Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,169,749 members, 7,875,870 topics. Date: Sunday, 30 June 2024 at 12:10 AM

Ramaphosa Sworn-In For A Second Term As Tinubu & Obasanjo Attend - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ramaphosa Sworn-In For A Second Term As Tinubu & Obasanjo Attend (23620 Views)

Tinubu, Obasanjo Meet At Uzodimma's Swearing-In Ceremony (Picture) / Peter Obi And Obasanjo Attend Bishop Kukah's Book Presentation In Rivers (Pix) / Rasak Okoya 80th Birthday: Tinubu, Obasanjo, Sanwo-Olu, Osoba, Hamzat Spotted (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ramaphosa Sworn-In For A Second Term As Tinubu & Obasanjo Attend by bigdammyj: 3:55pm On Jun 19
Noted.
Re: Ramaphosa Sworn-In For A Second Term As Tinubu & Obasanjo Attend by JuanDeDios: 3:55pm On Jun 19
obiekunie01:
Aside Nigeria, the rest of them African leaders are all dressed in suites even the kings that are supposed to be on their kingly royal wears are all decked in suites, throwing away their traditional African royal clothings! BLACK MAN I TRULY CURSED!
I think they're better at upholding tradition than us though. During presidential inauguration in SA, a babalawo is allowed to lead a traditional prayer. That's something unheard of in Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: Ramaphosa Sworn-In For A Second Term As Tinubu & Obasanjo Attend by God1000(m): 3:56pm On Jun 19
Wishing him all the best
Re: Ramaphosa Sworn-In For A Second Term As Tinubu & Obasanjo Attend by PUNANI01: 4:01pm On Jun 19
So the urinating pipeline of Nigeria went there too.
Re: Ramaphosa Sworn-In For A Second Term As Tinubu & Obasanjo Attend by slimfit1(m): 4:02pm On Jun 19
Pls help us investigate how he flew to South Africa. So also what is happening to Nigerians being killed in South Africa for nothing.
Re: Ramaphosa Sworn-In For A Second Term As Tinubu & Obasanjo Attend by Magnificenttop: 4:08pm On Jun 19

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ramaphosa Sworn-In For A Second Term As Tinubu & Obasanjo Attend by frog12: 4:12pm On Jun 19
foolish people. dem go destroy everything mandela worked for
Re: Ramaphosa Sworn-In For A Second Term As Tinubu & Obasanjo Attend by CaptainFM1: 4:12pm On Jun 19
obiekunie01:
Aside Nigeria, the rest of them African leaders are all dressed in suites even the kings that are supposed to be on their kingly royal wears are all decked in suites, throwing away their traditional African royal clothings! BLACK MAN I TRULY CURSED!

It's not their show. There's no need for them to steal the shine from Cyril. You know some countries traditional attire is just a towel robe and such could be obscene or inappropriate for the occasion. They all dressed rightly for the occasion.

1 Like

Re: Ramaphosa Sworn-In For A Second Term As Tinubu & Obasanjo Attend by francotunsco: 4:13pm On Jun 19
Was president Peter Obi also there? I mean your president!

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ramaphosa Sworn-In For A Second Term As Tinubu & Obasanjo Attend by samuelson06(m): 4:13pm On Jun 19
obiekunie01:

Keep kwayet. Go wear plantain leaves if you want. Allow people wear smart and look smart.
Re: Ramaphosa Sworn-In For A Second Term As Tinubu & Obasanjo Attend by PDPdestroyer(m): 4:21pm On Jun 19
You will never see Obi in this kind of gathering, na to Dey gatecrash weddings and every local street party be his level…..shoe get size! grin

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ramaphosa Sworn-In For A Second Term As Tinubu & Obasanjo Attend by BabaO2: 4:22pm On Jun 19
obasanjo is usurping Nigerian president. rubbish

1 Like

Re: Ramaphosa Sworn-In For A Second Term As Tinubu & Obasanjo Attend by Tareq1105: 4:25pm On Jun 19
ChukwuObe:

Stop deceiving yourself. You can go and ask Zuma if truly the election was free and fair, the same way Obi will say that Nigeria election was not free and fair. What is the difference between how Zuma viewed the SA election and how Obi viewed Nigeria election? Many of us also considered Nigeria election as free and fair.

I now know why Obasanjo was at State House Marina.

