Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,170,648 members, 7,878,895 topics. Date: Wednesday, 03 July 2024 at 08:58 AM

Finidi George’s Achievements Vs Victor Osimhen Record - Sports (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Finidi George’s Achievements Vs Victor Osimhen Record (74553 Views)

Today Is Finidi George's 50th Birthday. / Joseph Yobo Pictured With Finidi George - Check His Current Look / See What Finidi George Looks Like Now (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) ... (17) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Finidi George’s Achievements Vs Victor Osimhen Record by AareGaa: 5:11am On Jun 16
Samunique:
Those defending him are mostly from the south east, they don't understand what we call diplomacy and politeness.

Osimehn has lost my respect and love I have for him.

He forgot how Nigerians fought for him for African player of the year.

Osimehn has not kicked a ball for Nigeria since the start of the world cup qualifiers .

And it's not because those biaflans love Osimehn.
They naturally hate successful people who are not from their tribe.

The reason they now support Osimehn is because they're angry that Amunike was not picked instead of Finidi.

Biaflans are from Hell fire

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Finidi George’s Achievements Vs Victor Osimhen Record by tenpipsperday: 5:12am On Jun 16
Samunique:
Those defending him are mostly from the south east, they don't understand what we call diplomacy and politeness.

Osimehn has not kicked a ball for Nigeria since the start of the world cup qualifiers .

Only a fool will believe that an Igbo moniker in nairaland is actually an Igbo person.

They defend him because he is Igbo?

Nonsense

1 Like

Re: Finidi George’s Achievements Vs Victor Osimhen Record by diogo23: 5:13am On Jun 16
Fineman2:
it's very typical of them, they are everywhere defending him on social media
Because one of them is from South East? Hatred for the igbos is on another level

1 Like

Re: Finidi George’s Achievements Vs Victor Osimhen Record by ibtommy(m): 5:14am On Jun 16
hkidola00:
Ronaldo don't give a Bleep about their chants,he gets angry when his team is loosing,he always want to win and geer the team,unlike Messi the Barcelona captain that was unmotivated at half time dressing room when Bayern were pounding his team 8-2

Thanks,sir, but I wasn't trying to compare Ronaldo and Messi. You can open another thread for that. You should understand what I was driving at.

1 Like

Re: Finidi George’s Achievements Vs Victor Osimhen Record by NaijaVietnamese: 5:15am On Jun 16

Fineman2:
Osimhen should apologize to this legend, I don't know why people from that side are defending him

Finidi George also represented Nigeria in two FIFA World Cups, 1994 and 1998.

Re: Finidi George’s Achievements Vs Victor Osimhen Record by PepeXKermit: 5:15am On Jun 16
Fineman2:
At Ajax

Finidi George Won Eredivisie League : 1993–94, 1994–95, 1995–96.

Finidi George Won Johan Cruijff Shield: 1994, 1995

Finidi George Won UEFA Champions League: 1994–95 and was a Runner-up in 1995–96.

Finidi George Won UEFA Super Cup: 1995

Finidi George Won Intercontinental Cup: 1995
Betis

Finidi George Won Copa del Rey runner-up: 1996–97

In International Stage With Nigeria

Finidi George Won Africa Cup of Nations: 1994;

Runner-up 2000 ; Third place 1992, 2002.

Below are only achievements of Victor Osimhen Who Just Insulted Finidi George

At Napoli

Victor Osimhen only won Serie A: 2022–23

In Nigeria U17

FIFA U-17 World Cup: 2015
Nigeria

Africa Cup of Nations runner-up: 2023; third place: 2019.

Be The Judge. Should Victor Osimhen Disrespect Finidi George?

