Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,173,180 members, 7,887,423 topics. Date: Friday, 12 July 2024 at 08:43 AM

How Can I Help A Depressed Friend - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / How Can I Help A Depressed Friend (740 Views)

Should I Help my Ex girlfriend family? / Should I Help A Lady That Refused To Date Me 4 Years Ago With Money? / Fine Boy Sexually Harassed By A Lady, Feels Depressed (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Can I Help A Depressed Friend by Nonexisting1: 9:54pm On Jun 19
I am suspecting that my good friend is depressed or passing through something bad. I currently handle a building project for him, a small students estate in Anambra and last week I reached out to brief him on the progress. The way he sounded uninterested and lost, I believe I was talking to a man in pains. He claimed he was sick but the voice I heard was not of a man that was down with just malaria. Now, he doesn't respond to any of my messages. I'm sure it's not financial difficulty, the nigga and his family are doing okay. I suspected heartbreak because I know he has a fiancee but I can't say for a fact. Could it be his job? I don't know exactly his job description but I can tell he is a Force man in the UK or US and I heard over there, they regularly have depression in that kind job. I am confused. How can I help this brother? He is a very nice person and a good friend. I'm not trying to ask for more money, the project is going on fine and more money is not needed now. He is a pal that I genuinely care about and I have this odd feelings that all is not well with him. Any advice, please give me.
Re: How Can I Help A Depressed Friend by Kingju: 9:57pm On Jun 19
Call him and ask
Re: How Can I Help A Depressed Friend by Nonexisting1: 10:06pm On Jun 19
Kingju:
Call him and ask
He doesn't respond to messages and not picking calls. I can't call with any other phone because he normally doesn't pick calls from unknown numbers.
Re: How Can I Help A Depressed Friend by TheFreshVanilla: 10:40pm On Jun 19
No health issues, no financial issues but still depressed? Just another ungrateful element seeking for pity or validation.
Re: How Can I Help A Depressed Friend by slan87(m): 10:55pm On Jun 19
Start sending him some motivational msgs ASAP, with time he's going respond back to you and open up.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How Can I Help A Depressed Friend by Sapasenator: 11:03pm On Jun 19
Send him that your famous monkey smoking picture. I am sure E go like am
Re: How Can I Help A Depressed Friend by MrBrownJay1(m): 11:29pm On Jun 19
Nonexisting1:
I am suspecting that my good friend is depressed or passing through something bad. I currently handle a building project for him, a small students estate in Anambra and last week I reached out to brief him on the progress. The way he sounded uninterested and lost, I believe I was talking to a man in pains. He claimed he was sick but the voice I heard was not of a man that was down with just malaria. Now, he doesn't respond to any of my messages. I'm sure it's not financial difficulty, the nigga and his family are doing okay. I suspected heartbreak because I know he has a fiancee but I can't say for a fact. Could it be his job? I don't know exactly his job description but I can tell he is a Force man in the UK or US and I heard over there, they regularly have depression in that kind job. I am confused. How can I help this brother? He is a very nice person and a good friend. I'm not trying to ask for more money, the project is going on fine and more money is not needed now. He is a pal that I genuinely care about and I have this odd feelings that all is not well with him. Any advice, please give me.

send him a message and just let him know that you are available for him (to talk or vent) if he needs ...
Re: How Can I Help A Depressed Friend by GreatVocalist: 3:16am On Jun 20
TheFreshVanilla:
No health issues, no financial issues but still depressed? Just another ungrateful element seeking for pity or validation.
What is wrong with you? What is really wrong with you?

2 Likes

Re: How Can I Help A Depressed Friend by Wilian22: 8:02am On Jun 20
Just keep checking on them...and give them support.
Re: How Can I Help A Depressed Friend by Zonefree(m): 9:28am On Jun 20
Sapasenator:
Send him that your famous monkey smoking picture. I am sure E go like am

2 Likes

Re: How Can I Help A Depressed Friend by Nonexisting1: 4:24pm On Jun 20
Thanks for the advice. I will keep reaching out to him at intervals. Nigga is weird that sometimes it seems like you're disturbing him if you keep calling or texting him. I've been around him so I know how he reacts to frequent calls and messages from people.

(1) (Reply)

To The One That Text Me Today / 3 Ways To Meet The Dreamed Person / Four Keys To A Successful Relationship

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.