oduduwa originally came from. Also the people of Usen who are very close to Benin and speak their dialect of Yoruba and Bini languages uphold the Oduduwa story because Usen was founded by Oranmiyan's older brother who came there with Oranmiyan and their entourage. It was from Usen that Oranmiyan proceeded to what is now Benin. I have a video interview where an Usen High Chief revealed all these facts and debunked the fleeing story of "Izoduwa" or "Ekaladehan" to what is now Ile Ife. He even stated that Usen plays a strong traditional and religious role during the coronation of every new Oba of Benin and that ALL the traditional titles you find in Usen and Benin including the deities are derived from Ile Ife. I can give you the link of the video interview on another thread later on and tag you.

Cheers.

Good post, like you said, other stuff can be expanded on later.

I was focused on the "fleeing" part of things is why I brought up Izoduwa. At no point did I contradict or challenge anything you typed (and have no intentions to).

1 Like

Re: “Don't Let Me Nod Your Face” - Osimhen To His Guys Trying To Calm Him Down by ghiloman28(m): 10:20pm On Jun 15
See how foolish you are. So he called out his coach or club as he did not Nigeria. The thing about ungrateful people is they always feel they can not need you again. Keep fooling yourself
Dragunz:

You are stupid to say he went dumb during Napoli's saga. Someone that vexed deleted all Napoli's pic from his instagram, he refused to even celebrate goals anymore.

Una go just sit for una hut dey post rubbish.

2 Likes

Re: “Don't Let Me Nod Your Face” - Osimhen To His Guys Trying To Calm Him Down by ghiloman28(m): 10:21pm On Jun 15
He must be and English player and left Europe from England
Westman001:

Which country made him? Please tell us the country you thought made him.

2 Likes

Re: “Don't Let Me Nod Your Face” - Osimhen To His Guys Trying To Calm Him Down by ThiefnubuBandit(f): 10:29pm On Jun 15
Tetraozonaitera:

E pain am
English seized from im brain grin

Lunatic grin

Your papa lunatic.

1 Like

Re: “Don't Let Me Nod Your Face” - Osimhen To His Guys Trying To Calm Him Down by arcnomec(m): 11:11pm On Jun 15
ourcrudeoil:
Finidi George lacks capability to manage the Super Eagles. He came with a pride.

Osimen didn't try at all. If na me for insult the foolish Finidi George till he cry blood.

Who is Finidi George? During his playing days did he get the level of Osimen?

I guess you are one of these Gen Z children,if not you won't dare ask the level of Finidi during his playing days....

Thank you Osimen for all your contribution for the Super Eagles.
Re: “Don't Let Me Nod Your Face” - Osimhen To His Guys Trying To Calm Him Down by Dragunz: 11:27pm On Jun 15
ghiloman28:
See how foolish you are. So he called out his coach or club as he did not Nigeria. The thing about ungrateful people is they always feel they can not need you again. Keep fooling yourself

Keep being stupid, wether his Coach in Napoli called him out like Finidi did, you go tell us.
Re: “Don't Let Me Nod Your Face” - Osimhen To His Guys Trying To Calm Him Down by blowjohn(m): 12:15am On Jun 16
Always82:
When those Napolilans bash him l never one day cry for him.

Napoli dey feed am.

Finidi and super eagles dey feed am?
Re: “Don't Let Me Nod Your Face” - Osimhen To His Guys Trying To Calm Him Down by blowjohn(m): 12:16am On Jun 16
Dem suppose arrest that finidi.

So OSIMHEN suppose play with injury?

Without OSIMHEN Nigeria cannot win?

OSIMHEN even offered to come down to be with the boys . And he has proof.

Finidi na idiot.
With him beards like craze person. Finidi shud get lost.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Manchester United Appoints Mourinho As Coach / South Africans Reactions After Keshi "Resignation" / Tonye Solomon Deeboi Swims Across A River With Ball On His Head. Photos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.