Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,170,590 members, 7,878,689 topics. Date: Wednesday, 03 July 2024 at 02:24 AM

Cross River Govt Rehabilitates Obudu Cattle Ranch - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Cross River Govt Rehabilitates Obudu Cattle Ranch (30217 Views)

"We Didn't Hoard COVID-19 Palliatives" -Cross River Govt / Ebelechukwu Obiano Rehabilitates Ernest Asuzu (Pictures) / RUGA: Europe Based Nigerian Man Flaunts His Cattle Ranch (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Cross River Govt Rehabilitates Obudu Cattle Ranch by EmmyMaestro(m): 9:01am On Jun 20
The Cross River State government has disclosed that the Obudu Cattle Ranch has been revamped and receiving tourists.

The Commissioner for Culture, Art and Tourism, Abubakar Ewa, disclosed this to The Guardian in Calabar.

The ranch, a tourist attraction, located on the Obudu plateau, in Obanliku Local Council area of the state, was established by the former Governor, Donald Duke, but had been in a dilapidated state throughout the tenure of the past administration of Ben Ayade.

Ewa said that the current government, in partnership with the CIBA Construction Company, is restoring the former glory of the ranch to receive tourists and other visitors.

He said: “The Obudu Cattle Ranch is already revamped, though work is still in progress, but we have gone far. We concessioned the ranch to CIBA Construction Company, in partnership with Marriot Hotels.

“We are doing great at the ranch, the water park is back. The mountain villa, the African hut, power and water, all have returned. Everything that is required for the takeoff of the resort is in place.”

Ewa disclosed that even the cable cars are ready, but awaiting PONNET, the company that built it, to come and recertify before it could be opened for public use. He noted that local engineers who were trained by the company had already serviced the cable cars, stressing that it is important for the company to certify them before it starts operation fully.

https://guardian.ng/cross-river-govt-rehabilitates-obudu-cattle-ranch/

28 Likes 1 Share

Re: Cross River Govt Rehabilitates Obudu Cattle Ranch by JagabanB: 9:03am On Jun 20
Bringing private individuals to invest in this ranch is very necessary so as to increase the value of this place.

118 Likes 9 Shares

Re: Cross River Govt Rehabilitates Obudu Cattle Ranch by christejames(m): 9:04am On Jun 20
Better! But I hope this is not a political statement? undecided

That project should not be left to rot away. I don't know why successive guvnors after Duke failed to properly manage that huge asset? undecided

Terrible management we have in Nigeria!

39 Likes

Re: Cross River Govt Rehabilitates Obudu Cattle Ranch by A4alpha: 9:24am On Jun 20
I don't just know why some politicians especially state governors perform below expectation, is it because of low IQ or something? an average politician is incapable to run a successful business because they know close to nothing about management, all they do is politics. What is politics anyway, I mean wtf is the duty role of a politician?

Gather together party throughout the night and squander money on girls, have big big entourage, be rude to security agent and then be generous to attract praise, make a lot of noise especially on ceremonies, parties, wedding etc for show off.

When they finally win BOM.. NIRABET.. (HIT JACKPOT)... party

You see

Most of them (the governors) that does well are the ones that do well in business management outside politicking. Thats why I don't expect anything from Jagaban, he ain't (NOT) BIZ WISE

23 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Cross River Govt Rehabilitates Obudu Cattle Ranch by Nonybb: 9:32am On Jun 20
A state that APC won in the South. I am still surprise how they did that

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Cross River Govt Rehabilitates Obudu Cattle Ranch by AngusTV: 10:06am On Jun 20
Finally.

Kindly check below for quality smart wrist watches.

Send a messg@ge to the no.

Re: Cross River Govt Rehabilitates Obudu Cattle Ranch by Racoon(m): 10:09am On Jun 20
Nice one! A very serene tourist site

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Cross River Govt Rehabilitates Obudu Cattle Ranch by arinkolashous: 10:12am On Jun 20
Wow this is really good news

3 Likes

Re: Cross River Govt Rehabilitates Obudu Cattle Ranch by FunkyAlhaji2015: 10:12am On Jun 20
This place used to be a huge revenue spinner for Cross River State until Ben Shade and his goons ran it aground. It's good to see some respite

29 Likes

Re: Cross River Govt Rehabilitates Obudu Cattle Ranch by Mitsurugi(m): 10:13am On Jun 20
Good news. I was there in 2021 and I was highly disappointed that the Governor supposed to be from there so neglected the facility. Such a beautiful place if well managed.

5 Likes

Re: Cross River Govt Rehabilitates Obudu Cattle Ranch by isaaclech(m): 10:13am On Jun 20
That's good.. Another source of income to the state.. It is a place to visit.
Re: Cross River Govt Rehabilitates Obudu Cattle Ranch by Amedu3: 10:14am On Jun 20
Typically the nature of political leaders in Nigeria.... always rehabilitating without proper plan for making institutions viable.
I feel sorry for the followers.