(Compiled by Wisdom Nwedene , a Nigerian Journalist)

#IgbereTV

What does finidi georges achievement have to do with the disrespect victor shpwed him? So if Finidi george did not achieve all these, does that make victor or give him the ground to talk to a senipr colleague and coach like that? You see where your logic is flawed? Na this same stupid comparison una dey do for every aspect of naija that breeds room for bad blood. Delete this post now

4 Likes

Re: Finidi George’s Achievements Vs Victor Osimhen Record by Zxcvbnmghtr: 5:15am On Jun 16
Alexlalax1:
Oga, I am never in support of Finidi or his actions. I was opposed to his appointment cuz I don't think he has the pedigree to lead the national team if not for politics. That said, in the world of football, which I played in a small level. You have no right to publicly call out your coach. The world is watching, a coach that loves his abilities might be discouraged to sign him due to this singular act. Arteta, Gardiola an the likes will never take this shit from him, no matter how good he might be.

Finidi is trying to put his inefficiency all on a player and you expect the player not to react?

Players do call out their coaches publicly. I can give you so many examples.
Re: Finidi George’s Achievements Vs Victor Osimhen Record by Agadinaagwuofe: 5:16am On Jun 16
Fineman2:

Why will you spoil your beautiful post with pettiness. It's very low of you and simple minded to box your expression in a corner. People might have reasons to support or chastize Osimhen depending on their way to analyze issues and has nothing to do with tribe. I have read Yorubas supporting and chastizing same away other tribes so why fixating your undeveloped mind set. Always be open minded in critical analysis as that's your best way to live peaceful and successful, likes in this forum is just for low self esteem and nothing valuable, more reason you have to be thinking above that. Saying SE supporting Osimhen is way out of line.
Re: Finidi George’s Achievements Vs Victor Osimhen Record by AareGaa: 5:16am On Jun 16
jasent:

So,the tribalism don reach this level? So,all those defending Osihen are from East,because osihen is an igbo guy or what? Why are you guys openly being so tribalistic and so proud about it,why?

The biaflan monkeys are simply angry that Amunike was not picked instead of Finidi.
Not that they like Osimehn.

Biaflans don't like any successful people who don't hail from their cannibal land.

1 Like

Re: Finidi George’s Achievements Vs Victor Osimhen Record by Max24: 5:18am On Jun 16
omoredia:

I beg dem? Respect is not what u demand from anybody by virue of ur old age, it is what u earned by ur respectable behavior. Nigeria is the only place where old fools take age as their only achievement in life
So, Finidi has not earned his respect? Has he achieved what Finidi achieved? Or you think Finidi is a nobody? Do you know the kind of loyalty and patriotism Finidi and his set showed to Nigeria and Nigerians in the past? Finidi played in Europe long before him. You think people like Finidi might not still have influence in Europe? Oshieme might have undone himself with that rant. Always pays to be humble. Learn from Messi.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Finidi George’s Achievements Vs Victor Osimhen Record by PepeXKermit: 5:20am On Jun 16
43Ronin:
Why should osihmen apologize to someone that tried to make him take the fall for his foolish tactics? Why can't finidi man up and accept that he's not a good coach? Osihmen called finidib& told him of his injury only for finidi to say he can't beg osihmen to play. Get lost Finidi! You ruined SE chances of qualifying to WC in a row. You are worse than APC

Make we no even qualify sef. Wetin we dey even play when we dey there?
Re: Finidi George’s Achievements Vs Victor Osimhen Record by dododawa1: 5:22am On Jun 16
OBIDENTs. = Osimhen supporters

Batifeld = finidi supporters
Re: Finidi George’s Achievements Vs Victor Osimhen Record by Babastrong(m): 5:24am On Jun 16
Someone who has been playing and shining when "osi~man" was wearing pant. Anyway, robert greene was right here. LAW: NEVER OUTSHINE THE MASTER.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Finidi George’s Achievements Vs Victor Osimhen Record by OChimex: 5:25am On Jun 16
Fineman2:
At Ajax

Finidi George Won Eredivisie League : 1993–94, 1994–95, 1995–96.

