Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,404 members, 7,881,469 topics. Date: Friday, 05 July 2024 at 08:32 PM

Finidi George’s Achievements Vs Victor Osimhen Record - Sports (12) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Finidi George’s Achievements Vs Victor Osimhen Record (74637 Views)

Today Is Finidi George's 50th Birthday. / Joseph Yobo Pictured With Finidi George - Check His Current Look / See What Finidi George Looks Like Now (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) ... (17) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Finidi George’s Achievements Vs Victor Osimhen Record by Babastrong(m): 6:39am On Jun 16
[quote author=omoredia post=130497503]

U wey no wake ur papa with leg did that stop ur father from ruining ur life and future? To pay u 30k minimum wage ur useIess father can't but he can chase ur girlfriend to sleep with her [see watin this werey is talking again. useless animal from cursed region. do you think we blame our father for our problems(if there is any). you are born and trained to see enemy in people.
Ayilaala kills your papa there. ]
Re: Finidi George’s Achievements Vs Victor Osimhen Record by Haaland21: 6:41am On Jun 16
Melagros:
COMRADES, despite the previous achievements of Finidi, last last he fall hands on his coaching career with super eagles

Tell us about Rooney, and Lampard.

Did you see anyone abusing them? Stop justifying nonsense

2 Likes

Re: Finidi George’s Achievements Vs Victor Osimhen Record by omoredia: 6:42am On Jun 16
[quote author=Babastrong post=130497724][/quote]

Truth hurts
Re: Finidi George’s Achievements Vs Victor Osimhen Record by Babastrong(m): 6:45am On Jun 16
[quote author=omoredia post=130497752]
Truth hurts[ kikiikiki.]
Re: Finidi George’s Achievements Vs Victor Osimhen Record by Bone147: 6:47am On Jun 16
Samunique:
Those defending him are mostly from the south east, they don't understand what we call diplomacy and politeness.

Osimehn has lost my respect and love I have for him.

He forgot how Nigerians fought for him for African player of the year.

Osimehn has not kicked a ball for Nigeria since the start of the world cup qualifiers .

I know you can't breathe without mentioning SE.
May your generation be wiped out
May Satan be your next friend
May your days on earth be few
May your sins forever cry against you before God
May your prayers be sinful on Gods eyes
May your wife be a widow and your children fatherless
May some take.what you labored for.
May your name never be remembered on earth

As you say SE will never sleep for you,you will never die in peace.

So Mote It be

1 Like

Re: Finidi George’s Achievements Vs Victor Osimhen Record by whizzler: 6:54am On Jun 16
santaclaws:
One thing I've learnt about this VO9 vs Finidi saga is that it's better to keep quiet when one is angry, otherwise you might say things that would make you appear rude when you're overtaken by emotions... I've been in such situations a couple of times as well and most people will focus on what you said than how you feel.

The fact that he had an injury and couldn't play even if he wanted to must have made him feel the most pain and Finidi's statement was also wrong; you don't make people believe the wrong thing about others. He could've just reiterated what Osimhen said, but Finidi obviously didn't believe Osimhen had an injury and that was the genesis of all these.

VO9 is obviously a down-to-earth guy, but he allowed his emotions get the best of him and came through in an unusual way. Life goes on...

Bros the boy no down to any earth" he is chronically arrogant

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Finidi George’s Achievements Vs Victor Osimhen Record by Nigerianization(m): 6:54am On Jun 16
Samunique:
Those defending him are mostly from the south east, they don't understand what we call diplomacy and politeness.

Osimehn has not kicked a ball for Nigeria since the start of the world cup qualifiers .

Keep bringing tribe into everything. Osimhen is from the south south and he spoke Yoruba in the video, yet you must drag the South East into the fray. Kwantinue

1 Like

Re: Finidi George’s Achievements Vs Victor Osimhen Record by sageb: 6:54am On Jun 16
Fineman2:
Osimhen should apologize to this legend, I don't know why people from that side are defending him

Finidi George also represented Nigeria in two FIFA World Cups, 1994 and 1998.

finidi is a football legend , osimhen should apologize to him .