Media reported that obj went to greet Tinubu wife for Sallah.

But now I know it's bcoz he wanted to follow Tinubu to South Africa.

2 Likes

Re: Ramaphosa Sworn-In For A Second Term As Tinubu & Obasanjo Attend by Tareq1105: 4:26pm On Jun 19
PDPdestroyer:
You will never see Obi in this kind of gathering, shoe get size! grin

They would come for you o🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ramaphosa Sworn-In For A Second Term As Tinubu & Obasanjo Attend by Tareq1105: 4:27pm On Jun 19
francotunsco:

Was president Peter Obi also there? I mean your president!

Let me check.

1 Like

Re: Ramaphosa Sworn-In For A Second Term As Tinubu & Obasanjo Attend by Ironbull: 4:33pm On Jun 19
obiekunie01:

It's real sad. I'm not expecting that king in particular to dressed in Suite, only Tinubu and Obj wore traditional attires.

2 Likes

Re: Ramaphosa Sworn-In For A Second Term As Tinubu & Obasanjo Attend by Tareq1105: 4:34pm On Jun 19
Kenneth4u205:
I hope the failure drug lord was put at the back seat

If Obi see back seat obidients go happy.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ramaphosa Sworn-In For A Second Term As Tinubu & Obasanjo Attend by Truthsandtrusts: 4:48pm On Jun 19
WannaHowzit:
The South African president Cyril Ramaphosa officially began his second term in office Wednesday after an inauguration ceremony held at the Union Buildings in Pretoria.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2W6pfAITtUs?si=ybnLHVQ_DxsLx6rv

In his oath acceptance, he said: “I, Matamela Cyril Ramaphosa swear that I will be faithful to the Republic of South Africa, and will obey, observe, uphold, and maintain the Constitution and all other laws of the Republic.”

In a speech made after he was sworn in, Ramaphosa promised to tackle the challenges facing the nation especially as he seeks to improve the economy.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8KRcslNcJKQ?si=_92QmLmk6ujQTKJJ

“The people have spoken loudly that they choose peace and democracy over violent, undemocratic and unconstitutional methods,”Ramaphosa said.

“In their multitude, in voices that are many and diverse, the people of South Africa have voted and made known their wishes, their concerns, and their expectations,” he said.

“We accept and respect the results of the elections and we once again say the people have spoken. Their will shall be done without any doubt or question.”

He added that the voters of South Africa did not give any single party the full mandate to govern our country alone, directing them to address their plight and realise their aspirations.

He was sworn in by Chief Justice Zondo in a public ceremony.

The event was attended by citizens, heads of state, and representatives from across the world.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2u0X90KjidE?si=JxLuBewJWVmcRPxM

Despite South Africans expressing their appreciation of the progress over the past 30 years of democracy, Ramaphosa said they have been unequivocal in expressing their disappointment and disapproval of our performance in some of the areas in which “we have failed them.”

He said they wanted a transformed, growing, and inclusive economy that creates jobs for millions of job seekers and offers business opportunities to all entrepreneurs.

He maintained that the seventh administration would attend to the people’s needs.

The ANC led by Ramaphosa failed to win the election in May for the first time since democracy. The ANC got 40.18% which also saw its seats being reduced from 230 to 159 in Parliament.

But he was re-elected president through the Government of National Unity (GNU) during the first sitting of parliament last Friday in Cape Town.

Ramaphosa won the election with 283 votes beating the EFF’s Julius Malema who received 44 votes.

He will be in office until at least 2029.

The GNU is a type of wide-range, multiparty coalition including all of the main parties that are represented in Parliament, or at least some of them, and would give them a say in national governance.

Just like when you and your friends compromise on what game to play, the different political parties in SA would compromise on important decisions.

This one go pain Peter Obi and obidients say they nor invite Gregory

1 Like

Re: Ramaphosa Sworn-In For A Second Term As Tinubu & Obasanjo Attend by SolomonGrandi: 4:50pm On Jun 19
Kenneth4u205:
I hope the failure drug lord was put at the back seat

If he’s put in a back seat then automatically you’re placed in the back seat .

Why is the average Nigerian so dull as to indirectly wish themselves bad for no reason except tribalism , jealousy and ignorance!

