Stats: 3,170,622 members, 7,878,795 topics. Date: Wednesday, 03 July 2024 at 07:00 AM

Rivers APC To Tinubu: "We are at war, declare State Of Emergency Now" - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Rivers APC To Tinubu: "We are at war, declare State Of Emergency Now" (22615 Views)

Tinubu: We Are Not Going Into Cabinet Meetings To Preach Religious Sermons / Tinubu: We Must Be Careful About Reducing Cost Of Governance / Abduction Of Katsina Students: Declare State Of Emergency Now – Atiku To Buhari (2) (3) (4)

Re: Rivers APC To Tinubu: "We are at war, declare State Of Emergency Now" by IfnobeGod20: 6:17pm On Jun 19
KnowAll:

They are not because there is no one contesting with those Governors. Rivers is in disarray.
And who is contesting with the governor? Should a political disagreement leads to declaration of state of emergency? It seems some of you doesn't know the condition that can necessitate the declaration of state of emergency? Even states that thousands of people had been killed, a state of emergency had not been declared there.
Re: Rivers APC To Tinubu: "We are at war, declare State Of Emergency Now" by IfnobeGod20: 6:21pm On Jun 19
KnowAll:

If it gets horribly wrong, then a Lt Col would be put in charge . Obviously most politicians would not want to do that especially Goodluck Jonathan that needed Northan votes. But Ashiwaju needs to stamp his authority in Rivers. Those are the states he needs in 3027.
And you think we are still a banana republic where the president can do and undo. Any anti constitution move he made will be resisted with the same measure by the people. The supreme court had made that one abundantly clear that removal of constituted authority during state of emergency is unconstitutional. Tinubu won't like to cause further unrest in an already tensed environment.
Re: Rivers APC To Tinubu: "We are at war, declare State Of Emergency Now" by IfnobeGod20: 6:28pm On Jun 19
Deltatoto:
maturity is when u recognize forces and acknowledge them regardless of Wether u like them or not.Is there anybody in ur community or family that has done what wike has done in life.no African society has seen where a leader in another party will become a serious appointee in another party.Wike made a mistake in his choice of a successor and it will hunt him.Some ppl like u also said wike failed as governor.If u call wike failure then I don’t know what u will call Obaseki and ikpeazu .My point is,we should learn how tocriticise a character.
Please were you born yesterday? Bola was appointed as the Attorney General of the Federation by OBJ from opposition party. He first appointed him as a minister of Mines and Steel for one plus year before reappointing him as Minister for Justice and AGF. Bola Ige is from AD as a party. And many that have enjoyed same gesture in the past.
Re: Rivers APC To Tinubu: "We are at war, declare State Of Emergency Now" by Deltatoto: 6:32pm On Jun 19
IfnobeGod20:

Please were you born yesterday? Bola was appointed as the Attorney General of the Federation by OBJ from opposition party. He first appointed him as a minister of Mines and Steel for one plus year before reappointing him as Minister for Justice and AGF. Bola Ige is from AD as a party. And many that have enjoyed same gesture in the past.
however,it’s an uncommon thing.weda I like ppl or not if they do what I can’t do I hail them.i don’t hate like that.
Re: Rivers APC To Tinubu: "We are at war, declare State Of Emergency Now" by IncredibleWrite: 6:37pm On Jun 19
The same Rivers and PH that I am in is in a state of war? APC is the most stupid and useless political party in the whole world.

So because of the political unrest that the average man on the street even cares less about, the president should declare state of emergency in the whole state?

This Okocha man deserves a hard knock on his head. Some of us is even on the media we read news going on.

Please kindly disregard. Nothing serious is happening as to warrant a state of emergency.
Re: Rivers APC To Tinubu: "We are at war, declare State Of Emergency Now" by IfnobeGod20: 6:40pm On Jun 19
hotseat:
It's extremely difficult to comment on the ongoing imbroglio between the Governor and the ex-while Governor without being accused of bias.

However, from a vantage position of being non-partisan as far as the issues at play are concerned, it should be noted that two wrongs are seeming to be right.

1) There can't be any tenure elongation for the LGC Chairmen as it's alien to our Constitution.

2) Caretaker Committee being inaugurated by the Governor is equally unconstitutional.

3) The best bet is for Local Government elections to be conducted to resolve the lingering quagmire.

4) Anything short of (3) above is a recipe for disaster.

5) For peace to reign, let the proper thing be done.