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Finidi George’s Achievements Vs Victor Osimhen Record by whizzler: 6:57am On Jun 16
Max24:

The same elders that bathe you and cleaned you up when you defecate as a kid can't talk to you again because you are a big boy? Is that normal? So, if your father talks to you, you tell him to shut up ? Is that what you do at home?
Ask him oh
Re: Finidi George’s Achievements Vs Victor Osimhen Record by EchoEnigma: 7:15am On Jun 16
So if he didn't have all these, there wouldn't be a need for apology?
Re: Finidi George’s Achievements Vs Victor Osimhen Record by YouAreNobody: 7:18am On Jun 16
Samunique:

Guy you dey craze!!!
WTF is wrong with you bastards on this forum? What do you mean "those defending him are mostly from the south east"? Did you do any survey to find this out?

Nnaah na waa o, God punish your useless mouth!

1 Like

Re: Finidi George’s Achievements Vs Victor Osimhen Record by kennyz247(m): 7:18am On Jun 16
Flame333:
I don't see any reason why you should be comparing somebody who is still grow with someone who has retired

D question should be,Will osimhen ever get to that hights with this rudeness.....
Re: Finidi George’s Achievements Vs Victor Osimhen Record by YouAreNobody: 7:19am On Jun 16
nairayouthcom:
From that side way he hail from
Na kick den Dey use wake there papa from beg

Den no Dey get respect
🤣🤣🤣

Which side is that?
Re: Finidi George’s Achievements Vs Victor Osimhen Record by robosky02(m): 7:20am On Jun 16
2elliot:
Na this Una over respect for elders dey kill this country. Because someone started or achieved something before another and became a veteran, the new and young ones should not have a say or voice. They must worship the older ones like some gods.

You can't insult a legend and become one

Finidi George don win champions league
Finidi George don win .nation's cup
Finidi George don play world cup

Make Osimhen dey play him never win champions league
Him never go world cup... See chance overhype dey do am

Dey there dey wine am hmmm

Make him no calm down

2 Likes

Re: Finidi George’s Achievements Vs Victor Osimhen Record by kullozone(m): 7:33am On Jun 16
This jealousy people don start for this thread again...

If you focus so much on others, what time will you now have for yourself
Nawa oh!
Re: Finidi George’s Achievements Vs Victor Osimhen Record by regenerateman(m): 7:34am On Jun 16
Imagine, Victor saying ' I called Finidi'. This boy is very arrogant and pompous. He should be banned from the national team.

3 Likes

Re: Finidi George’s Achievements Vs Victor Osimhen Record by iykechas2002: 7:34am On Jun 16
Karma know everyone's address and pride comes before a fall. The existing platform Osimeh is standing was built by the great legends and if he wants to be part of it, he should respect those before him.

His management team has not done a good job with him. Even if Finidi called him out, his team would have stage a press conference to address the issue rather than the unprofessional display he did.
Also note that professional suitors who want to sign him might rethink because of this act. This might be the beginning of his down fall.

I am sure he is not schooled that was why the street mentally is still in him. Using foul language on everyone in the country. What arrogance and disrespect.

Lastly, Finidi would have been wrong but I think he got it up to a point that he has to spill it out. Four invites were extended to Osimeh and he never honorned one. How do you explain this? Players walk in to the camp at will and no disciplinary action taking against them because it is believed they have "a top man" in NFF who is protecting them. Do you think Finidi got the support of the NFF knowing fully well that they would make more money for themselves if they got a foreign coach. They wanted Finidi to fail. So their game plan worked.

Let's watch and see if NFF will sanction Osimeh

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Finidi George’s Achievements Vs Victor Osimhen Record by VonSmallhausen: 7:40am On Jun 16
Why must everything be tribal for you guys? angry

Samunique:

1 Like

Re: Finidi George’s Achievements Vs Victor Osimhen Record by ceejayluv(m): 7:41am On Jun 16
obyno82:

Finidi was not in that team
Alright....
Re: Finidi George’s Achievements Vs Victor Osimhen Record by iykechas2002: 7:41am On Jun 16
Karma know everyone's address and pride comes before a fall. The existing platform Osimeh is standing was built by the great legends and if he wants to be part of it, he should respect those before him.

His management team has not done a good job with him. Even if Finidi called him out, his team would have stage a press conference to address the issue rather than the unprofessional display he did.
Also note that professional suitors who want to sign him might rethink because of this act. This might be the beginning of his down fall.

I am sure he is not schooled that was why the street mentally is still in him. Using foul language on everyone in the country. What arrogance and disrespect.