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ramaphosa Sworn-In For A Second Term As Tinubu & Obasanjo Attend by Max24: 4:59pm On Jun 19
obiekunie01:
Thank you for the observation. The gbajue people will not see anything to commend . They are hoping for Tinubu to slip so that they can abuse him among the presidents. They are the true definition of sadism.

1 Like

Re: Ramaphosa Sworn-In For A Second Term As Tinubu & Obasanjo Attend by Powersurge: 5:01pm On Jun 19
obiekunie01:

If to say any of the Nigerian leaders dressed in suit, na curse dem for collect
Re: Ramaphosa Sworn-In For A Second Term As Tinubu & Obasanjo Attend by KLEINBASS: 5:04pm On Jun 19
slimfit1:
Pls help us investigate how he flew to South Africa. So also what is happening to Nigerians being killed in South Africa for nothing.

If you follow proper news channels you will know that Nigerians in South Africa are killing each other over rituals and drugs turf.you should be asking for them to investigate organised crime by Nigerians in South Africa
Re: Ramaphosa Sworn-In For A Second Term As Tinubu & Obasanjo Attend by aylipple: 5:17pm On Jun 19
Among Nigeria’s living ex-Military Heads of State, Generals Yakubu Gowon (rtd) & Olusegun Obasanjo (rtd) have been really lucky to be blessed with good health, stamina & strong bones.

For their ages & how long they’ve been out of public office, both men are truly blessed; Gen. Muhammadu Buhari was literally at the border of death especially in his first tenure as democratically elected president but us since bounced back to good health and looks. However, he only just left office about a year ago & still considerably younger than the duo of Gowon & OBJ.

1 Like

Re: Ramaphosa Sworn-In For A Second Term As Tinubu & Obasanjo Attend by Danmisra(m): 5:22pm On Jun 19
AllahOfterror:
grin

This person should be banned for his username
Rule 2 should be considered
Re: Ramaphosa Sworn-In For A Second Term As Tinubu & Obasanjo Attend by Haaland21: 5:24pm On Jun 19
Melagros:
COMRADES, congratulations to Ramaphosa, he won his election through free and fair election, unlike what we witnessed in Nigeria in 2023

We rejected PO blue and black.

Ipob cant force him on Nigerians.

Igbos who wish the country evil can suddenly turn around to love Nigeria more than we true Nigerians.

Ko le work....

Next

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Ramaphosa Sworn-In For A Second Term As Tinubu & Obasanjo Attend by Haaland21: 5:25pm On Jun 19
PDPdestroyer:
You will never see Obi in this kind of gathering, na to Dey gatecrash weddings and every local street party be his level…..shoe get size! grin

Pity the man now....

1 Like

Re: Ramaphosa Sworn-In For A Second Term As Tinubu & Obasanjo Attend by Haaland21: 5:27pm On Jun 19
Nelsondiego69:
these yoruba men be looking like monki"*es 😁

Seun, justwise,

See the comment from this guy.

1 Like

Re: Ramaphosa Sworn-In For A Second Term As Tinubu & Obasanjo Attend by God1000(m): 5:35pm On Jun 19
BabaO2:
obasanjo is usurping Nigerian president. rubbish
please how is Obasanjo usurping Tinubu? I'm sure he was also invited to the inauguration ceremony
Re: Ramaphosa Sworn-In For A Second Term As Tinubu & Obasanjo Attend by Kelvin5214: 5:36pm On Jun 19
Omo if you see the way they snubbed the agbado master e cheesy
Re: Ramaphosa Sworn-In For A Second Term As Tinubu & Obasanjo Attend by JeffArmani234: 5:41pm On Jun 19
WannaHowzit:

Did Britain & co use Africa beyond repairs
Re: Ramaphosa Sworn-In For A Second Term As Tinubu & Obasanjo Attend by StreetFight: 5:42pm On Jun 19
obiekunie01:

Emilokan Asiwaju Jagaban and Ebora Owu Olusegun Obasanjo deserve accolades for this

1 Like

Re: Ramaphosa Sworn-In For A Second Term As Tinubu & Obasanjo Attend by rummmy: 5:43pm On Jun 19
always arriving while people are dying of hunger...................Africa is caused

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Senate Defends Confirmation Of Musiliu Obanikoro As Minister / SSS Paid N152M Into Maina’s Secret Account / Annkio Briggs Speaks On The Killing Of IPOB Members In Enugu (Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.