@hotseat
That should be the right thing to do but with the tension on ground, SIM dare not conduct any election now. They will turn the election to free for all and the collateral damage will be disastrous than imagined. Wike is out to exert his authority while SIM is out to exert his too and that will bring clash of the titans.
Re: Rivers APC To Tinubu: "We are at war, declare State Of Emergency Now" by MeNmyfamily: 6:46pm On Jun 19
RollinTNDA:
My first RnB song

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t7tGa77wqoE?si=GEHUh0B4yO5ynqhs

Not bad, don't really like the chorus tho.
Re: Rivers APC To Tinubu: "We are at war, declare State Of Emergency Now" by IfnobeGod20: 6:58pm On Jun 19
Ikumapkayi:

Give me a break. The President of Nigeria is powerful. Nothing I repeat, nothing will happen if he declares state of emergency!
Mr. Man, do you think Mr. President can unilaterally declare state of emergency. He needs the nod of the National Assembly to declare state of emergency. Some of you think we are still in banana republic and the constitution is secondary. The National Assembly must deliberate on the merit of the emergency before putting it to vote to allow such. Learn democracy and stop thinking we are in a jungle where laws are suspended. Even a lay man would know that there's no merit in declaring state of emergency in Rivers state.
Re: Rivers APC To Tinubu: "We are at war, declare State Of Emergency Now" by IfnobeGod20: 7:11pm On Jun 19
KnowAll:

There is a constitute Authority in Zamfara and Kaduna even though there is insecurity. With Rivers we don’t know who is in charge.
As the governor been replaced please, that I didn't know?
Where there is an insecurity state of emergency should not be declared but where is no or minimal insecurity, state of emergency should be declared. Egbon Ori yin gbale sir.
Re: Rivers APC To Tinubu: "We are at war, declare State Of Emergency Now" by lapintoz: 7:53pm On Jun 19
See these Wike mumu stooges. Una no well at all. Sir Fubara is giving it wotowoto

Re: Rivers APC To Tinubu: "We are at war, declare State Of Emergency Now" by Aloysius18: 8:12pm On Jun 19
Who are you to call for state of emergency in rivers state?
Re: Rivers APC To Tinubu: "We are at war, declare State Of Emergency Now" by godofuck231: 8:48pm On Jun 19
You guys ain't seen shiiit
Re: Rivers APC To Tinubu: "We are at war, declare State Of Emergency Now" by Chimela101: 9:33pm On Jun 19
Georgry:

Tinubu won't even dare it, unless you want to set the state on fire, while I really like Wike as a person, the body language of the River people especially the Youth shows that they support their Governor and doesn't want any external person influencing the governance of the state, nobody have the right to think otherwise, not even the president of the federal Republic of Nigeria.

Exactly dear, you are on point.!
Re: Rivers APC To Tinubu: "We are at war, declare State Of Emergency Now" by RollinTNDA: 6:18am On Jun 20
MeNmyfamily:

Not bad, don't really like the chorus tho.
Thanks for the feedback
Re: Rivers APC To Tinubu: "We are at war, declare State Of Emergency Now" by chrisblack1234: 7:42am On Jun 20
Even state that is at war havened been declared emergency state..talk less of river..Apc like problem...
Re: Rivers APC To Tinubu: "We are at war, declare State Of Emergency Now" by Honor10: 7:23pm On Jun 20
Smartcitizen:

He can declare state of emergency with a word of mouth but he can't remove a governor because he declared State of emergency.

If you don't understand it better, you can still consult a constitutional lawyer for more understanding of what I'm saying.

Hear yourself now, if he declared state of emergency in a state, the governor is suspended and an administrator is appointed, it has happened before, consult your history books
Re: Rivers APC To Tinubu: "We are at war, declare State Of Emergency Now" by Smartcitizen: 9:30pm On Jun 20
Honor10:

Hear yourself now, if he declared state of emergency in a state, the governor is suspended and an administrator is appointed, it has happened before, consult your history books

You don't know what you are talking about.

Most of you are still learning what the constitution said about this democracy we are practicing.
Re: Rivers APC To Tinubu: "We are at war, declare State Of Emergency Now" by IfnobeGod20: 11:36pm On Jun 20
Honor10:

State of emergency does not remove an elected governor says the supreme court. The one that happened during OBJ was a mistake and against the law of the land. No where in the constitution that stipulate removal of constituted authority during state of emergency.
Recall after that of OBJ's state of emergency, Buhari had declared state of emergency in Borno, Yobe and Adamawa and the constituted were not altered. It's antidemocracy to remove constituted authority during state of emergency. Stop dwelling on old story, try and flow with the recent.

Enugu Awaits Arrival Of President Buhari (Photos) / ‘i’ll Continue Making You Restless’, Fubara Fires Fresh Shot At Wike’s Camp / Awolowo Coined The Name 'Naira' For Our Currency