Finidi George Won Johan Cruijff Shield: 1994, 1995

Finidi George Won UEFA Champions League: 1994–95 and was a Runner-up in 1995–96.

Finidi George Won UEFA Super Cup: 1995

Finidi George Won Intercontinental Cup: 1995
Betis

Finidi George Won Copa del Rey runner-up: 1996–97

In International Stage With Nigeria

Finidi George Won Africa Cup of Nations: 1994;

Runner-up 2000 ; Third place 1992, 2002.

Below are only achievements of Victor Osimhen Who Just Insulted Finidi George

At Napoli

Victor Osimhen only won Serie A: 2022–23

In Nigeria U17

FIFA U-17 World Cup: 2015
Nigeria

Africa Cup of Nations runner-up: 2023; third place: 2019.

Be The Judge. Should Victor Osimhen Disrespect Finidi George?

(Compiled by Wisdom Nwedene , a Nigerian Journalist)

#IgbereTV

Total arrant nonsense. Whoever wrote is part of Nigeria problems.
Osimhen never disrespected or discredited George's achievement as a player. He only spoke out about the bad leadership and has bedeviled Nigeria at all facets.
He had injury, nobody cared to ask how he was feeling, nobody cared to treat him, and he took himself to hospital abroad to get treatment, showed George all evidences, which osimhen, has always been committed to Nigeria right from U17. Then instead George to sympathize with him, he came ranting crap as if Osimhen has been found wanting before.
What coach comes out and say his player fakes injury?
George needs to apologize to him for calling him a liar.
These players sacrifice a lot, time and money to play for mumu country called Nigeria.
George is a Mumu coach and was no close to Osimhen in terms of personal contributions/achievement. And osimhen makes way more money than George did.
Nigeria leaders at every position is an idiot and should be called out when they goof
Re: Finidi George’s Achievements Vs Victor Osimhen Record by PepeXKermit: 5:26am On Jun 16
Samunique:

You are a bas!tard and includint the rest of the people who are likimg your comment.i swae i need to dey see some of una so una go fit collect real life beating..
Re: Finidi George’s Achievements Vs Victor Osimhen Record by PepeXKermit: 5:28am On Jun 16
atiku4President:
The clubs that want to buy him will definitely have a rethink after watching him display that anger mismanagement.
Nobody wants that kind of disrespectful chap in their team. He'll pay dearly, even in the national team.

You think say oyibo care about wetin happen to una? As lomg as ot did not happen in an european club or in europe, forget it. Whp national team help sef. What has been nigerias achievement since keshi left 11 years ago?
Re: Finidi George’s Achievements Vs Victor Osimhen Record by obyno82: 5:29am On Jun 16
Samunique:

Why do you people do this? Why are you so wicked and heartless. Do you fear God? Why do you dog whistle and antagonise an entire region? Is it until it causes a Rwandan style genocide that you guys will see the dangerous precedence you are setting and they now set up a panel to review all inflammatory comments made and yours is singled out and you are arrested, then you will say it was the devil abi. This is really getting out of hand and very soon the law will be made to take its cause against you all.
Re: Finidi George’s Achievements Vs Victor Osimhen Record by obyno82: 5:31am On Jun 16
Fineman2:

Until you guys get arrested you will understand that dog whistling a people is a crime punishable by law in the constitution. You guys think that your identities cannot be unravelled. Let me tell you if the DSS pick Seun Osewa he will not waste time to pick out your system logs to give DSS for them to track you.
Re: Finidi George’s Achievements Vs Victor Osimhen Record by obyno82: 5:34am On Jun 16
mikywonder:

South east kee u dia

Wats wrong with u people
Why must south east be Una problem all d time

It is because security agencies are not doing their jobs of arresting people who dog whistle and antagonise a people. Most people here do not realise that it is a crime under Nigerian constitution.
Re: Finidi George’s Achievements Vs Victor Osimhen Record by brown3: 5:35am On Jun 16
Samunique:

according to Yoruba Muslims

1 Like

Re: Finidi George’s Achievements Vs Victor Osimhen Record by Oseone1(m): 5:38am On Jun 16
Samunique:

MUST everything be robbed on SE?
Re: Finidi George’s Achievements Vs Victor Osimhen Record by obyno82: 5:38am On Jun 16
ceejayluv:
You didn't include 1996 Olympics Gold medalist.... Abi that One no follow?