Lastly, Finidi would have been wrong but I think he got it up to a point that he has to spill it out. Four invites were extended to Osimeh and he never honorned one. How do you explain this? Players walk in to the camp at will and no disciplinary action taking against them because it is believed they have "a top man" in NFF who is protecting them. Do you think Finidi got the support of the NFF knowing fully well that they would make more money for themselves if they got a foreign coach. They wanted Finidi to fail. So their game plan worked.

Let's watch and see if NFF will sanction Osimeh

Fineman2:
At Ajax

Finidi George Won Eredivisie League : 1993–94, 1994–95, 1995–96.

Finidi George Won Johan Cruijff Shield: 1994, 1995

Finidi George Won UEFA Champions League: 1994–95 and was a Runner-up in 1995–96.

Finidi George Won UEFA Super Cup: 1995

Finidi George Won Intercontinental Cup: 1995
Betis

Finidi George Won Copa del Rey runner-up: 1996–97

In International Stage With Nigeria

Finidi George Won Africa Cup of Nations: 1994;

Runner-up 2000 ; Third place 1992, 2002.

Below are only achievements of Victor Osimhen Who Just Insulted Finidi George

At Napoli

Victor Osimhen only won Serie A: 2022–23

In Nigeria U17

FIFA U-17 World Cup: 2015
Nigeria

Africa Cup of Nations runner-up: 2023; third place: 2019.

Be The Judge. Should Victor Osimhen Disrespect Finidi George?

(Compiled by Wisdom Nwedene , a Nigerian Journalist)

#IgbereTV

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Finidi George’s Achievements Vs Victor Osimhen Record by kullozone(m): 7:43am On Jun 16
obainojazz:
Both are South South but you ďrag East inside. Madness grin

grin grin
It's so funny... Those people no dey reason well again because of East matter oh!

What did you guys do to them na

1 Like

Re: Finidi George’s Achievements Vs Victor Osimhen Record by AviatorMoney(m): 7:44am On Jun 16
Samunique:

Please, is osimhen from South East??
Just asking

1 Like

Re: Finidi George’s Achievements Vs Victor Osimhen Record by robosky02(m): 7:45am On Jun 16
This boy won be like Baloteli

Everybody way talk him won attack
The last time na Victor Ikpeba now na Finidi George

2 Likes

Re: Finidi George’s Achievements Vs Victor Osimhen Record by waveman2: 7:45am On Jun 16
As of now his career is already going south.Arsenalill not come for him,Chelsea has already backed out, the only club psg will have a rethink while Napoli will be going about begging clubs to pay his release clause.The boy na small pikin.

Alexlalax1:
When I mentioned Osimhen's arrogance in an earlier thread, not disputing the fact that he's a very good player, some fooollls here were abusing their papa thinking that they were abusing me. Finidi bleeped up by calling the boy out but it never warrants him to abuse him and Nigerians who stood by him when he was racially abused by his club. Can he try that nonsense on any of his club coaches no matter how small the club might be. Do you think that an Arteta after watching his outbursts, will come for him. The boy wan kill em career

2 Likes

Re: Finidi George’s Achievements Vs Victor Osimhen Record by intruder15(m): 7:50am On Jun 16
Fineman2:
At Ajax

Finidi George Won Eredivisie League : 1993–94, 1994–95, 1995–96.

Finidi George Won Johan Cruijff Shield: 1994, 1995

Finidi George Won UEFA Champions League: 1994–95 and was a Runner-up in 1995–96.

Finidi George Won UEFA Super Cup: 1995

Finidi George Won Intercontinental Cup: 1995
Betis

Finidi George Won Copa del Rey runner-up: 1996–97

In International Stage With Nigeria

Finidi George Won Africa Cup of Nations: 1994;

Runner-up 2000 ; Third place 1992, 2002.

Below are only achievements of Victor Osimhen Who Just Insulted Finidi George

At Napoli

Victor Osimhen only won Serie A: 2022–23

In Nigeria U17

FIFA U-17 World Cup: 2015
Nigeria

Africa Cup of Nations runner-up: 2023; third place: 2019.

Be The Judge. Should Victor Osimhen Disrespect Finidi George?

(Compiled by Wisdom Nwedene , a Nigerian Journalist)

#IgbereTV

If somebody questions your loyalty to a country you give your all for, when fully carried along in the case that led to your absence, should you fold your hands and say he is an elder? When the rumour flies around and people begin to actually believe the rubbish lie, what will be left of your career?

The point is not about their individual achievements.

It's just like going out of your way to ensure that your woman is okay. Then the woman ask you what have you even done for me.