A4alpha:
I don't just know why some politicians especially state governors perform below expectation, is it because of low IQ or something? an average politician is incapable to run a successful business because they know close to nothing about management, all they do is politics. What is politics anyway, I mean wtf is the duty role of a politician?

Gather together party throughout the night and squander money on girls, have big big entourage, be rude to security agent and then be generous to attract praise, make a lot of noise especially on ceremonies, parties, wedding etc for show off.

When they finally win BOOM.. NIRABET.. (HIT JACKPOT)... party

You see

Most of them (the governors) that does well are the ones that do well in business management outside politicking. Thats why I don't expect anything from Jagaban, he ain't (NOT) BIZ WISE
Docile followers....that's why they (Political leaders) don't perform,

Ciao .

6 Likes

Re: Cross River Govt Rehabilitates Obudu Cattle Ranch by tiswell(m): 10:14am On Jun 20
Long overdue.

2 Likes

Re: Cross River Govt Rehabilitates Obudu Cattle Ranch by chikason22(m): 10:15am On Jun 20
Good
Re: Cross River Govt Rehabilitates Obudu Cattle Ranch by Mindlog: 10:16am On Jun 20
Beautiful.
Re: Cross River Govt Rehabilitates Obudu Cattle Ranch by ElevationD: 10:17am On Jun 20
Fantastic!
Re: Cross River Govt Rehabilitates Obudu Cattle Ranch by EreluRoz: 10:17am On Jun 20
I wish to visit obudu and have sex there with the lucky man(my husband), it's one of adventurous to-do list
Re: Cross River Govt Rehabilitates Obudu Cattle Ranch by chikason22(m): 10:18am On Jun 20
Good
This will generate lots of revenue for the state government.
Re: Cross River Govt Rehabilitates Obudu Cattle Ranch by Almunjid(m): 10:19am On Jun 20
Cattle Ranch?
Are Fulani herdsmen welcome to rear their cows there too? grin
Re: Cross River Govt Rehabilitates Obudu Cattle Ranch by mrvitalis(m): 10:19am On Jun 20
JagabanB:
Bringing private individuals to invest in this ranch is very necessary so as to increase the value of this place.

You talking how many times have you visited there

Can you invest in it? U think if it's viable investors won't be struggling to invest in it?
Nigeria doesn't have the population ( yes business population is people that can afford a product or services)

Tourism should not really be important right now Nigerians are too poor

Ghana has more people that can spend 10 dollars than Nigeria

Nigerians are too poor , every single Kobo should go into making Nigerians richer

God economics needs to be compulsory

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Cross River Govt Rehabilitates Obudu Cattle Ranch by omoredia: 10:19am On Jun 20
when people have leaders that can think like human beings home will become home again.
Re: Cross River Govt Rehabilitates Obudu Cattle Ranch by IBB007: 10:19am On Jun 20
lol…abubakar for cross river state…it’s very rare to see Muslims in cross river
Re: Cross River Govt Rehabilitates Obudu Cattle Ranch by OMBIIGA: 10:19am On Jun 20
Great! However, I hope the facility is immune from bandits incussion?
Re: Cross River Govt Rehabilitates Obudu Cattle Ranch by bigdammyj: 10:20am On Jun 20
Noted.
Re: Cross River Govt Rehabilitates Obudu Cattle Ranch by mrvitalis(m): 10:21am On Jun 20
Repair this place a million time it would still continue to loose money

Nigeria doesn't have the business population to make it viable

Nigerians are too poor for this right now... Our GDP per capita is bellow 1000 dollars that's worse than Niger, Chad and Cameroon

4 Likes

Re: Cross River Govt Rehabilitates Obudu Cattle Ranch by spencekat(m): 10:22am On Jun 20
Nonybb:
A state that APC won in the South. I am still surprise how they did that
The then governor decamped to APC and that gave them the platform to win.
Re: Cross River Govt Rehabilitates Obudu Cattle Ranch by anonymous1759(m): 10:23am On Jun 20
After the completion of the costal highway this facility will boom grin grin those of you saying what benefits is the project . This is one of it.

1 Like

Re: Cross River Govt Rehabilitates Obudu Cattle Ranch by Oakenshield: 10:24am On Jun 20
Ayade is a real mistake like buhari even his own people rejected him

1 Like

Re: Cross River Govt Rehabilitates Obudu Cattle Ranch by Raxxye(m): 10:24am On Jun 20
Visionary leaders like Donald Duke would never be given opportunity to rule at the national level. Instead it useless ones that always have their way.
Someone like Muhammadu Buhari had no business whatsoever being a councilor, much less a president. But religious fanaticism, nepotism and corruption took him there!
The one we have now is no different.
Nigeria we hail thee o!

6 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

APC Congratulates David Mark As Own Candidate, Daniel Onjeh, Protests / Reno Omokri's Visits To Abuja House, London (photos) / List Of PDP Gubernatorial Candidates In 27 States

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.