Finidi was not in that team
Re: Finidi George’s Achievements Vs Victor Osimhen Record by IamAtAnger: 5:42am On Jun 16
In ur right senses Juz go through what u wrote again..mehn I pity ur old age. Ur junior go shit rub am for ur face in future and dem go reason u same thing wey u dey reason today
Boyooosa:

You are very bias and illogical person...

Firstly, for the mere fact that you used the word Only for Osimhen and you keep merry-go-round (ing) on Finidi's achievement in Ajax, a vibrant team around that very year, you are so one-sided, I don't why u r doing that anyway.

Another thing is, has finidi George ever won African footballer of the year?

Then, has finidi ever scored 31 goals in a season before, through out his active age?

Another point is, Osimhen is not as old as finidi when he achieved all these, so appreciate those facts and he can still do more
Re: Finidi George’s Achievements Vs Victor Osimhen Record by countryman13: 5:44am On Jun 16
God1000:
Osimhen made a big mistake insulting finidi George, he shouldn't have done that, this is a big stain on him now, he should humble himself and desist from such behavior, he should not use his own mouth to destroy his career, people are watching him.

U re right bro! I love Osimhen but he actually erred big way ds time around. I pray he realize his mistake n amend appropriately. Pride goes before a fall!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Finidi George’s Achievements Vs Victor Osimhen Record by obyno82: 5:47am On Jun 16
KnownUnknown:

You “Igbo giants” sure make a lot of noise on Nairaland. It won’t be remiss to call you people empty barrels.

Shut up there. Did you not see the foolish man that said Osimhen's supporters are from the south east. On what basis will he make that statement and why will he be so daft as to make it.
Re: Finidi George’s Achievements Vs Victor Osimhen Record by obyno82: 5:49am On Jun 16
hkidola00:
but ojukwu carved south south together with Biafra...what do you say to that

Eastern region was it not consisting of South South and South east? Oga it was not Ojukwu that carved it Biafra was former Old Eastern region. Try and have sense
Re: Finidi George’s Achievements Vs Victor Osimhen Record by obyno82: 5:50am On Jun 16
hkidola00:
but at the start of the civil war,ojukwu carved you guys with SE

You don't have sense
Re: Finidi George’s Achievements Vs Victor Osimhen Record by kabe1: 5:52am On Jun 16
GanagiBitrus:

This comparison is needless. Finidi is a coach, Osimhen is a player.

Finidi was wrong to have singled out Osimhen for S/Eagles woes. As the coach, he should have taken responsibility.

Osimhen over reacted out of anger which is also wrong.

In days to come both of them will realise their mistakes & make amends & life goes on.

Is there evidence that Finidi actually made that comment about Osimhen?

Any video evidence?

1 Like

Re: Finidi George’s Achievements Vs Victor Osimhen Record by obyno82: 5:53am On Jun 16
hkidola00:
you don't understand,people nearby can give clue as to how and where the direction they might take him...do you think the police caught Evans without some info from the populace around

Stop smoking that rubbish you are smoking because what you wrote shows your stupidity is in another realm. It is amazing that you brain is still together foe your to buy data, get a phone and type.

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) ... (17) (Reply)

Argentina Vs Saudi Arabia: FIFA World Cup Qatar 2022: (1 - 2) On 22nd Nov 2022 / Meet Efe Ajagba, Nigerian Boxer Making Waves Like Anthony Joshua / See The Moment A BBC Journalist Begged Enyeama Before He Left The Camp..photo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.