It's uncalled for. Not proud of his reaction. But that reaction shows dedication to the Nigerian cause which I am proud of. So, stop the childish comparison. That was not the bone of contention.
Re: Finidi George’s Achievements Vs Victor Osimhen Record by Jozzy4: 7:53am On Jun 16
santaclaws:
One thing I've learnt about this VO9 vs Finidi saga is that it's better to keep quiet when one is angry, otherwise you might say things that would make you appear rude when you're overtaken by emotions... I've been in such situations a couple of times as well and most people will focus on what you said than how you feel.

The fact that he had an injury and couldn't play even if he wanted to must have made him feel the most pain and Finidi's statement was also wrong; you don't make people believe the wrong thing about others. He could've just reiterated what Osimhen said, but Finidi obviously didn't believe Osimhen had an injury and that was the genesis of all these.

VO9 is obviously a down-to-earth guy, but he allowed his emotions get the best of him and came through in an unusual way. Life goes on...

The Bold is true. Most times people even come for you when you retaliate and not when the initial toxic person started it.

One of my pals recently felt cheated by a man they did business together. The anger was so much that he felt like calling the Man and cursing, abusing his life , but we had to tell him to relax and not do it. This toxic man could Record the Call and present to the police as threat to life. Another Gbege, We also told him not to send any incriminating chats, because he was planning to text some stuffs in his anger, thankfully he didn't send it. It wasn't easy but I'm glad he listened.

Silence is difficult , but what helps is that one should remember emotional outburst gives temporary relief, but permanent damage. Silence on the other hand gives temporary discomfort, but permanent Respect.

Now there are times a person could lash out, when you have nothing to lose . But even that , make sure nothing is recorded. Internet is a big place, some videos or voice may come back to haunt. If you can't avoid not being recorded, either take the case to people above you that could settle it or just keep silent.

Have also seen cases where been silent actually unsettles the toxic person involved. they are scared , because they don't know your plans
Re: Finidi George’s Achievements Vs Victor Osimhen Record by Kuvuki001: 7:56am On Jun 16
The writer forgot to mention Osimen won Africa Best, The Best player in seria A , One of the most prolific striker in world. , at 25.
Re: Finidi George’s Achievements Vs Victor Osimhen Record by chidiokay: 7:58am On Jun 16
Melagros:
COMRADES, despite the previous achievements of Finidi, last last he fall hands on his coaching career with super eagles

How did he falls hand, which year we no dey get problem with super eagles qualifying ot using calculator ... all the foreign coach we have hired what differences did they make

FINDI GEORGE, the job wasnt conducive, Nigerians are impatient, NFF are playing politics and the players are not even committed enough ... its good riddance to bad rubbish

Nigerians need to understand the national team is for ready made players it is not a place where coach build players, national coach have the shortest time with players ... naa clubside players they grow.

1 Like

Re: Finidi George’s Achievements Vs Victor Osimhen Record by StreetFight: 8:00am On Jun 16
Melagros:

The so called big coaches have achieved worse results. Football is not arithmetic, several variables beyond the coaches' control are involved
Re: Finidi George’s Achievements Vs Victor Osimhen Record by Kanixt(m): 8:01am On Jun 16
Flame333:
I don't see any reason why you should be comparing somebody who is still grow with someone who has retired

If you think he's still growing why will he disrespect legend?

Oseme don't think he's still growing
Re: Finidi George’s Achievements Vs Victor Osimhen Record by StreetFight: 8:02am On Jun 16
chidiokay:

How did he falls hand, which year we no dey get problem with super eagles qualifying ot using calculator ... all the foreign coach we have hired what differences did they make

FINDI GEORGE, the job wasnt conducive, Nigerians are impatient, NFF are playing politics and the players are not even committed enough ... its good riddance to bad rubbish

Nigerians need to understand the national team is for ready made players it is not a place where coach build players, national coach have the shortest time with players ... naa clubside players they grow.

Yes, my brethren, Senior National Team is not for talent discovery, that is for Under 15 and 17 tonaments. Senior National Team is for experience and established players

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) ... (17) (Reply)

Ahmed Musa & IG User Who Said He Shouldn't Have Sang A Christian Song As Muslim / Floyd Mayweather Wins As He Knocks Out Conor Mcgregor In The 10th Round (Pics) / Morocco Vs Portugal: FIFA World Cup Qatar 2022. (1 - 0) On 10th December 2022

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 84
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.